Top 10 Technical Writing Courses in Indore
The role of a technical writer has become increasingly dominant in today’s technology era. In India, the scope of technical writers has been showing an upward trend in the last few years. As per the various job portals, there are over 14000 jobs in technical writing. In the near future, it could be the most sought-out career. Since technology has become an integral part of almost all industries and sectors, technical writing has become a need rather than an option. In this article, we will discuss the technical writing courses in Indore. Before that, let us know in-depth about technical writing.
What is Technical writing?
Technical writing can be defined as giving technical information about a product, providing instructions on how to operate the product, and helping the reader to use this information for a purpose. We come across a variety of technical documents in our daily lives, such as do-it-yourself manuals, handbooks, project reports, instructional manuals, and so on.
They are written in such a manner that a reader at any level can easily understand them. This is where the role of the technical writer comes into play. A major role of a technical writer often called technical communicators to have to write these documents in an effective manner.
Before writing a technical document, the writer should have a thorough knowledge of the product, the target audience, the purpose of the document, and the context in which the reader will use it. While writing about the product, he should use simple words and try to avoid technical jargon so that the reader from any background can understand it smoothly.
To explain the product in a simple manner, diagrams and drawings can be included. The history of technical writing dates back to the time of Aristotle and Issac Newton when they wrote detailed descriptions of their discoveries in written texts. The importance of technical writing has evolved since the industrial revolution and with the invention of computers.
Joseph Chapline, in 1949, became the first technical writer when he wrote a user manual for the computer BINAC he developed. Designing and developing technical documents such as user manuals, administration guides, installation manuals, quick reference guides, and training manuals are now part of technical writing.
Skills required to become a technical writer
- Communication skills
The most significant skill that a technical writer must possess is the ability to write complex technical information in a simple manner that anyone can understand. He should put himself in the shoes of the end-user while generating the content and think accordingly while writing the content.
- Technical skills
A Technical writer should have a clear understanding of the product so that he can explain it simply to the end-users.
- Listening and interpretation skills
A technical writer should have good listening and interpretation skills while consulting with experts who have in-depth technical knowledge of the product.
- Proofreading and editing skills
A technical writer should have the ability to critically analyze the written content and also proofread to avoid errors. He should ensure that it is accurate, error-free, and professional.
- Graphics and design skills
To make his content more appealing and informative to the user, a technical writer should be proficient with graphics and design. Web designing skills are also recommended.
Kinds of Technical Writing
- End-user instructions or documentations
- Technical reports
- Financial reports
- Research results
- Guidelines or Handbooks
- Business plans or proposals
- White papers
- Case studies
- Posters or Visual communication.
Scope of technical writing in India
Technical writing jobs in India are in high demand. As per the various job portals, there are over 14,000 jobs in technical writing. It may become a highly sought-after profession in the near future, similar to engineering and finance.
The majority of the technical writing job vacancies are in the IT sector, where the role of the technical writer is to write user manuals, guides, or online help for the product. The demand for the technical writer has grown as a result of digitalization. Sectors like telecom, banking, insurance, and medical are hiring technical writers for brochures, user guides, and web content.
A survey conducted by a job portal shows that the salary of technical writers has grown more than 200%. The median yearly salary of a technical writer was Rs. 2.75 lakhs in 2002, which has increased to Rs. 6 lakhs in 2008.
Technical writing courses in Indore
Indore, the economic nerve center of Madhya Pradesh, is also one of the cities that has been selected as one of the top 20 smart cities under the Narendra Modi Govt smart city plan. TCS, Infosys, and other leading multinational corporations have established offices in Indore. Well-connected infrastructure, advanced civil amenities, and high internet access have attracted investors.
Indore, the educational hub of Madhya Pradesh, is one of the cities in India that has both the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) and the Indian Institute of Management (IIM). Apart from this, there are various educational institutions in Indore that provide a well-rounded education to students and professionals. Many institutes are offering online and offline training in Technical writing courses in Indore.
Top 10 Technical Writing Courses in Indore
1. IIM SKILLS
If you are looking for technical writing courses in Indore, IIM SKILLS will be at the top of the list. It is one of the topmost online educational institutions in India, with headquarters located in Delhi. IIM SKILLS is ranked as # 1 by top educational blogs Career 360, Course report, Advisor uncle & Coursedekho.
15000+ students have been trained in 35+ countries across the globe. The journey of IIM SKILLS began as an educational blog, later transformed into a technical institution in 2015. It has completed 6 years by delivering more than 2500 training sessions.
Led by experts with more than 12 years of experience, their mission is to provide world-class education at reasonable prices through online and self-paced methods.
- Content writing course
- Technical writing course
- Digital marketing course
- Advanced SEO course
- GST Practitioner course
IIM SKILLS is planning to start the following courses in the near future that are high in demand and which will help professionals to up-skill their careers.
- Artificial intelligence
The curriculum of the technical writing course is designed by subject experts who have extensive experience in the technical writing field.
- How to write
- Creating the content
- Technical reports
- White papers/Journals
- DDLC & Versioning
- Conversational writing
- Review & publishing
- API documentation using XML
- Datasheets, User Manuals, and application notes
- Effective writing
- Medical writing
- Case study
Highlights of Technical writing course by IIM SKILLS
- The duration of the online classes is 5 weeks with 20 hours of lectures and more than 60 hours of practical assignments and a 1-month internship to give a taste of the professional world.
- During the duration of the course, training will be provided to write technical reports, white papers, journals, scientific research papers, conversational writing, API documentation, and medical writing.
- Training will be provided in software tools like MS Visio, MS Project, Git, Scribus, Canva, and PowerPoint.
- To clear any doubts regarding the subject, a live interactive session with the teacher will be held.
- Lifetime access to the content in the LMS & support in developing a portfolio for the job.
- Global accreditation and certification
Batch timings & course fees
- Weekday batches on Tuesday & Thursday from 8 pm to 10 pm
- Weekend batches on Sunday from 10 am to 2 pm
- Course fees 14900 Rupees +18% GST
Download IIM SKILLS Technical Writing Course Brochure
FIND WHY 20,000+ PEOPLE LOVE IIM SKILLS
Other Courses offered by IIM SKILLS
- Digital Marketing Course
- SEO Course
- Content Writing Course
- Financial Modeling Course
- Business Accounting And Taxation Course
- CAT Coaching
Contact: +919580740740, [email protected]
2. Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning (SCDL)
SCDL is a good option for students seeking technical writing courses in Indore. Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning, located in Pune, is one of the top distance learning schools that provides a 2-year diploma course in technical writing.
Other than this course, SCDL also offers a wide range of PG diplomas and PG certificates and diploma courses in Business Management, International Business, International Trade, Banking & Finance, Supply chain Management, Corporate law, and many more.
The Post-Graduate Diploma in Technical Writing in Business Management Course will provide learners with theoretical and practical aspects of technical writing. The duration of the course is 2 years, divided into 4 semesters.
Features of the SCDL Technical Writing Course
- A blended learning methodology combines three types of learning: printed materials, digital learning, and faculty interaction.
- Highly interactive e-learning virtual classrooms
- Online faculty chat sessions
- A modular course system with credits
Semester wise curriculum content of SCDL Technical writing course in Business management.
Introduction of Technical communication
Technical writing style and editing
Information Development Life Cycle I
Information Development Life cycle II
Technical communication software tools
Advanced concepts in Technical communications
Technical communication project management
Principles and practices of management
Intro of design for Business Communication
Introduction of Creative writing in Business Communication
Advanced documentation types and processes
Advanced technical writing tools
Fees – Application fees – INR 1000
Course Fees – INR 50,000 (one time payment) / 1st instalment INR 35,000 &
2nd installment INR 25,000.
One of the well-known learning platforms, Udemy, is also an option for technical writing courses in Indore.
Topics of the Technical courses offered by UDEMY –
- Business writing & technical writing
- Technical report writing
- Mastering the technical writing career
- Professional technical writing
- How to write software documentation
- How to write using DITA XML
- Business writing skills
Each of the above topics is a separate online course. The course material will consist of videos, PDF documents, and supplementary materials. The cost and duration of the above courses vary depending on the topic.
4. Tech Forest
Tech Forest is a training institute that provides technical writing courses in Indore. Training institute located in Indore provides training in IT software, network training, web development, PHP, Android development, digital marketing, and many more. It is one of the best training institutes in Indore, with a practical approach to coaching.
As a part of the content writing course, they are providing training in technical writing as well. Out of the 6 modules in content writing, 2 modules explain technical writing. These 2 modules cover the following:
- DIY Guides and Manuals
- Book review
- Grant writing or proposal writing.
- Product description /review
- Sales writing
- Technical guides
- Web content
- Question banks/Workbooks/Study materials
- Academic guides, manuals, and tutorials
- Project Reports, Thesis, Research, / White Papers
This course will help to create a writing style that will attract customers and will also help to develop research skills that will help to write about any topic.
507,Rajani Bhawan,M.G.Road ,Indore M.P. 452001
Telephone: +91-9399-093-728, +91-9575-715-791
Email: [email protected]
Website : www.techforest.in
5. Technical Writer HQ
Technical Writer HQ is a training platform that offers training courses to learners from any profession to become an expert technical writer is also a choice for technical writing courses in Indore. It is one of the world’s largest communities of technical writers, with more than 1,000 global members from 500+ companies around the world.
The Technical writing certification course of TWHQ is a practical training course that is designed in such a way that it will help the learner take his writing career to the next level.
Features of TWHQ’s Technical Writing Course
- 50 + lectures, 5+ downloadable tech writing templates, and exclusive interviews with tech writing professionals.
- A self-paced online course that can be completed in 1 month’s duration
- Access to the course materials is provided for free for the rest of your life.
- The course curriculum includes the following sections/modules
- Introduction to the Technical writing
- Writing great technical documents
- Formatting the technical document
- Editing and readability
- Editing and proofreading
- Technical writing tools
- Technical writing interview
Course fees – 349$
Website – www.technicalwriterhq.com
6. Learning Tree International
Learning Tree International is an IT training company based in the United States that provides online training courses in technical writing, which is a good option for technical writing courses in Indore. Nearly 3 million IT and business professionals around the world have enhanced their skills through Learning Tree International.
The technical writing course from Learning Tree International covers all aspects of planning, writing, and editing technical documents, including assessing user needs, selecting appropriate document formats, and making effective use of graphics.
Features of the Learning Tree International Technical Writing Course
- 4 days of instructor-led training
- One-on-one after course instructor training
- Providing training for individuals and groups
- Course content of modules of the course
- Introduction to Technical writing
- The Writing Process
- Ensuring clarity and readability
- The mechanics of writing
- Structuring information for understanding
- Designing your document.
- Developing the look of your document
Course fees – 2990$
Website address: www.learningtree.com
Vskills offers an online certification course in Technical writing. Located in New Delhi, Vskills provides government-certified online courses. It is also an option for technical writing courses in Indore.
Features of the Vskills Technical Writing Course
- Lifetime access to the LMS will be given to students.
- Hardcopy of the study materials
- Self-paced learning method. The total number of learning hours is nine.
- After the course, students can take an online exam anytime.
- The duration of the exam is 60 minutes.
- Govt. certificate will be given after passing the exam.
- Planning to write
- Documentation plans
- Writing: General principles
- Paragraph & Sections
- Professional secrets
- Writing Specific kinds of documents
- Web sites
- Internal Planning documents
- Lab reports
- Powerpoint Presentation
- Editing and producing documents
- Fonts & Typography
Course fees – INR 3499/-
Website : www.vskill.in
8. IBRUK Consulting
IBRUK Consulting, located in Maharashtra offers technical writing courses and services is a choice for technical writing courses in Indore. A major feature of the IBRUK Technical Writing courses is that they provide complete hands-on experience in industry-standard processes, using popular technical writing tools, creating user manuals, and online help.
- Introduction to Technical communication
- The document development Life cycle (DDLC)
- Creating effective technical content
- Mastering Microsoft word
- Creating a user manual
- Working with Snagit
- Understanding topic-based authoring
- Authoring in Adobe Robohelp
- Emerging trends in Technical communication.
- Creating online help with Adobe Robohelp – Project
- Creating a user manual
Duration of Course – 1 month
Course fees – INR 30,000 + GST
Website : www.ibruk.in
One of the leading learning platforms in the world, Coursera, is also a good option for technical writing courses in Indore. Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology is offering a technical writing course through Coursera which is free of cost.
Features of course
- Training will be given to write different technical reports like lab reports,
- Design reports, consulting reports, and project reports.
- Online classes with flexible deadlines.
- Graded assignments and quizzes
- Self-pacing learning option
- Shareable course certificate
- Detailed videos and text materials
- The course is 19 hours in duration with four modules.
Website address: https://www.coursera.org/
10. Henry Harvin
Henry Harvin, the ed-tech company in India, is also offering a technical writing course in Indore. They are offering various programs and online courses for skill development.
Features of the technical writing course
- 32 hours of live online interactive classroom sessions
- Projects in the documentation process, technical software tools, etc.
- Internship assistance to gain practical knowledge
- 100% placement guarantee support for 1 year after completion
- 24x 7 access to the LMS including videos, resource materials, and library.
- Training by experts who have more than 10 years of experience
- Adequate training in software tools like Robohelp, Adobe Photoshop, Snagit, MS Visio, and much more.
- Introduction to Technical writing
- Documentation process
- Technical writing process
- Grammar and editing
- Technical writing software tools
- Components of a Technical document
- Technical writing techniques
- How to create a technical document template
- Overview of formats of technical documents
- Advanced technical writing tools
Course fees- 15,000 Rupees
Contact details : Phone # – 00919891953953
Website : www.henryharvin.com
1. How can I get a job after completing technical writing courses in Indore?
The first step towards becoming a technical writer is to become an expert in tools and languages such as CSS, HTML, XML, and graphic tools, which may be obtained by taking a technical writing course from a reputable institution. Second, create a portfolio by drafting sample technical writing content. Third, develop a website and create a portfolio to showcase your technical writing skills by providing samples of your work and writing blogs so that employers can assess your work style and approach you. Fourth, look for jobs on job websites and register on the websites that offer freelance work.
2. Are technical writers are in demand in India?
The industrial sector in India has grown rapidly in the last few decades. The IT sector has also grown exponentially, leading to a surge in demand for technical writers. Many IT companies and start-ups are hiring technical writers exclusively for their products. As per the web sources, the employment of technical writers is projected to grow 12% from 2020 to 2030. About 5,500 openings for technical writers in a year are forecasted.
3. How much salary does a technical writer get in India?
As per the web sources in India, the average annual salary of a technical writer is Rs 4.97 lakh per annum. The pay scale range for a technical writer in India is 2.29 lakh to 10 lakh rupees per annum. An entry-level technical writer can earn up to 10,000 rupees a month depending upon the quality of their work.
4. What are the factors affecting the salary of a technical writer?
The most important factors that affect the salary of a technical writer in India are:
- Experience: Like any other job, experience is one of the factors that determine the salary. A fresher without any experience earns less than an experienced person. As per the web sources, a person with less than a year of experience earns an average annual salary of INR 2.77 lakh, while those with three to four years of experience earn around INR 4.14 lakh per annum.
- Skills: Writing skills, technical skills, research skills, software, and design skills are some of the skills required for a technical writer. The skill level and expertise in these skills determine the salary.
- Location: — Location is an important factor that affects the salary of a technical writer. Some cities offer an above-average salary, while some other cities offer lower-than-average salaries. As per the web sources, Bangalore offers 11.5% more than the national average, while Kolkata offers 32.8% less than the average.
- Employer: The salary of a technical writer is also determined by the company where he is employed. The pay scale of a technical writer varies from one employer to another employer.
5. Can technical writers work from home?
Yes, it is possible to work remotely as a technical writer. Many IT companies are seeking technical writers who can work remotely as part-timers. As a home-based job, it can be very profitable if there is adequate skill and training.
6. What are different careers options after technical writing courses in Indore?
Manual writers, Content developers, Content writers, Documentation specialists, Information designers, Business writers, Policy writers, Technical illustrators, Web content writers, etc.
The technical writing courses in Indore mentioned in this article are among the best in the industry. Any graduate with a flair for writing and having technical skills can approach this profession. The transition from a novice to an expert in this field will depend on the amount of effort, time, and practice you put into it.
I’d like to learn technical writing as a new skill, but the sheer variety of possibilities currently offered is daunting. Choosing the appropriate course is a difficult task itself. Apart from that, as a student, I require a course that fits my schedule or is flexible enough to not interfere with my studies. This article about the top technical writing courses in Indore, not only narrows down the options but also provides information about online courses available in Indore, which is extremely useful to me.
I am a coaching class owner in Indore . We cater to students of class 10 and 12 as well as economics majors . I want to start publishing educational instructional booklets for my students to make it a smoother sail for them and this very reason I want to register for Technical writing courses in Indore. I am interested in an online course that will provide quality training through recorded videos as I don’t have a flexible schedule due to my training classes. Also the academy must provide a platform to answering my doubts so please refer a academy accordingly from your list . Thanks
I am working as a technical writer but it is difficult to get any private clients as a freelancer. Maybe, I am failing at the Freelancing set tup. does any of the technical writing institutes teach this as well? Which of the courses will help in guiding the right freelancing approach?
I’m a finance insurance agent who has been in the business for a long. I’d like to start writing on the side to market my business by writing about my thoughts. My plan is to publish monthly articles that address many of the common concerns individuals have about insurance. I don’t want to employ traditional, out-of-date advertising strategies since I believe they are becoming obsolete. If the information you learn to write is distinctive, I believe technical writing courses in Indore might be a terrific method to sell your business. I intend to enrol in a course as soon as possible.
To strengthen client relationships and broaden our business reach, I’d like to incorporate innovative, new ways. I’ve put a lot of time into finding the right courses. Although I saw a few marketing courses, I didn’t think they would be very helpful. Additionally, the majority of them only made sense when taken offline. I read your post, and it addressed the majority of the topics in a course that I was eager to take. I think I’ll enrol after learning more about the Technical writing courses in Indore. Please let me know about the fee structure f the course and also the duration of part time.