A Minimalist Guide On How To Be An SEO Executive In India
Suppose you are an aspiring internet marketer or an aspiring SEO executive in India looking for “inspiration in the form of bite-sized morsels of wisdom.” In that case, this is the blog for you.
It gives insight into how to be a successful SEO expert, the role and responsibilities of an SEO specialist, and how you can help other small businesses grow, as an SEO executive in India. This blog is an attempt to understand their role in detail and to provide basic information about SEO.
Search Engine Optimization is one of the essentials for online businesses. The magic that these SEO specialists perform is beyond comparison. They can take an ordinary website and make it into a high-traffic generating machine. Before we look into the several aspects of an SEO specialist, let us define what SEO is.
What Is SEO?
SEO is the process of getting all the different search engines to list your website (or a specific page on your website) higher in their results than the sites of your competitors.
This is done by using specific “hints” or “tricks” well known to the SEO expert. In the digital world, there are many other ways to increase the visibility of your website (or a specific page on your website) in search engine results. However, SEO is the most widely used and most effective technique in digital marketing.
Search Engine Optimization is not only something you’re doing online, but there are several steps you need to take offline as well. Whether you are trying to rank within Google or make yourself more visible to local communities, you need to follow some guidelines. An SEO executive can help you achieve that.
If you want to know more about in-depth digital marketing, try out an extensive digital marketing course from a reputed institution.
How Is SEO Important?
The answer is simple: If nobody finds your website when they use a search engine, you will never get any traffic, and no one will buy anything from you. On the other hand, if your website (or a specific page on your website) shows up when somebody has a search query, then well, you’ll be eventually getting high conversions and selling to those people. So, yes, SEO is critical.
It is so important; it is vital. If you think I am overstating, ask your clients how much traffic their website got after spending a big wad of money on advertising. Chances are, not much. Or maybe none at all.
Search Engine Optimization is vital to the strategy of digital marketing. As per research, users conduct more than 2 trillion searches each year, increasing the figures. Their search query concerns mostly finding information about various services or products they need to solve their problems.
These search queries are the basis of the online traffic, brands get. Not optimizing the website or other online pages can directly affect the brand’s online visibility, rankings, and growth.
Importance of SEO in Content Writing
The experts say that SEO and content writing go hand in hand, and they are right about it. You cannot measure the effects of SEO without content and pretty much so, the other way. For the readers to find out the content, you need to optimize it through Search Engine Optimization strategies.
If you want to know in-depth about content writing, check out one of India’s finest content writing courses
Some Benefits of SEO in Content Writing Are:
- Content provides a meaningful and seamless user experience. A positive user experience is critical. When a visitor views the website for the first time, the stuff should entice them to return. Writing a few posts for the website isn’t enough; you also need to maintain the blogs regularly to grow your readers’ interests over time.
- A high click-through-rate is aided by high-quality content. CTR (click-through rate) is one of the essential variables for increasing your website’s rating on any search engine. The more clicks, the higher your website’s ranking, and vice versa.
- Creating backlinks is aided by high-quality content. Backlinks are one of the most significant tactics for increasing your website’s credibility and trust among consumers of a search engine like Google. Creating high-authority backlinks for your website also enhances its ranking.
- High-Quality content promotes user search phrase inclusion, and that too naturally. One of the main features of high-quality content is that it should appeal to the user and the search bots. Good quality content is the only way to intelligently integrate keywords to grow the industry’s brand image over time.
Learn more about advanced SEO
Types of SEO
SEO experts handle different types of SEO. Among these broad categories, the three major types of SEO are:
On-page Seo is a method of optimizing your website for keyword relevancy to aid search engines in understanding and categorizing your content. The elements involved are title tags, header tags, meta description, URL, images, and content.
Technical Seo is the process of making your website more crawlable and hence more indexable and boosting its speed and credibility to rank higher and faster.
Site structure, knowing how Google crawls, Google Search Console inspect, mobile SEO, sitemap, internal linking, robots.txt files are some of the elements of technical SEO.
Anything done outside of your website that can affect search engine results is referred to as off-page SEO. One of the most core elements of off-Page SEO is creating backlinks.
Other than the above, White-Hat SEO, Black-Hat SEO, Grey-Hat SEO, and Negative SEO are different categories.
Who Is An SEO Executive?
An SEO consultant, also known as an SEO executive, can optimize websites to rank higher in search engine results. SEO specialists assist in increasing search traffic to a webpage or website.
Not always does he have a degree in computer science or a background in copywriting. Nor is he an “expert” in any specific technical field. He has an innate ability to recognize and understand what makes a website profitable in increased sales. And, he has the skills to improve the profitability of any website he works on.
What makes him different from other “web experts” is that he has a basic understanding of human psychology. He knows that people don’t buy from a website; people buy from people. Therefore, he understands that the most crucial factor in increasing website profits is making the site more “human.” In simple terms, this means making the site more and more friendly to gain more and more popularity.
What To Consider When Hiring An SEO Executive?
Surprisingly, very few people who are serious about increasing website profits hire an SEO expert. Usually, they do it themselves. But, if you are not wary, you could end up spending a small fortune on the wrong person or company.
So, what should you look for when you are hiring an SEO executive?
The first thing you should look for is the ability to provide you with proof that he really can increase website profits. It would help if you insisted that he give you concrete examples of previous clients and show you his references.
You should insist that he allows you to check out his past clients, and give you detailed information about himself and his company. A good SEO specialist will welcome this kind of questioning because it will help him build a relationship with you.
Also, be wary of anyone who makes unrealistic promises. Don’t hire someone who guarantees you will make money right away or who guarantees you will become rich.
Skills And Responsibilities Of An SEO Executive
- Conduct phrase and topic research based on the client’s industry and objectives. Improve the existing material by identifying new areas for improvement.
- Conduct a thorough site analysis and make recommendations based on the website’s and web pages’ content structures.
- Consider the site’s elements, make recommendations for content enhancement based on the content’s elements and structure, and put the content development methods into action.
- Keep track of analytics tools, search console reports, and reporting tools to highlight essential areas about the client’s objectives and goals.
- Keep up with the latest movements and advances in search engines, social media, and internet marketing.
- Assist in the creation of content and its marketing.
- Using optimization objectives, assist in developing and implementing content initiatives via social media platforms and communities.
- Work with the team to properly manage the project’s progress, timetables, deadlines, and outcomes—Express thoughts and ideas clearly and concisely to the team.
- Collaborate with the team to accomplish the client’s goals, objectives, and timelines.
If you want to grab more opportunities you might try out a technical writing course too.
Qualifications Of An SEO Executive
- You must have completed graduation or at least a 10+2.
- A marketing degree would be a bonus to have.
- Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Keyword Planner is something you should be familiar with.
- Understanding coding would be an extra.
- Knowledge of primary MS Office, website analysis, and backlink analysis.
- Understanding of website structure.
Why Do People Hire An SEO Executive?
In summary, if you want people to find you when they use a search engine, you need to be among the top results returned by the search engine. And, to make this happen, your website needs to be optimized for various parameters.
So, if you are wondering why people hire an SEO expert?
The answer is that only an SEO specialist will analyze your site/blog and provide you with suggestions about making your site more search engine friendly. These suggestions are called “SEO-friendly” changes.
A search engine will then check your site, and the changes will be made effective immediately. This means that when a person uses a search engine to look for something, your website (with SEO-friendly modifications) will appear among the first few results.
Another advantage of working with an expert is that he will keep you informed about all the latest updates made by the search engines.
Top 3 SEO Training Courses In India
They are one of the foremost digital marketing training institutes and are Microsoft’s and Google’s official training partners in India. Their SEO program, in collaboration with Vskills, has trained over 31,000 professionals throughout Asia.
- Get two forms of certification – one of these includes a Master’s certification, the other is a professional certification affiliated with the Government of India.
- Learn off and on-Page SEO.
- Algorithms (Part 1 and Part 2).
- Live sessions and lifelong access to the recorded classes.
- 24*7 support for students.
- Internship opportunities.
- Full money-back promise after the first session if you don’t like the session.
Fees: Rs 11,900+ GST.
PromozSEO is one of the most leading names in the SEO training industry. So, if you understand the value and power of SEO and are looking for the best online SEO training in India, then their online SEO course and classroom courses can help.
Their online SEO training program is for beginners to advanced SEO practitioners led by industry experts. Participants of this online Search Engine Optimization class will learn about the many white-hat SEO tactics that they may use to overcome SEO problems.
Furthermore, PromozSEO’s online SEO training course may provide registrants with the essential skills and resources to organically market their websites.
- Online classes from anywhere.
- The course covers 17 extensive modules.
- They provide classroom training too but only in Kolkata.
- Get 70 plus hours of SEO training.
- Hands-on Learning from industry experts.
- Get comprehensive knowledge of White Hat SEO techniques.
- Customized training with excellent student support.
LIPS India is a joint venture by IIT and IIM alumni and leading experts from the digital marketing industry. They offer classroom SEO training to students based in Pune, Bengaluru, and Mumbai.
- Their course includes basics of the web, off and on-page SEO, on-page schema, blogging, and training with SEO tools.
- They also have a customized SEO training program designed for homemakers who wish to work part-time.
- They also offer digital marketing classes, WordPress web design programs, and more.
Advance SEO course – Rs. 15,000
SEO course for housewives – Rs, 11,000
Here’s a list of top-notch Google SEO Certification courses that you might want to check out too before you shortlist one.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the services offered by an SEO executive?
Some of the primary services that SEO specialist offers are keyword strategy, keyword research, content strategy, technical SEO, site audits, on-page optimization, off-page optimization, content production, and competitor analysis.
2. How do I become an SEO executive?
- Enroll in a good SEO course.
- Improve your SEO skills by optimizing your website.
- Work for a marketing firm.
- Work with SEO clients.
- Earn an SEO certification or degree online.
- Work as an “in-house” SEO expert or as a freelancer.
3. Is SEO a promising career in 2021?
Yes, SEO is a beautiful career in 2021 since it provides you with a variety of options. You can work in-house, take on clients, and even create and manage your websites.
In 2021 and beyond, you should choose SEO as a job option if you wish to work independently. You’ll be able to work from anywhere if you specialize in Search Engine Optimization.
SEO specialists are in high demand. More and more businesses realize that developing a website is only the first step in establishing an online presence. And that they require an SEO specialist who can manage the website, create content, take care of website promotion, and more.
You can easily see how and why SEO is important, and as such, SEO as a career would be a great option.
4. What is the salary of an SEO executive in India?
As a fresher, you would earn in the range of Rs. 1.8 – 2.8 LPA, whereas SEO managers can earn in the range of Rs. 5 – 7 LPA.
5. Does SEO need coding?
You can be a successful SEO analyst without the knowledge of coding. However, knowing coding would be an asset to have.
The industry demand for SEO knowledge and SEO executives is increasing, and having such a skill has grown more into a necessity to shine in the digital world. To grasp SEO as a concept and implement best practices, one must be focused and motivated to learn about it, instill and use that information in real-time, and create and gain expertise in the relevant industry.
Several online courses are available worldwide to help you get certified and learn the skills you’ll need to advance in your SEO career. In other words, being an SEO expert can open up a host of opportunities for you, right from job offers, to starting your small business or working as a freelancer.
Remember, patience and consistency is the key to having a successful career in SEO. Make sure you imbibe these qualities. The sooner, the better.