Top 5 Data Analytics Courses in Glasgow With Live Training
So, you want to be a data analyst—but thinking about whether is it the correct career path for you. A career in data analytics offers fantastic employment opportunities, so it’s no surprise that more and more people are looking to change careers. We are aware, though, that changing careers isn’t only about money and job security; you also want to be sure you’ll succeed and enjoy the work you’re doing. What then does it take to be successful in this new field? And most importantly how to determine whether the job is correct for you? Before you commit to a job, you should pursue a course that will help you grow in this sector. In this article, we have covered top data analytics courses in Glasgow that will help you gain the required skills to be a successful data analyst.
Glasgow was selected as one of National Geographic’s “Best of the World” locations, and Rough Guide readers voted Glasgow the world’s nicest city.
Before we hop on to the list of institutes offering data analytics courses in Glasgow, let us understand if data analysis is the right career for you.
Whether Data Analysis is the Right Career for You?
When considering choosing from data analytics courses in Glasgow, it’s critical to examine your natural abilities and inner motivators. Aside from monetary incentives, what motivates you to realize your maximum potential? Is data analytics a field that will allow you to use your inherent talents while also leaving you satisfied at the end of each day? Consider the following questions before choosing data analytics courses in Glasgow:
Do You Have a Natural Curiosity and Inquisitiveness?
A data analyst’s job is not just about crunching numbers; a competent data analyst is like a detective, piecing together the tale and deciphering the meaning behind the figures. You should be motivated by a natural passion to learn about the business, its many problems, and how to come up with solutions. So, before you decide to pursue a course in data analysis and choose from the list of data analytics courses in Glasgow, this is the main quality you should possess.
Do You Approach Your Assignment Logically and With an Analytical Mindset?
We all rely on both intuitive and analytical thinking, yet some of us prefer analytical thinking for job and problem-solving. If you’re an analytical thinker, you’re more inclined to base your decisions on facts and knowledge rather than gut feelings or intuition. Do you approach your task deliberately, questioning everything rather than making assumptions? Do you always look for information when faced with a new task? If the reply is yes, then you are perfect for the role of a data analyst.
Can You Solve Problems Quickly?
The core of data analytics is problem-solving; thus, you must enjoy taking on challenging situations. It’s a key part of the work to understand the data that’s required for a certain issue and to decide which analytic approach is the most effective. You’ll need to figure out where and how to obtain the necessary information if you don’t already have it. You’ll fit in well in this field if you like solving different kinds of difficulties.
Are You Interested in Business Strategy?
By demonstrating how data may be utilized to make better decisions and optimize specific operations, data analysts significantly increase the value of businesses. You need to be able to bridge the gap between the figures and the implications for the organization in the real world if you want to succeed in this position. You are in a good position to bridge the crucial gap between data and business strategy if you are interested in how organizations function and enjoy working with significant stakeholders.
Are You Interested in Numbers and Statistics?
It may seem apparent, but it would be irresponsible not to emphasize that love of numbers and statistics is required. You don’t have to be an experienced mathematician to succeed as a data analyst—all the important tools and techniques can be mastered from the ground up. If you run away from a spreadsheet the moment you see it, a career in data analytics might not be for you. On the other hand, you should seriously consider a career in the field if you’re not afraid to tackle challenging analysis.
Do You Feel at Ease Presenting and Collaborating?
The essential test of a talented data analyst is their capacity to convey complex information in an intelligible and user-friendly manner. It is your role as the data expert to ensure that critical results can be converted into action, which includes making them understandable to non-data experts. Do you have a talent for conveying complex ideas straightforwardly and succinctly? Are you an effective collaborator and a confident presenter? These characteristics will serve you well in your career as a data analyst.
If you answered yes to all or most of the questions above, it appears that you would be a good fit for a career as a data analyst and you should start choosing from our list of data analytics courses in Glasgow.
Top Data Analytics Courses in Glasgow
Top on the institute on the list of data analytics courses in Glasgow is the IIM SKILLS
1. IIM SKILLS
IIM SKILLS ranks no. in the list of ed-tech companies that offer best skill development and finance courses. So it is very obvious that they offer the best data analytics courses.
The Modules Covered in Data Analytics Course with IIM SKILLS:
|Module Name||Important Topic|
Module 1: Basic and Advance Excel
|Introduction to Data Handling|
|Data Manipulation Using Functions|
|Data Analysis and Reporting|
|Data Visualization in Excel|
|Overview of Dashboards|
Module 2: Visual Basic Application
|How VBA Works with Excel|
|Key Components of Programming Language|
|Programming Constructs in VBA|
|Functions & Procedures in VBA|
|Objects & Memory Management in VBA|
|Controlling Accessibility of Your Code|
|Communicating with Your Users|
Module 3: SQL
|Basics RDBMS Concepts|
|Utilizing the Object Explorer|
|Data Based Objects Creation (DDL Commands)|
|Data Manipulation (DML Commands)|
|Accessing Data from Multiple Tables Using SELECT|
|Optimizing Your Work|
Module 3.1: SQL Server Reporting Services
|Basics of SSRS|
|Creating Visualization Using SSRS|
Module 3.2: SQL Server Integration Services
|Understanding Basics of SSIS|
|Creating Packages to Integrate|
|Creating Project Using SSIS|
Module 4: Power BI
|Data Preparation and Modeling|
|Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)|
|Reports Development (Visuals in Power BI)|
Module 5: Data Analytics Using Python
|Introduction to Basic Statistics|
|Introduction to Mathematical Foundations|
|Introduction to Analytics & Data Science|
|Python Essentials (Core)|
|Operations with NumPy (Numerical Python)|
|Overview of Pandas|
|Cleansing Data with Python|
|Data Analysis Using Python|
|Data Visualization with Python|
|Statistical Methods & Hypothesis Testing|
Module 6: Tableau
|Data Handling & Summaries|
|Reports Development (Visuals in Tableau)|
Module 7: R For Data Science
|Using R with Databases|
|Data Visualization with R|
|Introduction to Statistics|
|Linear Regression: Solving Regression Problems|
Module 8: Alteryx
|Overview of the Alteryx Course and Fundamental Concepts|
|Using the Select Tool to Rename Fields, Change the Data Type|
|Understanding the User Environment and Alteryx Settings|
|Filtering Data/Data Processing|
|Blending/Joining Data from Different Sources|
160 hours of live training and 100 hours of practical training which means 6 months of training and 2 months of optional internship.
Fees: 472.45 GBP + taxes
Why Must You Choose IIM SKILLS:
- Ranks on top
- Reasonable fees
- Free demo session
- 10% discount on group registration
- Lifetime access to the learning materials
- Best mentors
- 24* 7 round the clock career guidance and support
- Assured internship
- Assured practical oriented training
- Money back policy after 1st session if you are not satisfied
- Live video recordings shared after every session
Any fresher UG, graduate, postgraduate or any candidate from any professionals from firms like IT, banking, sales, networking from any level of professional backgrounds like lower level, mid or higher level can enroll for the course.
- Financial Modeling Course
- Digital Marketing Course
- SEO Course
- Technical Writing Course
- GST Course
- Content Writing Course
- Business Accounting And Taxation Course
- CAT Coaching
- Investment Banking Course
Contact: +919580740740, [email protected]
The second on the institute on the list of data analytics courses in Glasgow is the University of Strathclyde Glasgow.
2. University of Strathclyde Glasgow
Strathclyde Business School (SBS) is one of only a few triple-accredited business schools in the world, and it is also one of Europe’s largest. SBS was also named Business School of the Year in the 2016 Times Higher Education (THE) Awards.
This course’s three departments collaborate to create a lively, well-rounded, and diversified program of specialised and cross-disciplinary postgraduate courses.
The MSc Data Analytics program is intended to produce well-rounded data analytics problem solvers.
The course focuses on the application of data analytics techniques in corporate contexts, making educated judgments regarding appropriate technology to extract insight from data, and comprehending the fundamental principles underlying such technology.
Using a blended learning method that includes theory, intensive practice, and industrial involvement, you will obtain a broad skill set that will enable you to operate in a range of sectors.
The degree is unusual in that it brings together critical abilities from three departments throughout the University to answer the demands of a rapidly rising business. It is delivered collaboratively by the Departments of Management Science, Mathematics and Statistics, and Computer and Information Sciences.
This one-of-a-kind collaboration avoids the restrictive interpretation of the subject offered by comparable degrees and provides considerable chances for organizations to hire data analytics experts with high levels of competence and knowledge.
Guest speakers visit their workshops every year, sharing their essential experiences. Representatives from other organizations are also invited as part of the Data Analytics in Practice program, who present case studies and difficult projects to the students.
The course includes two semesters and provides you with a hands-on setting that will teach you to apply methodological learnings from classes to tough industry tasks.
Semester 1 is intended to equip you with basic technical analytics knowledge from all three departments. Courses in computer and information sciences will include fundamental techniques such as machine learning and data mining, as well as data visualization and big data platforms.
Mathematics classes will guarantee that you develop strong computational abilities while also gaining a wide understanding of the statistical tools required for analytics. Management Science courses will provide vital practical skills as well as the fundamentals of business abilities such as issue structuring and decision analysis.
Semester 2 is aimed to broaden your fundamental abilities and give you with possibility to specialize in areas in which you are particularly interested. To ensure depth of knowledge, you must select electives from at least two departments.
- Big Data Fundamentals (10 credits)
- Big Data Tools & Techniques (10 credits)
- Data Analytics in R (20 credits)
- Business & Decision Modelling
- Optimization for Analytics
- Data Analytics in Practice
Department of Computer & Information Sciences
- Database Fundamentals
- Evolutionary Computation for Finance 1
- Evolutionary Computation for Finance 2
- Legal, Ethical & Professional Issues for the Information Society
- Fundamentals of Machine Learning for Data Analytics
- Machine Learning for Data Analytics
Department of Mathematics & Statistics
- Financial Econometrics (10 credits)
- Bayesian Spatial Statistics (20 credits)
- Mathematical Introduction to Networks
Department of Management Science
- Stochastic Modelling for Analytics
- Business Simulation Modelling
- Risk Analysis & Management
- Business Information Systems
- Data Analytics Courses In the UK
- Data Analytics Course Fee
- Data Analyst Skills
- Scope of Data Analytics In India
- Data Analyst Career
The third institute on the list of data analytics courses in Glasgow is the University of Glasgow.
3. University of Glasgow
The Data Analytics MSc course provides a solid foundation in cutting-edge techniques for learning from data, including computational and statistical modeling. Additionally, you’ll get real-world experience working on different data-driven analytical initiatives. It is not necessary to have prior knowledge of statistics or computer science.
- Probability (Level M)
- Regression Models (Level M)
- Statistical Inference (Level M)
- Database Theory and Application (M)
- Introduction to R And Python
This course teaches computational abilities that will assist other M-level courses as well as an introduction to the fundamental ideas and concepts of a statistical computing environment. It also trains students in programming tools utilizing the R and Python computing environments.
- Advanced Predictive Models
- Bayesian Statistics (Level M)
- Big Data Analytics (Level M)
- Data Analysis Skills (Level M)
- Data Mining and Machine Learning
Optional courses (choose 1)
- Information Visualisation (M)
- Environmental Statistics (Level M)
- Spatial Statistics (Level M)
- Statistical Genetics (Level M)
- Functional Data Analysis (Level M)
- Design Of Experiments (Level M)
- Statistics Project and Dissertation
- Statistics Project and Dissertation (With Placement)
The first-degree equivalent to a UK Upper Second-Class Honours degree, usually with a significant Math component (at least equivalent to Level-1 courses in Mathematics and Level-2 courses in Linear Algebra and Calculus).
Recent graduates with an undergraduate degree in Statistics from the University of Glasgow are not eligible for this program.
The fourth institute on the list of data analytics courses in Glasgow is Datamites.
DataMites is a prominent training provider in the booming analytics business, offering cost-effective, high-quality, and real-time training courses. Data Science, Machine Learning, Data Mining, Tableau Associate, Text Mining, Python Programming, Deep Learning, and Minitab courses are available at the institute.
DataMites’ major purpose is to prepare professionals to confront the challenges of the competitive analytics field. To equip applicants with additional knowledge, the training courses are carefully prepared and updated by specialists with substantial expertise and industrial background. Offering high-quality training at cheap pricing has contributed to the institute’s success as a training organization. One of their key responsibilities throughout training is to provide customized solutions based on the needs of the students.
The DataMites data analyst certification course provides real evidence that you are qualified to assist organizations, particularly well-known multinationals, in understanding data. According to industry standards, you will be qualified to carry out the responsibilities of a certain job role.
- Live online classes are available
- This no-code course covers Excel, MySQL, Tableau, and Power BI
- A four-month curriculum with over 200 learning hours
- 1 live project with internship experience certificate
- The institute provides internship opportunities and job assistance
- Option to attend live online class, blended course (self-Learning + live mentoring). Also available are customized courses
- Data analyst introduction
- Data science foundation
- Statistics for data science
- Databases and SQL
- Big data foundation
- Visual analytics with tableau
- Building and optimizing data models
- Predictive data analytics and regression
- Decision modeling
- Final project
- Data Analytics Courses in New York
- Data Analytics Courses in Qatar
- Data Analytics Courses in Leeds
- Data Analytics Courses in Limerick
The fifth institute on the list of data analytics courses in Glasgow is the University of Stirling.
5. University of Stirling
The University offers MSC in Big Data online course. This is a two-year online course designed to provide you with skills in big data technologies, advanced analytics, and industrial and scientific applications that will prepare you for a job in the booming disciplines of data science or analytics.
The MSc Big Data at the University of Stirling is taught as an advanced-level Master’s degree that covers coding skills, Big Data technologies, and data analytics science.
The Curriculum Comprises the Following:
- Big Data Mathematics and Statistics
- Python Programming
- Big Data uses in business and science
- Big databases and NoSQL, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, and Neo4J Analytics, machine learning, and data visualization with Python, Orange, and Scikit-learn
- Learn about Hadoop, Spark, Hive, and MapReduce cluster computing
- Student projects may include internships with businesses or technology suppliers
This is a completely online course that allows you to study in a way that fits your personal and professional demands. This course is taught using a combination of video lectures, live sessions, and online materials, which you can access whenever it is convenient for you.
After Completing This Program Successfully, You Should Be Able to Demonstrate:
- an understanding of database scalability, data analysis, and search challenges; and the capacity to select the best solution for a commercial task requiring big data, including databases, architectures, and cloud services
- solid understanding of big data analysis, particularly ways for visualizing and automatically learning from massive amounts of data
- the capacity to develop parallel algorithms for multi-processor execution and the programming skills to build simple solutions employing big data technologies such as MapReduce and scripting for NoSQL
The sixth institute on the list of data analytics courses in Glasgow is The Open University.
6. The Open University
The University offers a free course on learning to code for data analysis. Learn to code for data analysis and analyze and visualize open data with this online course.
This course will teach you, one line of code at a time, how to write your computer programs. You’ll learn how to get open data, clean it up, analyze it, and create visualizations. You will also learn how to write up and publicly discuss your analyses.
Python, a widely utilized programming language across various fields, will be used.
You will write up analyses and complete coding exercises using the famous Jupyter Notebooks platform, which allows you to see the results of executing your code immediately and makes it easier to spot – and repair – any problems.
Real data from the World Health Organization, the World Bank, and other organizations will also be examined.
- Comprehend fundamental programming and data analysis ideas
- Recognize open data sources as a public resource and construct programs using a programming environment
- Simple programs should be written to analyze vast amounts of data and produce relevant findings
So, this was the list of the top 5 institutes offering data analytics courses in Glasgow. Now let us see some of the most asked questions regarding the data analytics courses in Glasgow.
- Data Analytics Courses in Canada
- Data Analytics Courses In Dubai
- Data analytics Courses in Zambia
- Data Analytics Courses in Zurich
- Data Analytics Courses in Lisbon
- Data Analytics Courses in Nigeria
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Is Glasgow a good place to study?
There are numerous reasons to study in Glasgow – it’s a wonderful city with a lot to offer students. You’ll always find something to do in Edinburgh, Scotland’s largest and most diverse city, and the city’s welcoming inhabitants will make you feel at home as soon as you arrive. Here are a few compelling reasons to study in Glasgow.
- Scotland is known for its stunning scenery, and Glasgow is an excellent base for visiting the countryside.
- Glasgow residents are well-known for their friendliness. Rough Guide readers just voted Glasgow the nicest city in the world. This implies that you’ll be able to meet new people and learn about diverse cultures while studying.
- There are also four universities within 16 kilometers, so you’ll be surrounded by other students. Another wonderful incentive to study in Glasgow is the ease with which you may have a vibrant social life in this student-friendly city.
- Within 45 minutes of the city center, Glasgow has three international airports: Glasgow Airport, Glasgow Prestwick Airport, and Edinburgh Airport. This means you may easily travel throughout Europe and beyond.
Q2. Is data analytics a viable professional path?
Yes, data analytics is a rewarding profession. Simply put, there has never been a better time to work with data. Every day loads of data are created and the rate is rising. As organizations’ data collecting develops in extent and sophistication, they’ll inevitably want to make use of that data, and Data Analysts are at the forefront of this movement.
Aside from the high demand and commensurate income, Data Analysts can collaborate and contribute to decision-making at the highest level, which can result in an opportunity to advance into higher managerial positions. Many Data Analysts also like the option to work remotely or relocate easily, even globally. The type of job is entirely up to the individual, but the compensation, perks, and job stability are substantial.
Q3. What are the tasks and roles of a data analyst?
Before choosing a course from the list of top data analytics courses in Glasgow, you must know about the roles and responsibilities of a data analyst.
Data analysts examine raw data to get relevant insights. They then translate these insights into tangible recommendations, allowing the firm for which they work to make better business decisions. You can expect to conduct the following as a data analyst:
- Ongoing database development, implementation, and maintenance
- Work with key business stakeholders to identify business concerns that must be addressed
- Collect and arrange raw data from internal sources (such as CRM databases) as well as external open data sources as needed (for example, government portals and tools such as Google Trends)
- Prepare the raw data for analysis by cleaning and preparing it
- Analyze huge datasets using the best technique available
- Interpret your data, create visualizations (such as graphs and charts), share them with relevant stakeholders, and provide advice on future actions
As you can see, a career as a data analyst necessitates natural curiosity, strong communication skills, a love of statistics, and a knack for problem-solving. In exchange, you may anticipate a good wage, a thriving and diverse employment market, and the potential to make a difference. If you’re convinced that data analytics is the appropriate career for you after reading this article, then start by choosing a course from our list of data analytics courses in Glasgow.