GST Practitioner Certification Course
4 Weeks of Live Online GST Certification Course
16 Hours Lectures | Practical Assignments | Hands-On Learning
Freelance Opportunities | Dedicated Placement Cell
Free E-Books, Invoicing Tools & Softwares
Master GST Certification From IIM SKILLS
Who Participates in GPCC™
Freshers & Students
Accounting & Finance Professionals
Others (Retired, Housewives, Students)
Online Certified GST Practitioner Course Curriculum
The GST Online Certification Course at IIM SKILLS is exhaustive and all-encompassing. It is a distinctive curriculum that meets industry standards and provides 100% practical training which makes it India’s Best GST Certification Course. Commencing with the evolution of GST, the curriculum navigates through the basics and fundamentals and ultimately concludes with practical applications of GST.
The Genesis And Concept of GST And Its Impact On Businesses (Module 1)
- Introduction to Goods & Services Tax (GST)
- Types of GST
- How we determine GST liability
- Who is eligible for GST
- Threshold limit for GST registration
- Who should register for GST
- GST rate slabs
- Due dates for all GST returns
- What does not fall within the scope of GST
The Framework And Structure of GST (Module 2)
- Meaning of Goods & Services in GST
- Meaning of supply in GST
- The taxable event in GST
- Time of supply
- Place of supply
- Valuation of Supply
Registration Under GST: Criteria and Process Explained (Module 3)
- Online Registration
- Process of registration
- Issued registration certificate
- Amendments in Registration
- Surrender of registration.
Invoicing In GST: Invoicing Rules And Regulations (Module 4)
- Raised invoice and charged GST
- GST invoice
- Bill of supply
- Debit Note / Credit Note
- Payment Voucher
GST Returns Filing (Module 5)
- Type of return forms and the due date
- Process flow of return filing
- GSTR1 return Filing – sales outward supply return (plagiarism)
- GSTR2A Reconciliation – purchase inward supply return
- GSTR3B return filing
- GSTR9/9B return filing
Composition Scheme under GST (Module 6)
- Limitation and registration of composition scheme
- The tax rate under composition scheme
- Return form in composition scheme
Reverse Charge Mechanism (RCM) (Module 7)
- What is RCM
- Taxability under RCM
E-Way Bill Under GST (Module 8)
- The necessity of the E-way bill in GST
- Who is responsible for issuing an E-way bill
- Issue E-way bill
Input Tax Credit & Payment in GST (Module 9)
- Offset GST liability
- How we claim ITC
- Modes of Payment
- Electronic Liability Ledger
- Electronic Credit Ledger
- Electronic Cash Ledger
Learning Outcome Of The GST Certification Course At IIM SKILLS
IIM SKILLS brings you the best-in-class online GST Certification Course. Replete with extensive information, the focus of the GST course is on the practical aspects of GST taking you from basic to advance levels and in the process empowering you with indispensable skills like:
- Gaining an overall understanding of the Goods and Services Tax, its inception, compliance, implementation, and enforcement.
- You are well-equipped to understand all the finer points and nuances of GST and its overall framework.
- It is understanding the impact of GST on businesses/organizations, especially as it pertains to finances. This helps you reconceptualize and restructure pricing strategies as well, in accordance with GST.
- Acquiring practical knowledge of all processes under GST, be it the registration, TDS compliance, filing of returns, or refunds.
- Becoming job-ready with an in-depth understanding of all GST provisions.
With the IIM SKILLS GST Online Course, you start with the basics and leave as a GST expert.
Salient Features Of The Master GST Certification Course
The Certified GST Practitioner Course at IIM SKILLS is a job-oriented course that takes on a 360-degree approach to all aspects of GST. With professional-level training, the GST certification course at IIM SKILLS offers:
- Live interactive online sessions for in-depth and hands-on training on GST.
- Well-researched teaching methodologies and a curriculum that is in sync with the latest developments in the GST domain.
- Training delivered by leading industry experts, complete with case studies to provide you with an immersive learning experience.
- The course will give you conceptual clarity and provide insights into the theoretical and practical applications of GST.
- By the end of the course, you will know all that there is to know about the new GST returns, how to perform a GST health check of your business/organization, and understand the areas of impact to prepare for contingencies.
- On-the-spot doubt resolutions for lucid learning.
- Certification upon course completion to validate your skills.
Join the Online GST Certification Course at IIM SKILLS today for a lucrative career.
Master GST Certification Course Process
Consult With The Expert
On successful registration at our website, our Chief Admission Counselor will contact you.
You can discuss any queries or apprehensions.
Once your apprehensions are alleviated, take your next step and register for the course. Follow through with the enrolment process.
The examination will be conducted online after completion of your course, 70% attendance is mandatory to appear for an online exam. The format of an exam is MCQs and 80% scoring is required to be certified.
Upon Certified GST Practitioner Course completion, you will obtain the Master GST Certification from IIM SKILLS. Once you are a Certified GST Professional, you can apply for Full-Time Jobs & Freelancing Projects.
Explore Your Career Options With A Certification In GST
For all the commerce graduates and finance professionals, the introduction of GST has unlocked a mine of opportunities. All they need is knowledge and certification in GST as a launchpad to a fulfilling career.
Manufacturing industry or service industry, every industry/business maintains books of accounts and pays taxes. This creates the demand for accounts executives, accounts managers, and chartered accountants. The introduction of the Goods and Services Tax has created nearly 1.3 million jobs for tax experts, management consultants, accountants.
There is a massive demand, especially for e-accountants with GST knowledge. This is because e-accountants are already comfortable using the latest technology and accounting software. Combine with this the experience of GST, and it is a highly lucrative and rewarding career option. The demand for certified professionals is across small, medium, and large enterprises.
As someone who has a GST certification and accounts knowledge, you can work in GST compliances, Consulting, litigation, or even write GST content or teach about the Goods and Services Tax. Job opportunities are aplenty. The relevant job profiles may include an accounts executive, e-accountant, senior accountant, e-filing expert, accounts manager, tax advocate, tax consultant, or a tax professional.
Here is information that will give you a fair idea of the career opportunities in terms of salaries as per PayScale
|Job Profile||Average Salary|
|Tax consultant||INR 514,314|
|Tax accountant||INR 338, 398|
|Tax analyst||INR 349,285|
|Tax associate||INR 390,981|
|Tax manager||INR 1,337,537|
Secure your career with the future-proof skill of GST
Get Industries Most Trusted Certificates
Top Corporates Trust Our GST Course Students
Who can enroll in the online GST Course?
The best part about this online course with certification is that members across career stages can take it up. Individuals will benefit from it irrespective of their current level of expertise, but primarily it will benefit:
- Students and Fresh Graduates: Individuals with a degree (B.com/M.Com) in banking, finance, law, or accounting, seeking a career in taxation. Graduates from company secretaries and other streams can also take up the GST online course
- Professionals of the Accounting and Finance domains: Existing accounts professionals can update and upskill with the new tax reforms
Existing professionals aiming at a shift or switch of career from finance to the taxation domain.
Working professionals of the finance field such as CA/CS/CMA and even legal professionals dealing in taxation.
- Business People: Business heads, Businessmen, CEO, CFO, Tax directors, finance directors, SMEs, traders, and income tax practitioners.
- Start-Up: Individuals from the accounting field looking at starting their agency/consultancy to help clients file their GST.
With the IIM SKILLS Online GST Course, you can stay informed of all tax developments and be ahead of the curve.
Prerequisites To Signing Up For The Online GST Certification Course
Learning is an eternal process. You only cease to learn when you are in your grave. Like with all other skills, becoming a GST Professional/Practitioner comes with its set of skills. People with these skills are more likely to succeed, and those without these skills might just have to work on themselves a tad more.
- Have the complete gist of GST at their fingertips. Having a thorough understanding of the subject is, of course, mandatory.
- Communication skills. If you lack communication skills, you cannot make a layman or your client understand the complexities of the Goods and Services Tax.
- Organization and time management skills. Tax slabs, filing taxes, keeping track of deadlines, keeping your eyes open for new notifications, scheduling, and planning all require good organization and time management skills.
- Be good with numbers. No, you sure do not have to be a genius who can beat calculators, but being comfortable with numbers is a good trait.
- Problem-solving skills/Logical thinking. If you thought GST professionals are mundane and dull with no creativity up their sleeve, you are mistaken. It takes creativity to find solutions to all tax-related problems.
- Confidentiality. Client confidence and accountability go a long way in maintaining any professional relation, especially in the taxation field.
- Some more skills of advantage are advanced excel skills, and an experience Tally ERP is like the icing on the cake that helps with computation and filing and GST software.
IIM SKILLS, proactively shaping the future of finance and business professionals with the Online GST Certification Course
I have done certification in GST from IIM SKILLS. The course structure is well organized and focussed to provide a hands-on implementation in real-time with the faculty. Every assignment is evaluated on time with the feedback to improvise. Overall I had the best experience learning an online GST Certification course offered by IIM SKILLS.
I wanted to explore the Best Certification in GST that provides not just knowledge but a skill to learn about the practical side of it. I landed at IIM SKILLS and enrolled in Master GST Practitioner Certification Course for 1 month, from faculty to the support desk, everyone has delighted us. I was not expecting this kind of great customer service with an online course however the experience is truly amazing.
Being a start-up owner you always want to save your money with small tasks such as filling month/quarterly GST returns. I ended up enrolling in an online GST Certification Courses offered by IIM SKILLS to try my luck in the financial world as well. I am so excited to share that I took the right decision.
GST, The Goods And Services Tax That Is Good And Simple
The One Nation One Market, One Tax, is an excellent step towards transformation and transparency. It is a step in the direction of curtailing corruption and reinforcing an anti-corrupt system in India. With uniformity in taxes, the small and medium businesses who are the nation’s strength, will gain tremendously. A tax reform like none other, the Goods and Services Tax allows every state in India to be self-sufficient yet interdependent and strengthens the trust between the Center and the states.
Hailing national policies higher than politics, the Goods and Services Tax is a disruptive move to end tax terrorism. Anything disruptive creates chaos initially until the process is streamlined. In that sense, disruptive is almost always a positive change. It is a move to adapt, a move to betterment of a process. Likewise, the Goods and Services Tax implementation has brought with it immense opportunities.
While the naysayers keep projecting it as a mirage, it is the magic tool obliterating the cascading effects of taxation, bringing uniformity in tax rates and procedures across states. With its inception on July 01, 2017, the Goods and Services Tax is the result of a nation trapped in the net of the archaic taxation system looking for the need to simplify things with a flatter tax structure.
At the central level, the GST replaces Central Excise Duty, Service Tax, Additional Excise Duty, Additional Customs Duty, or Countervailing Duty. At the state level, it replaces the Entertainment Tax, Central Sales Tax, Octroi and Entry Tax, Purchase Tax, Luxury Tax, VAT, and also taxes on lottery, betting, and gambling. (can have diagrammatic representation).
The Indian Finance Ministry has even proclaimed a doubling of the taxpayer base and reduced tax rates since implementation. Providing stability in inflation rates, this consumer and taxpayer-friendly tax promotes Foreign Direct Investment.
GST is Not New
The Goods and Services Tax is not as new as it appears to be. In fact, if we take the global scenario, it dates back to 1954 in France (the first country to implement it). Thereafter, many European countries introduced it in 1970-80s. Japan (1989), Malaysia (2015), Australia (2000), Singapore (1994), and Canada (1991) already have the GST in place.
Canada has a dual model like in India, the State GST, and Central GST. It is a comprehensive tax subsuming many indirect taxes, multistage tax as it is applicable in all production steps, and a destination-based tax as it is levied at the point of consumption and not origin.
Why Do We Need GST?
The Goods and Services Tax is a bold reform resulting in a complete overhaul of the taxation system in India. With the implementation of GST, virtually all goods and services are taxable with some exemptions. The impacts are direct on the tax structure, tax incidence, payment, compliance, tax computation, etc.
- For Citizens: It is a more straightforward tax system. The integration of multiple taxes brings about a reduction in the prices of goods and services. There is transparency in the taxation system with uniformity of prices across the nation. It has also created many job opportunities.
- For Business/Industries: It has brought about mitigation and reduction in multiplicity of taxes, neutralization of taxes for exports, a simpler tax regime with fewer rate slabs and exemptions.
- For Government, both State and Central: It has brought into fruition a unified common national market, an impetus to the manufacturing activity, boost to foreign investment, and improved economy. There is less tax evasion now and also a reduction in compliance costs.
All You Need To Know About Becoming A GST Practitioner
As of November 2020, there are 1.28 Cr registered taxpayers under the GST regime. With so many businesses registered, it is a no-brainer that the GST practitioner careers are on the rise. Not all business people have the time or skills to learn the process and procedure and go about it. Inevitably the demand for practitioners who can handle all the goods and services taxes is high.
A GST Practitioner has the approval from the state and central government to perform the tax-related activities on behalf of other people and is also registered on the GSTN portal. Any individual conforming to certain basic conditions such as being an Indian citizen, of sound mind, not insolvent, nor convicted, can become a practitioner.
As a practitioner, you can examine the list of taxpayers, provide details of inward and outward supplies, and provide the monthly, quarterly, and annual returns on behalf of your clients. As a practitioner, you are empowered to apply for a refund, make changes in the profiles of clients, generate e-way bills, etc.
The prerequisites to enrolling for a practitioner on the GST portal are having a valid PAN card, mobile number, and valid email id. A professional address and other prescribed documents and of utmost importance, satisfying the eligibility criteria are also mandatory.
Once you satisfy the eligibility criteria, have all the documentation required, you must ensure you have complete knowledge of GST. The best way to do that is to take up a course be thorough with the curriculum. You may also choose to learn from online materials or books but taking up a good course is most recommended and beneficial.
The Process To Become A GSTP
The GSTP exam is conducted across India at designated centers biannually. While the exam date is not flexible, it is notified by NACIN, and available on the portal, individuals can undoubtedly choose the center.
The examination itself is computer-based, and the declaration of the result is within a month. A score of at least 50% will ensure you pass the GSTP exam. After enrolment, you have two years to complete the exam. You can appear and attempt the exam multiple times within two years.
Of note, the GSTP license is valid till canceled, but like all job profiles, you need to keep yourself updated, and the GSTP license also requires you to pass the exam by GST authorities.
Right now is an excellent time to make a career as a Goods and Services Tax Practitioner.
Liked Our Curriculum?
Commonly Asked FAQ's For Online GST Certification Course
Did not find a resolution to all your queries? Feel free to browse through our frequently asked questions to discover more on our Master GST Certification Course.
How long does course completion take?
The GST certification course is a one-month course spread over four Sundays from 10 am to 2 pm.
How will a GST certification help me in my career?
A certification in GST is a tool to validate your skills in the GST domain. Existing working professionals can scale up the ladder and seek a salary raise. Freshers, on the other hand, have widened career horizons armed with a GST certification. For all banking, finance, and taxation professionals, it is a way to upskill and up-to-date with the various amendments and implications of GST. Graduating from this course as a GST expert, you can also start a consultancy and take on the GST filing for businesses.
How Is GST Impacting Businesses?
All businesses face complex decision-making situations almost routinely, and when the decisions pertain to accounts and taxation, it pays to have a certified professional provide sound advice. After all, no business is a one-man show and involves a whole team to take it to a successful and sustainable future.
With a chaotic start, endless doubts, clarifications, rate revisions, and other teething issues, it is somewhat streamlined now though it continues to change with changing scenarios. Businesses and organizations now have an optimistic outlook on realizing the various positive effects.
Sailing its way through controversies, eliminating imperfections, and improving tax compliance, GST is the force catapulting the nation’s economy. GST includes CGST, SGST, and IGST. For all the chest-thumping that it has received, this bold tax reform benefits businesses through:
- Ease of starting businesses.
- Input tax credit.
- Free movement of goods, improved logistics.
- Implementation of the E-way bill, ease of filing process.
- Low tax burden.
- Eliminating the ambiguity between goods and services.
- Propels economic growth.
The cons are still there in terms of technological difficulties, difficulties in understanding and adapting, and working capital blockage.
The Goods and Services Tax is a game-changer and ensures better business opportunities, employment opportunities, and ultimately more revenue from taxes making tax evasion difficult.
GST is a bold tax with significant impacts. Learn more, join now.
How to become a GST practitioner?
Once you learn all the concepts of GST, you can appear and clear the GST Practitioner exam. GST practitioner is the hot new career opportunity that many individuals are pursuing.
Can I attend a demo session?
Yes, you can request a demo session before enrolling.
What if I wish to discontinue the course? Will I get a refund?
We offer a 100% refund to all our participants however to read the refund conditions, please read our refund policy carefully.
How are the classes held?
The online GST Course has all of its sessions online via Zoom.
What if I miss a class?
All students have access to the recording of every session via their LMS. In the unfortunate event that you miss a session, you can access the same through the LMS and raise any queries in your subsequent session.
Are there any challenges with online sessions that I should be aware of?
Self-discipline is the key to getting success out of online sessions. You are requested to be motivated not to miss any classes as it causes a gap in understanding. Also, an internet-connected device with an uninterrupted connection is a prerequisite to attending online sessions.
I did not understand a particular topic. Can I get a repeat session on that topic in the next batch?
Once you become a student at IIM SKILLS, you have lifetime access to the learning materials. If you did not understand a topic, you could always access the next batch recording at a time convenient to you. You can also access the latest session recordings to update yourself with the latest changes. Besides, you can contact the instructor and voice out your doubts in subsequent sessions while your batch is still on.
Will I get placement assistance after GST Course Completion?
We are partnered with 300+ corporates, we provide interview assistance to every participant however, we do not promote job guarantee with our GST Certification Course.
What if I wish to know more? Whom can I contact?
You can contact the course counselor for further assistance and guidance on your queries & during the course you can directly contact your faculty.
Who are my GST Course trainers?
The GST Certification Course trainer is an industry expert with 15 years of experience and they are qualified CA’s. To read about the trainer profile feel free to ask your counselor for their LinkedIn profile.
Can I attend Online GST Course From Anywhere in India?
Absolutely Yes, given it is a live online course you can learn our GST Certification Course from anywhere like Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, or Pune.
Can I choose from a weekday and weekend batch?
Yes, you can depend upon the availability of the seats. Moreover, you can not directly join this course, only applications who are invited for the upcoming classes can join our GST Certification training.
Where Can I Submit the Fee For Online GST Certification Course?
Our Online GST Certification Course fee can be paid online on our portal or else you can visit our branch offices in Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, or Pune. You can consult your relationship manager before visiting.
How to become a GST professional?
The Online GST Certification Course will teach you all the concepts of GST in-depth. Regular practice thereon will make you a GST professional.
What salary can we expect with a GST certification?
As per Payscale, the average tax consultant salary in India is INR 514,314. While an entry-level tax consultant can earn an average salary of INR 462,375, someone with five to nine years of experience can earn an average salary of INR 599,874. Currently, there is a massive demand and not enough certified GST professionals. Hence it is an in-demand career.
How many students does a batch typically have?
We are particular about quality over quantity and hence take a small number of students per batch, ensuring personal attention and quality course delivery.
Are the sessions recorded and self-paced?
The Online GST Certification Course at IIM SKILLS is instructor-led and not recorded. Hence, it is not self-paced, but the instructors will ensure you don’t fall behind and are on schedule with the pre-chalked program.
Can I interact with the trainer?
The virtual sessions are live and not recorded. So, you can interact with the trainer and clarify your doubts. Also, our trainers are very accessible and responsive. Communication between sessions is primarily through emails.
How is online training more beneficial than classroom training?
Online is the norm today. With a host of benefits like obliterating travel time, budget-friendly, accessing classes at any time from anywhere and also across devices, it is the most expedient and effective form of training.
Are there any specific login times for access to course material?
Once you enroll in the course, you can have a lifetime of 24/7 access to the recording of the sessions and study materials on the learning management portal.
Is there any test at the end of the GST online course?
There is no test or exam, but we encourage you to follow through with the sessions and tasks assigned for a complete understanding of the subject.
Will I get a certificate after GST Course Completion?
Yes, you will get the Master GST certification from IIM SKILLS upon course completion.
How long can I access the GST Course Material?
All of our students have lifetime access to the course content. It is one of the factors that make our course unique. Besides, lifetime access ensures you are entitled to the latest session recordings, which in turn allows you to be up-to-date with the latest amendments and the implications thereof. All study material is present on the LMS. We do not believe in providing books as GST is a dynamic subject and keeps undergoing changes, making bookish knowledge redundant.
Are there any internships for this course?
Yes, we offer internships with IIM SKILLS & the partner firms. These internships are usually for 3 months and non-paid, students need to qualify for an interview before proceeding.
What Makes The GST Certification Important?
With the demand for GST-certified professionals increasing by the day, getting certified from a reputed institute is a value addition. Certifications are proof of your capabilities and skills and hence always hold an important place in a resume.
The GST certification, in particular, helps the finance and accounts-related professionals to enhance their fund of knowledge regarding this tax reform with the latest and updated knowledge. Alongside, taking up a course and getting certified also improves one’s analytical skills, logical thinking skills, and decision-making skills in a structured and systematic way.
Acquiring a Master certification from IIM SKILLS implies:
- You are a certified professional in handling all aspects of GST.
- You are eligible for a salary hike by 15-25% on average.
- Up-skilling gives you a competitive edge
- Value addition to your resume
- You can launch a GST consultancy.
Boost your confidence with the Master GST Certification
from IIM SKILLS.
Can You Share Some Free Resources To Learn About GST Course?
Yes, we have created free details about basic understanding for GST, you can learn from the below-mentioned one.
- Additional Cess: An extra charge collected on certain goods over and above the normal cess and GST.
- Aggregate Turnover: Total value of all taxable and exempt supplies, exports of goods and/or services of a person with the same PAN, excluding taxes.
- ARN Number: Application Reference Number, a unique number you get after either GST enrolment or transaction on the portal.
- ASP: Application Service Providers, much like the GSP or GST Suvidha Providers, to address compliance difficulties.
- B to B: Business to Business, a sale or purchase between two or more registered individuals.
- B to C: Business to Consumer, a sale or purchase between a registered individual and one or more unregistered individuals.
- Capital Goods: Goods purchased for the purpose of doing a business to generate income, also the items for which the taxpayer claims input tax credit.
- CGST: Central Goods and Services Tax, the tax component levied by the center on intrastate transactions.
- CPI: Consumer Price Index, measure to examine the weighted average prices of a basket of goods and services.
- Demerit Goods: Goods or services deemed unhealthy for consumption or socially undesirable, owing to adverse effects on consumers, such as tobacco.
- DSC: Digital Signature Certificate, secure digital key certifying the identity of the holder.
- E-commerce operator: Businesses offering an online marketplace, the likes of Amazon and Flipkart.
- E-sign: Electronic signature, a service allowing a registered taxpayer or Aadhar holder to sign a document digitally.
- E-way bill: Electronic Way Bill, electronically generated facilitating the movement of goods (interstate or intrastate) whose value is above INR 50,000
- GSTN: Goods and Services Tax Network provides IT infrastructure and services to the taxpayers and other stakeholders. This is a non-profit and non-government private limited company.
- GSTIN: The unique 15-digit number based on PAN given to the registered taxpayer is the Goods and Services Taxpayer Identification Number
- HSN Code: The internationally accepted method to name, classify, and identify products is the Harmonized System of Nomenclature, and the numeral is the HSN code.
- IGST: Integrated Goods and Services Tax, applicable to interstate transactions. It is uniform across states and applicable to all forms of supply.
- ISD: Input Service Distributor, the supplier’s office that receives invoices for services used by its branches and distributes the tax paid.
- ITC: Input tax credit, getting back the tax you pay when you purchase a product/service from the output tax associated with its sale.
- POS: Place of supply is the location of goods or services, where the movement of the goods ends for delivery.
- Reverse Charge: Where the recipient is liable to pay tax and not the supplier.
- SGST: State Goods and Services Tax, the state component of the tax on intrastate transactions.
- SAC: Services accounting code, nomenclature to identify and classify services.
- TDS: Tax deducted at source, wherein the tax is collected or deducted at the very source of income generation.
- UIN: Unique identity number, the identity of specialized agencies who cannot be taxed on Indian soil.
Excited To Learn?
Our Media Mentions