Financial Modeling Salary: A Complete Walkthrough
The financial aspect of any company is one of the most crucial ones. The current economic structure may contain several elements that may be obsolete with due time. Also, the present scenario and the prospect may have differences in massive magnitudes. To create a balance and perpetuity of financial soundness in an organization, an instrument called financial modeling is employed in the current business scenario worldwide. The financial modeling process is based on observing the present market trends, Finance of the business, future assumptions, and the essential financial documents of any company, namely the cash flow statement, income statement, and balance sheet. There is a financial department in firms to look after the company’s economic well-being.
Financial Modeling Salary: A Reflection
The financial modeling salary has been on a growing trend in recent years. There are various positions to be filled by individuals with a superior acumen in financial analysis and derivations. Financial Modeling is growing as a lucrative career option for various budding finance students and financial professionals working in different sections of the financial sector.
There are multiple aspects of financial modeling salary that we will take a glance at eventually. The current market demand for professionals with expertise in financial Modeling is constantly rising. A natural consequence is hiking commensurate salaries.
Some of the Important Positions in an Organization for Financial Modeling Are:
Financial Modeling Analyst:
This is the most in-demand position in the financial modeling profession. The minimum financial modeling salary is the job of an economic modeling analyst is around 2 49,000 INR. The maximum range of this figure is about 5 46 000 INR.
This makes the average salary of a Financial Modeling analyst around 397,500 INR. The job of financial modeling analyst covers quite a broad spectrum of evaluations, educated assumptions, interpretation of current economic trends, and predicting future trends for maximum financial productivity of a country.
Unleash the benefits of financial modeling with our 360-degree Financial Modeling Course Program. Enroll for a FREE demo now!
Some of the Significant Characteristics and Requirements of a Financial Modeling Analyst’s Job Are:
Proficiency in Excel Sheet: Error Can Take a Beat:
Excel sheet is like the backbone of financial and database operations. Being an expert in operating MS Excel becomes inevitable for an efficient financial modeling analyst. Chart creation, employing relevant formulae to pertaining problems, managing essential data, and establishing macros are some of the customary functionalities expected to be handy for a financial modeling analyst: the higher the proficiency, the lesser the scope for error.
Accountancy Concepts: Knowledge and Efficiency:
A solid knowledge base and applying the accounting techniques and formulae is a prerequisite for a successful financial professional. From basic accounting concepts to advanced complicated economic equations, a financial modeler would require a piece of extensive knowledge to create investment evaluations using different financial tools like NPV, IRR, and DCF. At least basic or mid-level accountancy knowledge will enable the modeler to perform a superior job.
The First Key to Management: Time Management:
Time is money, and money is synonymous with Finance. No matter the technical proficiency a financial modeling analyst may possess, the whole effort will be considered null and void if the task is not performed within the stipulated period. The essential element here is excellent work on excel with incredible timing sense. These are the crucial elements of a successful financial modeler.
Excellent Problem-solving Abilities: Both Seen and Unforeseen:
One of the prime duties of a financial modeling analyst is to create efficient models to counter pre-existing problems alongside a solid model that can be employed to assess and provide apt solutions to possible future problems. A modeling system that can solve issues fast and continuously is an essential expectation from a financial modeling analyst.
Easy Model: Easy Functionality
While creating a model, the analyst must keep in mind that the purpose of the model is for decision-makers to reflect, ponder and take an appropriate financial decision based on his creation. Therefore, a proficient financial modeling analyst will keep the whole readability of the spreadsheet accessible and functionally prudent.
Easy understandability leads to fast and timely decision-making, creating healthy profitability for the organization. The efficiency of the financial modeling analyst is directly proportional to the company’s profitability.
Flexibility: The Essence of Modern Financial Success
Changing trends are the norms that guide financial and global markets. The majority of factors combine the profitability and financial soundness of an organization or an industry as a whole. The financial modeling analyst must have the ability to update as a person and upgrade models as tools according to the changing norms.
Right assessment and due financial actions are elementary to the survival and sustenance of a business in adverse financial conditions. So flexibility to adapt and make necessary amendments to the existing models is customary of the financial model analyst. Apart from the professional acumen, there are certain responsibilities that are expected to be carried out by a productive financial modeling analyst.
- Create relevant financial models in an excel sheet based on past data and different industry-oriented dynamics
- Analyzing current business scenarios based on various micro and macro-economic factors.
- Periodic evaluation of the company’s worth using financial tools like comparative analysis, DCF, and capital structure analysis
- Up-gradation and suggestion of a better process to foster financial betterment for the organization.
- Identify and diminish risks of both financial and non-financial nature.
- Enhancing the operational quality of existing models and creating new superior models simultaneously
- Evaluate and employ relevant data for model tracking support.
Read Here: Financial Modeling Course Scope
Financial Model Salary for Various Analysts
The remuneration in finance professions is on average more than many other professions. The highly rewarding world of Finance requires acumen and efficiency in various aspects of Finance as a stream and profession. The salary in modern times is on a rise and is lucrative for many aspirants.
The training in financial Modeling is like a feather on a cap for Finance professionals. Financial Modeling is a highly demanded profile in the modern market. The financial modeling salary differs from firm to firm as well as designation-wise.
Some of the Prominent Profiles of Financial Modeling Analysts Are:
Private Equity Analyst
corporates, as well as start-ups, hire Private equity analysts in order to foster growth and enhance profitability within a short period of time. A private equity professional needs to have good knowledge of various accounting concepts. His primary job includes performing various ratio analyses in order to inculcate a healthy financial circulation within an organization.
Certain Major Functionalities of Private Equity Analysts Are:
- Interpretation, evaluation, and presentation of various financial ratios
- I am using various Valuation measures to assess the investment benefits of equity of a particular firm.
- Management of investment portfolios and various funds. Such portfolios may have a whole or partial share in a particular private company they vest their interest.
- Enhance the financial worth of highly valued individuals, private banks, and equity companies by raising finance and providing a higher return than public stock exchanges.
The financial modeling salary of a Private equity analyst varies depending on several factors. Experience, qualification, and the ability to enhance the current profitability of the firm. On average the salary ranges from 3.2 Lakhs to ₹ 44.6 Lakhs with an average annual salary of ₹ 9.5 Lakhs.
Professional Courses from IIM SKILLS
- Digital Marketing Course
- SEO Course
- Technical Writing Course
- GST Course
- Content Writing Course
- Business Accounting And Taxation Course
- CAT Coaching
- Investment Banking Course
Investment Banking Analyst
An investment banking analyst excels in excel sheets along with a variety of skill-set. Some of the most prominent qualities of an investment banker are:
- Expertise in financial analysis
- Ability to build financial analysis models for a detailed evaluation of assets and other valuation
- Working with investment personnel in order to gather financial information in order to create optimum profitability for the firm.
- Act as a mentor to trainee analysts and the ones junior to them
Financial modeling is an essential skill that an investment banking analyst needs to possess.in order to enhance the financial productivity of a firm. Certain essential actions like:
- Correct value estimation of shares
- Risk assessment accuracy
- Creating an overall sound financial structure
All come under the purview of an investment banking analyst
- Efficiency in PowerPoint and excel sheet
- Good communication skills
- Tenacity to work for long hours
Recommended Read: Financial Modeling Courses in India
Financial Modeling Salary: Indian Highlights
The gradual increase in financial modeling Salary over the years is due to many factors. Be it change in business, the major global technological breakthrough, the inevitability of the internet in our lives, or the ever-growing uncertainty in the financial market. The admiration and equivalent remuneration from financial modeling salary is constantly growing.
Also, the appropriation of salary depends on the organizational hierarchy. Let’s look at the designation and salaries of financial professionals in the current general business scenario.
Designation Salary Range (₹) Average Salary (₹)
Financial analyst 245000-1000000 503871
Senior Financial Analyst 320000-2000000 950932
Financial Manager 530000-3000000 1270840
Senior Finance Manager 940000-4000000 2523798
Vice-President (VP), Finance 2000000-6000000 3641308
Associate-Investment Banking 292000-2000000 1147548
Equity Research Associate 350000-1000000 678889
Financial Modeler’s Best Salaries in India
A financial modeler is an essential position for companies. The required expertise and expected productivity fulfillment are handsomely remunerated by some of the companies. Top salary paying companies for financial modeling includes:
This is an ISO 9001:2015 certified firm that deals in hiring and advancing leadership. They have one of the highest pay scales for the financial modelers. The annual salary amounts to ₹12, 75,604.
IKYA Human Capital Solutions Pvt Ltd.:
This is a firm dealing in finding experienced and bled managerial personnel for clients. The annual financial modeling salary of this firm amounts to ₹12, 65,176 annually.
Also Read: Is Financial Modeling a Good Career
The Top 5 Cities, Paying the Highest Salary in India
City aggregate salary
- Delhi: ₹12, 30,568. Per annum
- Bengaluru, Karnataka ₹11, 75,083. per annum
- Mumbai, Maharashtra ₹11, 55,120. Per annum
- Chennai, Tamil Nadu ₹11, 55,120. Per annum
- Pune, Maharashtra ₹4, 09,999. Per annum
Financial Modeling Salary: an Overview
Finance is known as the fuel for the smooth functioning of any business. The relentless efforts of abled financial professionals lead to all-over economic welfare for any firm or an industry as a whole. Apart from the core finance departments, changing trends and business uncertainties have given origin to financial modeling.
Financial modeling is an instrument that uses essential data to create a simulation, an artificial financial situation depicting the trends and patterns of the real financial world. This is done to enable the decision-makers or business leaders to reflect on the data and the model in order to make an optimum decision regarding an investment or contemplate steps towards a particular future project.
In simple words, financial modeling is an attempt to connect present scenarios and future possibilities by employing real financial data and other relevant information. The financial soundness of a company largely depends on financial modeling techniques to optimize productivity and economic well-being.
- Budget: a company’s budget is heavily data reliant. A proper model to ascertain profitability can be of immense help to make a budget that can have a real-time contribution to the growth of the company. The right assortment of funds to profitable investment options is what a successful budget is all about.
- Investment opportunities: the growth and expansion of a firm largely depend on the intelligence of its investment choices. Financial models can depict a trend and try to diminish absolute uncertainty in order to make a smart investment decision.
- Growth and expansion: the financial model data can be a useful determinant that enables the decision-makers to take a step towards expansion in the pre-determined direction and also to contemplate ways to make the business grow in the right way for overall development in productivity, and profitability, and workforce welfare.
The salary depends heavily on the expertise particular personnel possess in modeling operations. Also, various firms differ in their impartment of salary depending on various factors such as experience, location, the overall pay scale of the company, etc.
This Professional Should Have Some Basic Skills to Secure an Optimum Salary, Namely:
- Accounting: the basics of accounting is the first step toward successful financial modeling
- Spreadsheet expertise: tabulating valuable data is the eye aspect of financial modeling.
- Forecasting: the ability to forecast financial trends is a heavy expectation of a financial modeling professional
- Auditing: auditing skills can act as an additional skill in the resume of a financial modeler.
- Data analysis: the ability to analyze data for optimum organizational productivity is of great importance.
- Presentation: the type of data representation is really of importance for reference by decision-makers.
1. What is the role of a Financial modeling Analyst?
A financial modeling analyst performs several operations of financial nature in order to enhance the economic productivity of a company. The market trends are of a changing nature on a constant basis. The primary job of a financial analyst is to ascertain the current trends and make models of a superior nature using relevant data. Additionally, his job includes advising on investment decisions and evaluating the profitability of various business decisions.
2. What is the difference between financial analysis and financial modeling?
Financial analysis is performed based on trend analysis and ratio derivation of relevant data derived from financial statements and other economic and financial reports in a company. On the other hand, financial modeling is an instrument that enables depicting the real-world financial scenario for an organization to take the right and timely decisions in order to enhance profitability.
3. Is financial modeling lucrative in India?
With the increase in financial complexities over the years due to various socio-economic reasons, the consecutive enhancement in financial modeling has taken place. A holistic rise in the demand for financial modeling professionals has given rise to the subsequent amount. So all over, yes, the current salary is one of the most lucrative ones, especially for someone with a knack and inclination toward finance.
4. What is a good online platform for a beginner to learn financial modeling?
There are lots of good institutes that offer extensive as well as expansive courses in financial modeling courses. However one of the best places to get your introduction to financial modeling course is IIM Skills. The curriculum here contains basic accounting concepts, which are e pre-requisite to endeavor the long journey that is financial modeling as a course and a profession. Knowing the basic principles of accounting and also the simplified guide to financial modeling provided by IIMskills is a great way to start your journey of learning the subject. The assistance of the professional guides here will enable you to make your foundation strong and perception wide and open to the multiple dynamics of financial modeling as a beginner in the subject.
5. What is the national average salary for a financial modeler in India?
The national average salary for a financial modeler is 7, 60,644 In India. The salary for a fresher generally depends on the institute and practical assignments are done by him.
Mostly, analysts are a bachelor’s owns a master’s, or at least a bachelor’s degree in business-oriented streams such as BBA or MBA. However, some experienced analysts recommend starting with an accounting degree as it strengthens the foundation for evaluation and analysis of various financial statement dynamics, which may seem complicated otherwise. Doing a financial modeling course can be of immense help in the pursuit of CFA. The nitty-gritty of financial dynamics is well understood by a financial modeler. The knowledge of financial modeling can be of great assistance in doing CFA, which is perhaps the most complex course in the financial analysis world.