Top 8 GST Courses in Chennai With Placements
In this article, we would assist you in selecting the top eight institutes that offer GST course in Chennai. Now, before you register for a GST certification course in Chennai, there are some things that you must know.
If you want to pursue a career in the commerce stream, in this current era, it is paramount that you enroll yourself in a Goods and Service Tax (GST) Course in Chennai.
Things to know before registering for the course
It does not matter whether you are a graduate, post-graduate, Chartered Accountant, Company Secretary, Auditor, Finance Manager, Income-tax Officer, or an individual, who wants career opportunities in the field of Commerce, you can register for the GST course in Chennai. If you apply for this course, it will boost your job chances, salary and enhance your skills.
Since the GST Certification Course is offered by the Indian Government’s department – Ministry of MSME (Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises), you can enroll in the course without any hesitation. The motive of the Certification Course, that is being provided by the government, is to aid businessmen, accountants, Chartered Accountants (CAs) Certified Management Accountants (CMAs), Company Secretaries (CSs), and other professionals to boost their knowledge about the Goods and Services Tax by providing customized, latest knowledge systematically, boosting their problem-solving and reasoning skills to improve decision making and instilling skills and knowledge that are needed for self-employment and employment in the industry.
Learn Writing for the diverse content formats with the Best Content Writing Course
Benefits of enrolling for the GST Course in Chennai
If you enroll for the GST Course in Chennai, you would get the below-mentioned advantages:
- Helps to raise a person’s salary by 15-25 percent on average.
- Increases the volume of job opportunities that is available in the market.
- Enables the person to start their consultancy or business.
- Helps to instill skills of different salaried persons in different fields like taxation, finance, and accounting employees.
- Provides a classroom-like environment for a better learning experience, added with the systematically organized course content.
GST Course Eligibility
The GST Course, in Chennai, can be attended by the following persons:
- Graduates or post-graduates, CAs, CMAs, CSs, and law studying students.
- Employees, who are shifting their field from finance to taxation.
- Graduates or post-graduates or employees, who want to pursue career opportunities in taxation
- Financial employees who wish to fulfill their own professional needs in taxation.
Syllabus of GST Course
Before you register for the Certification Course, here are the definitions and concepts of Goods and Services Tax that will be covered under the GST Certification Course:
- GST Levy
- GST Time of Supply
- GST Place of Supply
- Transitional problems
- Input Tax Credit
- GST Valuation
- GST Returns
- GST Registration
- GST Payment
- GST Assessment
- GST Refund
- GST Penalties
- GST Offences
- GST Advance Ruling
- GST FTP
- GST Customs Duty
- GST Moot Court
- GST Ethical Practice
As we mentioned earlier, the GST Act brought a shift in tax paradigm, when India implemented the new law on July 1, 2017. However, with the implementation, the central government also wanted that the citizens of the country remain updated and aware, and hence, its Ministry of MSME took the initiative to offer the GST Certification Course. Persons, who apply for the course and complete it without any failure, are likely to receive a certificate on the final day of the course.
Having mentioned the details of the GST certification course, now it is time to tell you about the institutes/ colleges that teach the GST course in Chennai.
Top 8 colleges/institutes/websites that train students for GST courses in Chennai
1.) IIM SKILLS – IIM SKILLS is one of the largest GST course providers in Chennai, which organizes skills evaluation and certification tests to enhance job opportunities. Once you pass the course and get your IIM SKILLS certificate, which is renowned in the industry, you will have abundant chances in the job. The certificate will go a long way to boost your skills and knowledge. IIM SKILLS is affiliated with different organizations and is under the supervision of IIM Alumni professionals.
The Institute conducts its examinations in a safe, secure, and impartial way, and the candidates get their certificates based on their merits – the one, who passes the test with the most marks. The academic school’s certificate is important for relevant qualifications as it becomes evident for the employer that the certificate is valid and is demanded highly. IIM SKILLS also sends its students a hard copy of the study material.
With the IIM SKILLS certificate, you get the following:-
- Government validated certificate
- Life-time valid certificate
- Life-time online-learning access
- Free Practice Examinations
Course Fees – The course is available at just Rs 2900
Download IIM SKILLS GST Course BrochureFIND WHY 20,000+ PEOPLE LOVE IIM SKILLS
2.) Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) –
A fully-government set up institute and academy, the ICAI is one of the top government-offered GST course providing institutes, in India, including Chennai. The ICAI has been established under the Parliament of India Act.
The institute aims to make the members understand the concept of this recently implemented law on GST, GST, and Indirect Taxes, and hence the Committee members of the ICAI have come up with the Certificate Course on GST.
The main objective of this course is to boost knowledge and also to provide a new method to the members who are working in the global service market. The candidates are expected to gain basic knowledge of the various aspects of GST.
The main objective of the Course is:
The Course facilitates the members, who will be working in the industry, as well as those, who are currently in practice by:
- Offering special and up to date knowledge in the field of GST in a systematical method
- Improving reasoning and problem-solving skills to make better decisions
Members, who have registered for the ICAI, are qualified to enroll in this course
As soon as the institute completes a minimum of 10 batches or 3 months, whichever is faster, it provides recordings of the above-mentioned topics in a video.
This is a 10-day course, where the students have two options to choose for. The first option is a weekend batch happening on Saturday and Sunday. The other option is a two-week batch, with the date and timings set from Monday to Friday, starting at 9.30 AM and ending at 5.30 PM respectively.
The persons, who will be teaching the course are professionals, are practicing Chartered Accountants, lawyers, professors, and masters at indirect taxes. They would be able to offer the member detailed technical and practical knowledge.
Course Fees – The Course fees have been set differently for metro cities and other towns
- For the members living in Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune, Ahmedabad, and Jaipur, the course would cost Rs. 14,000 plus GST
(The fee Include additional charges for the exam to be held following the end of the Course)
Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Hours
- 25 (Following the attendance in the Classes) + 5 (After Appearing for the assessment Tests)
The ICAI awards the candidates their due certificates, following the successful completion of the course and after passing its course examination which is held twice a year.
Number +91 120 3045954
3.) ISEL Global –
ISEL Global is a fully subsidiary institute of the private company, Transfuse Consulting Service. ISEL Global is one of the leading institutes that offer training and knowledge on GST course in Chennai, and also operates in countries and continents. With ISEL, candidates and corporate offices have been able to gain great efficacy in terms of GST.
Since the company provides a wide range of accredited training courses to its students, who have successfully gone on to complete the course and achieve their objective of getting an international certificate.
ISEL Global offers the top quality training methods and study materials and, that help future employees to be ready before being recruited. With its latest products and technology, the institute keeps the candidates updated with the latest trends.
Since the coaching center provides top-quality global training solutions and proved educational support to its students, it has such high on-demand courses, just like its GST certified course.
ISEL Global aids its learners through the way so that they can apply for the certification examination of their likings by its different and specialized community of experts and certified professionals.
ISEL’s GST practitioner certification course provides a full-detailed understanding of goods and services tax laws, GST regulations, and various topics of GST to help candidates be prepared in advance for any type of GST-based jobs.
In collaboration with MSME, the institute introduced the course. ISEL’s course aims to instill practical knowledge of GST, comprising of registration, tax returns, and detailed accounting and recording of GST transactions.
After successfully finishing the course and its requirements, the student will get a government of India (MSME) certified GST Practitioner Certification.
The faculty at the academy are working in the industry and have above 16 years of experience.
The course is designed as per the current industry practices and the faculty members teach the course in such a way that the students can extract maximum knowledge and learn from it.
ISEL has various delivery modes for its students like classroom workshops, online, virtual classrooms, and one-to-one personalized sessions. The course training program is highly based on current industry practices and the focus is on offering a real-world learning experience.
Since its certificate are approved by the government and is recognized worldwide, the professionals can easily develop skills as per the industry needs and achieve career objectives.
Course duration – The course will run for three months.
Course fees – The price of the course is Rs. 7600
Eligibility – The course is for all CAs, CSs, Income Tax officers, and others who are either studying or working in the field of commerce, Law, and Banking, and for those who want
- to diversify practice in GST
- to get promotion and achieve higher goals
- to learn the general and complex topics of GST
However, they must be a graduate or postgraduate.
GST Practitioner Certification Validation Tool provided to assess the authenticity of the certification
Once you pass out from the institute, your employers, clients, and other stakeholders will use your GST Certification Validation Tool to assess the credibility and authenticity of your GST Certifications that have been used by you. Once they utilize the programming code, which is located on certified GST Practitioner Certification, they will be able to see your training and certification details on the internet.
Special features of course
- Employers, clients, and other stakeholders will use your GST Certification Validation Tool to assess the credibility and authenticity of your GST Certifications that have been used by you
- Online and offline study notes and practical assignments provided to candidates’ address
- Life-time job support and job assistance by supporting companies
- Government accredited course and globally recognized credibility
- Students receive top-quality study notes and online learning content material that accounts for 35 plus hours
- GST faculties deliver special live and online interactive classes on Sunday for GST-related quizzes
- Notes designed and developed by working professionals with 25 years of experience
- Institute offers online and live teaching and training sessions, added with online 24-hour technical support using email
- Online Examination conducted to assess candidates’ proficiency
- Students can complete the course early and appear for the test
Calling Number: +91-9582-676-175
Recommended Read: GST Certification Courses in Coimbatore
4) ICT Academy –
ICT Academy is one of the successful non-profit organizations that offer GST course in Chennai, in partnership with the state governments and industries. It was set up under the initiative of the Indian government. Since ICT has immense training efficiency and customer engagement, the NACIN (National Academy of Customs, Indirect Taxes & Narcotics that is the premier training institute of Government of India) has selected the institute to train on GST. ICT works under the Private Public Partnership (PPP) model.
With the help of an accredited partner, ICT Academy, NACIN has developed and is currently delivering the course, with the help of its accredited faculty members.
Eligibility – The course can be attended by businessmen, financing and accounting professionals, SMEs, government officers, academicians, and Students.
Course Objective – The course aims to deliver detailed insights on GST.
After completing the course successfully, the students, who are enrolled in the course, can
- Comprehend full GST and its other aspects.
- Grasp how GST influences organizations and changes in the business method required to adapt to the new rule.
- Gain practical knowledge of the various procedures required under the GST Act.
NACIN accredited practicing chartered accountants teach the course.
Course timings – ICT Academy has three different processes to teach the course
Online Course – This is the general course that is completed within 30 HOURS – that is by 60 DAYS.
The remaining two are a crash course – (A) 3-day course and (B) one-day course.
You can contact the ICT Academy with the below-mentioned details.
Address – ELCOT Complex, 2-7 Developed Plots, Perungudi, Chennai – 600 096
Telephone: +91 44 4290 6800
Fax: +91 44 4290 6820
E-mail: [email protected]
5.) CAclubindia –
Having established in the spring of September 1999, CAclubindia is an interactive website for finance professionals and taxpayers.
Initially, it was a site to share knowledge among the Chartered Accountants but later as it gained popularity it also offered knowledge to the financial community. Currently, CAclubindia offers its two million-plus members a variety of services.
CAclubindia is an institute, which provides one of the best-selling GST certification course, by the government in Chennai and all over India.
To support the professionals and students, who want help regarding the current changes, and to make them turn into GST specialists, the CAclubindia has launched the Certification Course on GST.
Course Objective – The course aims to make all learn about the practical aspects of GST. Moreover, it also hopes to make all obtain:-
- In-depth learning of GST Provisions with the help of Practical Case Study
- A full evaluation of open and hot problems in GST
- Readying for and filing of GSTR-9 and GSTR-9C – according to Table
- Divergent Judgments and Case studies from various Advanced Ruling Authorities / HC
- Special Sessions conducted for Questions and Answers
- Full comprehension of all recent changes and applications on business and its procedure
Once you complete the GST certification course by CAclubindia, you will be left with zero doubts in your mind about the GST framework and rule, and you will be ready to work in the field of GST. The GST online classes will help you obtain the nitty and gritty of GST, added with the advanced concepts that will make you ready for all the GST updates.
You will be under the guidance of experts, who are CAs with vast exposure of GST knowledge and experience of 19 plus years in the field of indirect Taxation.
- Students to receive video-based sessions that account for 60 hours and GST-based E-Books written in English
- After completion of the course, students receive E-Certificate that is issued by CAclubindia
- The course comprises of contents that are updated, with the latest update, as of 1st October 2020
- Institute offers e-notes one week before it conducts the live class
- Students also get two practical classes
Course duration and timings – 40 hours (About one month), Time – Monday to Friday (8 PM to 10 PM)
Course fees – Rs. 6599 (Including registration and tax)
Calling Number: 011-411-70713
Recommended Read: GST Certification Courses in Madurai
6.) Henry Harvin Education –
Henry Harvin Education is one of the leading career and competency development companies that concentrate on value formation and offer GST courses in Chennai and abroad. The institute deals in providing training, skill development, examination center, content services, and higher education.
The institute (ISO 29990:2010 certified) has been registered under the International Standard for learning services for non-formal education and training services and is certified and audited from UKAF, UK Cert, and MSME.
Henry Harvin Education restructures the development of individuals globally by offering exceptional training and services using top quality content, resource, and best-updated technology. The institute keeps on innovating its products and services to stay in touch with the latest trends.
Henry Harvin’s Certified Accounting and Taxation Course (CATP) provides an insight into the crucial concepts of Accounting like GST and the operations around it, Accounts, Income Tax and TDS that impacts the financial business procedure.
Key features of the Certified Accounting and Taxation Program
- Partner with the Leader in Education and Training – Henry Harvin’s 160-hour CATP is highly rated in India and it is said that out of all the courses, its signature course – CATP (GST course, in Chennai), has been introduced specially for the financial accountant employees and students in India.
- Option to attend unlimited batches with different instructors for the next one year – After enrolling at Henry Harvin, you will be offered the option to participate in different batches with different faculties. Hence, you can attend the course multiple times during the membership period without having to incur additional fees.
- Undisputed Brand Presence and Recognition – Once a student completes his/her course successfully, the institute (Henry Harvin) will endorse the CATP certificate, which will be having affiliations with MSME that works under the department of the Government of India.
- World-Class Technology and Infrastructure – With state of the art online learning system in Industry, Henry Harvin has been able to offer courses offline as well as online and as per the convenience of the person’s way. The rooms, where the training is provided, have all they need logistics, systems, and facilities to make the session fun and interesting.
- 12+ Webinars to Brush-up Concepts as Part of #AskHenry Series – Students get the option to revise the learning concepts with Henry Harvin’s 24-hour boot camp sessions that are conducted every month under the guidance of the experts and faculties from the industry, and it is held during the one-year membership period, to make them prepared for the industry.
- 1-year Membership of Finance Academy & Personalized Job Support – During your one-year membership, you will receive live assignments, recorded video after the online session to learn, an option to intern, boosting interview skills, weekly Job assistance, career assistance, and many more.
- Updated industry-based study notes and material – Henry Harvin always makes sure that its learner always remains updated with the latest happenings and hence, it provides updated industry-based study notes and materials.
- Free 1-year subscription of Henry Harvin’s Learning Management System (LMS) – During the one-year membership period, students can utilize the maximum out of the institutes’ updates and advanced Learning Management System to make themselves ready for the industry and aware of the latest happenings.
- CATP hallmark – The logo and name of the institute and certification under MSME, would rank you at the top in the list of job chances and salary increases.
Course Duration – 160 hours
Faculty – You will be learning under the supervision of the most reputed, recognized, and respected chartered accountants who have been in the industry for more than 20 years. They have delivered above 500 lectures and are currently working as adjunct faculty at Henry Harvin. They were also invited for more than 70 keynote classes on accounts and tax courses.
Eligibility – The course suits professionals, who are interested in setting up their career in GST, Accounting, and Taxation.
Email – [email protected]
Helpline No – +91 9015266266
7.) GST Centre –
GST Centre has been established by TEACH (Topmans Education And Career Horizons Private Limited), a company registered under the Companies Act, 2013, India. The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, which falls under the Government of India, has approved the institute to provide training on GST courses in Chennai. The institute is also certified with ISO 9001:2015 and has formed an amazing reputation for delivering its quality teaching and integrity.
GST Centre deals in providing distance learning, direct training in its center, corporate Workshops, and is known for its nationally and internationally accredited certifications.
- GST Centre has been backed up with a master-class education system and technology
- The institute’s education, teaching, and technology is easy, simple, and transparent for use
- The students are under the careful supervision and guidance of experienced and knowledgeable faculties and management group, who know their designated area of expertise
- The company is protected by its trademark logo and copyrights
- The institute has designed its GST course in a personalized manner
- GST center’s course is always industry-based
- The institute’s technical and management group has a top-class learning management system that offers detailed tutorials added with videos.
- GST Centre’s placement system is effective and has a good track record
- Reasonable Course fees
GST in Business Management is a customized GST certification course by the government in Chennai and has been specially designed for students, who are pursuing an MBA. The course will help the candidates to get the whole concept of how GST impacts several industries and also provides access to make different and rationalized decisions in different circumstances.
Students to receive world-class support
Diploma in GST
Working staff, students, and GST advisors, who are hoping to get the best career in the field of tax, can enroll in the course. The students will be taught everything about GST and the learning will be in an easy and impactful way so that the concepts can be learned interestingly.
DGST Supporting kit
- Study Notes and Materials – With the course, you get study notes and materials
- Video Tutorials – Along with the live sessions, you will also get video tutorials for the course
- Live Sessions – Live sessions are conducted regularly to clear any doubts and make the candidates learn new concepts and be GST-job ready.
- NoteBook – The candidates will also receive a notebook to record their keynotes, concepts, and doubts
- Seed Pen – Guess what, you also get a pen to write keynotes, concepts, and doubts
- Registration Forms for Certification – To ensure that you receive the certification, you have to just fill up a registration form for that
Recommended Read: Financial Modeling Courses in Kolkata
8.) GSTindiaexpert –
Launched by Doctor Narendra Shyamsukha and Rohit Surana, GSTindiaexpert is an online website, which offers updated laws, history, and events based on every GST-related news, case studies, articles, and online conference. The online platform aims to offer GST training to graduates, post-graduates, working accountants, and other staff to scout future GST professionals as in the coming days they would be a major force in need of the economy.
The Institute has three courses – (A) GST Executive, (B) GST Executive Plus, and (C) GST Professional
(A) GST Executive – Keeping a note of the current trends in the industry, GST India Expert has introduced the 60-hour GST Executive course in Chennai. The course will offer a detailed glance at the GST law that will assist the students in getting a promising career as GST specialists.
This Executive GST course, in Chennai, has been divided into two modules. The contents are involved in teaching GST, besides the detailed training on advanced Microsoft office, accounting, and Tally skills for business. The advanced skills include Excel, Tally, and Business Accounting.
(B) GST Executive Plus – Keeping a note of the current trends in the industry, GST India Expert has introduced the 80-hour GST Executive Plus certification course in Chennai. The course will offer a detailed glance at the GST law that will assist the students in getting a promising career as GST specialists.
This Executive Plus GST certification course, in Chennai, has been divided into three modules. First rigorous training on GST is held, added with detailed training on advanced Microsoft office, accounting and Tally skills for business, Moreover, the students are also prepared to develop life skills and Business Correspondence.
(C) GST Professional – Keeping a note of the current trends in the industry, GST India Expert has introduced the 40-hour GST Professional course in Chennai, which will offer a detailed glance at the GST law that will assist the students in getting a promising career as GST specialists and also prepare themselves for a flawless transformation in GST.
This Professional GST certified course, in Chennai, has been specially built for CAs and Tax Consultants. Since they already have vast exposure to indirect taxation, the GST professional focuses on different practical and tricky aspects of GST, which they need to manage in their work.
Benefits of the course in brief:
- A detailed concept on GST
- Special emphasis on essential topics
- Simulation Software provided for registration – GST Network
Faculty – The institute is run by two experienced persons, Narendra Shyamsukha and Rohit Surana. Both of them have great expertise in teaching GST. Narendra Shyamsukha, who is a passionate businessman and a member of the ICAI, emphasizes education and skill-building, guidance. Mr. Shyamsukha’s business and professional experience are renowned all across India.
While Rohit Surana, who is a chartered accountant, has had a vast exposure of above 10 years in Indian & International taxation. Mr. Surana works at a senior post at RSPA & Associates. Moreover, he is also a member of the ICAI.
Besides the two, the institute has faculties, who are professional CAs with vast experience.
- Detailed Knowledge of GST and its system
- Wide-range job opportunities
- Expect salary increase
- Value Addition for Financial employees
- Smooth and easy tax filing for Entrepreneurs
- Rigorous training for GST
- Introduction to life skills and business correspondence
Course duration – The course operates for three months and it allows you to gain concepts as per your ability.
Course timings – GSTindiaexpert holds its classes on weekdays as well as on the weekends at different branches of ICA Edu Skills Private Limited pan India.
Meanwhile, to contact the institute, we have mentioned the details, which are located below:-
Email Id: [email protected]
Mobile No: + 91 9330122344
1. Which top institutes offer GST courses online in Chennai?
There are many institutes that offer top-grade GST courses online like IIM SKILLS, Vskills, TaxGuru, ICAI, and many more. The curriculum is extensive, and the faculty offers great support to understand the nitty-gritty of GST well.
2. What is the duration of the GST Certification Courses in Chennai?
There are self-paced courses, live classes as programs that incorporate both these formats. It is up to you to choose a mode of learning based on your prerogative. Choose an institute that will offer study materials and support whenever is needed.
How much salary can a GST practitioner expect after passing the exam?
A GST Practitioner can earn anywhere from 3lacs- 5.5lacs per annum. With expertise and experience, you can expect to get even higher salaries. Moreover, you can apply to various organizations and start your own practice as well.
At a time, when the commercial world is turned upside down with disorganized information and training sessions, we are here to help you in choosing the top institutes/websites that provide training on GST courses in Chennai. Once you get qualified for the certification course, the certification that you will receive will be accredited by MSME and is recognized worldwide and that will help you in getting vast job opportunities, higher salary package and promotion chances will increase. Hence, you must think, which of the above-mentioned institutes suits you the best.
Hello, I am a business analyst and have been working in this profession for over 2 years. I want to shift my career and get into finance. I am also thinking to do an MBA. But before that, I want to try and explore more in this field. These courses and institutes seem to have a great demand in the market. Anyhow, if I go with a GST course, how easily will I get opportunities?
Is the GST certification like any other freelancing skill that anybody can learn in 2-3 months or it is different from others? I am confused about the freelancing part. I think some knowledge of finance is required. Can you please state the basic educational qualifications for this profession?
Hi, is it necessary to get certified if one wants to work in GST? I have worked in accounts and have some knowledge about this profession. However, knowledge of tools and software is not in detail. But if done by myself. Will it be easier to get a job? I think, my work ex would suffice. Right?
As a GST Practitioner .Is it necessary to have a certification? Or it just adds value to your knowledge and skills a professional has?
Hi, I have started a makeup business, and I don’t have adequate knowledge about GST, which could result in losses and penalties. I’m looking for a simple, introductory course that can give me sufficient knowledge about taxes and how to manage them. I am not looking for advanced colleges. Basic information, sufficient for a small business, is enough.
Hi. I am Drishti, and I am a Law student. After hearing about the freelancing and other career opportunities available in GST, I decided to do a course for myself. I am looking for a professional course with hands-on experience. But before taking that, can you please recommend any freely available courses that one should take? Thanks.
hello, i m Roopika, is it necessary to get certified if one wants to work in GST? I have worked in accounts and have some knowledge about this profession.
Hi. I am Swati , and I am a Law student. After hearing about the freelancing and other career opportunities available in GST, I decided to do a course for myself. I am looking for a professional course with hands-on experience. But before taking that, can you please recommend any freely available courses that one should take? Thanks.
Hi, is it necessary to get certified if one wants to work in GST? I have worked in accounts and have some knowledge about this profession. However, knowledge of tools and software is not in detail. But if done by myself. Will it be easier to get a job? I think, my work ex would suffice. Right?
Hi, This is Priya. I want to know more about taxation and GST. I wan an in depth knowledge of the same. Hence kindle let me know which course will be best suitable for me.
Hi, i m Dishant, I am thinking to go for freelancing as you’ve discussed the options. What is the proper way to freelance in this career? Which of these courses cover this section?
hey Arka, great article. This is the first article I read about the GST certification courses in Chennai, and it helped in shortlisting the list institute for my GST certification, though I have little doubt regarding my eligibility, can I do GST certification as an undergraduate?
Hi, can you please tell me what kind of GST Certifications are necessary to get a good job in Chennai? Are there any advanced certifications in gst, as i have basic knowledge about it.