Best SEO Courses Institutes in India (Updated) List
Are you on a quest to find the best SEO course in India? You have landed in the right place as we will be getting into some important aspects to consider when deciding which course to choose from the abundant number of options available. Online learning courses were already growing and the raging pandemic that put us all in a lockdown made online courses even more popular.
A recent survey by LinkedIn shows that 3 out of 4 people would seek new jobs in 2021. So if you are looking to restart your career or to enhance your skillset then this is the way to go.
Every person in this universe is unique and so what suits me may not be your best fit. So let us go through a list of courses so that you could find out the plus and minus in each course and finally take the decision that best suits you. But to make the right call, you should get to know about some basics of SEO and its scope in India before you sign on to anything. If you are already confident about your knowledge of SEO then you can head straight to the part where I talk about the best SEO course in India.
What is SEO?
SEO is expanded as Search Engine Optimization and if you are searching about courses you probably know all this. So let’s move to what matters. SEO is an integral part of Digital Marketing. Digital Marketing is similar to regular marketing yet different from it in many ways. Generally, marketing is used to convince the probable and existing customers that the product is worth buying. SEO in Digital Marketing begins with convincing the search algorithm that our product is worth the top display result.
Imagine yourself doing a Google search, how many times have you gone past page 1 of the results or at least scroll down to view the full page? If we never get any visitors then the whole point of digital marketing goes waste. The very first results that you see would be paid advertisements. So one would have to pay to rank there. SEO is what one can use to rank high in the organic results and drive traffic to the site. How you get that job is one of the integral parts of being an SEO expert. Check out this article to find out about SEO Job Descriptions for Freshers and what to expect in your career as an SEO expert.
The gist of the article is that if you are an interested person or can handle tech well then it would come in handy when you are required to use a lot of tools to research on the topics that you can write about and have a flair for content creation then this could be the job for you.
A Career in SEO
When was the last time you stopped and looked at a relevant billboard ad? But at the same time, how many times have you wanted to buy something and see the same product as an ad on your phone? The magic behind this is digital marketing. The field of digital marketing has been rapidly growing over the years. At the end of 2019, India had crossed the 500 Million landmark for the number of smartphone users in the country. It is projected that by 2022 we as a country would have 820 Million smartphones. The number of internet users in 2020 has doubled from what we had in 2015.
This drastic increase has made brands crave a good online presence. This has led to many offices and companies either looking for a digital marketing agency to get the job done or hiring an in-house team to do the needful. At bare minimum brands are at least hiring freelancers to get the job done and so you could make this your side hustle if that is what you are looking to do.
Economic Times has reported in 2020 that there would be a boom in the number of digital marketing jobs. The most interesting point is that they have also mentioned the expected qualification as a digital marketing course post-graduation. So let’s now move on to see important factors to consider when choosing the best SEO course in India for you.
Understand The Different Types Of Google Ads With The Best Digital Marketing Course
The Must-Have Features of the best SEO Course in India
Most of the SEO courses online do have a shiny price tag on them. So here I have listed a few features that make could course the best SEO course in India. Since the investment would be high make sure to understand all these points and then compare them with your needs to make the best choice possible.
Live Online Instructor-led Sessions
- This is one of the key aspects of e-learning as pre-recorded classes are not for all. I for one prefer the classes to be interactive as it maximizes the learning. Most importantly it helps us stay focused. This could be a deal-breaker for you. If you are on the fence about this decision then the best option would be to attend a pre-recorded class for free and see how manageable it is. I would suggest you try Google’s digitally unlocked certification. It is a free course that would lay a good and strong foundation in Digital marketing for you.
- It is important to see if the course is led by a well-experienced trainer. It is always preferable to have trainers who have been in the industry for years. Their experience would make them the optimal choice to learn from. Only when a person is in an industry for years they will know the trade secrets and also have an insider perspective.
- Reputation is always a good trait to have in any way especially in business. So make sure to see the number of years they have been active by doing a bit of background check. It is also possible to use sites like smallseotools to find out details of the webpage to even find out how long they have been using their website and so on.
- Trends keep changing in the digital world and this feature helps us stay updated. If there is an important update in any of the algorithms or so on then they would teach that to the latest batch. We should have access to those classes as well so that we are always staying on top of the trend. Another important factor to consider is that we can refresh our memory on the subject anytime we wish if it is needed.
Hands-on Projects and Assignments
- There is no better way to learn something other than doing it. So choosing a course that would provide you space and training with real-life situations is very crucial. The other main advantage is that it would help you create a few samples for your work which will come in handy if you were to attend an interview.
- This option is important if you are a fresher or someone looking to restart your career. In addition to getting certified you would now have real experience in the domain which would be a definite added advantage when you are in search of jobs.
Money-Back policy and Demo Class
- The money-back policy and free orientation sessions are very important to everyone looking to join a class. If you are interested in the course then it is like getting a free trial. If you like that then you can go through with the payment with an option of backing out most probably after the very first class. This can avoid any confusion that might happen due to misconceptions.
- Not all courses would offer you what is trending in the market now. If it is a pre-recorded curriculum then there are more chances of it being outdated. So make sure to go through the syllabus and compare it with other courses to get a clear picture of it. It would help you to make the best decision possible.
- Some of these courses might have a tie-up with other renowned names like Google, Hubspot, and so on. Such tie-ups and partnerships would add more value to your course as the number of courses available online has increased a lot. It might help you stand out from the crowd. Few courses might have partnerships with LinkedIn or Naukri. These are platforms where people look for jobs. So if the course you do is recognized by the platform then that is also a very big advantage during the hiring process. For example, I have completed the Content Writing Master Course with IIM Skills. This certification is recognized by Naukri and so the number of times my profile appeared on searches increased. This increases the chance of getting placed higher than usual.
- Apart from having tie-ups for certifications, few courses would offer few digital marketing tools at a reduced or zero cost. Many courses do make use of this gimmick where they claim tools worth thousands are provided for free. But if we do a little bit of digging then we could see through such gimmicks. So it is crucial to see if it is a tool that would be useful in your career. It is also important to do a little background check on the tools that are offered to find their actual worth before blinding believing the offer.
Duration of course
- Another key aspect that you must consider is the duration of the course. Since these courses do require an investment make sure you are available for the course duration. If you are already working then make sure to check if you can accommodate the course to your schedule. It would become a very difficult situation if you make the payment go beyond the free refund duration and then find out that you would not be able to dedicate the time the course requires. Doing a course just for namesake is not a good way to go about it.
- Not everybody learns at the same pace or even the same style for that matter. So there should be ample support and individual care for all. In a few scenarios, if there are too many in a class that happens online then it could become difficult. So it is recommended to keep this aspect also be a priority when deciding on the course.
- Though this is pretty much the main reason most of us would do a course I have listed it in the very end. This is because the point of doing such courses should be to enhance your skill and not just to add a point to your resume so that you can get a job. If you have mastered the skill using the course then the job would come to you. So make sure to make the most out of the courses you would do.
Check out the Top Professional Courses
Best SEO Course in India
Now that we are clear of what we should look for in an online course let’s take a look at one of the best SEO courses in India. Based on the above-mentioned pointers I felt the following course to be the best SEO course in India right now. Since these courses are constantly updated I kindly request you to double-check the facts at the time of reading this article.
1. IIM Skills
IIM Skills also offers a comprehensive SEO training program that covers all the aspects of SEO from basic to pro level. Spread across a duration of 1-month, the course consists of 16 hours of interactive learning sessions. Post the course completion you, receive a MAster certification from IIM Skills. Once, you complete the course, you are eligible to opt for a two-month paid internship program where you get hands-on experience of whatever you learned through the course of the program.
You would get lifetime access to the classes that will help you stay updated on the latest trends. It would also help refresh your memory now and then or whenever necessary. It is a course that would have hands-on weekly assignments and tasks. You will also be able to use a lot of tools during the course which would be a sure advantage. It pretty much has everything we discussed as must-haves in online courses. Take a look at it for yourself and then decide.
Here get a glimpse of what entails in this SEO course program:
If you are not satisfied with either of these options for some odd reason then there are a lot of alternatives to learn SEO courses. The other options you can consider are the ‘Delhi School of Internet Marketing’, PromozSEO, eMarket Education, and so on. Before you decide on any of these courses make sure to explore them on sites like Quora. Try to call them up to clear all your doubts regarding the course.
Also, it would be recommended to try and reach out to a few people who have already done the course. By getting in touch with them we can get very accurate and honest feedback. Enquire about the free tools that they would offer, get yourself a free demo, and then sign up.
Download IIM SKILLS Advanced SEO Course BrochureFIND WHY 20,000+ PEOPLE LOVE IIM SKILLS
2. Digital Vidya
Digital Vidya can be considered as one of the pioneers who introduced such digital marketing online courses in India. It has been active since 2009 and it has trained more than 60,000 people across Asia. Yes, the numbers do look good. Let’s take a look at the reason behind such success.
Features of the Course
- The Digital Vidya SEO Course offers live sessions with trainers and not pre-recorded classes. They also provide hands-on projects and assignments during the course and grant lifetime access to the course files that would be in the form of presentations and videos. An optional internship is provided post-completion of the course. They also provide 24X7 Trainer’s Support on Discussion Forum.
- They provide a total of 3 certificates for their SEO course. One is a Government certified certification from V Skills. One from Google and another one from HubSpot. It is more likely that the learning during the course would help us attend exams conducted by both Google and HubSpot. So it will not be an exam that only Digital Vidya students can attend. Instead, you would be trained to take those exams/tests and clear them to get the certifications.
- The syllabus any course covers is equally important so you can take a look at their complete syllabus using the link here. If not let me just give you a small walkthrough. The course begins with an introduction, focuses on both on and off-page SEO, covers the strategies that one would need, algorithm logic, and finally the future of SEO & career paths in it. Their SEO course offers a 100% interview opportunity.
- Their crowd-puller plans include a money-back policy when one isn’t impressed with the live sessions. You will have time until you complete the first session of class to take a decision even after making the payment. This would help keep your mind at peace after making the payment instead of being nervous about your decision. They also provide a group discount of up to 10% and also conduct a free orientation session.
Points to Consider
As of now, Digital Vidya has two batches that you can join in. One is the 90-minute daily weekday class. The other is the 3 and a half-hour weekend Sunday class. This makes it possible for both the already working professionals and freshers to join the course based on personal preference.
This SEO course has pretty much everything that one might be looking for. That is the reason why I have listed it as the best SEO course in India. So checking this course out will be worth your time. The one aspect that you have to be cautious about is that they have mentioned that we would get 2 tools worth Rs.15,000/- along with the course but the name of the tools has not been mentioned. So keep this in mind when you are deciding on this course.
It would also be a good option to consider doing a full digital marketing course instead of just an SEO course especially if you are a fresher or someone trying to restart your career. You wouldn’t want to limit yourself to just one domain in digital marketing. Digital Vidya has a full-fledged digital marketing course as well but it is not budget-friendly.
If you are looking to just dip your toe in the water then you can stick with an SEO course alone. If you are looking to take a deep dive it is better to opt for the digital marketing course. SEO is one key skill that a digital marketer should have but that alone would not be enough in most cases and that is why you must consider doing full digital marketing courses instead.
3. Udemy & Coursera
If you do not have the budget for these courses then there are alternatives too. Like I mentioned earlier these cost-effective options would be pre-recorded sessions and that may not be your cup of tea. If you are fine with that then there are various courses you can find in Udemy. Coursera is another platform that provides us with smaller and cost-effective courses like Udemy. Both Udemy and Coursera even offer free courses that can help build your skill to the next level.
One important factor to remember when it comes to Udemy or Coursera is that we should make sure the certification has a shareable certificate on your LinkedIn or such platforms which would be a benefit like how we discussed already. Remember the certification we saw with Digital Vidya? You can get both the Google and HubSpot certification for free if you can put in the extra effort that is needed.
Do a little bit of your research based on what you have learned from this article. I hope you had at least one important or worthwhile takeaway that would help determine the best SEO course in India after reading this. All these courses apart from the last few options do have high fee amounts. So be sure of what you want to do in life and make sure it is something you love or are interested in.
As a fresher, I made many mistakes that cost me a couple of years to get back on track. So I hope you would not do similar mistakes when it comes to choosing your career path. The main objective of this article was to help you look past their fancy offers and take a decision based on the ground reality. So the ball is in your court now. Good luck!