Importance of Digital Marketing For Graphic Designers
We live in a world where technology is changing at a fast pace. Be it a small or a big business everyone is online trying to establish and sell their products or services.
The Internet is the place where we all go to find possible solutions. You buy a product or hire service only after you have seen the reviews, consulted your friends and family, and compared the prices.
Digital marketing creates an online presence that enables customers to get in touch with their brands and service providers easily. It helps to expand the business, generates profits, connects you with customers.
To make an everlasting first impression on your audience you need to make a foolproof digital marketing strategy. This strategy requires you to make an attractive website, regular content upload, constant SEO research, social media awareness, email marketing which has to be done step by step.
Once you conquer these steps you will be able to present your business systematically. Make sure your site that is flexible to both desktop and mobile version.
If you are a newbie who doesn’t have much knowledge of digital marketing don’t worry about it. There are online digital marketing courses that will enable you to understand this subject better.
In this course, you will from top to bottom of the stages of digital marketing and how it will make a stable business for you. From the expansion of your business, making profits, reaching out to new customers, you will get an overview of everything.
Learn the art of writing blog posts with the best content writing course
For learning this in a better way we need to understand the different types of digital marketing. They are as follows:-
i. Content Marketing
Content marketing is focused on creating and distributing valuable, relatable, attractive, and consistent content to keep the audience engaged.
The purpose of this is to create brand awareness, traffic growth, and attracting new customers. It includes the creation of blogs, e-books, blogs, videos.
Blogs see a written representation that provides you information about what the business is all about. It gives the new and existing customers answers to all their queries.
It also helps you create organic traffic for your website if the keywords are used wisely throughout the content.
E-books also provide content to the customers but in depth. You can include your companies history, your personal information if you want to add, buyer’s reviews, also you could add new ideas you are planning to input into your business.
To generate curiosity among your audience you could also give them a sneak peek in your book about your upcoming projects.
Vlogs are trending in today’s world. You connect with the audience face-to-face and make an entirely personal and unique connection with your audience.
Usually, videos are more attractive and when infused with vlogs could give make an everlasting impression on the audience.
Sign up for the best Digital Marketing Course to understand all about digital campaigns.
Free Digital Marketing E-BookLearn Basics of Digital Marketing For Free
Other courses to enroll in at IIM SKILLS
ii. Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
SEO’s decide the make or break of your business online. They are there to make sure you get enough traffic, see growth, organic searches on Google and other platforms.
Without SEO no one will be able to find your business online. So make sure you research them well before you post any kind of content on your site.
The vital SEO’s you need to know about are Technical, On-Page, and Off-Page. Technical SEO is optimizing your website for the crawling and index phase.
The main aim of Technical SEO is to build the infrastructure of your website. ON Page SEO is for page and content optimization.
It is to get a better reach towards your audience and make the searches easier. Off-Page SEO is used to promote your website. SEO backlinks are a way of increasing your target audience. But remember to attach the Nofollow attribute to the link.
Social media has consumed most of our lives. We live and breathe on social platforms like
A perfect way to promote, create awareness, build a brand image, drive traffic for your business. You can monitor analytics, see on which platforms the content is working well then you can schedule accordingly when to upload.
iv. Pay Per Click (PCP)
This method is used to drive traffic towards your website by paying the publisher every time your ad is clicked on. They are Google Ads that allow you to pay for the top slots on the Google search engine.
You pay the price per click and you can use these for your social media accounts also. Have an ad run on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Linkedln. Using the correct keywords will drive your traffic, make sure to keep them relevant, expansive, and short-long tail keywords.
v. E-mail Marketing
E-mail marketing means sending effective marketing e-mails to potential customers and turn them into raving fans. E-mail is the best way of communication. Make a list, add a service provider, grow the list, and will be ready to go.
In the e-mails, you could include newsletters, follow-up e-mails, new customer welcoming ones, promotions, or tips depending on the kind of products or services you are selling.
Affiliate Marketing is a performance-based one, the business is rewarded for every customer. The entire concept is based on revenue sharing, the more products you sell more incentives you get.
Every sale you do the affiliate marketer gets paid. Since you will get advertised on other people’s blogs or pages your business will get a new push and also attract new customers.
vii. Influencer Marketing
This kind of marketing has become quite famous for the past 2-3 years. Usually, businesses approach social media stars who are active on platforms like YouTube, Instagram, or TikTok.
They influence their audience to buy the products through this you can reach potential customers. Influencer Marketing is one of the most trending ways to gather more traffic and generate profits for your business.
The influencer gets a certain amount of commission for advertising your product on their social media accounts.
After learning about all the types of marketing a big question always arises in the mind of an entrepreneur. How to choose a Domain Name for your business?
Domain names are an important aspect of your business. It’s what will connect your business to your audience. The name you keep will be remembered by your customers. Here are some tips about choosing a domain name:-
- Keep it short and simple. Something that will be easy for the customer to remember.
- It directly links to the kind of products or services your business sells.
- Avoid using hyphens or numbers as it will just complicate them more.
- Chose the perfect set of keywords for the name. If you own a bakery you might consider opting for Tanniebakkery.com.
- You might consider using online domain name portals which will guide you to select one.
- The domain name portals will also inform you which names have already been taken or what you could change in yours.
- Avoid choosing the names that are associated with popular brands as it will create more confusion among your customer base.
- A vital part to keep in mind is that you should use the right extension for your domain name depending on the business you do.
- For example .org stands for non-profit organizations, .biz for business sites, .net for the business that is into technologies, .info is for informative sites.
- Consider buying the domain names which are misspelled and related to your name. This will create no confusion among the customers when they type in your URL.
- Use the same domain name you registered for the rest of your social account names. This way your customers will be able to follow without any hassle.
- Don’t fret much if your perfect domain name is taken, there are still many out there, get creative and will find the one.
- Book a domain name as swiftly as you can because there are millions of businesses out there who are registering themselves every second.
Benefits Of Digital Marketing
- The main advantage of digital marketing is that it is cost-effective than traditional marketing we do. When you compare it to the cost of a TV advertisement or publication you will spend significantly less on this one.
- You can also measure digital marketing by tracking the traffic and analyzing it, you understand how much you get on your website. After that, you can change or improve your strategies accordingly.
- Converting your customers into regular ones gets smoother with this marketing. Your marketing strategy along with the content on your website should be engaging enough.
- Reach to potential customers by sending them an e-mail after they have purchased something from you or registered the first time on your site.
- You can connect with your customers personally and quickly solve their grievances.
- With a strong marketing strategy, you can compete with large corporations even if you have a small business.
- Half of the world is becoming tech-savvy day by day. A marketing strategy will help you reach potential customers online.
- Interacting with customers will put faith and trust in the minds of the customers and they will stick by you.
- It also helps you create an ever-lasting brand impression on the world along with your customers of course.
- Observe what your competitors are doing to attract their customers, learn from it, improvise and make your strategies.
- Play your cards well, build a strong base, connect with the customers then start breaking your boundaries to expand your business.
- Try new things, take risks, ask for suggestions from your customers this enables your business to flourish on new levels.
Now that we have understood what Digital Marketing is all about, its types, and the benefits you gain from implementing it. Let’s move on to how Graphic Designers are related to them. Plus, how it’s beneficial and important for them to do Digital Marketing.
First, understand what Graphic Designers do to making an earning for themselves.
Graphic Designers are the ones who communicate through visuals. They use photography, iconography, and illustration. They convey their art in colorful ways which attract the eyeballs of the audience.
The creation of posters, billboards, logos, product packaging, websites, book designs, magazine designs is all done by them.
Every graphic design has its own identity, as it speaks for the entire brand. Graphic designers get paid for every unique logo they make or any other poster. You need a graphic design for your business because of the following reasons:-
- Graphic design makes an ever-lasting impression about your business on the minds of the customers. Every online ad, poster, billboard, or flyer they see will make them remember your business.
- It also boosts sales as the product will be recalled because of the appealing logo by the customers.
- Being creative will lead your business to stand out from others. For every new venture you come out with if it’s presented with new ideas more new customers will be attracted to it.
- A logo isn’t just for the company it’s for all the employees also. It gives them a common identity and unites them under the name of the company.
- Most importantly a graphic design tells the story, the message you want to deliver to the world about your business. The contrasting colors used in the design evoke different emotions along with supporting the overall message.
Responsibilities of Graphic Designers
- The process starts with meeting the clients and understanding what kind of design they want for the project.
- Suggest various strategies and designs according to their requirements.
- Get to know the message the business wants to portray.
- Accordingly, start creating the basic design.
- Make illustrations based on whether it’s a logo, advertisement, or website.
- Select colors, textures, patterns, designs to make a presentable design.
- Present it to the clients and get their views on it.
- Include suggestions or corrections asked to be done by them and then finally publish it.
Now for the most important question, How do Digital Marketing and Graphic Designers go in hand and hand?
Graphic Designers need to showcase their art to the world. What is better than making it goes online on the web where everyone can see it?
Digital Marketing is growing in every sector as every entrepreneur or company wants a website for their business. This gives the customers an overview of what the business is all about.
This is when Graphic Designers come into the picture. They are the ones who make the content more appealing to the audience.
In today’s world, it has become a new step or an upgraded level for Graphic Designers to get into the Digital World. The entire media is moving online, be it magazines, newspapers, advertisers, and television.
Scope of Graphic Designers in Digital Marketing
- Graphic Designers can make anything from logos to advertisements or websites.
- They can make a visual environment with their creativity which no one can.
- You can make positive, sad, dark, avoid misunderstandings, multiple-meaning images, and questionable ones.
- It allows you flexible time meaning work from home also as a freelancer.
- Digital Marketing requires its content to be portrayed creatively. You take care of their requirements.
- You could become a multimedia designer, Brand Identity Designer, Layout Artist, Photoshop Artist, Flash Designer, Creative Director, Art Director, or Product designer.
- You give the Marketing Professionals the liberty to express their ideas through a virtual presentation and in that process also enable a lot of other unique ideas to expand the business further.
- Once you have become an established Graphic Designer you can earn in lakhs and make a stable future for yourself.
Why Graphic Designing is a good Career choice?
- You will learn new things with every new project you work on. From upgrading your skills to discovering new things your journey will never end.
- No matter what happens in the future Graphic Designs will always be in demand. A unique design will always be required by every business.
- Going into this field you will have a lot of options to switch to if you like in the future.
- The one thing you will learn is how different business operations. When you collaborate with brands or any other entrepreneur you will be required to learn what their business is all about and their insights. Your research is the key to this process.
- As a graphic designer, your creativity is bound to get challenged. Having to express your ideas to clients and accepting criticism with a positive approach is tough.
- Working with other designers gives you a breather of fresh ideas, designs along with it you learn to work as a team.
- One thing is for sure you will be saved from the constant monotonous work and the paper will be your canvas to draw.
- Your design will not only represent the business but the employees with all unite as one under it.
- The customer will reminisce about the logo you made whenever they will think of that business.
- If this is your passion then believe me it will be the best decision ever. When you do something from your heart it will never feel like work.
Now let’s see what happens when the two of them combine. What are their pros cons and why are they linked with each other and a requirement for every business.
- DIGITAL MARKETING
- GRAPHIC DESIGNING
Digital marketing is a growing platform where various businesses come to establish their brand.
Graphic design is a visual way of communicating with the audience.
Creates a brand image for the business. It makes the website look attractive and appealing. It is done to gain more customers.
It generates more traffic for the website. This enables the customers to know what the business is all about.
Designers make a logo that resonates with the business and connects with the audience.
The website makes it easier to communicate with customers.
The media like images, videos speak to the customers.
This promotes the company’s objective.
Email marketing is used to send the customers daily updates.
Small videos are made to give the customers an insight.
If you see today these two industries have become inseparable. Both are inter-depended on each other because of a lot of reasons.
Digital Marketers can’t afford to put content without any images or videos. No customer will be inclined to such a website. Graphic Designers need to know how the pictures they put out will be marketed by the media.
Let’s be real nobody is going to read a blog post of a business that just plain without any kind of media. The customer will be bored after reading a line or two and exit the site without giving a second thought.
We live in an era where a site gets more traffic if it’s filled with unique and entertaining content.
Our impatient generation with a lack of concentration needs a Call-to-Action Button to instruct us what to do next. It will grab the attention of the audience into them becoming permanent customers of your business.
You can keep any Call-to-Action for them to perform any kind of action you like. For example, you could lead them to do the following, leaving a comment, downloading a brochure, clicking on a link, subscribing to your content, email subscription, following your page, and more.
This is a way to guide the customer throughout your business which will help you generate a positive response from them if they get the required products or services they were looking out for.
Every blog post needs an image backing it up. It portrays the purpose of the entire website. It also is seen that an Infographic page generates more traffic as sparks the attention of online users.
You might get a time frame of a few minutes or seconds to hold their interest make sure to create a powerful impact on them.
Another way to attract traffic to your site is to collaborate with brands. Once you start exploring these options your business will get a lot of exposure. The brands will get their money and you will earn your valuable customers. The customers who already buy products from that brand will be directed to you. This has proven to be a fruitful way to expand your business.
First, understand the kind of audience you want to target. Whether you are a marketer or a designer you need to understand the mindset of the audience.
Understand what the needs of the client are, ask for their suggestions, in what capacity you want to reach them, study the market environment before planning your strategy. Once you have gone through the entire process then move ahead with the process of either adding a product or service to your website as a marketer.
For designers make the logos or advertisements as per the requirement of the business. A combination of these two will be the most powerful boost to your business. These two will help you reach a certain mark and accomplish the goals you have envisioned for your business in the long run.
Nowadays social media is playing an enormous role in making a brand reputation and increasing business for everyone. Social media is considered a full package as it contains both content and media. It is a boon for both occupations.
Hence for graphic designers, it is vital to indulge in digital marketing as they can function well together.
Importance of making a Career in Digital Marketing for Graphic Designers
- Money is the number one factor while doing any kind of work. By indulging in Digital Marketing there is a high chance you can increase your earnings.
- There is a lot of scope for designers here as it is an essential need for marketers.
- The more creative logos, billboards, and advertisements you make for business it make you stand out in the competition.
- Digital Marketers want to build a brand reputation for themselves, when you work for such a business your reputation automatically increases.
- Doors of opportunities will open for you, once you step into the market.
- You have the liberty to use your imagination along that also increases your creativity levels.
- Because of your designs, people will buy their products which will enhance their sales. After that, for every campaign or advertisement, a marketer will approach you only.
- You will form a base of loyal clients and constantly get opportunities to work and earn money.
- Remember to keep to good relations and you will flourish in your life.
I hope this article gave in insight as to how the two industries are connected. It also depended on one another to carry out business shortly.