Top 8 GST Courses for Beginners in India in 2022 (Updated)
The GST Course can help CAs, Businessmen, accountants, and other professionals to update their knowledge regarding the goods and service tax. Good theoretical and practical knowledge about GST can create new opportunities in self-employment and employment at the industrial level. A Good GST course for beginners can help any individual understand the GST concepts and open new gateways for a brighter future.
This article contains the top 8 GST courses for beginners in India.
What is GST?
The Goods and Services Tax was first passed on 29th March 2017 by the Parliament of India and came into effect on 1st July 2017.
Another name for GST is Goods and Service Tax. The GST is a value-added tax levied on most goods and services that are mainly sold for domestic use. The tax is mainly included in the final price paid by customers at the time of sale and is passed to the government. GST is introduced to replace other indirect taxes such as service tax, purchase tax, value-added tax, excise duty, and so on. It is one tax that is applied to all goods and services across India.
You may like to read: Goods and Services Tax: (GST): A Comprehensive Guide
Benefits and Career options after learning GST
There are many benefits of the GST Course. The important ones are listed below:
- It offers a good classroom environment to learn the content in a more defined way embedded with practical learning
- It enables a person to start his own GST consultancy services
- It helps to develop skills of taxation and finance system to different business professionals
- It helps in raising salary and add new stars to the resume
- It opens a gateway for new job opportunities
A good GST course can easily open new career opportunities to any individual keen to add new skills to grow in a job or business. Given below is the list of the top 8 GST courses for beginners in India.
Must Read: Top 10 Online GST Courses in India
Top GST Courses for Beginners in India
The online GST certification course provided by IIM skill is comprehensive and covers all the concepts in depth. It is well-designed to meet the industry standards and provides practical training along with theoretical knowledge.
The course starts from basic concepts on GST, followed by advanced concepts, and is concluded by practical training. This makes it convenient for fresher, students, retired personnel and housewives to take up this course to start or restart their careers.
This course covers every detail of current GST norms in detail that accounting and finance professionals or business owners or start-ups can take maximum benefit out of this course to take their jobs or business careers to a new height. In short, the IIM skills course will double your income and you will start making a profit in your profession or business, once you will finish the course. Thus, it is considered as one of the best GST courses for beginners in India.
- Module 1: The concept and Genesis of GST and its impact on business
- Module 2: The structure and Framework of GST
- Module 3: Registration under GST and its Process and Criteria
- Module 4: Invoicing in GST and its Rules and Regulation
- Module 5: GST returns filing
- Module 6: Composition Scheme under GST
- Module 7: Reverse Charge Mechanism
- Module 8: E-Way billing procedure under GST
- Module 9: Payment and Input Tax Credit in GST
Course details and key takeaways:
- 4 weeks of live online GST Course
- 16 hrs lectures
- Practical Assignments
- Freelance opportunities
- Placement Cell for career guidance
- Free E-Books
- Invoicing Tools and Software
Certification: Registered Certification with MSME
You may be interested to read: IIM skills GST Course review
IndigoLearn believes that learning can be made easy, fun, and enjoyable. They use technology visual effects and Data Analytics to make difficult concepts easy to learn. IndigoLearn team includes professionals, teachers, students, techies, and VFX specialists to make learning fun and enjoyable.
Here, the “GST course for beginners” was taught by CA Teja Shiva. This is a video learning course with limited time validity. Anyone interested in finance and accounting can take benefit out of it. From fresher to working professionals whoever is interested in learning GST, can join this course to become GST ready after the completion of the course.
- Introduction to GST
- Taxable Event – Supply
- Time of Supply
- Value of Supply
- Input Tax Credit
- Tax Invoice: Credit and Debit Notes
- Payment of Tax
Other courses offered:
- CA Foundation
- CA Inter
- CA Final
- CMA Foundation
- CMA Inter
- CS Exec
- CS Professional
- Mock Test Series
Also, walkthrough: 7 Best Certification Course by MSME
Taxguru offers courses both in a live format and self-paced format for GST certification. Here, the courses are taught by leading finance and business industry experts. The website covers the latest content on norms and regulations of finance and business background.
GST compliance course is a short-term compliance course, which is one of the best GST courses in India. The course is taught by Deepika Agrawal who is a practicing CA and had more than 10 years of industry experience. More details about the course are written below:
- How to apply for new registration, refund application, and GST return
- Reconciliation with GSTR-2A, GSTR-2B, Books, and 3B
- How to create E-invoice and E-way billing system
- How to submit responses to notices issued by the department?
- Payment system and How to download ledgers
- How to find a registered dealer on the GST portal and what information to look upon before dealing?
Other courses offered:
- Income Tax Compliance Course
- Advanced Excel Course
- Self-Learning Certification Course on GST
- Self-Learning Certification Course on Customs
- Self-Learning Certification Course on Income tax
Batches: Weekend evening batches are available
Certification: Certification by Taxguru is awarded
Also, learn about: Top 12 GST Certification Courses in Delhi NCR
Consultease is a marketplace for services. This platform provides interactions between businesses looking for help and consultants. This platform covers a list of consultants with good experience in their niche and shares their knowledge through right-ups.
This website has a blog section where different consultants share their knowledge from time to time. This website has different courses on various professional subjects that any individual can take according to the need.
This one of the top-class GST Courses for Beginners is designed for students from commerce backgrounds, start-ups, MSME business owners or anyone who wants to boost their career can join it. The course is taught by CA Shaifaly Girdharwal in Hindi. She is a GST consultant, Author, Trainer, and a famous You tuber.
This is a video learning course with limited time validity. In this course, concepts of GST are explained along with practical examples in Hindi to make it easy to understand for newcomers in this field.
- What is GST
- Levy, Exemptions, and supply
- Returns under GST
- Place of Supply
Key Benefits of the course:
- 12+ hrs of video content
- The entire course is in Hindi
- Certification of completion by Consultease
- No Exam
Check out the Top 10 GST Certification Courses in Bangalore
NIIT is a leading skill and development corporation set up in 1981 to help the IT industry to overcome its human resource challenges. Today, NIIT is among one of the leading training companies that have footprints in over 30 countries and offer training, and development solutions to Individuals, Enterprises, and various institutions.
The course taught by NIIT is “GST using Tally.ERP9” which covers all the major concepts of GST along with its implementation in Tally software. The combination of GST concepts and Tally makes this course unique.
Course Details and learnings:
- GST is taught from basic level
- Impact and Implementation of GST in the taxation system
- The course is designed and embedded along with Tally Online Certificate Exam
- The course includes 20 hrs of classroom training along with practice on data sets for better learning and increased grasping
Course Duration: 20 hrs
Course type: Classroom
Certification: NIIT GST Participation Certification
E–Certificate from Tally
It was founded by CA, Deepak Gupta. It offers various courses mainly related to finance and business backgrounds. You can find many short-term and long-term courses on StudyCafe. The short-term courses are for 2 to 7 days and the long-term mostly extends up to 30 days and more. StudyCafe offers many different types of GST courses. You can choose any course according to your need.
The one that is good for beginners is a “60 hrs certification course on GST, Income Tax, Tally Prime and Excel”. This course covers the GST in detail. This course is well-build including all the day to day financial skills needed in the corporate world. You can consider it as a considerate option fi you are looking for GST courses for beginners.
This course is 30 days long and will cover the following topics in-depth:
- General discussion, explanation, analysis, and application of all ITR- 1 to ITR-7 in detail
- Tax Audit Applicability and legal provision of Sec 44AB
- Form 3CA and applicability of SA 700
- Clause by clause analysis of points 1-44 of form 3CD
- Concepts and definitions under GST
- Concept of RCM and Levy and Collection of Tax
- Valuations, time of supply, and registration under GST
- Exports, imports, and refunds under GST
- GST return filling
- E-bills, penalties, and assessment
- Advance features and functions of excel in detail
- Fundamentals and all advanced features of tally in detail
- How to file GST returns from Tally and merge group companies in Tally
Certification: StudyCafe participation certification will be provided
Course recordings: Valid for 60 days
Duration: 30 days
Video content: 5 hours of video content valid for 30 days
- Online 10 days GST certification course weekend batch
- 50 hrs certification course on GST, Income Tax, Tally.ERP9 and Excel
- 2 days’ certification course on GSTR-9 and GSTR-9C
- GST certification course for beginners
- 12 days Certification course on filing tax audit reports and filing of ITR’S under income tax act
- 6 days’ course on Tax Audit under income tax act 1961
- 6 days’ certification course on the filing of ITR’s
- A-Z Certification course on investing in Cryptocurrencies
Also read: 7 best GST Certification Course in Lucknow
7.CA club India:
CA club India website was initially launched as a knowledge sharing and interactive platform for finance professionals and Taxpayers in September 1999. Later on with increasing popularity, it has covered the whole professional community and also started teaching different finance-related courses.
The CA club website provides lots of courses many short-term and long-term finance and business sector courses for professionals and also various courses for CA, CS, and other financial sector students.
You will find lots of GST courses on its website but for beginner level “Online Advanced GST Training and certification course” is one of the best. It is taught by CA Bimal Jain. This course will teach all the basic and advanced level concepts of GST along with practical knowledge.
Key learnings from the course:
- About Levy and supply under GST
- Taxable person and registration, Threshold limits, and more
- Time and value of supply
- Input Tax credit, place of supply for goods and services, and Zero-rated supply
- Tax invoice, Introduction to E-Invoicing under GST
- Existing return and New GST Return system under GST and E-way billing system
- Clause by Clause filing of annual GST return
- Inspection, seizure, and arrest under GST norms
- Advance Ruling under GST and Appeal, Revision, offense, and penalty in GST
- Q & A session on intricacies in supply, deemed supply, cross charges vs. ISD, intricacies in time of supply, and GST ITC, etc.
Course Duration: 45 days
Course material: 61 hrs videos for 2-month access
Vskills is one of the largest certification organizations managed by Cubezoid Solutions. It has many courses to learn new skills. Candidates use Vskills certifications programs to perform better in jobs and businesses. The certification body is affiliated with various organizations and is managed by IIM Alumni professionally.
Tests are conducted in a secure manner and certificates are awarded based on the merits. Vskills certifications help students and employees to learn new skills that are valued by employers and are in demand. Thus, without a doubt, it is one of the best GST courses for beginners to kick-start their GST career.
Key learnings from the course:
- Taxation and GST basics
- GST Administration
- GST Registration
- GST Payment
- GST Accounting or Record Keeping
- GST and Law
- GST in other countries
- Government certification with a lifetime validity
- Learning time is 28 hours
- Lifetime e-learning access
- “Vskills Certified” tag on Monsterindia.com and Shine.com
You may like to read: Top 10 Credible GST Certification Courses in Nagpur
More Courses from IIM SKILLS
GST or Goods and Service Tax is the newly developed indirect tax system that will replace many indirect taxations by merging state and central taxes. Currently, every single business needs to follow GST norms. This brings a huge opportunity for people who had GST knowledge and filing skills.
A good GST course will help students, fresher, and finance or accounting professionals to move ahead in their career. Different career options will on knock your door if you have good practical and theoretical knowledge of GST. You can choose from the best GST courses for beginners list mentioned above.