Free Social Media Marketing Course: 14 Coveted Options
Did you realize that almost 3.5 billion individuals use one or more social media platforms? That equates to roughly half of the world’s population. Because of the sheer number of users on these platforms, many companies and marketers are flocking to social media to create brand recognition, generate leads, and do other things.
If you haven’t already taken advantage of this tremendous opportunity, it’s not too late. The beauty of social media marketing is that if done correctly, it can help you develop your business enormously in a short amount of time. However, you must get off to a solid start.
Here is a Detailed Guide on Social Media Promotion for Marketers
Learning the most successful social media marketing strategies and using them effectively from the start may provide you with the extra boost you require. And taking one or more free social media marketing courses online from the comfort of your own home is now easier than ever. Below is a list of 14 of the greatest free courses for every social media marketer in this post. Continue reading to see which one you’d want to try:
Top 14 Free Social Media Marketing Courses
1. TikTok Marketing Masterclass (Influencer Marketing Hub)
One of the most comprehensive and useful courses available, teaching you all you need to know about mastering TikTok for your business or personal brand.
Ed Lawrence and Shelby Leimgruber, social media influencers with a proven track record, will be your course teachers for the TikTok Masterclass. She has a social media following of over 500,000 people and a 10% interaction rate.
This free social media marketing course has 11 lessons and extras that cover everything from the fundamentals to the intricacies of working with large brands. This course will teach you how to accomplish the following things:
- Basics of TikTok
- How to create a successful brand identity while maintaining authenticity
- How to Grow an Audience
- How to Increase TikTok Engagement
- How to Begin Collaborating with Brands
- What is the best way to generate money as a TikTok influencer?
The Course Is Completely Free And Includes The Following Resources:
- Templates for brand cooperation outreach, influencer case studies, and exclusive expert interviews (Rs. 10685.19 value)
- Worksheets for Production: Cue sheets, camera shot list, budget templates, and video planning and storyboard templates (Rs. 7737.56 value)
- Tools, scheduling tools, editing applications, optimization tools, and FTC requirements are all included in the TikTok Stash Bundle (Rs. 18054.30 value)
You may want to know about the Benefits of Social Media Marketing
2. What Is Social? (Coursera)
North-western University offers an introductory course in social media marketing, which is accessible through Coursera. Randy Hlavac of North-western University, who is also the CEO of Marketing Synergy, Inc., is the lecturer for this course.
The Following Are Some Of The Topics Covered In This Free Social Media Marketing Course:
- A primer on how to use social media to advertise your business.
- Trends in social media.
- What is the best way to use social media for business?
- The relevance of big data and the changing dynamics of social media.
Videos, reading materials, tasks, and quizzes are used throughout the course. It’s a nine-hour course, but they recommend finishing it in three to four weeks.
After completion of all the course modules, you get a certificate that you can share on LinkedIn or showcase on your resume.
You’ll receive a certificate after completing all the course modules, which you may post on LinkedIn or include on your résumé.
Learn how to create a Social Media Marketing Plan with this 8-point Checklist
3. Course on Social Media Analytics (Quintly)
This is a beginner-level free social media marketing course that you may take to learn the basics or to brush up on your skills. From analyzing your present position to automating analytics reporting, the training is broken down into sections or stages.
- Analyze the problem
- Compare yourself to competitors
- Collect data from multiple social media networks
- Identify key performance indicators (KPIs) to track your progress
- Understand how to read and comprehend analytics reports and statistics
- Selecting an audience for various types of reports
- Automatically generated reports
The course inclusive of videos, reading materials, and quizzes is a fun way to study.
As you know Social Media has become a great platform to promote your business, here learn How Social Media Marketing Helps in Your Business Growth
4. Use of Social Media (HubSpot)
HubSpot offers a social media certification course that will assist you in developing a sound social strategy and strengthening your social presence.
You Will Be Able To Do The Following By The Conclusion Of This Free Social Media Marketing Course:
- Create a social media marketing plan
- Monitor social media sites
- Create a social media content plan
- Boost your social media presence
- Learn how to utilize social media to market your company
- Determine the ROI of your social media marketing expenditure
- Other necessities for social media
Overall, it’s a one-stop shop that covers virtually everything you need to know about social media marketing. There are 9 lessons, 34 tests, and 40 videos in this course. It takes 4 hours and 39 minutes to finish, but they recommend spending additional time on each topic to ensure that you grasp it completely.
In case you want to outsource Social Media marketing work, here are the Top 15 Social Media Marketing Companies in India
5. Certification in Social Media Marketing (E-Marketing Institute)
This course, unlike most of the others on this list, does not include any videos or interactive features. It is a 165-page e-book that covers all the key areas of social media marketing.
You can take a test once you’ve finished reading the free social media marketing course content. You will receive a certificate that you may add to your résumé if you pass the test.
- The principles of social media marketing
- Social networking sites of various types
- How to persuade your target audience to listen to you
- Using social media to share content
- A social media marketing strategy
- Social Media Marketing Dos and Don’ts
Because this is an entirely text-based course, the time it takes to finish it will vary from person to person. Take your time reading it and only take the test when you’re ready.
6. The Social Media Business (Coursera)
This is another useful Northwestern University free social media marketing course that includes a certificate. This is more advanced training that will assist you in tracking your social media performance and connecting it to sales and other business tasks.
- Consider the following legal aspects of your social media approach
- Using various social media indicators to achieve real-world business outcomes
- Putting together a performance funnel
- Creating a trial program and proving its feasibility
Rather than being just academic, this course takes a more practical approach to learning. The course is given by a variety of teachers who are all professionals in their respective fields. The course takes five hours to complete, however, it is recommended that you finish it in three to four weeks.
7. Use Social Media To Build Your Brand And Sell Your Expertise (Social Creators)
This is a personal branding course that will assist you in developing a distinct social media personality and a strong social presence. This is very beneficial for influencers, but all marketers may profit from it.
The course is broken into four sections, each of which is presented as a video, making it simple to understand the ideas. A 21-page handbook on personal branding is also included in the training materials.
8. Creating Content For Social Media (edX)
The famous University of California, Berkeley, is offering this course for free. It gives a wide framework for creating social media content. Tim Peters, a Lead Content Strategist at Tata Consultancy Services, is the course’s instructor.
- Identifying your target market
- Writing material that is targeted to your target audience while also considering the distribution method
- Optimizing your content using efficient writing methods
- Making a connection with your audience through effective communication
The course will be completed in four weeks. You can attend the course for free, but you must pay to receive a certificate.
9. The Ethics of Social Media (Udemy)
This is an Udemy-hosted free course. Eric Schwartzman, who is also the instructor of this free social media marketing course, designed it. The course addresses the crucial issue of social media ethics and how to share material responsibly on social media.
This Course Will Teach You The Following:
- When it comes to social networking, use caution.
- Not publishing anything that might lead to you being fired or being sued
- Understanding what it means to behave ethically on social media
You may watch the videos for free, but you must pay for the certification. It’s a quick course that takes only 33 minutes to finish.
10. A Brief Overview of Social Media Strategy (Skillshare)
This is a beginner-level course from Buffer, and the lecturer is Brian Peters, their digital marketing expert. It is intended to assist you in developing a successful social media strategy.
- Developing a distinct voice
- Choosing the Best Platforms
- Using the appropriate tools, creating, and curating compelling content
- A five-step Facebook marketing plan
It’s a quick video instruction that takes about 43 minutes to finish. However, following each session, they recommend that you conduct your research and study.
11. Monitoring of Social Media (Udemy)
Eric Schwartzman has produced yet another free Udemy course. It will walk you through all of the different facets of social media monitoring.
Few Of The Subjects That Will Be Covered As Below:
- Filtering techniques for keyword phrases
- Choosing the proper keywords to track
- Identifying influences and compiling lists of influencers
- The disadvantage of rich text analysis is that it is difficult to curate material
- Monitoring techniques for various sites on social media
A combination of video and textual reading materials is used in the free social media marketing course. The route is 7 hours and 26 minutes long. You can access the video material for free, but you’ll have to pay for the certificate and other resources.
12. A Brief Overview of Social Media Advertising (SkillShare)
You might wish to hire someone to handle your social media marketing. If you want to learn how to create and run your campaigns, this Skillshare course is for you. This basic social media advertising course is designed for marketers, companies, small businesses, freelancers, and anyone else interested in leveraging the power of paid social advertising.
You’ll Learn How To:
- Key terminology and vocabulary should be learned
- Defining and assessing campaign objectives
- Segmenting the audience
- Creating images and content that will catch people’s attention
This free social media marketing course covers the fundamentals so thoroughly that it points you in the right way for furthering your knowledge. This is the cornerstone of social media advertising, and it will help you understand what is important in your campaigns, as well as how to get started and track your progress.
13. Picking Up Clients Using Advanced Social Media Marketing (Udemy)
Are you familiar with how social media marketing and advertising operate yet looking for a new challenge? This Udemy free social media marketing course is designed specifically for you. You’ll learn the following in less than 48 hours:
- The most prevalent falsehoods and blunders in social media marketing that are presented as “best practice.”
- How to “present” your business offering in private Facebook groups without being aggressive or unpleasant.
A Four-Step Approach That Allows You To Exhibit Knowledge And Get Clients To Pursue You.
- How to position oneself as a “problem-solution” so you don’t have to deal with sales objections ever again.
- What you can do about how inexpensive “marketing-tricks-n-tips” are making you look like a spammer.
- Why your rivals will never use the methods taught in this course, and how you can take advantage of this.
- What makes this training a sound investment in your social media marketing development?
It’s not just inexpensive (it’s free, after all), but it’s also tailored for freelancers, coaches, consultants, growing businesses, and more.
14. Marketing on Social Media (Oxford Home Study Centre)
This free online social media marketing course from Oxford Home Study Centre gives a basic introduction to everything social media and marketing on various platforms for novices and other inexperienced users.
This free social media marketing course is not only free to take, but it also comes with a certificate of completion that you can put on your resume. The course will show you how to do great social media marketing, why it’s so effective, and what goes into creating a social media marketing strategy plan.
You’ll Also Discover:
- What are the Five Ps of social media, and how do you put them into practice?
- How to grow your online presence to gain new followers and maintain them?
- Everything that goes into creating an all-encompassing social media strategy.
The fact that this free social media marketing course is self-paced makes it a wonderful alternative for growth and knowledge. There’s no need to speed through the exam and obtain your certification. This helps to keep stress and burnout at bay. It’s also simple to enroll in the course and receive full tutor help from beginning to end. You’ll always have someone holding your hand!
Courses and training programs at IIM SKILLS
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some of the finest free social media marketing courses available?
The finest free social media marketing courses:
- TikTok Promotion Masterclass (Influencer Marketing Hub)
- What is it that makes anything social? (Coursera)
- Analytics for Social Media Course (Quintly)
- The Internet (HubSpot)
- Certification in Social Media Advertising (eMarketing Institute)
- Social Media Marketing (Coursera)
- Using social media, you may establish your brand and sell your expertise (Social Creators)
- Social Media Writing (edX)
Check out the above article for additional information.
How can I get a free education in social media marketing?
As with other things, the bulk of online courses are pricey, in some cases prohibitively so. The Influencer Marketing Hub, on the other hand, offers a few free courses. TikTok Marketing Masterclass demonstrates how to use TikTok to grow your brand.
What is the best free social media marketing course?
The best social media marketing course is, of course, a matter of personal preference. To begin, the majority of courses focus on a single social network. For example, even the best Instagram school will not teach you how to increase your YouTube marketing.
How can I get free information on TikTok?
TikTok Marketing Masterclass provides the greatest free TikTok marketing training available. They show you how to use TikTok to develop your brand. TikTok basics, popularity, and features are among the modules available.
- Understanding your target market – Setting up your TikTok profile like a pro.
- How to produce TikTok videos that win awards.
- How to generate content that will grow your audience.
- How to generate money on TikTok.
- How businesses collaborate with influencers – The reach of TikTok advertisements, and more.
What is the best way for newcomers to get started with social media marketing?
Learning as much as possible about social media marketing is one of the first things a newbie should do. Taking one or more of the courses mentioned earlier in this article might be an excellent place to start. Some of the courses, such as Coursera’s What is Social? are aimed at novices. Although it may be aimed at a more sophisticated audience, HubSpot Academy’s Social Media Marketing Course offers certification.
These are some of the top free social media marketing courses for brushing up on your skills or learning new ones. If you’re new to social media and want to start from the ground up, have a look at a couple of these courses.
Choose the ones that pique your interest the most and give them a go. You may always switch to a more involved course if you don’t like the contents or approach, as they are all free. Good luck with your studies.