Top 7 Certificate Course in Financial Accounting and Taxation
Every business needs to maintain a detailed and systematic record of all its financial transactions. These transactions are documented, evaluated, interpreted, and summarised. Companies, both big and small need a seamless way of managing various accounts like that of employees, clients, vendors, or inventory. And accounting professionals help streamline this process. Business Accounting and Taxation (BAT) has always been a key skill in the accounting industry. A certificate course in financial accounting and taxation equips students with the fundamental knowledge necessary to carry out the various roles and functions in any business.
“Accounting is the language of business. It is a language all of its own. Getting comfortable in a foreign language takes a little experience, a little study early on but it pays off big later on” – Warren Buffet
This gives a very succinct way of putting it. Business Accounting can seem like a complex industry. But to reap its benefits you will need to understand its intricacies and nuances.
What is Business Accounting and Taxation?
Simply put, Business Accounting is a process of presenting all the financial information. Taxation is a process where the tax authority, usually the government levies charges on an individual or a company thereby generating revenue. This revenue is in turn used for the developmental activities of the country like education, health, infrastructure-building, etc.
Purpose of a Certificate Course in Financial Accounting and Taxation
The accounting department is the heart of any business. It needs to focus on all the financial activities while processing this information. BAT as a system has evolved over the years. Something as complex and detailed as BAT involves meticulous attention to detail.
As a BAT professional you will need to handle some key areas for the business. With so many available online, how do you choose a certificate course in financial accounting and taxation that fits you best? First, listed below are some of the essential roles and responsibilities.
This essentially means maintaining an accurate book of accounts. It is a detailed record of all financial activities maintained on a daily basis. This helps management keep a check on the overall financial health of the company. This also helps in planning for the future.
Internal auditing is done at regular intervals. This is a reviewing process to ascertain that the company’s interests are safe. It ensures that there the process is error-free and there is no misappropriation of funds.
This is an important aspect of accounting. Filing taxes with appropriate documents, paying them on time, filing for tax returns, etc are all crucial to this. In addition, professionals also advise businesses on how to save taxes by making suitable investments.
4. Cost Accounting
Cost accounting entails scrutinizing the cost structure of the company to optimally allocate funds to the various departments of the company.
Management accounting guides the management in analyzing the finances of the company, thereby supporting the decision-making process. To carry out these vital responsibilities, you must be equipped with the right knowledge that will help you make an informed decision.
Most prominent institutes require you to have a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce from a well-known academic institute. Having said that the entry requirements differ from one institute to the other.
Recommended Read: Business Accounting and Taxation Courses in India
Career Options and Salary Scope
After completing the intensive BAT course, you can choose from a wide array of promising jobs in Auditing, Real Estate Financing, Budget Analysis, Revenue Agent, Taxation, Finance Consulting, etc. Listed below are some of the potential entry-level job roles available upon successful completion of the course and obtaining the certificate.
- Auditing Assistant
The role of an Auditing Assistant is to scrutinize and keep a check on the financial reports of a company. They also help in documenting the audits, drafting financial reports, and verifying the policies and financial information of the company.
- Tax Assistant
A Tax Assistant works alongside the accounting department. They monitor tax-related documents like reports, expense sheets, and tax filings. Ensuring that taxes are being filed flawlessly and keeping time is the responsibility of a tax assistant. A tax assistant can also be involved in clerical work.
- Accounting Assistant
The job of an Accounting Assistant is to ensure that the accounting department runs smoothly without any issues. Their role also includes processing documents such as invoices, financial statements, etc, budget analysis, and tracking the company expenses. The entry-level salary for any of the above roles ranges from 2 Lakhs INR to 8 Lakhs INR p.a.
Find Here the Most Important Accounting Interview Question Answers
Other Job Opportunities Include:
- Finance Manager
- Accounting Manager
- Audit Officer
- Corporation Taxation
- Personal Finance Consultant
- Income Tax Officer
- GST Officer
- Budget Analyst
- Payroll Accountant
If you are serious about making a career in any field, you ought to understand the value of good, reliable courses that will give you a solid foundation and help you jumpstart a flourishing career. So, without further ado, let’s dive in and explore the top 7 certificate course in financial accounting and taxation in India.
Top 7 Certificate Course in Financial Accounting and Taxation in India
1. IIM Skills
IIM Skills is one of India’s leading Online Education Services institutions. Headquartered in New Delhi, India, it offers several skill-development courses for working professionals, students & entrepreneurs. IIM Skills started its journey as an education blog to help people with career guidance.
With an outreach of more than a million people, they decided to launch a full-fledged training program. Their certificate course in financial accounting and taxation is highly recommended to candidates wanting to advance their careers in accounting. Their BAT course offers students expertly designed courseware that will get them industry-ready.
BAT Course Highlights:
- 120+ hours of lectures with 60+ hours of practical assignments.
- Earn globally accredited Master BAT certification.
- Well-researched teaching methodologies focused on hands-on learning.
- Guidance for industry-specific tools like Excel, GST, Tally, and QuickBooks.
- Dedicated support system.
- Interactive, live sessions with regular assignments.
- Lifetime access to all the session recordings, old and new
- Assistance will be provided in job placement.
Download Business Accounting and Taxation Course CurriculumFIND WHY 20,000+ PEOPLE LOVE IIM SKILLS
The Course is Organised into 6 Modules:
- Basics of Business Accounting and Tally
- Basics of GST
- GST in Tally
- Basics of TDS
- TDS in Tally
- Basics of Payroll and payroll in Tally
- Income tax with Tally
- Advance Excel and MIS reporting
Duration of the Course: 3 Months
Course Fee: INR 49,900+ GST
- Digital Marketing Course
- Content Writing Course
- Technical Writing Course
- SEO Course
- GST Certification Course
- Financial Modeling Courses
Also Read: Skills Required for an Accountant
With over 10 years of expertise curating impactful methodologies, EduPristine is one of the prominent institutes offering a certificate course in financial accounting and taxation in India both online as well as in-classroom formats The Post Graduate Program in Business Accounting and Taxation (PGP-BAT) from EduPristine offers an experiential course.
It mainly aims to help students become industry-ready accounting professionals. The program follows structured modules that are designed by experts with rich experience in the domains of accounting and taxation.
- Experiential and practical training with industry-relevant content.
- Work on 14 real-life scenario-based projects and case studies.
- Practical experience with industry tools and software such as Tally, SAP, MS Excel & Busy.
- Dedicated computer lab and discussion forums.
- Gets you ready for the top 4 accounting certifications.
- Extensive soft-skills training.
- PGP-BAT: Certificate of Excellence.
- Resume preparation assistance.
- Customized career guidance and 100% placement assistance.
The Course is Organised into 9 Modules
- Module 1: Basics of Accounting
- Module 2: Basics of GST & GST in Tally
- Module 3: Basics of Income Tax and Income Tax in Tally
- Module 4: Payroll and its components
- Module 5: Excel for Accounting and MIS
- Module 6: Finalisation of Financial Statements
- Module 7: BUSY Practicals
- Module 8: SAP
- Module 9: Soft Skills
Duration: 5 months
Course Fee: INR 50,000
Recommended Read: Business Accounting and Taxation Courses in Delhi
National Institute of Financial Markets (NIFM) are pioneers in the field of the financial market, stock market & accounting taxation sector. NIFM is a private institute specializing in vocational professional courses in both offline and online formats. Their courses range from beginner to expert levels.
They have long-term specialization courses in industries such as Accounts, Financial Market & stock market segments, and short-term or crash courses on share and forex markets, mutual funds, commodities markets, etc. The course is designed to fulfill the needs and demands of the industry. NIFM focuses on essential aspects of accounting such as GST, TDS, Income tax, and e-filing through practical ways and even on the Government portal.
- Combination of practical and theoretical learning.
- Training provided by industry experts.
- Certification on course completion by NIFM.
- 100% placement Assistance.
- Guidance is provided for those who want to start their freelancing career or start their own business as an accounting or income tax professional.
- Practical learning is prioritized with over 80% of the course based on hands-on learning.
- Pre-recorded class videos are available for future reference.
- Regular mock tests for knowledge assessment.
- Practical workshops.
- Internship opportunities in top companies.
- Flexibility in class schedules.
The Course is Organised into 6 Modules:
- Module 1: Accountancy
- Module 2: Basics of GST
- Module 3: TDS/ TCS
- Module 4: Tally ERP 9 with GST
- Module 5: Income Tax
- Module 6: Auditing
Duration: 6 Months
Course Fee: INR 45000 + GST (one-time fee) OR INR 55000 + GST (4 instalments)
Udemy, Inc founded in 2010 is a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) provider for students and professionals. Headquartered in San Francisco, USA, Udemy offers courses in 75 languages and has 46 million students on its platforms as of 2021.
Complete Accounting & Taxation Course 2022 is Udemy’s online certificate course in Financial Accounting and Taxation. This is a compulsive course for accounting, financial, MIS, data analysis, tax professionals, auditors & business management sectors.
- 32 hours of on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Program accessible on mobile phones, laptops, and TV
- Certificate of completion
- Brainstorming case studies
- Quiz for individual chapters
- Reference questions and soft copies of course material are available
- Upon course completion, the students will be able to comprehend books on Accounts & GST
- All GST classes are based on real-time data
- Regular assignments and practice tests
The course is organized into 7 modules and 249 lectures covering the following topics:
- GST & GST Portal Concepts
- Double-entry accounting systems
- Tally – Introduction, history, advantages
- Golden Rules of Accounts
- Tally prime course
- Taxation (TDS + Income tax non-audit)
- MS-Excel ranges from beginner to advanced levels
Course Fee: INR 2,299
Recommended Read: Financial Modeling Courses in India
5. The Institute of Professional Accountants (IPA)
The Institute of Professional Accountants takes a prominent place in professional courses in accounting, banking, finance, and taxation sectors. IPA is established and run by a team of Charted Accountants and Business Management professionals bringing their vast experience and knowledge with various private sector companies.
IPA is headquartered in Delhi, India. They use the latest technology in imparting knowledge to knowledge to students. The certificate course in financial accounting and taxation offered by IPA maintains high standards and integrity.
- Learn BAT from experienced Chartered Accountants, MBAs, and Advocates.
- Diploma certificate upon course completion
- 100% placement assistance
- Live and classroom training provided
- Flexible class schedule
The Course is Organised into 9 Modules:
- Industrial Accounting
- Accounting software: Tally, ERP, BUSY
- Income Tax (Online ITR filing)
- GST (Online GST return filing)
- Provident fund labor laws
- Company law
- Stock market-capital market
- eCommerce and banking
Duration: 12 Months
6. Synergy School of Business Skills
Synergy School of Business Skills is one of India’s largest networks of management training institutes. They are dedicated to providing short-term programs for professionals. Spanning over 75 centers, Synergy School of Business Skills is a global organization training over 50,000 people annually.
Their certificate course in financial accounting and taxation is very popular amongst commerce graduates interested in finance and taxation as a career path. The concepts of accounting, MS excel, and reporting are used to address the practical components of taxation.
- Curriculum designed by industry experts
- Case studies to enhance hands-on learning
- Simulation-Based Practical Training
- Training by Industry Experts
- 100% Placement Assistance
- A-Z accounting process training like GST, IT, payroll, etc
- Certification to authenticate your skills
- Rigorous classroom training schedule
- Dedicated Computer Lab
- Self-paced learning content provides flexibility
- Dedicated discussion forums
- Practical Accounting
- Advanced Excel
- Payroll Management
- Goods and Service Tax
- Income Tax
Recommended Read: Business Accounting amd Taxation Courses in Mumbai
7. Henry Harvin Education
Henry Harvin is a renowned institute based out of the US and India. With a customer base of 97+ countries, it is ranked among the Top 100 Edtech companies in India. It offers both online and offline certification programs. It is well known for its certificate course in financial accounting and taxation in India.
The Certified Business Accounting and Taxation Course (CATP) teaches important concepts of Accounting like GST, Income Tax, and TDS. The course educators are highly qualified individuals with extensive experience in the domain. This course focuses on providing training on both the theoretical as well as the practical aspects of accounting.
- Unique 9-in-1 course that offers live, online, and interactive sessions that are aligned with the industry standard
- CATP certificate is recognized by the Govt of India on course completion.
- Projects on GST, Advanced Excel, and HR Payroll, for hands-on learning.
- 1-year access to the course material through their exclusive gold membership where mentorship and guidance are provided.
- Monthly Bootcamp spread over a year for practical knowledge of the industry.
- Internship after the course.
- 100% placement with assistance.
- Free access to Hackathons and other competitions.
- Session recordings, tools, assessments, etc.
The Course is Organised as 6 Modules with 2 Complementary Modules
- Module 1: Course on GST Practitioner
- Module 2: Course on Income Tax
- Module 3: Financial Statement Analysis course
- Module 4: Advanced Tally ERP 9
- Module 5: Advanced Excel
- Module 6: HR Payroll Management
- Complimentary Module 1: Soft skill development
- Complimentary Module 2: Resume preparation
Duration: 172 hours of live and interactive sessions
- The self-paced class costs INR 31,050
- The online class (preferred) costs INR 34,500
1. Is the BAT course worth it?
Upon successful completion of a BAT course, you can expect various job opportunities available either in the private or government sectors. In addition, you can also opt for teaching jobs in colleges and universities.
2. How to apply for BAT Course?
Applying for the course is extremely easy. Go to the institute’s website. Complete and submit the application form. In addition to providing email and contact numbers, most websites now provide chat assistance. You can arrange for a call-back at your preferred time. The website also allows you to download course brochures.
3. Which mode of learning is better for a BAT course- Online or classroom format?
Considering the present scenario, opting for an online format seems the most practical. They provide flexibility in terms of class schedules. They also give you location freedom. You can learn from anywhere. This is also the preferred mode for people wanting to pursue other jobs or study alongside. The online syllabus substantially covers all the essential components. However, if your chosen course offers classroom-based learning, you could opt for it.
4. Can I do a full-time job while studying for the BAT course?
The answer is a resounding yes! These online courses are designed to fit into your daily schedules easily. Most of the online courses mentioned here are self-paced, offering weekend batches. With good time management and some small tweaks in your daily schedule, you should be able to accommodate both simultaneously.
Accounting is a high-growth industry and is a part of every individual or company. The economy of India is growing rapidly and this has resulted in high demand for qualified professionals. According to a report, about 90% of accountants feel that accountancy is undergoing a cultural shift towards technology. This shift is due to the changes in client demand, marketing trend shifts, and of course the ongoing pandemic. The industry is adopting automation and high-tech systems to better handle the demands. This transformation indicated that professionals know to stay up to date with the newer technologies and tools. With increasing competition, a conventional graduation degree just doesn’t cut it.
Candidates who are well-versed with the industry case studies and the new accounting software will certainly have the edge. The certificate course in financial accounting and taxation is designed to keep up with the growing demands of the industry. Students are trained in both soft skills and hard skills to make the transition from classroom assignments to real-world projects easy. A BAT course gives you the head-start you need to launch a rewarding career in accounting. Upon successful completion of the course, armed with the knowledge and the know-how, you should be able to advance your career efficiently.
With the changing business scenario in India, getting hired for a job in the accounting sector can be a bankable career option. Get a career boost by taking a good certificate course in financial accounting and taxation in India and watch your career skyrocket! So, these are the top picks for a certificate course in financial accounting and taxation in India. Hope this has given you vital insights into the various courses available, their benefits, and fee structure which will aid you in making an informed decision.