Top Professional Finance Courses For Career Growth
Finance Industry is regarded as one of the strongest pillars of the economy. Today, the finance industry is growing at a light speed which results in the demand for skilled and expert finance professionals. Every organisation, industry, company, financial institution, and government corporation hires finance experts such as financial analysts, financial planners, investment bankers, tax consultants and many more professionals according to the requirement of the concerned organisation. This article will open a gateway to unlocking the world of financial opportunities. Imagine being equipped with the knowledge, skills, and certifications that not only enhance your expertise but also propel your career to new heights. In this article, we will explore the top 6 types of Professional Finance Courses available which help learners to equip and develop the necessary skills and knowledge related to finance and together we will explore how these courses can elevate your finance career and open doors to exciting opportunities. Get ready to embark on a journey where we learn pivotal things regarding Professional Finance Courses.
Table of Content
- Introduction to Professional Finance Courses
- Top 6 Professional Finance Courses
- Career Opportunities after Professional Finance Courses
- List of top Institutes Offering Professional Finance Courses
- Frequently Asked Questions
Introduction to Professional Finance Course
Professional Finance Courses are study programs where an individual who wants to become an expert in the field of the finance industry can pursue the courses. These finance courses help learners gain significant knowledge and develop essential skills regarding the specific course. There are many professional courses available in the finance industry and individuals have the freedom to select their course according to their area of interest, course duration, career opportunities regarding the specific course and a variety of other factors. In the next topic of the article, you are going to explore the top six professional courses in finance which an individual can pursue to build a successful career in the finance industry.
Top 6 Professional Finance Courses
There are numerous and multiple kinds of professional finance courses in which individuals who are interested in building their career in the finance industry, can pursue these courses to get comprehensive knowledge of finance along with its aspects. Here mentioned the list of the top 6 professional studies in finance that one may choose to pursue.
- 3 Statement Financial Model
- Types Of Financial Advisors
- Financial Consultancy Firms in India
- Investment Banker Profile
- Transaction Advisory Services
- Who is A Financial Advisor
- Investment Banker Profile
- Investment Advisory Services
- Investment Banking Business Model
- Commercial Banking vs Investment Banking
- Financial Modeling Books
- Where To Learn Financial Modeling
Financial Modeling Course (FMVC)
Today, many business organisations irrespective of their business size along with multinational companies, industries, corporations and financial institutions are working on complex financial models to achieve their desired objectives. As a result, there is a growing demand for expert professionals who can assist them in developing or managing intricate financial models. Financial Modeling & Valuation Course (FMVC) has emerged as one of the most popular programs under professional finance courses that finance-interested individuals or enthusiasts can pursue globally. The main objective of this course is to train learners with the necessary skills and knowledge who are looking forward to pursuing a successful career in the finance industry. Many prominent and acclaimed institutes are offering comprehensive courses on financial modeling with a deep understanding of financial modelling techniques & valuation methodologies. With the help of this course, participants are able to learn or gain extensive theoretical and practical knowledge of valuation methods, analysis of financial statements that include the balance sheet, income statement and cash flow along with receiving specialised training in building complex financial models
- Individuals should have completed (10+2) education.
- Individuals who are pursuing graduation & freshers graduate can also apply.
- Individuals who are seeking other professional courses such as CA, CPA and CFA may also apply.
Note: Eligibility criteria may vary according to different institutes that are offering Financial Modeling & Valuation Courses.
- Introduction to Basic & Advance Excel
- Understanding the concept of Ribbon
- Learning Excel Functions & Shortcuts
- Understanding the rule of Conditional Formatting
- Concept of Data Validation & Data Presentation
- Working on Tables, charts, bars, graphs & diagrams
- Understanding Sensitivity & Uncertainty Analysis
- Introduction to Iterative Calculation & Circular Referencing
- Introduction to What-if Analysis
- Introduction to Accounting Concepts & Financial Statements
- Understanding Ratio & KPI Analysis
- Introduction to Financial Modeling
- Types & Structures of Financial Modeling
- Introduction to Business Valuation
- Types of Business Valuation
The course duration depends upon the specific institute however the average duration ranges between 3 to 6 months.
The average fees for financial modeling & valuation courses may range from INR 10,000 to INR 50,000. However, the course fees also depend upon different institutes.
When it comes to professional finance courses, one cannot overlook the importance of the Business Accounting & Taxation Course (BAT). This course emerged as one of the most demanding skills which is essential in many business organisations and industries that offer or open the doors for abundant career opportunities. Today, many organisations and industries are looking forward to hiring professionals with expertise in business accounting & taxation to enhance their business financial or operational productivity and seeking help along with guidance in managing tax-related matters efficiently. This course is meticulously designed in a way that helps students to equip relevant knowledge and crucial skills by providing comprehensive education on multiple concerning topics including a deep understanding of accounting principles and practice along with extensive coverage of various types of taxation methods, laws, and regulations. By enrolling in this course, students gain the necessary education to analyze business accounting records and handle taxation matters proficiently
- Graduation is must required by individuals in commerce-related fields, for example, b.com/bba etc.
- This course application is also open for finance professionals who desire to upgrade their knowledge and skills.
- Introduction to Accounting & Tally
- Concept of Accounting Standards
- Understanding Tally Software Advance Tally ERP9 & Tally Prime
- Understanding Advance Accounting in Tally
- Introduction to GST
- Understanding of all GST Methods
- Learning GST with Tally
- Concept of GST Filing
- Introduction to TDS
- Learning TDS with Tally
- Concept of TDS Filing
- Introduction to Payroll
- Understanding Payroll with Tally
- Introduction to Income Tax
- Learning Income Tax with Tally
- Concept of Income Tax E-Filing
- Understanding Advance Excel
- Introduction to MIS Reporting & Financials
The course duration depends upon the specific institute however the average duration ranges between 4 to 6 months.
The course fees can vary according to specific institutes but average fees start from a minimum of 4,000 INR to 25,000 INR & Above.
Introduced in 2017 by the central government of India, the Goods and Services Tax (GST) is an indirect tax regime that replaced multiple indirect taxes with a unified tax system. Since its implementation, many business organisations irrespective of business size and industry have recognized and accepted the need to hire professional experts who can manage GST-related matters proficiently. GST Practioner Certification Course is one the leading and most demanding professional courses available in the financial education market. This course is designed to provide comprehensive education and proper guidance to many individuals who are seeking to build their career in the Taxation domain of the finance field. By enrolling in the GST Practioner Certification course, students would gain significant knowledge and skills to become competent as well as proficient in GST compliance assisting various businesses and taxpayers in fulfilling GST obligations
- Eligibility Criteria for GST Practioner Certification Course depend upon different institutes.
- General Eligibility: (10+2) & for some institutes (10+2+3)
- Having a Graduation Degree in commerce or a law-related field consider plus point.
- Introduction to Goods & Service Tax
- Learning Type of GST
- Understanding Various Aspects of GST
- Concept of GST Structure & Framework
- Meaning & Understanding of Supply in GST
- Understanding Registration Criteria under GST
- Invoicing rules & regulations under GST
- Concept of GST filing & return
- Introduction to Composition Scheme under GST
- Understanding Reserve Charge Mechanism
- Introduction to E-way Bill under GST
- Input Tax Credit & Payment under GST
Generally, this course duration may range from a few weeks to several months according to the course curriculum of specific institutes.
6,000 INR to 30,000 INR & Above
Chartered Accountant (CA)
Chartered Accountants is considered one of the most renowned professional designations an individual can get after completing his rigorous study on the subject of accounting and finance. This course is also one of the toughest and most lengthy professional finance courses in the industry of finance because they have to become experts in the field of accounting, auditing, cost management, financial laws, financial management and more. A Chartered Accountant (CA) is responsible to play a pivotal role in ensuring the accuracy, transparency, authenticity and integrity of financial information in businesses and organisations along with their clients. They are contributed to maintaining or validating the financial statements according to accounting standards, laws, rules and regulations while helping their clients or employer in strategic planning to support decision-making processes and promoting the financial success of concerned parties. To become a Chartered Accountant (CA) individuals must possess a keen interest in finance or demonstrate their genuine enthusiasm for the subject matter because this course requires more than just a desire, you have to wholly dedicate yourself to crack this course. The CA course is designed to provide individuals with comprehensive education and training. It equips them with a deep understanding of accounting principles, financial reporting, auditing, taxation, business laws, and other relevant areas. After passing all examinations and completing training or apprenticeship under a certified Chartered Accountant then individuals registered or designate themselves as CA.
- Is Financial Modeling A Good Career Option
- Investment Banking Financial Modeling
- Financial Modeling Interview Questions
- Financial Modeling Best Practices
- Financial Modeling Terms
- Financial Modeling Career Path
- Financial Intermediaries
- Individuals after completing their (10+2) can give Common Proficiency Test (CPT) consider as an enter-level to become Chartered Accountant.
- Individuals after completing their graduation with 55% (Commerce) or 60% (arts or science) should have studied any 3 commerce-related subjects like Accounting, Auditing, Economics, Corporate Law, Taxation, etc. can directly appear for Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC), second level to become Chartered Accountant.
The course curriculum is divided according to the examination format. Below I explain the format which help you to understand the syllabus of the course.
Foundation Course Curriculum (CPT):
- Introduction to Principles & Practice of Accounting
- Understanding Business Laws, Business Correspondence & Reporting
- Introduction to Business Mathematics & Logical Reasoning
- Learning Statistics
- Introduction to Business Economics
- Understanding Business & Comercial Knowledge
Intermediate Course Curriculum (IPCC):
- Introduction to Advanced Accounting
- Understanding Corporate laws
- Introduction to Cost & Management Accounting
- Introduction to Taxation
- Concept of Auditing & Assurance
- Introduction to Enterprise Information System
- Concept of Strategic Management
- Introduction to Financial Management
- Concept of Economics for Finance
Final Course Curriculum:
- Introduction to Advance Financial Reporting
- Introduction to Strategic Financial Management
- Concept of Advance Auditing & Professional Ethics
- Introduction to Strategic Cost Management
- Elective Papers
The average course duration would take 3-3.5 years. However, the duration also depends upon the individual capacity to grasp knowledge and crack the exam. Some students can take an average time period whereas some students take more than the average time period.
Course Average Fees:
The course fees are depended upon the institutes that are providing education on Chartered Accountancy. However, the average fees range from 1.5 Lakh INR to 2.5 Lakh INR per annum.
Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
The Certified Financial Planner (CFP) is considered one of the globally recognized and most prestigious professional finance courses available in the industry of finance education. This program focuses on the study in the field of financial planning which is specifically designed for individuals who aspire to pursue a successful career as a financial planner. Individuals who are looking forward to becoming competent and expert financial planners are required to possess a certain set of skills and significant education related to the subject matter. By enrolling in the certified financial planner (CFP) course, students can gain in-depth knowledge and understanding of financial planning along with its principles and techniques. This course serves as a pathway for individuals to excel as financial planners, ensuring they are well-equipped to meet the diverse needs of their clients. The globally recognized nature of the CFP certification enhances credibility and trust in the financial planning industry
There are two paths which serve as eligibility criteria for the Certified Financial Planner course.
- Candidates after completing (10+2) or pursuing a bachelor’s degree in any discipline apply for CFP by registering at the NSE website for the examination.
- Candidates must have to appear for all four NSE examinations.
- Candidates who passed all four NSE examinations are qualified or eligible to appear in the fifth and last examination for CFP certification.
- The second pathway is referred to as the experience way in which the candidate must be a graduate and have at least a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience in the finance industry in order to appear and take the final exam to obtain CFP certification.
- Introduction to Financial Planning
- Understanding Ethics & Professional Responsibility
- Introduction to Financial Mathematics & Calculation
- Understanding Risk Analysis & Insurance Planning
- Introduction to Retirement Planning & Employee Benefits
- Learning the Methods of Investment Planning
- Concept of Tax Planning & Calculation
- Introduction to Estate Planning
- Concept of Advance Financial Planning
The average fees of the CFP course may start from 30,000 INR – 70,000 INR. However, it may vary according to specific course providers.
Chartered Financial Analyst
The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) is regarded as one of the most esteemed and globally recognized professional finance course that is available for every finance enthusiast and professional who desire to enhance their expertise along with credentials in core financial subjects like financial analysis, wealth planning and investment management. Generally, individuals who have a background in finance, economics, accounting, business and finance-related field pursue the CFA program. The course is designed in a comprehensive way that makes students cover and focused on multiple topics in finance including understanding in-depth knowledge of investment or portfolio management, financial analysis along with reporting, financial ethics, equity and fixed-income investments along with practical knowledge or skills. The course also emphasizes real-world application and equips candidates with the ability to make informed investment decisions and effectively manage investment portfolios.
- Candidates must have completed their graduation (finance-related field is a plus point) or candidates who are in their final year of graduation are eligible to apply for registration.
- Candidates who have qualified professional work experience or a combination of four-year work+colledge experience are also eligible for registration.
- Candidates should be eligible to take exams in the English language.
- Candidates must have valid international travel passports.
The curriculum of the Chartered Financial Analyst course is divided into three major levels. Let us explore the curriculum in the following points.
Level – 1:
- Introduction to Ethics and Professional Standards
- Introduction to Quantitative Methods Leverages in Investment Analysis
- Economics (Micro & Macro)
- Understanding Financial Reporting & Analysis
- Introduction to Corporate Finance & Equity Investments
- Introduction to Portfolio Management
- Fixed Income and Derivatives
- Concept of Alternative Management
Level – 2:
- Introduction to Ethical & Professional Standards
- Use of Advanced Quantitative Methods
- In-depth learning of economics
- Understanding Corporate Finance in Detail
- Learning Financial Statement Analysis
- Advanced Concept of Equity Investment, Derivatives & Fixed-Income Investment
- Learning portfolio management & Wealth Planning
Level – 3:
- Introduction to Behavioural Finance
- Introduction to Private Wealth Management
- Concept of Institutional Investors
- Understanding Captial Market Expectations & Assets Allocations
- Introduction to Equity Portfolio Management
- Concept of Risk Management
- Introduction to Alternative Investment & Real-estate
- Learning Execution, Monitoring, and Rebalancing of Investment Strategy
The CFA course program is generally completed between 1.5 to 4-5 years. However, individuals who are pursuing CFA courses are allowed to progress at their own pace because there are no specific time limits.
50,000 INR to 2,25,000 INR & Above (Can vary to different institutes)
Career Opportunities after Professional Finance Courses
There are numerous career opportunities are available for candidates who completed their specific professional finance courses. In the above topic, we learned about the top 6 professional courses that are popular and demeaning in the realm of the finance industry. Let us now explore the top ten career opportunities with high financial rewarding luxury.
- Investment Banking Analyst
- Financial Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Investment Portfolio Manager
- Chief Risk Officer
- Corporate Manager
- Financial Software Developer
- Financial Planner
- Tax Consultant
- Mergers & Acquisition Specialist (M&A)
Apart from these, there are multiple career options with enormous career advancement and progression opportunities that are accessible in the finance industry. Individuals consider their career goals, areas of interest, curriculum, reputation, industry recognition, course fees, and flexibility of study when choosing the right professional finance course to achieve their desired profession in the industry
List of Top Institutes Offering Professional Finance Courses
A good institute whether offline or offline is necessary to learn essential education regarding any courses individuals are pursuing. Individuals who are looking forward to budding a successful career in the finance industry also required a genuinely renowned platform or institute to gain significant knowledge skills and training regarding their choice of courses. In this section of the article, we are going to learn about globally famous institutes that are offering professional finance courses
- IIM SKILLS
- Indian Institute of Finance Planning
- IMS PRO School
- Financial Modeling Institute
- Wall Street Prep
- Investopedia Academy
- Aldine CA
- CFA Institute
- Henry Harvin
- BSE Institute Limited
This is a list of the top 10 institutes or online platforms that offer comprehensively designed curriculum which helps numerous students in gaining the required knowledge whether they want to study financial modeling & valuations, business accounting taxation, GST practitioner certification course or whatever they aspire to. Individuals must explore the necessary details before choosing a particular institute.
Professional Finance Courses are helping many individuals in today’s financial career-driven world. Through this article, we have explored the top six types of professional courses in finance along with their curriculum, eligibility criteria, cousres duration and average fees for an individual who aspires to pursue or build and establish a professional career in the industry of finance. The finance industry is a vast & diverse field with many finance enthusiasts and professionals desiring to control & conquer the financial world through their extensive knowledge & skills. I hope that my article would help individuals who are seeking ways to choose their course and build a successful career in their selected finance domain. I also mentioned the top 10 career opportunities which an individual can achieve after completion of their desired course along with a list of the top 10 institutes that are offering professional courses in finance worldwide.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: Is Finance considered a good career option?
Answer: Yes, individuals who are interested in finance or related subjects can pursue their careers in the finance industry. Today, a career in finance is a great choice because it is one of the financially rewarding-career options available for all finance enthusiasts.
Question: Which finance jobs are regarded as high-paying finance jobs?
Answer: There are many renowned and popular high-paying finance jobs available in the finance industry including investment baker, chartered financial analyst, hedge fund manager, chief risk officer, chief financial officer and more. Individuals who want to become financial experts and desire to secure high-paying finance jobs must have to pursue courses which help them gain significant knowledge & skills associated with the subject matter.
Question: Are professional finance courses available online?
Answer: Yes, there are many recognised and famous online institutes or platforms offering professional courses in finance to individuals who are looking for and seeking finance courses to study remotely at their own pace. Today online platforms are providing comprehensive study programs with interactive learning through flexible user-interface.