Top 7 GST Certification Courses in Kota in 2024
Kota is considered to be an education hub as it has many success stories to its credit due to the impeccable quality of education. Although Kota is home to coaching centers for IIT-JEE, NEET, and other entrance exams, this article will look at an option for students who wish to explore alternative or additional learning avenues. GST, or Goods and Service2s Tax training is one such popular choice to consider. To narrow down the options for GST certification courses in Kota, take a look at this hand-picked list.
How does a GST certification course help?
GST brought uniformity in taxation and was an important landmark in the country’s economic reform. The need for GST experts with extensive know-how also rose over time and continues to be an in-demand skill that can open doors. Also, as with anything new, since GST was introduced, there have been amendments and clarifications issued to date and more might be introduced in the future.
If you are learning GST provisions afresh, then choosing to do so through structured programs will ensure the latest curriculum. These courses can also act as a refresher for those familiar with foundational knowledge.
A host of benefits come with enrolling in GST certification courses in Kota which include but are not limited to:
- In-depth understanding of requirements and provisions
- Practical exposure to finer technicalities and exception handling
- Acquisition of a new skill as part of continuous education
- Helping yourself and others be GST compliant
- Opening up of new avenues and opportunities for employment
Who should avail of the benefits of GST training?
Anyone who is:
- A fresher seeking a career in finance, accounting, or company secretary role. Short-term additional learning such as online GST training can add depth to your knowledge
- Looking to shift into finance or commerce sector from another field of work
- An existing accounts, law, or taxation professional who wishes to get GST certified
- In a role that requires tax calculation or tax compliance management
- Aspiring to start a consultancy or offer taxation-related services
- An entrepreneur who wants to understand this indirect tax regime
List of GST Certification courses in Kota
Now that you’ve looked at some context on how joining a GST course can be useful, it’s time to review options of centers from where you can gain that knowledge. This article will provide a list of courses to choose from in and around Kota, plus online or virtual training providers whose services extend to Kota, so you have a variety to choose from.
Here is the list of the best Institutes in Kota:
1. IIM SKILLS
Committed to providing the best education and bringing in marked improvement in the skill level of its learners, IIM SKILLS is a great choice for online GST training through their GST Certification Course.
In the one month that it takes to complete this course, you will learn:
- The genesis of GST and its impact on businesses.
- Types of GST, who is eligible for GST
- Threshold limit for GST registration
- GST rate slabs
- Framework and structure of GST. Covers-
- Meaning of supply & taxable event in GST
- Time & place of supply
- Valuation of supply
- Registration under GST: criteria and process explained. Includes-
- Registration process
- Issued registration certificate
- Amendments & surrender of registration
- Invoicing in GST: Invoicing rules and regulations. Goes into detail of-
- GST invoice
- Bill of supply
- Debit & Credit note
- Payment voucher
- GST returns filing. Subtopics include-
- Process flow of return filing
- GSTR1, 2A, 3B, 9 & 9B filing
- Composition scheme under GST. Including-
- Limitation & registration of composition scheme
- The tax rate under the composition scheme
- Return form in composition scheme
- Reverse Charge Mechanism: what is RCM & taxability under RCM
- E-way bill under GST. Covers-
- The necessity of an e-way bill
- Who is responsible for issuing
- Issue of e-way bill
- Input tax credit & payments in GST. Goes into detail of-
- Offset GST liability
- How to claim ITC
- Modes of payment
- Electronic liability, credit & cash ledger
From the module details, it is evident that the training is extensive. Trainers bring with them years of experience so students learn from the best, with practical examples and assignments to embed the theoretical learning.
The IIM SKILLS GST Practitioner Course gives you the convenience of attending weekday or weekend batches so it fits nicely into your schedule, making it one of the most flexible GST certification courses in Kota.
In addition to comprehensive subject coverage, you are also assured of lifetime access to course content. In effect, you enroll once into the course and reap the benefits of a lifetime of knowledge.
Download IIM SKILLS GST Course Brochure
FIND WHY 20,000+ PEOPLE LOVE IIM SKILLS
- Digital Marketing Course
- Advanced SEO Course
- Content Writing Course
- Investment Banking Course
- Technical Writing Course
- Financial Modeling Course
- BAT Course
Also, Check out the best GST Certification Courses in Jaipur
Contact: +919580740740, [email protected]
2. GST Centre
The next Institute to look at when it comes to GST Certification courses in Kota would be GST Centre. GST Centre was formed in 2015 and is part of the TEACH group. Their course is titled Diploma in GST.
The modules of the 3-month long course ease students into the subjects progressively
- GST Beginner
- Overview of GST
- Levy & collection of Tax
- Registration for various Persons
- Procedure for Registration
- Time and Value of Supply
- Tax Rates and Classifications
- Input Tax Credit
- Tax Invoice, Credit, and Debit Notes
- Accounts & Records
- Payment of GST
- E-way Bill
- GST Intermediate
- Outward and Inward Supplies
- Special Persons
- Import/export of goods and services
- The Place of Supply
- GST Returns & Refund
- Offenses and Penalties
- Assessment & Audit
- Inspection, Search, Seizure, and Arrest
- Appeals, Revision & Advance Ruling
- Demand and Recovery
- GST In Tally
- Create Company and Activate GST
- Managing HSN /SAC
- Creating Masters and Set GST Rates
- Sales, Purchase, and Service Ledgers
- Creating Party & Tax Ledgers
- Creating Expenses, Income, Non-Revenue Accounts
- Recording Purchase & Sales under GST
- Recording Purchase & Sales Returns
- Recording of Payment Vouchers
- GST Advance Receipts
- E-way Bill & Returns
GST Centre has a blended approach to training. The center gives hands-on practical assignments that students can practice through simulation software where you try out Registration, tax payment, GSTR 3B & 1, etc. That is an added advantage for any beginner.
They also support students with placement assistance once certified.
The Institute of Chartered Accounts of India is a statutory organization set up to regulate chartered accountants in India. ICAI has gained global recognition as an Institute with significant contributions not just to its main activity which is maintaining the highest accounting and auditing standards, but also in education and professional development.
ICAI has a multi-city presence and one of its branches is in Kota, thus making it to this list of places for GST certification courses in Kota.
The Certificate Course on GST has the following topics being addressed –
- Definition and concepts under GST
- Overview of GST, i.e., compensation cess to states Act, 2017
- Levy, time & place of supply
- Input tax credit
- Transitional issues
- Valuation & Registration
- Returns & Payment
- Assessment, offenses & penalties
- Advance ruling, FTP & customs duty
- Ethical practice
- Exemption list of goods and services
- Miscellaneous provision
ICAI’s course is available for members only which is a limiting factor as not everyone can register. The duration of the course is 10 days that can be split into weekend classes. You can also opt for Mon-Fri slots and complete the course in 2 weeks.
Recommended Read: Business Accounting Courses in Jaipur
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India has been providing education and setting standards for company secretaries since 1980. ICSI has a chapter in Kota and offers a certificate course in GST. However, like ICAI, the option to enroll in this GST Certification course in Kota is limited to members of ICSI or students of the executive program or higher, only.
List of what will be covered during the 15-20 hours that this course is expected to take-
- Introduction & important definitions under GST
- Role of GST Practitioner; Authorisation & withdrawal for GSTP, opportunities for professionals under GST
- Registration process under GST; composition scheme, exemption
- Returns under GST; due dates, understanding GST portal & GST return system
- Input Tax Credit; Requirement for ITC, reversal & input service distributor
- GST Audit. GST refund, GSTR 1, 3B, 9 & 9C
- Time & valuation of supply; Reverse charge mechanism
- Place of supply of goods & services; Export & import goods & services with case studies
- Preparation of tax invoice; credit & debit notes, e-invoicing, E-Way bill
- Provisions for inspection, search, seizure, demand & recovery
Once a week class of 2 hours will be held in the form of webinars and recorded sessions. Upon completion of the online GST training, an MCQ-based assessment will need to be cleared. A project report will also need to be submitted. Once both the assessment and project reports are assessed, a certificate of completion will be provided to the student.
NIIT is a well-known skills and talent development center with a footprint in 30 countries. They have a comprehensive array of learning solutions for individuals and enterprises and are also present in Jaipur. This option for classroom-based GST certification courses in Kota is titled Introduction to GST and is offered at select NIIT centers.
Students get 20 hours of intensive learning from Industry veterans focusing on-
- Understanding GST concepts
- Supply of goods & services
- Time of Supply/Value of Supply
- Invoicing & Input Credit Mechanism
- Returns & Payment of Tax
- Consequences of Non-compliance
- Accounts & other records
- Tax rate structure & Refund of Tax
- Transition to GST
- Input Service Distributor (ISD)
- Job Work and Non-Resident Tax Payer
- E-Commerce and Compliance Rating
- Role of the Tax Return Preparer
- Knowledge of GSTN and GSP
- Understanding the Audit process
- Learn about Demands and Recovery
- Learn about Appeals and Revision
- Understand Liability to Pay
The study material for Tally will be provided as part of the course. Students will get to practice what they learn through the machine room access. NIIT will provide a participation certificate titled “Introduction to GST” once the course is finished. The e-certificate from Tally will need to be earned by clearing an online Tally exam.
Recommended Read: Financial Modeling Courses in Jaipur
6. Rajasthan Knowledge Corporation Limited
Rajasthan Knowledge Corporation Limited or RKCL in short is a PLC set up as a joint venture between the Government of Rajasthan and other educational institutions to develop an educational framework to meet the developing IT skills need in the state of Rajasthan.
RKCL has been included as one of the GST certification courses in Kota as it offers a Certificate in Financial Accounting, which is an integrated course that covers accounting inclusive of GST and Tally as a package.
This is an exhaustive program as it takes about 100 hours or 10 weeks to complete, with students dedicating about 2 hours a day for the course to go through –
- Basics of Accounting
- Business Organisations
- Understanding of financial statements
- Computerized accounting
- Valuation of inventory
- Introduction to Tally ERP 9
- Voucher entry and invoicing
- Advanced features in Tally
- Generating and printing reports in Tally
- Taxation – Direct taxes
- Indirect Taxation – GST & practical aspects in GST such as E-way bills, Debit & Credit note, GST compliance checklist, how to deposit tax, etc
- Enabling GST in Tally
- Miscellaneous aspects such as Introduction to tax return preparer, how to become a GST practitioner
- Electronic payments
- Basics of other relevant Acts such as ESI, PF, MSME Act & Registration, Business registration process, etc
- Introduction to MS Excel 2010
Study materials will include a tutorial CD and a comprehensive book on computerized accounting using Tally that’s available in English and Hindi. A joint certification from RKCL & Tally will be issued on successful completion of the course requisites.
Taking a cue from integrated taxation & tally courses that some of the institutes offer and as a parting thought in bringing this list of GST certification courses in Kota to a close, an understanding of the accounting software that is used by companies for GST implementation is also a worthwhile addition to your skills.
From that perspective, once you’ve learned GST in & out by choosing one of the courses in this article or from elsewhere, you could also look at learning Tally accounting software. A couple of options within Kota for this would be:
- Samyak IT Solutions Pvt Ltd.
- Educate Pro-IT
- Softcom Computer Institute
This list of centers offering Tally training is not exhaustive, but indicative only as a secondary choice within Kota for top-up, essential learning.
Recommended Read: Technical Writing Courses in Kota
7. Henry Harvin
With many awards and recognition to its credit, Henry Harvin is a global EdTech company offering a wide range of courses choices to its students. Their GST Practitioner course is, therefore, another popular choice to consider for GST certification courses in Kota. Both self-paced, as well as live online classroom options, are available.
The course takes 32 hours to complete. Classes have a flexible schedule and the program is split into 4 main modules that take a deep dive into the various topics outlined
- Module 1: Supply or Levy, Place and Value of the supply, Export & Import, E-way Bills.
- Module 2: Registration, Input Tax credit, ITC04, Transitional provisions, and Job work
- Module 3: Invoice, Account & Records, Tax payments, Time of Supply, Returns, and Refunds
- Module 4: Litigation management, Audit & Assessments, Offences & penalties, Demand & Recovery
- Complementary Modules: Soft skills & Resume writing
In addition to LMS access, practical training and placement assistance, etc, there is also the facility to complete projects in GSTR 3B, GSTR 1 & 2A. By electing to join their online GST training, you also get a 1-year membership to the Henry Harvin Accounts Academy. Another perk is that you could take part in the boot camps they run for the duration of your membership.
Q1. Can non-finance or commerce students learn GST?
Anyone can learn GST. Becoming a GST practitioner though comes with a few stipulations that must be met to become authorized by the government so do be cognizant of this.
Q2. How to choose the right institute to join?
In addition to reviewing the curriculum for depth and practical approach, understanding trainer background, etc, attending a demo session can help zero in on the correct course to take.
Q3. Can online GST certification courses in Kota help you find a job?
The GST certification courses in Kota are job-oriented, which means they equip you with the skills needed to be employed. Some of these institutions help in placement assistance too.
The article covered some of the best institutions to learn GST from. The mode of learning, where to learn from etc., are all dependent on your learning objectives. Taxation as a subject is not easy so do consider the experience of the faculty, how practical the course would be, the type and level of support you will receive during and after the course, etc in making your choice.