Business Accounting and Taxation Course Information
The Internet plays a pivotal role in our lives. Development in technology has transformed our lives to such an extent that we cannot imagine our life without it. Similarly, the methodology of teaching and learning has undergone a remarkable change. In this article, we are going to provide you with a complete guide to business accounting and taxation course information in detail. This field of education like any other course has undergone a huge change in its methodology. Let’s get started.
What is Business Accounting and Taxation Course?
Business Accounting and Taxation Course is a program designed for interested commerce and non-commerce graduates who aspire to get a high-paying job. It is based on applied learning where you can acquire knowledge along with practical hands-on experience to make you an industry-ready professional.
This course has a high prospect in terms of career. It provides the aspirants with fundamental knowledge in taxation, financing, payroll policies, indirect taxation, auditing, analysis, etc. Business Accounting and Taxation Course is a certified academic course that usually is a 6-month program. To understand better the Business Accounting and Taxation course information, let us learn by fragmenting the course into two different parts Business Accounting and Taxation.
Business Accounting is a field that follows the process of keeping a track of all business-related operations. In this process, the financial documents go through the process of evaluation, documentation, and interpretation.
Accounting in simpler terms means maintaining a systematic record of a business‘s financial information that involves profit and loss, income, expenditure, and further interpretation of these records to gain meaningful insight into the company’s financial performance. Therefore, Business Accounting is the process that follows the method of auditing all the economic transactions in a business.
The term Taxation’ is an act of collection of fees by a taxing authority. Taxation is one of those practices which are followed by all the governments worldwide. The entire process of Taxation involves levying charges on individuals or citizens of the respective countries, a group of individuals, and companies so that they can generate revenue that can further be used for the developmental activities in the country.
Tax is collected through different means like property, selling of stock and homes, transactions, income, capital gains, corporate, and inheritance. Hence, this article deals with detailed Business Accounting and Taxation Course information.
Benefits of BAT Course
Business Accounting and Taxation has gained immense popularity and so is the urge to opt for this course by a lot of aspirants. Following are the reasons why you should be pursuing the BAT Course:
- It provides students with technical knowledge of Accounting.
- The course designed by experts helps in mentoring the candidates pursuing the course to enter the field of Accounting and Taxation. This course was introduced keeping in mind the increasing demand for accountants.
- You will also learn about financial reporting and auditing opening more career paths in commerce.
- The key aspects o Business Accounting and Taxation include ERP software, SAP, MIS reporting, QuickBooks, payrolls, auditing, Goods and Service Tax, and so on.
- Providing both theatrical and practical knowledge makes u job-ready by the end of the course.
- Learn about Business Tax and Income Tax.
- You will be provided with intensive and interactive training both.
- Certification after the completion of the course.
Scope of Business Accounting and Taxation Course
You must be wondering whether there is a bright future for you in Auditing and Taxation. The answer to this is a YES! YES! YES! There is a huge scope for getting a high-paid job once you excel in this field. After completing the course there are a lot of opportunities waiting for you in this field.
You can take up jobs both in the private and government sector. Here we are going to Business Accounting and Taxation Course information related to different career options you have. Being an expert you can even opt for teaching jobs in colleges and universities.
You can opt for different jobs based on your qualification and interest such as different government and private organizations, business banking sectors, colleges and universities, economic companies, etc. A candidate who specializes in Business Accounting and Taxation courses can pursue the following as a career:
- Accounting Assistant
- Accounting Manager
- Accounting Supervisor
- Junior Accountant
- Senior Accountant
- Auditing Assistant
- Tax Assistant
- Tax Manager
- Accounting administrator
Also Read About Small Business Accounting Software
Role of Tax Accountant
Among the major career profiles that are mentioned above after a BAT course is the position of Tax Accountant. It is one of the highly demanded as well as rewarded options one can explore. Following are the key roles and responsibilities a Tax Accountant has to follow:
- Guiding with the best possible business plans, investment opportunities, and many other strategies beneficial for the firm.
- The responsibility of filing and submitting tax-related documents for the financial year.
- Calculating the income tax returns of the company and keeping a check so that they are paid on a timely basis.
Advise the company’s board of directors and help those in decision-making related to Finance and Tax Management.
Eligibility Criteria for BAT Course
Business Accounting and Taxation Course is a recently developed course. Most people are not aware of the eligibility required to enroll in the course. Eligibility Criteria is another important aspect under Business Accounting and Taxation Course information.
Each institution has its own set of rules and most demanding for a commerce background candidate. In general, the basic criteria required for pursuing BAT Course is 10+2 for some institutions while for some it is a graduation degree.
You should have a basic knowledge related to computers. Fresh graduates can opt for this course to build their careers in the field of Business Accounting and Taxation Course. Those who are already working can pursue the course and upgrade their job profile and streamline their goals to get better job opportunities.
Duration of BAT Course
The duration of the Business Accounting and Taxation Course differs based on the type of course and from institution to institution. In general, the duration of the BAT course ranges from 1 – to a month. The completion of the BAT course also depends on how regular a candidate is. If a candidate is regular and completes all the modules and assignments in a given period he will complete them within the due course of time mentioned by the institution.
BAT Course Salary Range
Based on your skills and experience the average salary of a candidate who is certified in Business Accounting and Taxation is 3 lakhs to 10 lakhs. The salary estimation also depends on the job role you are going to take up.
Here is a guide to Bookkeeping and Accountancy
In Business Accounting and Taxation Course information, we are going to give you an insight into the Curriculum. The basic topics covered in Business Accounting and Taxation Course are as follows:
- Accounting and its Basics: The term Accounting is the science of recording, classifying, and reporting financial transactions. The real purpose of an accounting system is to record and report.
- Taxation and its Types: You will get to know about the other half of the course. Taxation as a term means collecting revenues for public goods and services.
Taxation is the process of extracting value from an economy and distributing it to the taxpayers. In India, taxes are imposed on different sources of income. Income tax is one of the common taxes levied by the government. The taxation system in India is divided into state and central taxation.
Central taxation is the tax that is imposed by the central government which includes VAT (Value added Tax) and the GST (Good and Services Tax). On the other hand, State Taxation is the taxation imposed by the state government which includes sales tax and the entertainment tax. Each kind of taxation has its own set of rules and regulations to follow.
- The Fundamentals of Income-tax: In BAT Course, you will learn about the purpose of income tax to ensure that the resources of the country are used to their best and all the people of the country are provided with equal opportunities. Various types of taxes are imposed on the citizens and these taxes are called indirect taxes.
- Goods and Service Tax: GST is one of the important changes introduced in the realm of taxes. In your BAT course, you will learn about the GST laws and their different types in detail. Goods and Services Tax is a single tax imposed on goods and services. It was introduced by the government to simplify the tax system in India and reduced the burden on the common people.
- Tally and its usage: For all kinds of businesses from small to medium the end-to-end solution is Tally. Tally provides you with a comprehensive accounting and management suite that helps businesses to manage their accounting, inventory, payroll, customer relationship, and ERP tasks. A Tally is a type of bookkeeping record of all the transactions made in the company.
- Concept of Auditing: An audit is a process of checking and evaluating the financial statements of an organization or a business. This process follows a systematic examination of the accounting records of a company to check whether the financial statements are formulated as per the laws of the country.
- Concept of Tax Audit: A tax audit’s job is to collect data about a business or an organization and these data are again presented to the government. Their purpose is to determine the due tax. The tax auditor needs to have prior knowledge about the history of the business, the financial records of the business, and also about the legal and accounting principles that govern the business.
- Busy Software: You will be learning about this ‘busy software’ during your BAT Course. This software is used to automate accounting and bookkeeping. It can be used to manage financial reports and accounts.
- Payroll and its Components: You will learn about Payroll which is a significant module in the BAT course duration. Payroll is a process of paying salaries and wages to the employees of an organization or a business. In a payroll, an employee’s salary is paid by deducting the amount that comes in through the sale of goods and services.
This money that is left is known as payroll. So the purpose of payroll is keeping a track of money going in and out of the business. The different components of payroll are salary, wages, and benefits which you will know in this BAT Course. You will also learn about the concepts of Gross Salary, Net Salary, Ad- hoc Pay, and long-term benefits.
- The concept of Tax Deduction: There is a compulsory tax deducted from your salary by your employer which is called TDS. It is part of both state and central government tax deduction.
- Provident Fund: An insurance policy made available with a positive balance is known as Provident Fund which you are going to learn about in the BAT course.
Recommended Read: Business Accounting and Taxation Courses in Delhi
Advantages and Disadvantages of a BAT Course
To get more insights into the Business Accounting and Taxation Course information we are going to discuss the advantages and disadvantages of BAT courses. There are various advantages of a BAT Course:
- Firstly, you get an insight into the inner workings of a business.
- It helps you understand how your decision affects the company as a whole.
- You get to understand the different processes of working at a firm through an internship program.
- You get hands-on experience and become industry-ready.
BAT Course too has certain disadvantages. They are as follows:
- The first and foremost disadvantage of the BAT Course is its cost. These courses are generally expensive, not all learners can afford the tuition fees of the course.
- This course is only limited to the aspirants who want to pursue their career in business as BAT is a business-related course.
Top 3 Institutes Providing Complete Business Accounting and Taxation Course Information
It is important also to give information about the institutions that offer BAT courses when we discuss Business Accounting and Taxation Course information. Following are some best institutions for BAT.
1. IIM Skills
Name of the Course: Master BAT Course
Duration of the Course: 4 months
Course fee: Rs.49,900
IIM Skills provides you with one of the best Business Accounting and Taxation courses in India that helps you in learning both the language and rules of business through Accounting and Taxation respectively. With this master’s course, you will learn to take the right risk for your business.
Highlights of the Course: After going through thorough research, the course is curated by experts into a six-module structure formula. Each module covers the entire concept related to each section. It helps the candidates to get a clear concept of each topic given in the module and is also easy to grasp.
For more Business Accounting and Taxation Course Information, you can visit: www.iimskills.com
EduPristine is considered one of the best institutions for Business Accounting and Taxation courses. Having completed 10+ years in training the aspirants, it has become one of the trusted organizations in India.
Name of the Course: PGP-BAT
Duration of the Course: 5 months
Course Fee: The total fee of the course is calculated based on the modules chosen by the candidates.
Highlights of the Course: The course consists of 9 modules which include basics of accounting, Accounting in Tally, Income Tax, Goods and Services Tax, etc. You can opt for any module of your choice according to the job requirement. In case you opt for a minimum of 6 modules, you get an offer of complimentary soft skill training.
For more Business Accounting and Taxation Course Information you can log in: www.eduprisine.com
Recommended Read: Business Accounting and Taxation Courses in Mumbai
3. APG Learning
The course offered by APG Learning for Business Accounting and Taxation Course includes basics of accounting and Taxation as well as knowledge of digital technology including practical knowledge of excel and MIS.
Name of the Course: Certificate Course in BAT
Duration of the Course: 2 months
Course Fee: 12000 INR (including all taxes)
Highlights of the course: The BAT course designed by APG Learning is divided into 5 modules – industrial accounting, tally, direct taxation, payroll, and its components, goods, and services tax, Excel, and MIS.
For more Business Accounting and Taxation Course Information you can log in: www.apglearning.in
Q1. Do we need to have a commerce background to apply for Business Accounting and Taxation Course?
Most of the institutes ask for a commerce background for getting admission in the course. Some institutes may allow candidates of non-commerce background too. You can also go through Business Accounting and Taxation Course information provided at different websites.
Q2. Can the BAT course be opted for after completing the 12th?
Yes, we can apply for the BAT course after completing 12. It is the best decision to apply for a professional course and get trained to get a well-paid job.
Q3. Can I get a well-paid job after completing the BAT course?
Yes, definitely if you are skilled enough and have good knowledge and experience you will land a good job with a good package after completing the BAT course. You just need to have industry-based skills and proper in-depth knowledge of what you have learned in the BAT Course.
The world of business along with technology is evolving day by day. This has led to the increasing demand for accountants to look after the business accounts. The business Accounting and Taxation courses train students on how to use complex accounting and manage the financial side of small businesses. Taxation too is becoming complex with many implementations made by the government. This requires complete knowledge of taxation as the concept of taxation has also become complex and business requires keeping a check whether the tax is paid efficiently or not.
Hence we need experts who are going to look after the departments efficiently. Business Accounting and Taxation Courses have come up with a detailed curriculum by experts and professionals who have curated the course keeping the need of the hour. The courses train the aspirants to deal with present time challenges that come along the way of business be it big or small as well as our daily life. So, here we bind up the guide to business accounting and taxation course information.