Top Digital Marketing Interview Questions With Answers
Tensed about your Digital Marketing interview Questions? Don’t worry! We are here to assist you. This article helps you to uplift your confidence and prepare you well with the most frequently asked digital marketing interview questions and answers.
One of the most demanding fields in the online space. Digital Marketers make use of the internet and digital technologies like mobiles, desktops, and other digital media to advertise their products and services to audiences across the world.
Top Digital Marketing Interview Questions (Q & A)
In this article, you can find two sections of Digital Marketing Interview questions:
- Frequently asked Digital Marketing Interview Questions
- Experience-based Digital Marketing Interview Questions
- Basic Digital Marketing Questions
- Advanced Digital Marketing Questions
Let’s dive into the Question and Answers for the Digital Marketing role
Learn about extensive keyword research with the Best Content Writing Course
Frequently asked Digital Marketing Interview Questions
1) What do you mean by Digital Marketing?
Digital Marketing is defined as online marketing. It is the process of using digital technologies to promote products and services.
2) How do you classify Digital Marketing?
Digital Marketing is classified into two types: Inbound Marketing and Outbound Marketing
Inbound Marketing: Marketing through the various platform to give awareness to the customer about the companies doing via channels like SEO, content marketing, Video’s, Webinar, etc
Outbound Marketing: Reaching out to the clients/targeted audience via TV ads, newspaper advertisement mails, etc
Learn web development at WordPress with the Top Digital Marketing Course
Get Professional Career Guidance And Learn how to Get high-paying Digital marketing jobs.
3) What are the different types of digital marketing?
Different types of digital marketing are
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Content Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- E-commerce Marketing
4) How can you increase traffic to your website effectively?
Traffic to the website can be increased in the following ways:
- Paid search
- Display advertising
- Content marketing
- Writing crisp headlines
- SEO activities
- Content optimization
- Targeting long-tail keywords
- Guest blogging
- Seeking referral traffic
- Posting content on LinkedIn
- Linking Internally
- Email marketing
- Social Media advertising
You may be interested in our article Top 10 Digital Marketing Courses in Nigeria
5) Explain SEO
SEO is an abbreviation for Search Engine Optimisation. It is the process of structuring, enhancing content, and organizing the website. This helps the Search engine to index them in the right way. The process of increasing the quantity and quality of website traffic helps to increase the search engine rank.
For more SEO related questions check the Top SEO Interview Questions and Answers
6) What is the keyword in Digital marketing? How do keywords matter in SEO?
“Keyword” is the word entered by the user in the search engine to find specific information. It aids your website to rank higher which helps users to find your website easily.
7) Name the key areas which help to optimize the website ranking?
Keywords can be used in the below areas which help to optimize the website ranking
- Website URL
- Website Title
- Meta tag
- Web page content
- Body text
Read and learn about the Top 10 Digital Marketing Courses in Kota
8) What do you understand by PPC or Pay Per Click?
PPC is the method used to increase traffic to the website. In this method, the advertiser pays the website owner for each click on the links of the website.
9) How can you achieve a better page ranking?
To achieve better page ranking keywords can be used in the below areas:
- Keywords in website URL
- Keywords in the website title
- Keywords in the meta tag
- Keywords in web page content
- Keywords in body text
- Keywords in headlines
Sign up for a demo session below:
10) Define on-page optimization?
On-page optimization is used to optimize your website content such as the title of the page, meta description tag, URL structure, high-quality content. It helps to increase the ranking in the search engine.
11) Define off-page optimization?
It is used to create high-quality backlinks such as promoting the content via social channels, leveraging social interaction with the website.
12) List a few important Digital Marketing tools
- Keyword Discovery
- Rank Watch
- Alexa Ranking
- Google Analytics
- Crazy Egg Heatmaps
- Favicon Generator
- XML Sitemap Generator
- Submit Express Link Popularity
- Digital Point Keyword Tracker
- Google Trends
- Google Keyword Planner
- Buffer App
13) What are the different types of PPC to determine the charges?
In Flat rate PPC, publisher and advertiser agree to a fixed charge which will be paid for each click. The publisher proposes a rate card based on different areas of their website. The rate varies according to the content.
In Bid based PPC the advertiser bids for an amount that he is ready to pay per click on the ad.
14) Define Google AdWords?
Google AdWords is one of the well-known online advertising platforms created by Google. It is built on the PPC model. It helps business owners to create ads that appear on the google search engine and their other properties.
15) Mention the rules for effective PPC words?
Relevant: Targeted words should be listed out.
Exhaustive: Include Long Tail Keyword Search.
Expansive: Since the PPC method is iterative, the keyword list should be continuously adapting and growing.
16) List out the key elements to increase the conversion rate for Pay Per Click?
The conversion rate is used to bring more visitors to your website. The key elements to increase the conversion rate are
- Writing effective content on your website that is apt to the queries in a search engine or keyword. A high degree of appropriateness must be maintained between the ads and the related landing pages. The website must have a simple registering process, sign-up process.
- The design of the landing page should have an attractive GUI, color, and layout which help to attract customers.
- Digital Marketing Courses in Delhi
- Digital marketing Courses in Mumbai
- Digital Marketing Courses in Kolkata
- Digital Marketing Courses in Bangalore
- Digital marketing Courses in Pune
17) How do you upskill yourself with Digital Marketing Trends?
The websites like WordStream, Blog, Mashable, Social Media Examiner, Neil Patel Blog, etc are the most helpful resources to upskill Digital Marketing Trends
18) List three email marketing tools.
The three email marketing tools are Campaign Monitor, Litmus, MailGenius.
19) Define Social Media Marketing?
Social Media Marketing is defined as creating and sharing content on social media channels to achieve product branding goals. It involves activities like posting videos, images, and other content that captures the targeted audience.
20) List three elements of Digital marketing?
21) How many characters are allowed in Google AdWords advertisements?
The maximum limit allowed for Headings and Subheadings is 30 characters and for Description, the maximum limit allowed is 90 characters.
22) List the difference between AdSense and AdWords?
- AdWords is used to advertise on Google Network
- AdSense is used to reserve space for AdWord Placement on their website
- By using AdSense Website owners are getting paid by Google
- By using AdWords Business are Paying Google to place their ads
- The Signup process for AdWords and AdSense are different
23) Mention the use of YouTube in Digital Marketing?
Interesting videos helps to boost SEO traffic, expand social network and increase ROI
24) What helps to drive digital traffic to our website immediately?
Engaging time-sensitive material such as contests, promotions, giveaways is an effective way to drive digital traffic.
Answering customer queries which helps to generate leads also aids to drive digital traffic.
25) Explain webmaster tools?
It is defined as a collection of web utilities that ay the site owners create a Google-friendly website. It is used to:
- Index the website
- View craw error
- To get data about the incoming search traffic, etc
26) Define the long-tail keyword?
A Long-tail keyword is a phrase containing a minimum of 4+ words. It helps to boost rank when compared to a single keyword.
Check out our comprehensive article on Google Digital Marketing Courses
Experienced-based Digital Marketing Interview Questions
Now let’s discuss a few Digital Marketing Questions based on the job roles.
27) Name the skills needed for Digital Marketing?
The skills needed for digital marketing are creativity, writing skills, editing skill, analysis skill, and technical skills.
28) Which is necessary: number of likes/followers or engagements?
Engagement is best than followers /likes because social media isn’t only about followers or likes. The reason is that unless followers of likes help to convert into sales or boost business there is no use in increasing them.
29) What made you pick up this career?
Reveal the reasons for choosing digital marketing as your career. Listed below are the few reasons
- Digital marketing helps to explore both technology and marketing.
- It has a high demand in the present and future
- Passion towards it.
30) Define Black hat SEO?
It is used to increase the page rank in search engines by violating the search engine’s terms and services.
31) Define White hat SEO?
It is used to increase the page rank in search engines by maintaining the integrity of the website and by following the search engine’s terms and services.
32) Define Grey hat SEO?
Grey hat SEO is the amalgamation of both Black hat and White hat SEO techniques. It is considered risky but gives excellent results when implemented in the right way.
For Intermediate Level
33) Define Viral advertising or marketing?
The Viral advertising strategy uses social networks to promote products on social media platforms. It alludes to spreading information about products to other people.
34) How do you generate leads?
Leads can be generated in the following ways
- Investing time in long-tail keyword research
- Use social media to create a relationship with customers.
- Bottom-of-funnel-content landing pages to attract sales-qualified leads
- Create content to spread the word about the latest features
- Use professional networks like LinkedIn, AngelList
- Having a partnership with companies from the same market
- Attending or sponsoring events, fairs, and conferences.
35) Explain the lifecycle of the shopper on a website?
When the user clicks on the website the first thing the user looks around is to see whether something interests or engages them. If the user is interested they interact with the website by sharing the details and adding them to the cart, this becomes leads. Leads get converted into sales/customers when the transactions are successfully completed.
36) How do you calculate Return on Investment?
- ROI is calculated by the difference between sales and the cost of advertising (investment amount in marketing)
- ROI = sales – invested amount in marketing
37) How do you gain the attention of potential customers for the products offered by our business through social media channels?
A few ways to gain attention is through
- Quality content
- Catchy headlines
- On-time response to the comments
- Quality Visual media
- For Advanced Level
38) How do you plan and implement the marketing budgets?
We can plan and implement the marketing budget by aligning marketing goals with the company’s strategic goals. A detailed marketing plan is developed by identifying the marketing budget. Then allocate the marketing budget
Finally, the implementation of the marketing budget plan takes place.
39) Can you share your expertise in Digital marketing?
Digital Marketing is too vast and there are so many things to do in this market. Share your expertise and back them up with a few examples according to your experience.
40) How can you add value to the enhancement of the organization?
Digital Marketing experts will have mastery of over-analytical and social skills to identify the potential audience and understand the requirement of the customer.
41) How do you realize a bad link?
Few misleading, irrelevant, or broken links can decrease the website’s ranking. These links are called bad links.
42) How can we avoid a rank penalty?
We can avoid the rank penalty in the following ways
- Stay away from plagiarism while creating content.
- Stay away from poison words
- Stay away from linking websites with a bad ranking
43) How do you upskill yourself with the latest Digital Marketing Skills?
Capture the attention of the interviewer by sharing the latest technical digital marketing skills that you have learned. It can be from reading blogs, HubSpot, Mox, etc.
44) Could you rate yourself on a scale of 1-10 depending upon the expertise you have in Digital marketing?
The interviewer can assess your strength, weakness, confidence level, and expertise on the subject. Make sure you give an accurate answer without overrating or underrating.
Hope these Digital Marketing interview questions help you to hone your skill during interview preparation. Make sure that you have done adequate research on the company before you walk in for the Digital Marketing Interview Questions.
Feel free to share your experiences in the Digital Marketing Interview. Also kindly check our Digital Marketing Course which is 12 weeks of Online Digital Marketing Training and 3 Months guaranteed Internship.
All the Best to Ace your Digital Marketing Questions!!!
More Courses and Coaching Programs