Top 4 Creative Writing Courses in Gurgaon for Professionals
Are you someone who gets fascinated by writing but finds yourself stuck every time you try to convert your thoughts into words? The answer to your problem is you need to learn creative writing. It will enhance your ability to write quality poems/scripts/ Novels etc. And if you wonder where you can learn those skills, you are at the right place. This article talks about details of creative writing. We will learn what is creative writing, its significance, career prospects, and the best creative writing courses in Gurgaon.
Creative writing is a non-technical form of writing where the writer uses his imagination and skills in an artistic form. It includes writing such as poetry, Scripts, Screenplay, Fiction, Novels, etc. This type of writing does not have pre-existing structure and genre rather it’s a contemporary style of writing where writers are free to use their flair for writing without any standard conventions.
How to Start Creative Writing:
- Built the Habit of Reading- To develop your imagination & vocabulary, you need to start building the habit of reading.
- Start a Journal/Blog- Regular writing does help for a long time. It will give you confidence in expressing your thoughts.
- Usage Of Literary Devices– Writing vividly and conjuring up inventive scenes, two key components of effective writing, are made possible by literary devices.
- Know Your Target Audience– Knowing your audience can help you focus on your message’s tone and breadth in a way that will appeal to them.
- Editing– A writer rarely completes a piece perfectly on the first try. You should be flexible with your material, but don’t be afraid to cut out the filler, discard the ineffective elements, or in some circumstances, start from scratch.
- Join a Creative Writing Course– Creative writing courses introduce you to the techniques of good writing skills and experienced writers who can support your creative writing process by providing constructive critique and input on a range of writing elements, such as the plot, primary characters, setting, and word choice.
Skillset Required for a Successful Creative Writer:
- Good writing skills
- Strong Vocabulary
- Research skills
- Linguistic knowledge of reading, speaking and listening
- Imaginative mind
- Knowledge of the technical tools
- Art of marketing their work
Who Can Pursue Creative Writing?
Anyone with a zeal for writing can pursue creative writing. Students, teachers, trainers, housewives, business professionals, Bloggers, content writers, etc. To build a career in creative writing, you do not need any specific certification or degree but having one will give you an extra edge while competing for jobs.
You can pursue this career in any language of your choice and if you have a good command of English, more doors will be open for you. You can start writing in various genres such as fiction/Non-fiction, memoirs, romance, travel, etc.
A Few of the Popular Jobs are:
- Copywriter– Any person who develops written content for a company or organization to sell or promote a good, service, or brand is called a copywriter. Their job is to create blog posts, ad copy, product descriptions, newsletters, banners, content for social media, etc. This field is lucrative and is hired mainly by marketing and advertising agencies.
- Web Content Manager– All the content on the company’s website is managed by web content managers. This manager should have the acumen to use web management systems and should be cooperative to work with the designing and marketing team to ensure timely content.
- Script Writer– Scriptwriters write for movies, TV shows, plays, etc. This writer’s role is to write dialogues, movements, actions, and expressions of the characters. Scriptwriting needs a lot of research to figure out a good storyline and plot which can be visually appealing to the audience.
- Novelist/ Author– The author is someone who writes books in the fiction or non-fiction segment. The key to this job is finding a good publishing house to publish your book. Marketing of the books requires equal attention to writing.
Journalists, Song/lyrics writers, travel bloggers, editors, and Social Media specialists are some jobs that you can pursue.
Also Read: Creative Writing Courses for Beginners
How Taking Creative Writing Courses in Gurgaon Will Help You:
A creative writing course will help your general writing into professional. Additional knowledge and experience will brush your skillset, making you stand firm in the competition. Good institutes will also give you assignments and projects and will guide you on how you can improve your writing.
Some Skillset Which You Can Improve by Taking a Creative Writing Course:
- Communication Skills– Regular practice through projects and assignments will increase your vocabulary knowledge. And as you spend time reading, listening, comprehending, and interpreting the content of numerous genres and languages, you learn to write. As part of the training, you get introduced to a peer grading tool where you can request and provide helpful criticism on the assignments of your peers and yourself.
- Thinking Skills-Your capacity to think broadly is enhanced when you focus on developing your capacity to select precise, appropriate words, persuade storytelling, and use rhetoric. Good thinking results from good writing.
- Empathy– Empathy is a critical skill for both reading and writing, especially when it comes to participating in workshops successfully. When we read and write stories, we put ourselves in other person’s situations; when we read and write poetry, we allow language to guide us through emotion.
- Observational Skills– A creative writing course will help you improve your observational abilities, overcome writer’s block, and find captivating topics to write about. Through observation, experience, and investigation, you develop better ideas and learn from the instructor’s personal experiences, life stories, and real-world examples.
You may also be wondering about a few other career enhancement courses in Gurgaon
- Content Writing Courses in Gurgaon
- Digital Marketing Courses in Gurgaon
- GST Certification Courses in Gurgaon
- Technical Writing Courses in Gurgaon
- SEO Courses in Gurgaon
- Financial Modeling Courses in Gurgaon
Companies Who Hire Creative Writers:
If you are a pro writer, you will get ample opportunities in the market. Some of the leading organization’s names are mentioned for your reference-
- Times Of India
Top 4 Trending Creative Writing Courses in Gurgaon
After thorough research, we have listed Gurgaon’s top 5 trending creative writing courses. This list is made keeping in mind the course duration, course curriculum, placement opportunities, and fees of the course. Please don’t get confused as most of the mentioned course name is content writing. Content writing is a broader term and the curriculum contains all the modules of creative writing.
1. IIM Skills–
IIM Skills was founded by Mr. Vaibhav Kakkar. This institute ranks no. 1 in our list of trusted Creative Writing Courses in Gurgaon. Not only in Gurgaon, but the CWMC is also ranked no. 1 in India by many media houses, and top content writing agencies. Their motto is to provide world-class education from the comfort of your home.
They have trained more than 15,000 students around the globe. Currently, they offer courses in content writing, digital marketing, technical writing, GST practitioner, BAT, Financial modeling, and SEO courses. One of them is their content writing course which is the first choice of learners who wants to make a rewarding career in the writing domain.
The content writing course by IIM Skills has transformed the lives of thousands of writers who are now being recognized as successful writers living their dream careers. The course is a complete package that covers a wide area to make the students skilled at extreme levels. If you are searching for a course that truly focuses on skill development, IIM Skills is the place where you fulfill all your needs.
They have designed the course in a manner that even a very beginner will end up gaining so much confidence and accomplish the career of his choice. Following the course, the 3 months guaranteed internship is a treat for the students where they get a chance to publish their work on renowned platforms.
Through this, along with skill development and gaining experience, they will be ready with the updated portfolio to showcase their skills for career upliftment. The facilities they provide truly help the students to transform their careers and lives. You can lift your career with guidance from IIM Skills expert faculty.
About the Content Writing Course
The content writing master course is an online short-duration course for 1-month, after which you will be allowed to join their internship, which is optional. You will be assigned projects and assignments after every session. By the end of this course, you will also be prepared for HubSpot content writing certification (USA).
Why You Should Join IIM Skills:
- You will get to learn 30 types of writing skills.
- Hands-on assignments/ projects will make you learn as the course progress.
- 3-months of internship in which you will get your work published on leading education websites like Advisor uncle, Vaibhavk.com, and newspapers like Times of India.
- Published work will help you build a strong portfolio which is very important to secure a good job in this industry.
- You will learn to create SEO-friendly content.
- You will be given access to class recordings for a lifetime. And, if you wish, you can also attend sessions with the next batch if you missed any sessions.
- It is a pocket-friendly course in return for well-organized training and curriculum.
- The course will be taught by industry experts who have more than 10 years of experience.
- 100% money back guarantee if you do not like the course after 1st session.
Download IIM SKILLS Content Writing Course BrochureFind Why 20,000+ People Love IIM SKILLS
- Basics of content writing
- Digital content writing for articles, blogs, product pages, etc.
- Email writing
- Video Scriptwriting
- Creative writing
- Keyword research
- Social media writing
- Newsletter writing
- Product description writing
- Flyer writing
- brochure writing
- Resume writing
- Article writing
- White paper writing
- Legal writing
Content writing master course is priced at 14,900 + 18% GST
“Education and career times” was founded in 2010 by Mr. Saket Kumar to guide students choose the right career path. It is also one of the few government-recognized institutes for taking Creative Writing Courses in Gurgaon. They have already trained more than 55 batches in content writing, personality development, communication skills, and digital marketing. Additionally, they do have a YouTube channel where they provide free education. You can also refer to that before joining this course or you can ask for a demo class.
About the Course
ECT provides a 3-months content writing course which includes 7 assignments, 5 live projects, 32 hours of live training with 50 hours of e-learning, and 100% placement assistance. You can join this course from any educational background or at any age.
Why Choose ECT
- You will receive a globally recognized certificate post completion of the course.
- You can pay course fees in two installments.
- 100% placement assistance.
- The Founder/Top trainer of the institute was himself a freelancer and has experience working in top MNC’s will guide you to set up your freelancing business.
- Interactive and fun-based sessions.
- Content Marketing
- Building vocabulary
- Learning tools & techniques for writing
- Non-fiction writing skills
- Storytelling: learning fiction writing
- Business writing
- Technical writing
- Academic writing
- Resume/ SOP writing
- Content marketing
- How to sell your writing
- Publishing your book
The content writing course fee is 15,000(including GST)
Also, check out the best creative writing courses in the other developing cities
- Creative Writing Courses in Delhi
- Creative Writing Courses in Bangalore
- Creative Writing Courses in Kolkata
- Creative Writing Courses in Pune
- Creative Writing Courses in Ahmedabad
3. Digital Academy 360–
Headquartered in Bengaluru, this institute was founded by Mr. Yogesh Shashi in 2015. Digital Academy 360, also provides digital marketing courses with a 100 percent placement aid and Creative Writing Courses in Gurgaon. They have an excellent 10+ years of professional experience in the sector and have trained more than 30,000 people so far. They prepare students according to market demand.
About the Course
Digital academy offers a diploma in content writing. It is an online course which is for 3 months. You will learn 19 advanced content writing modules in 160 hours of learning. You will be assigned 20 live projects, and 10 case studies to assess your learning from the course. Learners will get certificates after completion of the course.
Why You Should Join Digital Academy 360
- You will have a good chance of getting placement here as they have more than 1000 hiring partners.
- Their alumni work at prestigious organizations like Google, Yahoo, Accenture, amazon, Cognizant, Tata, etc.
- Part-time job opportunity from the beginning of the course.
- Webinars conducted by industry experts to give you practical knowledge.
- A Clear understanding of concepts through Individual and group projects.
- Pre-recorded videos, PDFs, and case studies are available on LMS, which you can access anytime.
- Individual attention and doubt clearing session.
- Basics of content writing- Writing, publishing, and sharing content
- Complete guide of writing cycle – Research, drafting, edit, publishing, SEO-based writing
4. British Council of India–
UK’s international organization, The British Council of India, is a 70 years old institute, working to deliver the best teaching and evaluation. You can consider this institute to take Creative Writing Courses in Gurgaon.
About the Course
British Council of India offers a “creative writing course- Module 1”. The Minimum eligibility to join this course is students should be above 18 years of age and from an upper intermediate level. The Course duration of this course is 9 weeks for 36 hours.
Why Choose the British Council of India
- You will get a 10% discount on total fees if you are a library member of the British Council.
- You will find out your unique writing style with the help of our experienced teachers.
- Interactive sessions.
- This is a very reputed organization with an experience of 70 years.
The total course fee is 10,000 Rs.
Q1. Is Creative writing profitable?
Creative writers are hired by both print and e- media and with the growing presence of e-media, creative writing will continue in demand.
Q2. Can I become a writer without a degree?
Absolutely, yes. You can become a writer without any specific degree. You should have command over language and the ability to express your ideas. You also need to create samples or a blog to get a job in this field.
Q3. Are creative writing courses in Gurgaon worth it?
Yes, writing courses do help if you choose the right institute. Institutes like IIM skills and digital academy 360 are good for taking a creative writing course.
Q4. Is creative writing difficult?
Yes, creative writing is not an easy task. Many times, writers face creativity blockage of ideas and thoughts.
Q5. Which are the best creative writing courses in Gurgaon?
“IIM Skills” is the best for taking Creative Writing Courses in Gurgaon.
A creative writing course would help you in becoming more observant, getting over writer’s block, finding interesting subjects to write about, and achieving your aspirations. The best thing about learning writing skills is that it can be done at any age. And to assist you to launch your writing career, we have compiled a list of some of the top and most prestigious institutions that offer Creative Writing Courses in Gurgaon. In this article, we have tried to solve all the possible queries you might be facing regarding creative writing. So, now it’s your turn to choose wisely which creative writing courses in Gurgaon are suitable for you.