Top 11 Accounting Taxation Courses in India
Accounting Taxation Courses enables learners to upgrade their skills and qualification to build a career in Accounting Finance and Taxation sectors. Students will get acquainted with the subjects of Accounting, Taxation, Payroll, Business Administration, Applied Economics, and Finance in this full-time one-year course. Some institutes are providing short-duration certification courses also such as 3 to 4 months. Depending on the requirement students can choose. Seeing the current situation of Covid, most of the institutes are providing online classes. Now learners are having the opportunity to get certification from their best institute while sitting at home.
Tax accounting refers to the application of accounting methods that relate to taxes and not to the public appearance of financial statements. Tax accounting is regulated by Internal Revenue Code, which prescribes the distinct rules that companies and individuals must abide by whilst preparing their tax returns and tax payments. The entities and individuals who do not fall under the tax regime must participate in tax accounting. Tax accounting is essential to monitor the movement of funds associated with individuals, companies, and other entities.
What is Tax Accounting?
A tax accounting is a tool of accounting that is used to calculate tax liability on income. It is being utilized by individuals, corporations, and other entities.
- Tax accounting is the process of preparing tax returns and planning for future taxable years of individuals, companies, and other entities. It focuses on transactions affecting the tax calculations and checks the accuracy of tax payable and documents prepared.
- Tax calculation principles generally differ from accounting principles (GAAP)
- Accounting for tax purposes for individuals involves income, discounts for charitable contributions, investments, receipts, and payments.
- Accounting for tax calculations for a business is more complex, with great scrutiny of funds outflow and inflow, analysis of the funds which are being spent and what is or is not to be taxable
- Even in instances where individuals and other entities are not falling under the tax regime must be accounted for tax. This is because most organizations must file annual returns. They are accountable for providing information regarding any incoming funds such as grants, and charitable contributions as well as how the funds are booked or adjusted during the business operation. This information is essential to ensure that the organization adheres to laws and regulations governing the proper operation of a tax-exempt entity.
Opportunities in Accounting and Taxation
- Filing tax returns is essential for everyone.
- Given the complex and certain nature of the tax, tax accountants will always be in demand.
- A tax accountant must have strong analytical, planning, and calculation skills.
- Tax accounting careers have a variety of job titles, including tax preparer, audit manager, personal tax accountant, and corporate controller.
- Tax Preparer-
A tax preparer is a professional that is responsible for preparing and filing your taxes and signing income tax returns on behalf of individuals and organizations. They can also represent taxpayers while scrutinization of tax returns. A tax preparation professional will first interview you about your retirement or employment, your source of income, and whether you have dependents, exemptions, and discounts.
This provides the preparer with a clear picture of your financial situation. More than half of taxpayers hire a professional tax preparer in springtime. Taxpayers trust these professionals and share their personal and sensitive information such as their marriage, their income, their children, and their social security figure.
- Audit Manager–
The audit manager is accountable for organizing and managing internal audits as per audit plans. The responsibilities of audit managers include supervising the process of audits, making recommendations on policies, and scrutinizing that the organization fulfills international and governmental obligations of compliance.
- Tax Accountant
Tax accountants are professionals who are responsible for preparing tax returns for individuals, companies, and other entities. They also coordinate with their clients in the preparation of necessary tax documents. Tax accountants analyze and complete tax forms and advice their clients on how to reduce tax liability.
- Corporate Controller
Corporate controllers oversee all accounting and financial methods at companies. They are responsible for establishing and implementing financial policies, determining financial risks, and preparing annual budgets and forecasts.
Duties of Corporate Controller:
- Oversee financial decisions by processing and monitoring policies and procedures.
- Analyzing and improving financial controls and tax return procedures.
- Evaluating and defining balance sheets, income statements, cash flow, and liabilities.
- Operating internal audits and financial risk assessments and facilitating intervention strategies.
- Making annual budgets, estimates, and reports, in addition to verifying journal entries and account reconciliation.
- Observing closing-related works, invoicing, assets and liabilities items, reimbursements, and payroll administration.
- Advising to increase returns on investments and enhancing closing, and reporting cycles.
- Monitoring financial and accounting staff and evaluating their performance on profits.
- Ensuring documentation and compliance with financial management and regulations.
A tax accountant’s salary depends on the work experience accountants. Freshers’ salary is generally low. Degree and certification also play a pivotal role in salary structure. If a person holds a master’s degree in finance and accounting and has a good amount of experience in his work, would get high remuneration.
Eligibility of Tax Accountant
A bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in finance and accounting is required for becoming a tax professional. Many attain diplomas also in accounting or economics.
Also Read: Accounting Interview Questions Answers
Certification and Growth
A certificate course in accounting taxation is available in various institutions. The course duration is generally 1 to 6 months. The eligibility for certification course is possessing a bachelor’s degree in either stream of commerce/accounting/economics or any equivalent examination with aggregate marks of 50% and above from any recognized university.
Admission for the certificate courses is purely based on merit obtained in qualifying examinations. The course includes principles and methods of accounting, taxation, Auditing, VAT system, and Calculation of GST, and its various branches. The course fee for the certification program in finance and accounting ranges from ₹2000 to ₹ 12000 for 6 months. With the help of a certification, program candidates will have the opportunity to explore taxation, accounting, and finance.
Certificate Course in Accounting and Taxation- Course Gist
|Requirement||Possessing a minimum bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or commerce with 50% marks and above from a recognized university|
|Course Fee||₹2000 to ₹12000|
|Salary Estimation||INR 2 to 7 lacs per annum|
|Top Hiring Companies||EY, Real Estate Financing, Budget Analysis, PWC, etc.|
|Job positions||Accountant, Finance Manager, Tax Auditor, Tax accountant, etc.|
Tax filing is a necessary element in every country. The cyclical nature of the economy affects the tax system, which is why tax professionals are always in high demand irrespective of their experience and area of specialization. Tax accountants also have various overseas opportunities. Mostly Multinational companies are hiring for positions that include but are not limited to tax auditors, personal tax accountants, accountants, and tax consultants.
Top 11 Accounting Taxation courses in India
1. IIM Skills
In the Ed-Tech world, IIM Skills has emerged as an exceptional distance learning provider. This institute was founded in 2015 in New Delhi and soon spread throughout the world. Studying at IIM Skills is convenient no matter where you are. The institute has students in over 35 countries and is recognized globally as a pioneer in the field of flexible learning. They also offer flexible teaching, so you can continue studying if you need to relocate or travel frequently.
With a wide selection of English-taught courses, flexible payment options, and a global reputation for excellence, the institute can help you achieve your academic goals. Some of the best-known courses provided by the renowned institute are the Content Writing course, Technical Writing Course, and Digital Marketing Course.
- Interactive Live Sessions
- Fruitful Internship Program
- Absolute Job Placement
- Tools Driven Training
- Instrumental Practical Learning
- Round the clock Support
- Lifetime access to the recordings
- 100% money-back guarantee at no question
Download Business Accounting and Taxation Course CurriculumFIND WHY 20,000+ PEOPLE LOVE IIM SKILLS
|Course Name||Period||Course Fee||Mode||Course included|
|Business Accounting and Taxation||4 months||₹49900||Online||GST, Income Tax, Balance sheet, Tally, Excel, Pay Roll, Mis Reporting|
2. Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICMAI)
The Institute of Cost Accountants of India offers a variety of professional courses in India. An Act of Parliament established the institute as a statutory body. Students with M. Com, MBA, CA, CS, or any equivalent degree are eligible to join this course.
- Veteran Faculty
- Availability of Study Material and Mock Test
- Corporate Discount
- Access to unlimited online assessment
|Course Name||Period||Course Fee||Mode|
|Certificate Course on GST||72 hours||₹11800||Online and Offline|
|Advance Certificate on GST||40 hours||₹16500||Online|
|Certificate Course on Filing of Tax returns||30 hours||₹11800||Online|
|Post Graduate program in GST Audit and Assessment||30 hours||₹14200||Online|
|Post Graduate program in Income Tax Assessment||30 hours||₹14200||Online|
3. The Institute of Professional Accountants
The Institute of Professional Accountants provides a wide range of accounting taxation courses in India. The institute is an accredited government institute that is closely linked to CA tax faculties who work in the Tax Sector. The institute guarantees its candidates 100 % placement. Students who possess graduate or postgraduate degrees in finance accounting or taxation are eligible to participate in this program. In addition, the working professionals are also eligible for the program.
- Live online sessions
- Access to unlimited assessments for practice
- Positive Interactive classes
- Assistance in practical problem
- Certificate Program
Exceptional Training Centre for taxation courses in India
|Certification in Accounting and Taxation course||18 months||Online and Offline|
|Certificate Courses in Accounting Finance Taxation and Banking||15 months||Online and Offline|
|Certificate Course in Taxation Law course||3 months||Online and Offline|
|Diploma in Accounting Finance and Taxation||12 months||Online and Offline|
Recommended Read: Business Accounting and Taxation Courses in Delhi
4. Institute of Company Accountants
The Institute of Company Accountants was established in 2004. The institute provides extensive accounting taxation courses in India. It is a government-accredited institute that offers various government certification courses such as the GST training program, GST certificate course by MSME, GST certificate course, accounting Course, Finance Accounting course, Accounting, and Taxation course, etc.
- Basic to Advanced Training Program
- Money-Back Guarantee
- Assistance to freshers in building up new business
- Around the clock availability
- Course Completion Certificate
- Easy Payment options
- Company Accountant Course
- Professional Tax Preparer Course
- Income Tax Technician Course
- GST Technician Course
- Accounting Technician Course
- E-Accountant Course
- Tax Practitioner Course
- Income Tax Professional Course
- Income Tax Advisor course
- Income Tax Consultant Course
- GST Certificate Course
- GST Practitioner Course
- GST Return Filing Course
5. Advanced Institute of Accounting and Taxation
The Advanced Institutes of Accounting & Taxation has been educating tax professionals since 1999. It offers extensive accounting taxation courses in India and has groomed more than 10000 students. The AIAT is an ISO 9001:2015 certified organization and is registered under the Companies Act 1956.
- Live online classroom
- Experienced Instructor
- Availability of online Study Materials and assessments for lifetime
- Practical Oriented
- Assistance in employment
|Accounting and Taxation Course||3 months||Online|
|Professional Training||2 months||Online|
|GST Training Program||2 months||Online|
|Income Tax Training Program||3 months||Online|
6. National Institute of Financial Markets
National Institute of Financial Market is registered under the act of Indian Companies section 1956. NIFM ranks among the most recognized institutions in the field of finance, stock market, accounting, and taxation. It is a private educational institution that offers both long-term and short-term courses with an emphasis on career-oriented skill development with a combination of traditional and online education.
- Job Skill Training
- Webinars on Stock Market and Derivatives Market
- Focus on high-quality education
- Adequate practical drill
- Assistance in Employment
- Interim Course on Stock Market, Capital Market, and Forex Market
- Online Interactive sessions
|Course Name||Period||Course Fee||Mode|
|Diploma in Financial Accounting and Taxation||9 months||₹99000||Online and Offline|
|Diploma in Taxation||6 months||₹65000||Online and Offline|
|Certificate Course on GST||2 months||₹30000||Online and Offline|
7. Edu Pristine
Edu pristine ranks among the most recognized educational institutes that offer certificate courses in Finance accounting and Taxation. It is a renowned company; more than 40 countries have faith in it. To become a successful accounting professional the institute has developed a practical learning Advanced Program in Accounting and Taxation. Commerce, Accounting, or Taxation degree holders and working professionals are eligible for this course.
- Live Online Sessions
- Job Skill Training
- Assistance in Placements
- Free Assessments Available
- Undergraduate Programs Available
- Online Classroom Training in Investment Banking and Risk Management
- Availability of Online Video Tutorials
- Resume Building Training
- Training for Corporates in Accounts, finance, and Marketing
- Training to Students in Accounts, finance, and Marketing
- GST Program
- Course on Operation Risk Modeling
- Excel for Accounting Program
- CFA Program
- CMA Program
Recommended Read: Business Accounting and Taxation Courses in Mumbai
8. TaxGuru Edu
TaxGuru Edu provides distinct learning courses in Finance, Audit, Corporate Law, Accounting, and Taxation. Most CA, CS, Finance Professionals, and Tax professionals refer to Taxguru for its exhaustive information and authentic service. Basic to Advance level Certificate Course on GST that includes calculation of GST, Audit, Compliance, Managing Assessment, Case Studies. Certificate Course on Income Tax includes filing of income tax return, refunds and TDS calculations, Analysis of tax liability, income, and discounts.
- Live Interactive Sessions
- Free Assessments
- Experienced Chartered Accountant faculty
- Online Certificate
- Availability of Video tutorials
- Access to Problem Solving Centre
|Course Name||Course Details||Course Fee||Mode|
|Self-training Certification Program on GST||The basic concept of GST, Concept of Central Sales Tax, GST sections, rules, amendments, Definition of Capital Goods, Input, Input services, Types of Invoice, GST on Advances, Refund Mechanism, Audit, and Annual return.||₹9440||Online|
|Self-Training Certification Program on Income Tax||Preparation of Tax return forms for individuals and organizations. Capital and Revenue receipts and expenditure, TDS and Its compliance, Real Estate related provisions, Tax Planning, Income Tax health Checkup.||₹9440||Online|
|Self-Training Certification Program on Customs Incl Export and Import||Overview of International Trade, Analysis of export and Import business, Custom law, rules, and regulations. RBI-FEMA, Export payments methods.||₹9440||Online|
|GST Compliance Self-Education course||Compliance aspects under GST Law||₹7000||Online|
|Advance Excel Self-Education Course||Filing and Formatting, Double Check, Inventory Verification, Balance Sheet Consolidation, Assistance in Bank Audits, Calculation of Income and Expenditure, etc.||₹7000||Online|
9. Tally Academy Institute of Learning
Tally Academy was established in 2005. It is the most prestigious and renowned skills and talent development brand in India. Under the Public Charitable Trust Act 1882, the Tally Academy is a sovereign educational institution. Tally Academy enables students to pursue careers in accounting and taxation through its various training program.
- Online and Offline Classes
- Assistance in Job Placement
- Free Access to Study Material
- Practical Teaching
|Course Name||Course Detail||Period||Mode|
|Diploma in E-Filing & Online Taxation||Introduction of Income Tax, Filing of Tax returns, Professional Tax, ESI & PF, Structure of GST, Invoicing in GST||4 months||Online|
|Certificate Course in GST in Tally||Basic Rules of GST, GST on Service Tax, Capital Goods, Advance Receipt. Special Economic Zones, Composition Schemes.||3 months||Online|
|Diploma in Financial Accounting||Basic of Accounting, Business Organization, GST Fundamentals||11 months||Online|
10. Save My Tax Academy
Save My Tax Academy assists the firm in becoming GST compliant by providing trouble-free return filing solutions. Furthermore, they provide the best courses in taxation for those who want to fulfill their career in taxation.
|Course Name||Period||Course Fee||Requirement|
|Post Graduate Program in Accounting and Taxation||60 hours||₹9900||Intermediate/Graduate|
|Professional GST Specialist||60 hours||₹9900||Intermediate/Graduate|
|Professional Tax Specialist||90 hours||₹13000||Intermediate/Graduate|
|Master in ESI & PF Consultant||30 hours||₹7500||Intermediate/Graduate|
|Master in FSSAI Consultant||30 hours||₹7500||Intermediate/Graduate|
|Tally ERP 9, Quick Books, and Clear Tax||30 hours||Free||Intermediate/Graduate|
Recommended Read: Financial Modeling Courses in India
11. Henry Harvin
Henry Harvin offers exceptional accounting and taxation courses in India. It contributes significantly to many courses in India. The Accounting and Taxation courses include a gist of topics like accounting, GST, VAT, Income Tax, and TDS which is the section of financial business operations. It enables professionals to form an outstanding career in accounting and taxation.
- Engaging live online classrooms with positive interaction.
- Topics covered with the latest developments in the field of income tax and GST.
- organized internship assistance to have practical experience.
- After successful completion of this program, 100% placement assistance is offered for one year.
- Lifetime access to video content, techniques, and more
- Free access to contests and hackathons
- Bootcamps available throughout the year
- Gold membership for one year with Henry Harvin Accounts Academy
The course schedule has 6 sections and the topics covered under each section are the calculation of GST, preparation of tax returns, Balance sheet analysis, advanced excel, and Payroll processing. There is only one institution in India that offers accounting and taxation courses with complementary modules on soft skills and resume writing. Henry Harvin is the only institution that provides these complementary modules.
The Table Is Given Below for Available Courses:
|Course Name||Period||Course Fee||Mode|
|Post Graduate Programme in Income Tax||6 months||₹39000||online|
|GST Plus Course||56 hours||₹13500||online|
|GST Course||32 hours||₹9999||online|
|Post Graduate Programme in GST||12 Months||₹39000||online|
Overview of Accounting Taxation Courses
New businesses have emerged in the market as a result of the change in scenario, and business models have also grown; however, one aspect remains the same which is taxation. The flow of funds in the market is governed by a set of laws and rules that can only be processed by a qualified expert.
That is why accounting taxation courses have become vital in the new era. Accounting and taxation processes have evolved and become more complex, resulting in more precise results. In the interim competition is also blasting. Thus, accountants are expected to be knowledgeable about the latest accounting tools and industry trends.
Staying updated is the best way to stay competitive. Based on these parameters, this course is designed to provide aspirants with industry-specific skills, tools, and software. Therefore, they will be able to perform their jobs effectively in the real world.
Frequently Asked questions
Q1. What are the profits of taking accounting taxation courses?
Tax accounting plays an important for any business since it ensures that companies adhere to tax laws. The company’s tax accountant files the state and federal income tax returns, as well as advises the company on maintaining compliance with state law. Tax accountants are responsible to procure information on coming in and going out funds into the business. Tax accounting completely depends upon the amount of cash movement. When there is a large amount of cash inflow and outflow, such as with large businesses and/or companies, accountants are either hired or deployed to tax offices.
Q2. Where does accounting differ from taxation?
Accounting is the method of tracking, analyzing, and maintaining, financial transactions to shareholders. Tax accounting is a section of accounting that adheres to the tax laws. To avoid being penalized and/or criminalized, it is necessary to follow the laws and regulations set by the country. There is no fixed accounting method for tax calculation, any method can be used by taxpayers unless it tells a clear picture of the balance sheet of the business. Tax accounting contradicts finance accounting. This is because of regulation and recording purposes.
Q3. What are the requirements for attending accounting courses?
- Professionals like CA, CS, ICWA, Lawyers
- Graduates in the field of Finance Accounting, Taxation, or Commerce.
- Postgraduates in subjects of Tax accounting, Commerce, or MBA Finance
- Income Tax and GST Professionals
- Intermediate students who want to build their career in Taxation
- Professionals from any stream want to change their domain to taxation
Q4. Who are the top employers?
Most recognized Accounting Firms in separate practice areas accountants across the nation rate the Best firms in their practice areas Research Methodology.
- Pwc (Pricewaterhouse coopers) LLP
- FinAcc Global
- Shoolin Consultancy
- KM Gatecha & Co Ltd
- Beyond Books and Compliance (BBNC)
- CapActix Business Solutions
- Top Source Global Solutions
Q5. What are the responsibilities of a tax accountant?
A tax accountant complies with tax law or tax planning. Compliance refers to the preparation and submission of tax forms on behalf of taxpayers. Assisting Clients with tax liability and refunds. Guiding clients on how to save tax. Procuring accurate financial information of clients to file hassle-free tax returns. Conversation with the officer of the Revenue Commissioner on behalf of the client. Auditing the tax records of the client.