Top 8 Business Accounting and Taxation Courses in Chandigarh
Becoming a commerce graduate and getting a degree in this field is no less than a milestone, so first of all a big congratulation to you. But not choosing the right career after that will be an equal loss too and we won’t let this happen to you so updating you with a new professional and technical course based on the current curriculum. This time we come up with a brand-new program on Business Accounting and Taxation courses in Chandigarh. So, without any further delay, let’s go on a ride with this brand-new course in Business Accounting and Taxation.
This Article Contains: –
- What is a business accounting and taxation course (BAT)
- Why you should do this course?
- Eligibility criteria
- Need for a tax accountant
- Subjects and Syllabus under BAT course
- Career and future scope
- Top 8 business accounting and taxation courses in Chandigarh
- Other similar short-term courses for commerce stream
What is Business Accounting and Taxation Course?
Business Accounting and Taxation course is a 6-month academic course or you can say a short-term certified training program designed by the financial specialists for the commerce graduates who have an interest in accounting and financial niche and wants to pursue a career in tax and accounts.
This course is also referred to as the PGP-BAT course. In this course, you will learn both theoretical as well as practical aspects of accounting and taxation. The BAT course modules contain Direct and indirect taxation, accounting and reporting skills, GST, soft skills, auditing, and much more.
The main objective of this course is to equip students with the basics to advance tax and accounting concepts and a balanced mix of auditing, bookkeeping, and the fundamentals of economics. This course consists of 6 modules and will take 4-6 months to get complete you’ll learn all the theoretical and practical aspects as well as some great skills in account management and tax management.
Why You Should do This Course?
In a world full of capitalism and the everyday birth of new startups, you can predict how much finance and accounts will be important in the upcoming years, you can see the growing networks of the economic ecosystem and so the accounting and taxations, every business needs an accounting and taxation specialist in their company.
So based on the current curriculums of industries, you should pursue this course if your core interest is accounting and taxation not only for commerce graduates but this course will help work professionals to update their knowledge in the fields of tax and accounts and hike in salary by switching their jobs.
This course will also be helpful for non-commerce backgrounds who want to launch their startup. They can also learn the accounts and tax fundamentals or for those too who want to change their stream and think about finance or MBA. As India is developing its business ecosystem it has a great career scope ahead and also learning about accounting and taxation will not only help the corporative but one can also uplift their knowledge and can start their own business.
BAT Course Eligibility Criteria and Duration
The minimum eligibility criteria to pursue a business accounting and taxation course is you should have a bachelor’s degree in commerce this is because if you will have your fundamentals clear in commerce then it will be easy for you to understand accounting and taxation on a professional level and you can easily grab a job opportunity for yourself.
Course Duration: –
It can be 2.5 to 3 months for regular classes from Monday to Friday or can be 4 to 6 months for weekend classes (only on Sundays). Classes will be in online or offline mode depending upon the institute.
Skills Required: –
- One has to be comfortable with numbers
- Commercially updated and should be adjustable with a situation
- Capability to explain complex regulations in the language of a common man
- Time management & work punctuality
Need for a Tax Accountant: –
Now, this is very important to get clear about, you would think that what if we will do these 6 months training program with full dedication and consistency but at the time of placement, they will hire a charter accountant. This case has a very high chance of possibility then if they’ll have an option of a charter accountant then why anyone will go for a tax accountant?
Well, you’ll answer this question on your own. Assume that you want to study physics then whom will you choose a physics specialist or an all-rounder science teacher who teaches all three subjects (physics, chemistry, biology), of course, a physics specialist is right, and exactly this is a difference between a charter accountant and tax accountant.
A tax accountant is specialized in the accounting and tax niche under the whole umbrella of finance they are hired to ensure the accounting transaction and direct or indirect tax by following the guidelines of federal laws but a charter accountant is hired for providing reliable information about financial records for a particular corporate firm.
So, there’s a difference between Charter Accountant and Tax Accountant and they also have different job profiles with different needs and values in an organization yes both are worth courses and jobs in India.
Here are some other lucrative courses in Chandigarh
- Financial Modeling Courses in Chandigarh
- GST Certification Courses in Chandigarh
- Digital Marketing Courses in Chandigarh
- Content Writing Courses in Chandigarh
- Technical Writing Courses in Chandigarh
- SEO Courses in Chandigarh
- Creative Writing Courses in Chandigarh
Subjects and Syllabus under Business Accounting and Taxation Course: –
Given below are the subjects and syllabus covered under Business Accounting and Taxation course which you will study in 6 months training program. This will cover both practical and theoretical aspects: –
The Syllabus Is Divided Into 6 Modules: –
1. Industrial Accounting – 10 hrs.
- Historical overview of industrial accounting
- Key principles and importance of accounting
- Fundamentals in accounting
- Double-entry system & types of accounts
- Methods of transaction &accounting process (old & new)
- Accounting charts
2. Tally – 30 hrs.
- Tally & shortcut introduction
- Company creation
- Ledger, posting vouchers, transaction posting creation
- Balance sheets
- Practice examples
3. Direct Taxation – 12 hrs.
- The income tax act, 1961
- Heads of income
- Income tax return overview
- TDS (tax deducted at sources) & returns
4. Goods and Service Tax – 12 hrs.
- GST fundamentals
- Gst return types
- Mechanisms for the input tax credit
- Mechanisms for reverse charge
- Gst maintenance format
5. Payroll Policies & its Components – 4 hrs
- Payroll fundamentals
- Examples & formats
6. Excel and MIS – 15 hrs
- Excel & shortcut introduction
- MIS fundamentals & reporting using excel
- Examples and formats
Along with these 6 modules, you’ll also learn some skills like software skills, sap modules, finalizing of financial statements, busy software, ERP software tally, book auditing, etc.
Career and Future Scope: –
Now you have read everything about this course about subjects and syllabus eligibility requirements and what not and now the main concern comes into the picture what will be your designation after this course? Given below are some awesome job profiles and career opportunities for business accounting and taxation courses in Chandigarh:-
- Accounting Assistant
- Accounting Supervisor
- Accounting Manager
- Senior Accountant
- Junior Accountant
- Auditing Assistant
- Accounting Administrator
- Tax Assistant
- Tax Manager
- Finance Manager
Salary will be somewhere in between 2L – 8L per annum
Top 8 Business Accounting and Taxation Courses in Chandigarh: –
1. BAT Course In Chandigarh – IIM SKILLS
One of the top institutes of India, IIM SKILLS offers a professional course in business accounting and taxation. Majorly focussed on practical acquisition and industry-specific knowledge, the course is one of the best business accounting and taxation courses in Chandigarh.
The proficient BAT course brushes your business accounting skills, hence preparing you for industry-level jobs and careers. With a rich curriculum, the program consists of knowledge about advanced accounting, Tally ERP, Tally Prime, GST, TDS, income tax, Payroll, Advanced Excel & MIS reporting.
Download Business Accounting and Taxation Course CurriculumFIND WHY 20,000+ PEOPLE LOVE IIM SKILLS
- Live online classes along with practical assignments.
- In-depth knowledge about accounting and taxation
- Hands-on practice of tools, techniques, and tricks
- On-the-spot doubt resolution
- Internship opportunities
- Devoted placement cell
- Lifetime access to resource material, ebooks, session recordings, and updated knowledge.
- Course Fees: INR 49,900
Professional Courses from IIM SKILLS
- Digital Marketing Course
- SEO Course
- Technical Writing Course
- GST Course
- Content Writing Course
- Financial Modeling Course
- CAT Coaching
Contact: +919580740740, [email protected]
2. BAT Course In Chandigarh – Chandigarh University:
Established in July 2012, a private deemed university accredited “A+” by NAAC in 2019 is no doubt the best place to join for business accounting and taxation courses in Chandigarh to uplift your financial knowledge. You’ll be provided with the best financial faculties, seminars, and live projects in this course.
Overview of Business Accounting and Taxation Courses in Chandigarh Offered by CU:-
- Learn from experts
- Placement opportunities in top companies like IBM, Amazon, and Microsoft
- Practical learning with industry-based projects
- Course fees:- 45k – 4 lakh
- Interview assistance by professors and mentors for jobs.
3. BAT Course In Chandigarh – University School of Management studies
University school of management studies (USMS) was established in 2006 to provide programs in management, computer application, and commerce at both graduate and undergraduate levels. The best reason to join this institute is its teaching pedagogy, they use case studies, management games, and live projects to teach their students.
- Course fees 1 lakh
- Case studies and project-based learning
- Expert faculties with 24* 7 support
- Clear concepts of accounting and taxation
- Placement assistance
A second-best option for Business Accounting and Taxation Courses in Chandigarh to choose for a piece of great knowledge and a career in the accounting and taxation field.
Dig more into:
- Business Accounting and Taxation Course in Hyderabad
- Business Accounting and Taxation Course in Pune
- Business Accounting and Taxation Course in Kolkata
4. BAT Course In Chandigarh – Amity University:
A multi-disciplinary university with UG, PG & Doctoral programs with high-end research and extensive collaboration with global universities to provide international exposure to their students is the 3rd recommendation to you for business accounting and taxation courses in Chandigarh.
After your enrolment:-
- Availability of a relationship manager for you to help you out with all your queries related to your course
- Provides job opportunities to their students
- 3 lakh+ alumni strength available
- Opportunity to join different classes according to your skills
- Course Duration:- 2 years or 4 semesters
- Course fees:- 2 lakh
Branches Available:- Chandigarh, Kochi, Banglore, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Indore, Noida, Pune, Hyderabad, Bhubneshwar.
Here is a guide to Cost Management Accounting
5. BAT Course in Chandigarh – City Commerce Academy:
One of the best accounting and taxation training institutes in India was established in 1999 to provide quality education to account professionals with experienced and expert faculties to successfully trained thousands of students. You can be their next best alumni for the business accounting and taxation courses in Chandigarh.
- Online training program with flexible timings
- Combination of three courses (business accounting, account experts, and tax experts)
- Project-based practical learning
- Placement assistance
- Fresher commerce graduates are eligible for this course
- In-depth knowledge of business accounting and taxation by expert faculties
- Get the certificate of completion from the institute
- Course fees:- 10,800/-
Recommended Read: Business Accounting and Taxation Courses in Jalandhar
6. BAT Course in Chandigarh – Apglearning:
One of the best online training institutes available in India with 100+ best online professional courses to help students to achieve their dream career and job can be one of your choices for the Bussiness Accounting and Taxation Course in Chandigarh
- 3 months online training program by industry experts
- 7 modules in 90 hrs along with a completion certificate by Apglearning
- Practical learning with industry-based projects
- Weekday classes from Monday to Friday
- Commerce graduates and non-commerce backgrounds with 1 year of work experience are eligible for this course
- Job assistance by expert faculties
- Course fees:- 35,000/-
Recommended Read: Online Financial Modeling Courses
7. BAT Course in Chandigarh – EduPristine:
Founded by industry professionals from top MNCs EduPristine is one of the best institutes in India for financial courses this institute also follows CFA institute prep providers around the world. You can include EduPristine in the list of best business accounting and taxation courses in Chandigarh.
Course Key Features:-
- 5 months online training program with eligibility for a bachelor’s in commerce
- Access to virtual and interpersonal communication
- Lifetime access to e-learning video content, tools & techniques
- Cased-based learning and project-based training
- Bootcamps and interview workshop
- Globally accepted certificate of completion from EduPristine
Also Read: Most Popular Accounting Interview Questions
8. BAT Course In Chandigarh – NIFM (National Institutes of Financial Management)
One of the most renowned educational institutes in India offers 6 months training program in Diploma in Financial Accounting, Auditing & Taxation courses as well as some job-oriented training with decent preparation you can select for Business Accounting and Taxation Courses in Chandigarh.
- 5 months training program with 70% practical and 30% theoretical learning
- Internship opportunities with the top-notch companies
- Training by industry experts with the availability of weekends batches
- 100% placement assistance
- Lifetime support of the best financial faculties
- Course fees :- 45,000/- + gst in one installment or 55,000/- + gst in 4 installments.
1. What are the other Similar Short-Term Courses after Commerce?
Certificate courses in accounting and taxation: –
- Chartered certified accountant (ACCA)
- A chartered financial planner (CFP)
- Chartered management accountant (CMA)
- Certified public accountant (CPA)
- Certified alternative investment analyst (CAIA)
- Certificate Course on GST
- Advanced certificate course on GST
- Certificate course on TDS (Direct Taxation)
- Certificate course on return filling (Income Tax)
- Crash course on GST
- Advanced course on GST Audit and Assessment procedure
2. What is Business Accounting and Taxation course?
A 6 months certificate course designed by the finance specialist for commerce graduates to pursue a career in accounting and taxation and for those who want to enhance their knowledge in finance and economy.
3. Who should do the BAT course?
The minimum requirement for this course is a bachelor’s degree in commerce but any working professional or even non-commerce background student can also choose this course to switch their education or job.
4. Is it worth doing a business accounting and taxation course?
Yes, in the coming business world every startup needs a tax accountant or account and tax-related experts for their company, and having a deep knowledge of this will help you in opening great career opportunities in the future.
5. What will be the role of a tax accountant?
Tax accountant looks after the tax returns, the flow of transactions and auditing, and other account and tax-related works in a company.
6. What will be the duration of the BAT course?
Usually, it takes 2-6 months to get completed but some institutes have their course duration so you can check this at the time of enrollment.
Business accounting and taxation is a course for commerce graduates and working professionals and non-commerce background students also to uplift their knowledge and also build a splendid career for them. One should do this because of the growing rate of business and the need for accounts and tax experts, given above is the list of all requirements, important questions to know about business accounting and taxation courses, and also the best 8 institutes available to pursue business accounting and taxation courses to achieve great success peaks in your future. So, without any further delay, interested students should immediately apply for this course and take an initiation towards a great career.
Hi. I am Viren. I am from a non commerce background. As I read in this article you have said that even a non commerce background student can choose this course and I have an interest in finances and accounting so can I ask what institute would be the best for me. What is the scope of pursuing business accounting and taxation courses in chandigarh? Are businesses or even start ups actively looking to hire an accountant in the city? I live in chandigarh and would like if I got a job as an accountant in chandigarh only. Thank you.
I read this article and it is quite impressive. Finance is so in demand and it is offers careers that pay well as well . There are so many courses offered in the field of finance and accounting that one can easily get confused . However the business and taxation course is quite something and I see quite a lot of people pursuing it these days as well. I am a financial analyst and am well placed and want the same for my younger brother as well who is going to become a B.com graduate soon I am encouraging him to join a business accounting and taxation course in chandigarh as I believe there are good placements that follow the completion of the course.
I was looking for a course in financial accounting and taxation to help with my job search and was looking to enroll in a course that will make me industry ready and will help me find a good job immediately after the completion of my course. I read this article and it is very informative. I have some questions though.
Which of these institutes offer the best job placements as I have seen that many institutes are fraud. The reviews from previous students might help in clearing the doubt.
What is the scope of pursuing business accounting and taxation courses in Chandigarh?
What topics will be covered in this course so I can understand the course curriculum better?
I work as an accountant in Chandigarh. I recently relocated to this area and was seeking for this training because there is a high need for people with this talent. I came across this post when studying employment and requirements before enrolling in business accounting and taxation courses in Chandigarh. I am now interested in learning more about this topic. Is it possible for someone like me to take this course? If so, will it be feasible given my current responsibilities? I’m curious if all the institutes listed in your article will provide coverage for the topics indicated in your course highlight overview. Thank you very much.
I am now interning at an accountancy and finance firm as a commerce graduate. I want to develop and contribute my skill set to my firm in order to become a valuable asset. I have a significant interest in finance and am considering enrolling in a business accounting and taxation course in Chandigarh, as it will be extremely beneficial to someone like me who is interested in learning more about the finance and taxation industries. Can you advise some career choices for me to consider when I finish the course?. If this is the case, please direct me to a reputable institution that offers this course.
I think i can learn this course and develop my skillset to add more value to my services towards the company in the future. Currently I work as an intern in a firm based in chandigarh. While i’m here i thought about learning some course on the side to enhance my knowledge. I have an interest in learning and exploring the various choices i have in the field. I have done some courses from the net earlier but they turned out to be just basic level stuff. Are the business accounting and taxation courses in chandigarh also a basic knowledge of finance or is it also for professionals who want to enhance their knowledge. Please let me know.
My tuition professor told me about this course and that I should take an interest to look into the topics covered . A few of my peers are pursuing the BAT course themselves. They say from experience that it is a very important skill for people to learn for good job openings. People looking to get into the finance sector should be prepared and this course teaches how to get industry ready – that’s my professor told us. I want to have a certification from a reputed institute to help me with job searching. The article covers the best business accounting and taxation courses in Chandigarh and is very informative.
These business accounting and taxation courses in chandigarh look nice to me. I will be sure to enroll in one from these listed institutes. The competition is very much and it is important to stay updated with the latest practices to impress the companies with your performance and your desire to learn more. I am very much interested in finance domain. I have even started my own consulting firm. I have been pretty much successful and would kike to take the business further. I wan to give the best services possible in this field. Thank You.