How to Create a Digital Marketing Campaign in 2022
Digital Marketing Campaigns are very important for advertising and branding purposes. With the doubling use of the internet, digital marketing has become a need nowadays. It has massively changed the way people purchase online products or rental services.
Traditional Marketing had a lot of boundaries and it was also expensive. But now Digital Marketing has broken all the barriers giving all the businesses a world-wide audience to increase their sales.
Day by day it’s becoming more vital and impactful, the more you give the more results you will get. Businesses can directly connect with the audiences and even two businesses can collaborate to do trade.
Digital Marketing Campaigns are done to meet specific or required objectives. It comprises of both online marketing and advertising activities for creating brand awareness for your business. Various types of digital marketing that are practiced to increase sales and expand their business.
Content Marketing, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Social Media Marketing, Affiliate Marketing, Influencer Marketing, E-Mail Marketing are the functions are carried out by businesses to increase their conversion rate of potential customers. Once you have established a name for yourself and created a loyal customer base the next thing is to keep a hold on this and expand more.
You need to change yourself and upgrade your business as things change in the market. Update yourself and create a campaign with a proper strategy. This will allow you to deliver your campaign message to your target audience.
Digital Marketing Campaign Planning
A Digital Marketing Campaign Planning will lead you through the necessary steps, to be followed accurately and guide you through every goal of the campaign.
The foundation of your campaign should be strong enough where the budgets, goals, increasing engagement of customers are predetermined.
Your goals can be long term or short term, achieving those goals online, selection of which social media platforms should be used, budgets, and the period when you want to launch the campaign are the steps that should be followed.
Below are things that you should keep in mind while making a plan.
Know your Goals
You need to determine first why do you want to do create a campaign. Do you want to increase your sales, growth of customer engagement, brand awareness, the building of a reputation or image, expansion of your business, or even better launch a new product or service? Find the target audience that will support you in the path, know the budget for your campaign, the period it is going to be carried out for, what results do you aim for at the end of the campaign.
Learn from your past experiences meaning your past campaigns. A study which points made it successful and which points you could have improved. These statistics will guide you on how to create a new campaign.
Learn from your mistakes, innovate new ideas, and pitch it to your employees. Draft a plan, prepare for the necessary, execute the plan, and present it to the audience.
Set your objectives
Ask yourself why do you want to run this campaign? What do you wish to achieve from it? These objectives should be realistic and probably not more than 2-3. This will help you focus on the goals you aim to accomplish through the campaign.
You can also throw in some referral promotions, discount coupons, discounts on the services or products on the website.
Make your objectives like increase sales by 15% in 2020.
Increase customer engagement or conversion rates by 10% in 2020.
Reduce the bounce rate for the website by 30% in 2020.
Run campaigns with the targeted audience in your mind, create a proper digital marketing plan and an effective strategy to achieve your objectives.
Call to Action (CTA)
It is designed to get an immediate response from your traffic. You need to provide your audience with a Call to Action like ‘Buy here’, ‘Click now’, ‘Give us a call’, ‘Request a demo.’ To guide the customer you need to add these actions. Once they click on it there is a high chance the customer might buy the product or rent the service.
Upskill with these courses from IIM SKILLS for a vastly rewarding career
Know your target audience and divide them
According to the campaign, you are planning to start to know the audience who will be interested in that. Divide your audience with age, gender, education, location, and more.
To connect with your customer better some companies send them personalized messages. It gives them a priority feeling and connects them more to the business.
Study their behavior, patterns, and needs to see what they are purchasing more of, listen to their suggestions and grievances. Create an overall picture of their different behavioral patterns, make a list, and send out messages accordingly.
Customer’s preferences and choices change due to many factors so analyze them carefully before drawing out any conclusions.
Study the market
Studying the market means knowing your market size, locations you are looking to target, and marketing tools you can use to advertise your products or services.
Google Analytics is a fantastic way of knowing what your audience is buying or what it is looking for, then you can provide them with the necessary. In this way, you will be able to advertise your products or services in a presentable way.
Marketing tools are Social Media Marketing, Content Marketing, Affiliate Marketing, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Influencer Marketing, Pay-Per-Click (PPC) which will allow you to understand which tool is best for you to advertise online.
Content Strategies/ Schedule
Content Marketing means to put out informative blogs, articles which will guide the audience through what your business is exactly about. When someone searches for a certain topic, a well-written article along with SEO will push your website on the first page of ranking on Google. This drives organic traffic towards your website.
A Content Calendar is an assuring way to keep a stronghold on your social media accounts and making your business stand out. In that calendar make schedules, mark the dates according to blog posts days, articles publish days, social media posts, on which days, which social media accounts, what time should it be posted.
This will give you an overview of your entire content schedule and help you optimize your long term goals.
Other Marketing Tools
Apart from Content Strategies and marketing, many other tools that can be used to advertise your business in the digital world. This will give you exposure to more potential customers, increase your sales and brand awareness. The marketing tools are mentioned below:-
Social Media Marketing is used to help your product or service stand out from your competitors, increase your engagement of the audience with the number of social followers that you have online. Publishing your content online without promoting it on social media will cause a loss for your business.
The kind of reach social media will give you will be difficult to find somewhere else. Post your content on these social media platforms and increase traffic along with sales on your website.
Affiliate Marketing means hiring a marketer or an influencer who will advertise your website by running ads on their social media platforms. The number of followers or traffic they gain on their websites or social media will be driven to your website. This way you will receive new potential customers.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a powerful tool that will make or break your content, depending on how you use it. Keywords with high search volumes, when used with quality content will get your website high rankings. Accurately use them and your content might just get viral.
Influencer Marketing is something that has obtained more momentum in recent years. Businesses collaborate with them and they advertise your website in their video or a post.
This will give your website a wider reach as you are bound to gain new customers from their social media followers list. It might cost you more but is definite to increase more traffic on your website.
Pay per click (PPC) is a tried and tested way of securing a high ranking on the Google search page. Bid on the right keywords and you can rank in the first place. A paid way to increase traffic and sales on your website is this option.
Research about your competitors/other campaigns
It is mandatory to keep information on what your competitors are doing to grow their business. Observe their strategies and plans they implied, which worked perfectly and which dunked due to their mistakes. Study what could have been done to improve those mistakes.
Take inspirations from ideas, make one of your own, and add a twist to it. This might enable your plans to be full-proof and even previously applied to the audience.
You will understand to which pointers the audience reacted or responded to more. This will enable you to know the mindset and behavior of the audience.
There are even online tools you can use to compare your campaigns with other campaigns. It will give you an overview of where you stand in the digital world. It will guide you to make better plans, schedules, and organize the campaign promptly.
Where do you wish to connect with your audience? On which platforms will you find more traffic or engagement? Figure out where you want to post your content.
According to your audience segmentation decide which post will work well on which platforms and target that section.
You can go live on Facebook, upload stories on Instagram, create a video for YouTube, and post images with content related to your campaign. Run Ads on these platforms, use paid advertising and, push forward your campaign.
Plan your Budget
The budget is the most important part of any campaign. Keeping your budget low and tight might restrict its abilities to perform better. Plan the budget according to your investments and resources you own.
Strategize in what areas in you might have to invest more and which areas you can cut some slack. Research about the necessary funds you might need for different stages of the campaign.
Keep some funds aside as a safety measure, as if you have to spend some more unfortunately in a certain area those funds will be helpful.
Be creative with your design
Get your creative pens out and start creating a unique design for your campaign. Think of innovative ways you can present your designs to the online audience.
Take inspiration from your content and make your awesome design for the campaign. You are bound to generate leads with appealing designs.
Work with your design department, make them understand the goals you are looking to achieve, discuss different designs, look for creative images, videos, colorful templates, sharp one-liners for your tag lines. Your design should resonate with the message you want to convey through the campaign.
Don’t forget to make your landing page attractive and colorful enough to grab the attention of your viewers. A landing page is bound to generate you a lot of traffic. In case you don’t have a team of designers gets it done by a freelancer because handling this all by yourself could be difficult.
Make a time schedule
Time is a factor you will have to balance out from the start. Divide your time according to the importance of the tasks. You will be able to plan the resources you have efficiently.
From the creation of the campaign, generating new ideas, planning your content uploads, following up on everything, keeping an eye on the budget till the end of the campaign you need to keep a second to second time you will have to utilize.
Keep a few hours or a day as spare so if things go wrong you will still have time to fix everything.
Plan your campaign with the estimated time of all the vital things that will be required. How long will you want to brainstorm ideas and implement them into the form of content uploads?
How long will the promotions of your content on social media platforms consume? And when are you hoping the campaign to end? Create a schedule for your campaign and get going.
With the proper planning, you will be able to execute your campaign smoothly without any obstacles. Digital Marketing will provide you strong support in the process of advertising your campaign.
Planning the campaign will give you a breather, reduce your stress, and make you more focused on your goals.
How do you get started with your Digital Marketing Campaign?
Develop all the necessary skills you think you will require for running a campaign. Your creativity should be such that it stands out from the rest of your competitors.
Your intelligence and experience along with help you move forward. But if you don’t acquire such skills like experience give yourself some time for learning it. Don’t jump into the pool without learning how to swim you will drown.
Take some years before you start a full-proof campaign for your campaign. You would be surprised what a work environment can teach you about handling business.
From interacting with clients and employees to networking with a lot of people, learning how to run a business. Grasp all these skills within you and you will be ready.
Customers are the base of your campaign. There are many ways to increase your potential list of customers. Working with brands and influencers has proven to be a successful way of increasing customer engagement.
Interact with your customers, provide them with insights about the base of the campaign, share with them valuable data which will enable them to connect more with the campaign.
You can track through analytics about what a customer is searching for and looking for online. This will give you a fair idea as to what to add to the launch of your new products or services.
E-mail marketing is proven to help you with managing the subscriptions of the customers and give them an update about the upcoming projects or offers. You can send them coupons, discount offers, and previews of any new stuff coming up. You can also set reminders and keep them in the loop about any updates regarding your business.
Apply your expertise, design your campaign, promote it online through e-mail marketing, social media platforms and you will be ready to go.
Digital Marketing Campaign Strategies
- Explore more, dig more, get to know the demographics, understand what the customers are looking for in a product or service. Grab their attention by speaking a simple language with an impactful message which will be remembered by them.
- Content such as articles and blogs when is combined with SEO and links to your site it will generate a lot of leads for your business.
- Make sure your website is optimized for both desktop and mobile versions, quickly responding website. Have a Call to Action prompt on your site along with your social media links.
- You can use YouTube videos, podcasts, Instagram stories, Facebook live to spread more awareness and an appealing storyline that connects with the audience.
- Determine how much business you want to generate with the campaign. Evaluate your current financial status, pick the goals that matter the most, and are realistic in terms of achieving.
- Running social media campaigns gives your business a lot of exposure and even gives your content a chance to get viral on the platform.
- Review your entire strategy, monitor the KPI’s that matter, analyze and report which strategies are working the best for the campaign overall.
- Keep in mind no strategy will be perfect enough you will have to tweak it, adjust it, improve it, monitor it until it provides you with results you are looking for.
Now let’s see some examples of how digital marketing campaigns are done for different industries. This will give you an idea of how to go about your digital marketing campaigns.
Digital Marketing Campaigns for Restaurants
- A yummy gooey dish plated beautifully in front of you, sounds appetizing right? The power of high-quality pictures attracts the audience to buy from your restaurants. Food porn is outright one of the best ways to promote your business online. Use a high-resolution camera or a smartphone, hire a photographer if needed as a poor visual is likely to draw customers away from ordering from your restaurants.
- You can partner up with delivery apps and provide your customers with discount offers or loyalty points for members who sign up for them. this will encourage the customers to order more from your restaurant.
- Social media has become a huge part of promoting your business to the world. A strong social media presence is mandatory or else you won’t make the cut. You can upload happy photographs of your employees representing a healthy work environment. You can also post videos and images of chefs making food, some behind the scene footage. This intrigues the audience and they are more inclined towards your restaurant.
- You can also start a food blog to connect with your audience on a more personal level. Build a community, increase your engagement, read to the suggestions or advice from your customers. Share your success stories with them, reviews of satisfied customers, any new announcements you want to post.
- Every business requires an image of an identity for itself. It’s essential you also create one brand image for your restaurant. Select the target audience and build your brand around them.
- Work with other brands or influencers to market your business more online. You can also invite food bloggers or critics who can come to your restaurant and review your food. You can use each other’s networks to gain more customers for your respective businesses.
Digital Marketing Campaigns for Real Estate
- A user-friendly website is mandatory for your business networks to increase. Users generally leave a website if it takes more than 10 seconds for it to load. The content you upload there will guide your customers through the entire house buying process. Add new listings, leave a link to your other social media handles, add information about lawyers, movers to help your customers better.
- How about a virtual tour of your dream house? Sounds exciting right? Use technology to attract more customers. Give them an entire tour of the house shot with the perfect visuals and interactive nature.
- Social media can do wonders for your business, with a proper strategy you can get the results you are looking for. Post blogs, videos, images regularly to increase engagement. Hire a photographer if you are not experienced enough in that field.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a technique that drives a lot of traffic and generates leads towards your website. High ranking keywords combined with quality content give you a boost on Google’s search engine. Update your blogs regularly with high value, long written articles.
- E-mail Marketing is considered one of the most rewarding tactics of all time. Get customers to sign up for your subscriptions as they browse your site using a Call to Action (CTA) option, like ‘Subscribe here.’ Once you persuade the customers to subscribe you can then send them e-mails about new updates, discount coupons, offers. It will help you generate new leads.
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC) advertising is used by a lot of digital marketers to generate more traffic. Every time someone clicks on your website you will have to pay a small price for it. Marketers have to bid on the right keywords and grab that first place on the Google search result list. Staying on the first page proves to be a boon for businesses. Small real estate businesses can use this model to generate more leads.
- Webinars are a place where you can share your experiences, conduct online workshops to increase your engagement. It generates inbound leads, making a name for your business out there, is an important part of the digital marketing campaign.
- Track what your competitors are doing, how are they running their website? Learn from their tactics, see how active they are on social media, analyze their work. See the mistakes they made, rectify them, bring in your own ideas, and strategize a new tactic to market your business out there.
Once you are done with your campaign you can measure its success through Google Analytics. Make an account then track and measure the traffic on your website. It also tracks the origin of the traffic so you know the actual success rate of your campaign.
The world is an evolving place even the Digital Marketing Campaigns. New things and changes are been added and reduced daily. You need to adapt to those changes if you want to survive in the industry.
As an entrepreneur, you have a load of things to take care of. Don’t be afraid to take help, you are a master in business which is enough. Hire a Digital Marketer he will help you do the job better.
Creating a campaign can be exhausting in nature but it is bound to yield you the results that you require. I hope you learned some insights about this process and now you are ready to create your own Digital Marketing Campaign.