Social Media Marketing Online Course: 5 Best Choices
Everyone, in today’s age of the internet and advanced technology, has come across Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, Instagram, Linked In, and so on. These platforms, collectively known as social media platforms, have an overpowering influence on everyone facilitated by easy accessibility through smartphones.
One is considered mossy if not present on at least one social media platform. The influence exerted by these social media platforms is exhibited by the enormous amount of traffic attracted by them. Social media marketing online course helps to master the skills needed to register brand presence on various social media platforms.
Why Marketing on Social Media?
Want to create brand awareness? Longing to make your brand more visible to the customers? Want to create immediate brand recall? Social media marketing online course is the answer. Eyeing the reach of social media in today’s fast-paced world and the impact it wields over the young and the old alike, social media marketing has become an essential tool in the marketing strategy arsenal.
E-marketing has evolved as a major advertising strategy and has opened a plethora of opportunities for entrepreneurs and businesses alike. From international organizations like Apple, Microsoft, Samsung to the next door mom and pop stores, all are harnessing the power of the social media platform to reach their target clients and enhance their business.
A major plus point of social media marketing is the direct access to the customers without any mediator. Anyone not using this economical marketing strategy for his or her brand is losing an incredible opportunity for promotion.
Learn content marketing using social media with the Best Content Writing Course
Social Media Marketing Techniques
Drooled over that enticing yummy pizza ad while browsing through your Facebook page? Loved that fascinating necklace grabbing your eyeballs on the Insta page? That is what social media marketing does. Connecting your target audience or potential customers through videos, blogs, podcasts, etc., engaging them through reactions, comments-are all the techniques used for social media marketing.
Consumers directly connect with the brand, view their opinion about the brand through ratings, reviews, and comments. This makes consumers feel more engaged with the brand and helps develop confidence in the brand. Establishing consumer brand connect helps businesses stay ahead of their competitors.
Here is the 8 Point Checklist for Your Social Media Marketing Plan
Skills Required to Be Social Media Manager
What does it take to become an effective social media manager? Some of the skills needed are:
- Good Copywriting Skills: For a social media manager, it is important to know how to write a good copy. Not having good copywriting skills makes it difficult to create engaging visual content or creating interesting tweets or Insta posts. A good copy instantly attracts prospective clients to your website and generates leads.
- Designing: Designing is another essential skill needed for social media marketing. Videos and images are more appealing to the consumer than plain text. Creating engaging visual images and videos thus becomes very important and these are impressive instruments to engage the audience.
- Communication Skills: In principle, social media is nothing but a communication domain. A social media manager is the representative of the company responding to the messages that the consumers post on various social media platforms. For this, one must have good colloquial skills to engage positively with the clients on social media and create a positive impact in their minds regarding the brand.
- Flexibility: Social media consists of fast-paced platforms where trends change overnight, hence one must be adept at adjusting to the quick changes at very short notice. Being flexible helps you to manage a disgruntled customer or an appreciative one with equal ease.
- Knowledge of Consumer Behavior: Knowledge of behavioral psychology helps you understand the ‘why’ behind the trends on social media. Analyzing the cause behind those trends helps you create successful future trends and tap on its popularity quotient to promote your brand.
- Tracking The Trends: A skill absolutely must for the social media manager is to be in the know of the latest trends. Using that knowledge to create campaigns that enhance your brand impact is what makes you a successful social media manager.
After completing the course, one can be employed as a social media manager, social media marketing coordinator, social media consultant, social media marketing expert, social media marketing executive, social media strategist, lead generation specialist, and many more.
Social media marketing executives are much in demand as online presence has become a must for most businesses. Top headhunters include Zivame, Star, Nykaa, American Express, Fractal, Flipkart, Amazon, Netflix, etc.
So once we have understood the power of social media for marketing and brand building, let us check out which is the best online course that can be pursued virtually to master social media skills.
Following Is The List of Social Media Marketing Online Course:
#1. IIM Skills
IIM Skills, one of the leading institutes, offers a digital marketing course that covers all the aspects relating to social media marketing online course. Major social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Linked In, etc. are covered in detail through extensive six modules.
The course provides candidates with hands-on practical training and the latest marketing tools to gain mastery in social media marketing. After completing the course, students will be able to set up business profiles on social media platforms and can run ad campaigns, know the ways to increase traffic to their social media accounts, increase brand visibility and reach the target audience.
Fees for the Digital Marketing Course by IIM Skills is Rs. 34,900 plus 18% GST.
The Master Digital Marketing Course covers all the topics relevant to social media marketing and above all, it prepares you for international certifications from Google, Facebook, and HubSpot. These certificates add weightage to your resume and help you to stay on top in the fiercely competitive job market.
The course trains you to work on various social media tools to get the hang of real-world setup. The institute also provides an opportunity for a virtual internship (unpaid) to further hone your skills and provides an opportunity to work on real-time projects.
The Master Digital Marketing Course carries 180 hours of live training with 15+ live projects and 10+ case studies to work on. There is a total of 40 modules including 6 modules for social media marketing. The 6 modules cover the topics like what is social media marketing and its importance, Facebook marketing, Twitter Ads, Pinterest, LinkedIn Ads and marketing, Facebook pixel, and many more. It gives you tools like Buffer, TweetDeck, Hootsuite, Canva, and other relevant social media tools.
- Demo session before joining the course to get a hang of social media marketing.
- Guaranteed internship of 3 months.
- A money-back guarantee is provided if not satisfied with the course.
- Writing blog for Times of India.
- Lifetime access to course material.
- Placement support.
IIM Skills has partnerships with the following Brands
Reviews and Testimonials
#2. Udemy Social Media Marketing Online Course
Udemy, a well-known online education platform, offers a social media marketing online course. From the very basic introductory level course like SEO and social media marketing to advanced courses on managing social media accounts, Udemy has a relevant course for everyone. Two of the bestselling courses on the Udemy platform are Social Media Marketing Mastery and Mega Digital Marketing Course A-Z.
1)Social Media Marketing Mastery course has 9.5 hours’ duration.
2) Mega Digital Marketing Course A-Z is of 59+ hours’ duration.
1)Fees for the Social Media Marketing Mastery course are Rs. 8,640.
2) Mega Digital Marketing Course A-Z fees are Rs. 8,640.
1)Social Media Marketing Mastery course will give you an in-depth insight into social media marketing. The course covers levels from beginner to advanced. You will learn different marketing strategies and understand how to master Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and other social media platforms.
The course will help you to learn how to use LinkedIn profiles for ads and grow your business. It gives mastery on Pinterest, Instagram to help grow your enterprise. You will acquire the nuances of Google Business to advertise your business and learn search engine optimization for ranking at the top of the Google page.
2) Mega Digital Marketing Course A-Z helps create successful online campaigns on different social media platforms. The course is for all levels. It helps to devise ways to divert traffic to your website by search engine optimization and rank on the first page of Google.
It trains candidates to successfully design and create websites, identify target consumers and convince them to purchase your products. Also, you will learn copywriting to create powerful blogs, create effective and catchy headlines, use headline analyzers, and use various automation tools to upgrade your content for it to become more convincing and attractive for the niche audience.
1)The Social Media Marketing Mastery course covers 12 sections in 83 lectures. The topics covered during the training are an introduction to social media marketing.
2) Mega Digital Marketing Course A-Z covers 55 sections in 425 lectures. The course contains topics like introduction to digital marketing, website creation, and optimization, business advice, marketing cognitive biases part 1 and 2, web persuasion, CB practice, the 4 business energy, email marketing, SEO, SEO optimization, SEO keyword search, IG introduction to Instagram ads, tips for Instagram marketing, and many more important topics.
1)All the Udemy courses including the Social Media Marketing Mastery course come with:
- 30-day money-back guarantee if the candidates are not satisfied with the course.
- 5 hours videos on demand.
- Lifetime access to the course content.
- 31 downloadable resources.
- Mobile and TV accessibility.
- Certification on successful completion of the course.
2) The course comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee if one is not satisfied with it.
- 57 hours of on-demand video.
- 84 downloadable resources.
- Assignments for practice.
- Access is provided on TV and mobile.
- Lifetime access.
- Certification on completion.
#3. Social Media Marketing Course (Short-term) Certification By NIIT
A leader in the market in IT education with a presence in 30 countries, NIIT provides a short-term certificate in social media marketing online course, that makes candidates well-versed with social media techniques. The course offers live projects to understand social media marketing strategies better and create successful social media campaigns. All state-of-art tools are covered in this hybrid learning program consisting of e-class and live sessions.
Duration: The course length is 40 hours.
Fees: The social media marketing course at NIIT costs Rs. 6700 (excluding 18% GST.)
The course enables you to work on different social media marketing strategies for various platforms like Facebook, Linked In, YouTube, Google, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, etc. It trains learners to create campaigns that help make the brand visible to the audience. It also assists you to publish your content on social media platforms. With NIIT’s presence across 30 countries worldwide, NIIT certification increases your employability manifolds.
The course content is spread over 40 hours covering topics such as basics of digital marketing, introduction to social media marketing, defining brand medium, working with social media marketing on various platforms like Twitter, Pinterest, Tik Tok, Facebook, WhatsApp, LinkedIn, content planning and promotion,
content technology, content marketing and resources, and many other state-of-art concepts. Moreover, though the course is online, candidates can get assistance for any doubts from the nearest NIIT center. Also, app-based learning is provided.
- App-based concerted learning.
- NIIT certification.
- Nearest NIIT center assistance.
- Peer and faculty connect the facility.
#4. Social Marketing Certification Course By Hootsuite Academy
Hootsuite Academy’s social media marketing online course will enable learners to develop the necessary social media marketing skills to connect with the target audience and drive traffic to their website. The certification course is reputed and recognized by industry experts. The course gives candidates hands-on practice and skills which they can execute and see the positive outcomes right away.
Duration: The course length of the social media marketing course by Hootsuite Academy is 40 hours.
Fees: The course carries fees of USD 199.
The course covers beginner and intermediate levels. Beginner-level modules are an introduction to social media networks like YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat, etc., optimizing social media profiles on various social media platforms.
The intermediate level modules consist of social media strategy-A to Z, setting strategic goals, operational considerations, growing your advocate community, engaging, growing and leveraging your social media, engaging with influencers and advocates, content marketing fundamental, creating and curating content for social media, creating content for Instagram, creating and sharing social video, social advertising fundamental, and many other relevant topics.
The certificate can be earned by clearing a 60-questionnaire virtual exam that tests your core competencies concerning social media marketing. A minimum qualifying score of 80% is required to clear the exam.
- Hootsuite provides a free demo before getting admission to the social marketing certification course.
- Candidates get the industry-recognized certification.
- A permanent online certificate.
- Trainers are expert practitioners from Hootsuite Academy.
#5. Certification Course In Social Media Marketing by HubSpot
This certification course by HubSpot will equip you to create a successful social media strategy to help you expand your presence on the digital platform. It will create brand awareness for your business and will attract buyers to your website. The course will assist to create the right content and drive business growth. So let the power of social media support and enhance your business as well as your career.
Duration: The course has 4 hours’ duration.
Fees: The course is free. Just create an account and begin to learn.
In all, there are 8 lessons covered through 39 videos. The concepts include developing a social media strategy (6 videos), social media listening and monitoring (4 videos), how to build a content strategy for social media (7 videos), extend reach on social media (5 videos), building relationships using social media (4 videos), social media advertising introduction (3 videos), measuring social ROI (return on investment) (4 videos), the prerequisite for continuous success on social media (4 videos). The competency of learners is examined through 29 quizzes.
- A globally recognized course.
- No fees are charged.
- Flexible timings to adjust to your busy schedule.
- Personalized training tailor-made to your needs.
These are some other courses that can be included in the list containing the institutions offering a social media marketing online course. However, the list is not exhaustive. There are many other reputed institutes, for example, UpGrad, Coursera, LinkedIn Learning, Simplilearn, Delhi School of Internet Marketing (DSIM), Indian Institute of Digital Education (IIDE), etc. offer an intensive social media marketing online course.
More job-oriented courses at IIM SKILLS
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is eligible for the social media marketing online course?
Ans: Eligibility criteria for the social media marketing course differ from institute to institute. Minimum qualification is 10+2 or equivalent exam. For some institutes, it can be graduates. Some courses do not require any specific qualification.
- Social media marketing courses are online or offline?
Ans: Social media marketing courses can be pursued digitally (online) as well as offline depending upon the budget, time, and career objectives.
- What are the tools provided in the social media marketing online course?
Ans: Some of the latest tools provided by various social media marketing courses are Buffer, BuzzSumo, Canva, Hootsuite, Later, SEMrush, Sprout Social, Feedly, Biteable, MeetEdgar, Talkwalker, Brandwatch, etc.
- What is the fee for a social media marketing online course?
Ans: Average fee for social media marketing depends upon the college one joins and varies between INR 10,000 to INR 90,000. Also, many courses offered online are free.
- Is social media marketing a good career?
Ans: In the age of the information technology boom, social media marketing is one of the fastest-growing sectors and offers innumerable opportunities to professionals in this field. Social media marketing has become an absolute must for businesses to register online presence, hence they hire social media professionals to help improve revenue and drive sales for their brands.
- What is the average salary of a social media marketing professional?
Ans: Average pay for a social media marketing professional ranges from INR 3-6 lacs per annum depending upon the job profile and the experience.
The Last Word…
In the final analysis, we have observed that in today’s technology-driven world as more and more people become net-savvy, it is very crucial to reach the target audience to build a brand and drive up sales. And nothing is better than social media to get to the ever-occupied individuals who are always on the go.
Hence, social media marketing has become an extremely powerful tool to build the brand, reach more clients, and increase sales. This has created a robust demand for social media marketing professionals to tap on the skills taught in a social media marketing online course and help businesses thrive.
So, select a proper course based on your budget, time, career goals and get going enhancing your career prospects armed with social media marketing certification. Good Luck!