Top 3 Financial Modeling Courses At Wall Street Mojo With Practical Work
As an Indian, the recent Hindenburg report on Mr Adani’s companies has created a big buzz in the world of stock trading and the general market. Accurate financial modeling can have a meaningful impact on the world in such ways. It is a method used extensively by small and large companies to find value in certain businesses. Telling the future has been an unadmitted desire of human beings for millennia. Many financial professionals who have their heads in foretelling financial events in finance credit their abilities to financial modeling courses at Wall Street Mojo…
Before we discuss the details of financial modeling courses at Wall Street Mojo, we should have a good grasp of the concert we are surveying. The purview of financial modeling is wide and to inform you of the intricacies of the topic at hand would not far exceed the length of this article. Nonetheless, this article shall revolve around the simple task of explaining to you the intricacies of finance and financial modeling.
Regardless of whether you are a financial expert, professional, or layman who wishes to make a quick buck, learning about financial modeling is key. Financial modeling pertains to most business decisions as well as being a critical tool for the computation of key figures and statistics before performing portfolio investments. Valuations and critical business decisions are all informed by models of this kind. Financial modeling courses at Wall Street Mojo are offered in various shapes and sizes accordingly and to understand their value let us waste no time to start with…
Finance For Financial Modeling:
Finance is a subject of great significance in the modern world. The economic structure is the base and finance acts as the branches and tendrils of the economy that handle the working of money, currency, and the entirety of an economy as a unit. Finance is a field of demonstrable work where the valuation of assets, their management, and other fields combine to form a discipline that is the quintessential amalgamation.
It is a speciality that deals with accounting, mathematics, and statistics to varying degrees depending on the specific niche. Furthermore, it records multiple data records and has different practices that apply to individuals and companies. Finance deals with the accounting, cash & money aspects of a business enterprise and the entire exercise requires a hold on the time scales.
Business endeavours are solely centred around the profit-seeking motive. The quantity of profit to shareholders and to the business at large for the maximum amount of time is the ultimate goal that needs to be ensured. Finance indicators like wage to productivity ratio are factors that affect business in meaningful and predictable ways and thus they are given due credit in the first place.
This objective of profits need not mean profits in the present or no loss. Some businesses deliberately push more capital investment and capex to stay in losses with increased cash flows to sustain or expand their market share. They may drive out other options and competitors to fulfil this objective.
Finance may account for the real indicators of money and cash but can forecast the future just as well. The ‘financial’ in financial modeling courses at Wall Street Mojo is not used lightly or as a synonym to avoid emulating some other brand. Finance terms formulate the basis, the processes, and the outputs of these models.
However, finance is the embodiment of many sub-fields, the ones about financial models are as follows:
It is a field of finance where the major questions are, where the capital for business endeavours will be gained, how much would be lent from each source (equity or debt), how will this capital be allocated, what are the priorities of the business, etc. A corporate entity must answer these questions and how it answers will define the assumption inputs in the financial model it utilizes. Furthermore, the corporation is tasked with meeting daily or routine obligations and compulsory governmental audits so that its active production is not risky while aiming for long-term rising profitability and steady cash flow increase over time.
Financial modeling of projects for capital budgeting and the structure of capital to be funded in the specific case of financial assets is important to the asset management of a company. With the help of financial modeling courses at Wall Street Mojo, you’ll be able to improve your financial insight as well as the world of corporations and their financial statement handling. Regardless, corporate finance is a key aspect of finance to consider while conducting financial modeling.
Register For IIM SKILLS Financial Modeling Course Free Demo Session to know what the course entails.
- Financial Modeling Courses in Sydney
- Financial Modeling Courses in Singapore
- Financial Modeling Courses in Melbourne
- Financial Modeling Courses in Malaysia
- Financial Modeling Courses in Kenya
Turning to the other side of the coin, public finance relates to how the government spends its expenditure in a manner that fulfills established objectives. It is an exercise with multiple facets and numerous implications due to the direct influence of the government and the huge amount of funds being allocated. To do such an exercise in a vacuum with no idea of the future events about to unravel, or the specific amounts of money that are essential for the sustenance of growth ratios in a sector. Financial forecasts and models are key to this aspect of public finance. The economic policy followed by a government that improves banking conditions and the availability of credit can directly impact the viability of debt-fueled projects. Since the interest levied would be lower, the cost-to-product ratio will become favorable for the supposed project.
Furthermore, if the government proposes the proposition of bank mergers, financial modes are essential to figure out the effect on equity, debt, and cash flows this combining of financial entities would entail. Bank mergers or acquisitions are done for the benefit and welfare of both citizenry and state; for the citizen to keep their deposits secure, and for the state as they aid in retaining the trust of citizens in the financial system of a country. Therefore, to maintain trust in the policies of the government and the ruling party itself, mergers or acquisitions must be done without a hitch.
The risk of business is sometimes considered a part of the trade; a quality that is inherited when beginning a business and though that is true to a limited extent, the risk is an aspect that is actively reduced in modern times. The crises over the years have had their impact. Risk management is an important term today as financial models must subscribe to certain guidelines. Profits are maximized but not by increasing the risk of losing the business entity that is producing profit. That would be like shooting both of your feet to win the FIFA World Cup cash prize. Therefore, averting risk and maintaining a good flow of net profits through operating cash flows is the ideal scenario for a business. Financial modeling aids to predict the future of certain business decisions and evaluate their risk proposition. This allows businesses to measure whether the risk taken will result in a net benefit. It also allows businesses to foretell difficult future financial solutions and draw more cash flow for the time being and invest in the market at a later date. This method will not only insulate the business from cash flow problems but will positively impact their investment portfolios as well.
Risk is evaluated by financial models taught under the tutelage of the financial modeling courses at Wall Street Mojo in three distinct categories:
- Credit Risk – Inability to meet short-term obligations such as repayments.
- Market Risk – Losses due to market shifting in important factors.
- Operating Risk/ Operational Risk – Inability to meet internal functions due to lack of funds, people, or breakdown of important systems.
A business is no business if it does not put its free cash flows to good use. Managing capital sourcing, and its appropriate budgeting and allocation is a tough job. Capital investment is made in huge sums that must not be mismanaged. The aspects that require investment are several and their scope is way too wide for errors and mistakes to not occur every once in a while. Financial models however transform the scenario completely. Turning things on their head, these models are important to investigate the profitability and returns in the future from these investments. Financial modeling courses at Wall Street Mojo differentiate capex models and other aspects of investment in clear terms.
The management of assets under proper investment management is done in such a way as to relinquish the idea of the investment in a single group of assets. Diversification is a key goal to achieve while creating a portfolio that can generate sustainable numbers over years. Now that we have discussed some of the salient fields of finance that display their effects on financial models developed after completing the financial modeling courses at Wall Street Mojo, you should know more about…
Wall Street Mojo: The Easy-Going Finance Company
The financial website in question called Wall Street Mojo offers incredible financial data and analysis on stocks, mutual funds, and other investment alternatives. The website is filled to the brim with unique tools and information, such as stock quotes, financial news, stock market research, and portfolio tracking, to assist users in practicing educated investing. Additionally, Wall Street Mojo offers instructional self-study material free of cost that includes articles, tutorials, and tips on subjects like investing and personal finance. The subject matter is easy to digest and is welcoming for students or professionals who do not hail from a financial background. The founders, namely Dheeraj Vaidya and Shweta Pant Vaidya, envisioned a way to upskill financial professionals so that they are adroit at handling any financial models, valuations, and accounting of businesses.
The company is calibrated to foster the best financial talent in the field for the benefit of shareholders. They aimed to achieve this goal from the advent of their company through financial modeling courses at Wall Street Mojo since that is among their most popular courses. As an online learning platform, the financial modeling courses at Wall Street Mojo are well-crafted and are free from jargon or use it with care i.e. an utterance of novel terminology finds a precise explanation in its wake.
Now the catch comes in the fact the financial courses found on Wall Street Mojo are not much more than video tutorials for different financial topics. These videos cover a wide range of financial concepts like investment banking, private equity, and financial modeling as well. Though they are not the proposed courses they function in a similar manner of instruction and are free of cost.
However, when you click on all courses and the list of financial modeling courses at Wall Street Mojo springs up, you’ll notice that the site has been transferred to Wall Street Prep which is a separate company. The courses other than online video tutorials that are found on a Youtube channel with thousands of subscribers, the financial courses are furnished by a separate entity altogether.
The quality of courses is not any less than any other courses on financial modeling so there is little to worry about. Financial modeling courses at Wall Street Mojo are not a scam if you notice but are an affiliate link to the courses at Wall Street Prep. Furthermore, if you avail of the courses through WSM you’ll gain a 15% discount on all courses. Nonetheless, now that we have transparently showcased that financial modeling courses at Wall Street Mojo are not what they seem, let us move on to the ones we recommend since we have been awaiting the same for some time now.
Best Financial Modeling Courses At Wall Street Mojo
The conditions kept in mind while selecting the bunch of these courses were simple. Firstly, the knowledge component of any course is key. Without updated knowledge about the industry and learning of standard practices, there is little motivation for the user to take on that financial modeling course. A course is taken to gain information and comprehension of a vast arena of study.
The focus should rely on practical applications of these models and tips to overcome common struggles and impediments. Furthermore, the course delivery should not only be constrained to one format rather should be provided through PDFs and video format (recorded sessions & live sessions). Following are our recommended financial modeling courses at Wall Street Mojo…
1. Premium Financial Modeling Package:
This course is the creme de la creme of the courses offered by this financial organization. It is the most comprehensive course that is taught by respectable and weathered professionals in the finance field. It is a means to calibrate the skills of students to the professions they want to achieve such as investment bankers, corporate finance researchers, and private equity players. They also plan out the learning program to be in line with the best financial institutions in the country. The course delivers on educating you with the best modeling courses using best practices and enables you to develop real case studies based on real financial figures from scratch.
- Learning financial statement modeling using the historical records of a firm – Module 1
- Expanding on financial modeling with discounted flow analysis – Module 2
- Grasping the importance of key financial models like the M&A Model – Module 3
- Comparable Analysis and trading models – Module 4
- Comparable Analysis and transaction models – Module 5
- Working with the complexities of LBO Modeling – Module 6
- Target companies & buyer’s lists – Module 7
- WSP’s special mini course series – Module 8
- A special live course instructor meeting session
- Clearance to access the Pitchbook
Features of the Course:
- Valuable Wall Street Prep certification on completion
- It is an extremely beginner-friendly course – that requires basic accounting understanding and Excel functions.
- Self-paced course delivery
- A comprehensive course that works to build your financial intuition.
- Provides practical financial training to bridge the space between theory and practice.
- Support centre that allows students to gain access to updates from the staff at WSP.
- Permits students to upload their resumes at the WSP site.
- The course costs around 35000 INR without GST (15% off using MOJO code)
- Financial Modeling Courses in London
- Financial Modeling Courses in Hong Kong
- Financial Modeling Courses in Dubai
- Financial Modeling Courses in Australia
- Financial Modeling Courses in Auckland
2. The Basic Financial Statement Modeling Package:
It is a cheaper modeling course that solely focuses on financial statements. This modeling course serves a lower bracket of professionals or students who only wish to know about the basics of financial statements and how predictive modeling can be done on their basis. It is a basic modeling course that captures the importance of Excel functions perfectly. Excel is the easiest and most comprehensive software for modeling.
It has easy compatibility with Power BI for visualization purposes and possesses key functions that alleviate the challenge of financial modeling in spreadsheets i.e. the burden of calculations. It is also an easy way to create balance sheets that can be automatically adjusted for inputs and checked for potential accounting errors. The course will also dive deep into the minute details of circularity in financial modeling.
- A welcoming module for financial statement modeling
- Course downloads
- The roadmap for financial statement modeling
- Setting up Excel for building foolproof financial modeling
- Excel for Mac
- An introduction to Excel functions & shortcut keys
- Excel special add-ins for enhancing productivity
Features of the Course:
- Valuable Wall Street Prep certification on completion
- It is an extremely beginner-friendly course – that requires basic accounting understanding and Excel functions
- Self-paced course delivery
- A comprehensive course that works to build your financial intuition
- Provides practical financial training to bridge the space between theory and practice
- Support centre that allows students to gain access to updates from the staff at WSP
- Permits students to upload their resumes at the WSP site
- The course costs around 14000 INR before GST (without a 15% discount on the application of MOJO)
3. Financial Planning & Analysis Modeling Certification (FP&A Course):
This is a NASBA-registered (The National Association of State Boards of Accountancy) development program that delivers aspiring talent with the suitable skills for a financial planning and analysis professional. It is a course that delivers on the practical side with scintillating lessons teaching you about only the best, may that be techniques or procedures used by the best in the field. After going through this course, long-range financial planning will be little more than child’s play.
You’ll be surprised by the intricacies offered by the course and the effectiveness with which it deals with short-term and long-term projection modeling. The course also focuses on the often-neglected side of financial modeling which deals with explaining the data derived to shareholders to aid in decision-making processes. Thus, it is the ultimate package that helps you develop the needed FP&A skills and refines your communication and presentation skills.
- Introducing FP&A
- Income Statements and Operating Models
- Balance Sheet and Operating Models
- Cash Flow Statement and Operating Models
- The Operating Model structure in its entirety
- Managing projects, Planning long-term plans & their analysis
- Understanding corporate finance analysis
- Building Dashboard for Business Indicators
Features of the Course:
- FPAMC Modeling Certificate
- Learning important skills like forecasting, variance analysis, projections, dashboards, etc.
- Trains top candidates of the Fortune 500 companies
- This course costs around 35000 INR before GST (without applying the 15% discount using MOJO)
- Digital Marketing Course
- SEO Course
- Technical Writing Course
- GST Course
- Content Writing Course
- Business Accounting And Taxation Course
- CAT Coaching
- Investment Banking Course
Q1. What are some of the major uses of financial modeling?
Financial modeling is utilized for many significant purposes. These are:
- To assess future operational performance:
- For assessing the break-even point
- For predicting future financial conditions
- For ascertaining funds and specific allocation of capital expenditure in a project
- For predicting requirements of funds in future
- Predicting the free cash flows and how to generate them in future models.
- Working with equity financing i.e., equity value and value of shares
- Business ratio modeling for performance testing
- Showcases for changes in sales and finance growth.
- Essential for procedures like stress testing, scenario, and sensitivity analysis
Q2. How to construct a proper income statement?
You can begin to build an income statement from the revenue of a business to the EBITDA calculations of the business.
Q3. Why is formatting important in financial models?
Formatting is a tactic to improve efficiency in understanding as well as working with a model. It distinguishes between inputs and outputs and uses different colours for formulas, outputs, etc.
We hope you gained valuable insight into financial modeling and how it relates to finance through this article.