Scope of the Digital Marketing Industry in India
Do you want to promote your business? Do you want a high ROI? Do you want more people to purchase your brand? Then Digital Marketing is the answer! India is the 2nd largest internet using country in the world. Digital Marketing Industry in India now generates more revenue as it attracts many eyeballs. Now track your performance and measure your success through digital platforms and do what is best for your company. Indian Internet industry will become three times its current value by 2025. So now, it is your chance to build a digital career and generate more revenue.
What is Digital Marketing?
Any form of marketing that uses digital channels such as SEO, websites, social media, mobile applications, emails, SMS, etc to market. Using electronic devices for selling products and services to reach consumers is known as digital marketing. It helps companies to reach out to a larger audience and understand their behavior.
It refers to the marketing campaigns like ads, social media posts and ads, online videos, and search engine marketing that appear on mobiles, tablets, computers, etc. Marketing on digital platforms generates more revenue than any traditional media company as it attracts more eyeballs.
What is the Growth of the Digital Marketing Industry in India?
India has 700+ million internet users and the number is expected to increase to over 950 million internet users by 2025. According to Statista, there will be a rise in the digital marketing industry to ₹539 billion by the year 2024. Almost all the Indian business sectors have shown active participation in e-marketing like shopping, online banking, online payment systems, content management, and social media marketing.
Consumers around the globe have access to all sorts of e-marketing anywhere and anytime. Therefore, making the whole world the potential buyers and suppliers by removing the geographical boundaries.
- To begin with, it was Flipkart 2007 that changed the marketing structure in India. It increased the number of online shoppers and gave a huge opportunity to marketers to sell products online.
- It was followed by a shift from traditional marketing to online marketing as so many brands wanted to popularize their names.
- Gradually, the digital marketing sector flourished by bringing a huge percentage of businesses online through social media marketing, email marketing, SEO, etc.
- On average, an Indian spends around 4 hours a day on social media and browsers. The online content engagement has influenced a lot of lives which empowers digital marketers to sharpen their strategies and attract more audiences through new ideas with images, texts, and videos.
- This market will expand in the near future which allows huge opportunities for the Indian marketers to grow more and earn more.
Also Read: Essential Digital Marketing Skills
Register for a Free demo Session to know about the excellent career prospects with Digital Marketing
How Beneficial is the Digital Marketing Industry in India?
- By 2023, active internet users will grow to over 666 million in India which makes complete sense for marketers to start marketing online.
- One of the great advantages is to reach out to a global audience. It is now possible to easily offer your services and sell products miles away with just one click.
- Small companies have limited resources and cannot afford big marketing campaigns and budgets. But with the help of effective advertising tools available online, these small companies can make their way and earn a name in the digital world.
- Digital marketing methods for promotion and advertising are helpful in saving a great amount of money.
- No need to deal with the hassle of door-to-door services to market your product. You can now sell your products online and promote them through various marketing strategies. It is versatile and flexible which is why both big and small companies have started to leverage digital platforms to large consumers like social media, emails, etc.
- Your strategy is failed if you cannot track your performance and measure your success. There are various digital platforms available that allow you to choose what strategy suits you the best like Google Search Console, Google Analytics, etc.
What are the Different Types of Digital Marketing in India?
Search Engine Optimization
- SEO or Search Engine Optimization is a marketing tool that involves all the processes to improve a website’s visibility or rank higher in search engines.
- It is responsible for getting organic or unpaid online traffic.
- Keywords are the most important factor considered for optimizing a web page. SEO identifies and analyses proper keywords and ingrates them in your website content skilfully so that your webpage appears on the Search Engine Results Page (SERP).
- There is no constant rule to rank higher in SEO as Google keeps changing its algorithm constantly. You cannot predict exact things but you can definitely monitor your page’s performance closely and do adjustments accordingly.
Download the Detailed course Brochure of India’s top-ranked Digital Marketing Master Course
- Social media platforms are used by companies and individuals to promote their products, services, and brands by driving traffic, building trust, and brand awareness.
- Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. are the commonly popular and used social media platforms.
- These platforms have huge advertising potential and attract a large audience if coupled with good content creation.
- Various platforms are also offering Analytics tools to track performance and understand the audience better like Instagram Insights and Facebook Insights.
- It is a great way to engage with potential consumers and get leads through promoted posts, tweets, etc.
- Email marketing is the most effective digital marketing strategy yet very affordable. Even a company with the least online presence uses email as its marketing strategy.
- It is a proven effective technique and is called an effective lead generator by professionals.
- The purpose is to reach out to more audiences through creative email campaigns and make them click the link and go to your desired content. It helps to convert potential leads into sales.
- You can add marketing automation which allows you to schedule and segment emails that can help you to meet your consumer’s needs effectively.
- Content marketing focuses on attracting leads and converting them into buyers through videos, messages, pictures, etc.
- It helps engage with your audience and keep the stable by promoting and creating different types of content.
- Engagement with the audience will help in inviting new customers while retaining the present ones.
- Relevant content will not only engage people but also motivate them to read, share and further interact with the brand
- 84% of consumers want companies to produce content that is entertaining and helpful. 62% of the companies having 5000+ employees generate content daily.
- Blogs, infographics, reviews, podcasts, case studies, online courses, e-books, slides, webinars, etc are content marketing tools.
Students and professionals who take up digital marketing courses have an added 30% chance of getting a coveted job. Look at the diverse range of companies that IIM SKILLS’ Students Work at.
Pay Per Click (PPC)
- PPC deals with paid online advertising. Advertisers pay the advertising agencies every time a user clicks on their ads. PPC is commonly known as Cost Per Click (CPC).
- PPC campaigns help marketers to reach internet users on Google, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Bing, Facebook, etc.
- These paid ads will be shown to people who search for a similar service or product.
- Advertisers bid among other advertisers to get Ad space. Certain factors decide which ads will be shown more like daily budget, Click Through Rate (CTR), bid, competition for certain keywords, quality of ads, etc.
- It is one of the oldest forms of marketing and the digital world has brought a new life to it.
- When companies pay a certain amount or a commission to any outside party and ask in return to generate sales for them is called Affiliating Marketing.
- It is the work of affiliate marketers to promote the services or products of a company by doing reviews and writing blogs to increase the conversion rate.
- You get a commission as an affiliate every time someone purchases the product or service that you are promoting. As a merchant, you need to pay the affiliates every time they help you sell a product or service.
- YouTube is counted as one of the most popular search engines. People want to learn more about a product or service they might be willing to buy.
- Video marketing campaign is run on various platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Video marketing can successful when it is coupled with content marketing, SEO, and social media marketing.
- An influencer is someone who has a huge social media following on social media platforms like Instagram, YouTube, etc., and has established trust and loyalty within the audience.
- Some influencers use their social media presence to promote a company’s product or service and market it for them. They influence their audience to make purchases.
- Nowadays, influencer marketing is becoming very popular as both sides are benefitted. Influencers get paid for doing promotions for a company and that company is receiving profits in terms of sales.
Still unsure of whether a pursue a digital marketing course? Talk to our experts at the institute to understand the scope and prospects of a digital marketing career.
- Profit and non-profit organizations use SMS to spread information about their promotions and opportunities for customers.
- The government uses text messages to spread awareness about important information. Political leaders also appeal through these messages. Companies attract customers via offers.
- Many campaigns allow the customers to give simple text messages.
Recommended Read: Digital Marketing Courses in India
Can You Make a Good Career in Digital Marketing Industry in India?
With the rise digital marketing sector, companies are demanding qualified professionals and experts who have digital and technology skills. Start learning the latest digital marketing skills and make a career in this field. According to the Goldman Sachs report, the Indian internet industry will become three times its current value which will be worth $160 billion by 2025.
Social media marketing has huge career scope in India. There are 320 million active Indian users of Facebook and YouTube has the largest audience in India with 467 million Indian users as per Global Media Insight. SEO experts, Google ads experts, and Social Media Managers are highly in demand in India. Digital Marketing in India is becoming a fast and promising industry with new opportunities and rapid career growth.
What is the Future of the Digital Marketing Industry in India?
The exceeding return on investment for companies through digital platforms has convinced other businesses to shift digitally and empower them to make use of the golden period of digital marketing. Nearly 80% of the Indian audience makes online purchases on e-commerce platforms like Myntra, Amazon, Flipkart, Ajio, etc.
The digital revolution in India will soon make it among the top marketers of the world along with the highest numbers of internet users. 30% of the world’s population will connect internet through mobile. This means marketing strategies will be heavily incorporated now more than ever.
As per Global Data, the online business market in India is pushing towards 7 trillion rupees by 2023. Digital Marketing is worth $68 billion and has a growth rate of 40%. The rise in internet users, companies adopting digital marketing strategies, and demanding digital job roles only make sense that the future scope of this industry in India is bright.
Recommended Read: SEO Courses in India
How can Digital Marketing help your Business Grow?
Wide Geographical Reach
Your business can expand without geographical boundaries. The latest and newest digital marketing strategies will help your business to grow in new locations and new areas. Online marketing helps you to approach your target audience with various digital marketing campaigns in no time. These campaigns are flexible and can be easily adjusted according to your location preferences.
Digital marketing helps even small businesses to create an online presence and generate revenues. Small and medium companies do not have high capital and cannot invest much. Online plans do not require much investment and can reach a wide audience at a lower cost. Digital media marketing is cost-effective and helps to communicate and build more potential customers.
Building your Brand Name
You can build your brand reputation by delivering what you have promised to your customers. Brand awareness is a strong element of successful digital campaigns as per Safari SEO Agency. Happy and satisfied customers will share their positive reviews on various online platforms about your company which will further open newer growth opportunities.
This industry offers a better return on investment than traditional marketing. You can monitor which strategy works the best for you and measure desired results online. The key to having high ROI is a continuous flow of online traffic which ultimately converts into potential leads. The higher the online traffic, the more the ROI.
What are the Career Opportunities in the Digital Marketing Industry in India?
Below are listed the digital marketing career opportunities in India:
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Social Media Marketer
- Search Engine Optimizer
- Search Engine Marketing Specialist
- Content Marketer
- Web Developer
- Content Creator for AR-VR
- Video Marketer
- Email Marketer
- SEO Specialist for Voice assistant
- Paid Media Specialist
- Data Analyst
- Automation Expert
1. Why Digital Marketing Industry matters?
In today’s scenario, Facebook and Google make more revenue than any traditional marketing method. Almost every brand including your competitors has its websites and if not, then at least a social media presence. Consumers are depended on digital platforms to learn more about a company and if you are not there then they may hesitate to put their trust in you.
2. How to Become a Digital Marketer?
- Complete your bachelor’s degree
- Learn basic digital marketing skills
- Consider doing a certified digital marketing course
- Start doing an internship
- Develop your website while doing an internship
- Get a full-time job
3. Who can opt for Digital Marketing Career?
Anybody with a graduation degree can opt for a digital marketing career. Digital marketing can provide you with various career options:
- If you have digital knowledge and interest, then become a digital marketer
- If you have a passion for social media, then you can make a career in Social Media Marketing and earn quite well.
- If you like coding then you can become a Web Developer
- If writing is your strength, then Content Writing is a perfect job for you
- If you love designing then you may build a career in Graphic Designing
- If you have an analytical mind then go for Data Analyst
4. What do you mean by a Digital Marketing Agency?
Digital Marketing Agency is an agency that reaches out to customers online through various digital marketing channels like websites, social media, emails, ads, blogs, etc. It provides multiple marketing services under an umbrella and gives expert advice in online marketing. These agencies know what is best for you as they know the best practices, effective tools and techniques, latest trends, and strategies that are followed in the digital marketing industry.
Digital Marketing is an amazing trend and an important platform for growth and opportunities for Indian businesses. The demand for this industry is at its peak and it will only grow in the coming years. Small businesses have risen with a low-cost investment and have made higher revenues. Everyone is online now with cheap data and affordable mobiles. It is a rising industry and you should try your digital luck and take your chance to invest in the digital marketing industry.