13 Tips for Writing Engaging Social Media Posts
It won’t be wrong to say today’s era is known as the social media era. It is not just a tool to connect with people with the same interest but has grown into one of the best marketing platforms for your business. It is very important to have a social media presence with fresh & engaging content. Many times you make content & post it on social media, but you are not getting the expected response. This article is the ultimate guide to solving the mysteries of writing engaging social media posts. From social media-specific guidelines to everything you need to create successful content, all is here. Below mentioned are the 13 Tips for Writing Engaging Social Media Posts. But before that, let’s understand various social media platforms that we can use.
Social Media Types & Some Tips for Writing Engaging Social Media Posts on Various Mediums.
There are different posting techniques depending on what goals you’re aiming for and what you hope to achieve.
To be successful on Facebook, you need to find the room of interest and respond to your audience. The below tips will help you to do just that:
- Video is the top-performing content on Facebook.
- Your Facebook campaigns are most effective when you vary your post types. Always use a combination of photos, infographics, text, gifs, memes, blog posts, announcements press, links, etc.
- Short social media posts perform better than long ones.
- End with a question. People are more likely to engage when you reach out to them for their opinion or feedback.
- Post interesting content, even if it’s not directly related to your brand. Facebook’s audience is limited to self-promotion, which means that if you want to engage your followers, you shouldn’t be posting about anything more than just your business. However, make sure to keep topics relevant to your niche.
- Make it intuitive. The text is easy to scroll, but the graphics give people pause when browsing their News Feed. Even if you post an article entirely in text, Facebook makes it easy to turn it into a visual.
Twitter usually is used to bring your message inside a constrained space. These guidelines will help you with these.
- Keep it simple & on-point – It should be easy to understand & on-point. Put the maximum essential facts at the start of your tweet to capture their attention.
- The perfect count for a tweet is 240+ characters. If you want greater than 280 characters, create a thread or upload a hyperlink to a weblog post.
- Don’t go overboard with hashtags. Limit yourself to 1 to 3 hashtags. If you are tweeting about an ongoing scenario, make use of trending hashtags about the scenario. Don’t go overboard with hashtags as it may leave less space for your real message.
- Tweet shareable content- Tweet about trending topics. Always try to retweet jokes, gifs, quotes, gifs & relevant news. Timing is essential on Twitter.
Instagram is well known for its visual content, but writing good captions can make your post engaging. If you want your audience to engage with your content, your words matter.
- Start with a hit. Instagram allows up to 2,200 characters. However, it’s important to note that no more than 125 characters show up under your photo. If you want your audience to read your entire article, you need to get them to click more. You need to write your captions perfectly that attract your audience.
- Using emoticons- Using Instagram emojis has proven to be extremely effective on Instagram.
- Use relevant hashtags- You’re allowed to use up to 30 hashtags, but don’t just choose the ones that are trending (especially if they’re not relevant to your medium). Try changing your hashtag usage instead. Pick a few broad and popular hashtags, but also incorporate some niche-specific hashtags, plus a branded tag or two.
- Break long text into paragraphs. Instagram is still a little rough on this one. If you want paragraphs with spaces between them, you must press Enter and then add a space to the blank line before pressing Enter again. But the extra step is worth it because large blocks of text are difficult to read.
LinkedIn is different from Facebook & Instagram, you cannot treat it as a Facebook clone. While the two have some similarities, even the blue logo, the content type is very different. LinkedIn is primarily a networking platform where professionals and brands share industry information, news, and updates. The latest epic failure video that has gone viral on Facebook won’t be what LinkedIn audiences expect.
When posting on LinkedIn, remember:
- Long-form content works well. Share articles and blog posts on LinkedIn. This audience is more likely to take their time and read what you have to say, so you can also type in longer-than-usual posts on other platforms that are meant to be skimmed. Just make sure to stay organized and professional.
- Add hashtags- While hashtags dominate Instagram and Twitter, they’re falling flat when it comes to Facebook. LinkedIn is somewhere in between. You should include relevant hashtags at the bottom of your post.
- Mark up your content and graphics. Experts can share research, research, infographics, statistics, and industry updates. If you post content, make sure it’s branded so you get credit when it’s shared.
Pinterest’s focus is on images rather than text. Try the below tips to make your content engaging on Pinterest.
- The ideal length for a post is around 150300 characters. You are allowed up to 500 characters, but try not to go too far. You should be detailed and use relevant keywords in the description.
- Have a professional tone. Slang and acronyms don’t make a good impression on Pinterest. Pay attention to your grammar and punctuation. Try to keep it informal but professional.
- Hashtags are optional (but useful). Pinterest is still primarily driven by keywords, not hashtags, which means the feed will show results containing keywords even without hashtags.
13 Tips for Writing Engaging Social Media Posts
The very important 1st tip for writing engaging social media posts is research. Always research your customers, your competitors & yourself. It will give you a clear idea about your target audience, their requirements, their expectations, and things that are already available in the market.
Below we have explained the points in detail. If you wish your audience to interact together with your social posts, you would like to create pots that are extremely relevant to your target group. The more relevant your posts are, the more success you may have.
Research about your customers – Who are your customers? Knowing their values, interests & concerns is important. Connecting with your audience is very important for being successful on an online platform. Find out for whom you are writing on social media. To do this, vote, create a persona, or listen to what they say on social media.
Research about your competitors – Understand what your competitors are offering their customers. What kind of content they are posting? What kind of content is accepted by the audience? It will help you understand how you can make better offers & engaging posts for your customers.
Know Yourself – Understand your goals & what you want to convey to your customers and how you want to convey it. You can convey it using an informative tone or professional tone, which is on point & easy to understand. You can also make it fun to attract your customers. The tone also depends upon the services provided by the company. Sometimes you can merge informative & fun tones to make it more creative for your audience.
Also Read: Best Practices for Social Media Writing
2. Keep it Simple & Easy
Keeping your content simple & easy to read is one of the best ways to engage your customers. Make content and posts easier to read by writing at the 8th-grade reading level, whenever possible, use headlines, bullets, and lists to make it easier to scan your content and posts. Limit paragraphs to two or three sentences, when writing about your topic, keep it as concise as possible.
Intriguing short sentences are much more likely to win your likes, shares, and clicks. Avoid complicated words and use short sentences. If possible, try to limit it to one or two sentences. This isn’t a difficult rule, but it can be a useful guideline. It is one of the simple tips for writing engaging social media posts.
3. Work on your Voice
When we talk about writing voice, it is not just about active and passive voice, but also about the tone in which you want to connect with your customers. The general message has to be written in your voice but you should also understand the language of your target. Your posts should reflect the emotion of your company.
This voice is by and stimulated with the aid of using your or your company’s persona – your ‘why’ tale and the language utilized by your best customers. This consistency will assist your target market to hook up with you emotionally, in addition, to constructing trust, and pick out your social media posts as yours. Working on your voice is one of the required tips for writing engaging social media posts.
4. Explain the Benefits
This may seem easy, but here are the rules that B2B marketers can follow when creating social posts. Show what is included in the viewer’s interest instead of writing a social post about how great your content is, for example, this is a great article, read it now. What viewers learn from the article and how it challenges them is very important. You can emphasize what is useful for them. Explaining benefits is considered one of the tips for writing engaging social media posts.
5. Add a CTA
Adding CTA i.e. Call to Action is very important. It is one of the very important and needed tips for writing engaging social media posts. CTO is a powerful persuasive tool that can be easily integrated into social posts to drive desired actions. Promoting time-sensitive giveaways or asking the audience to reserve a seat before the tickets run out are all typical examples of emergency messages.
But they don’t have to be as such. Creating a sense of urgency also means showing your influence and turning obstacles into opportunities, as long as you keep the momentum high. Start or end your post with a clear action phrase. You can ask for retweets on Twitter. Include at least one link to your site, article, or another site.
Read about the top-notch Online Content Writing Courses to sharpen your writing ability
6. Negative or Positive Posts
You need your target market to be excited and energized when using your posts and that doesn’t consistently suggest satisfied posts. In some of your posts, you can choose to share your opinion or stance on something important to you and your brand. But there is a distinction between taking a stance and attacking or criticizing others.
Criticizing others isn’t always effective, it’s also dangerous; it can attract inferior people to your site and damage any relationships or reputations you’ve built with your followers. But inspiring posts are also necessary to inspire your customers and cheer them. The type of posts should be kept in mind while writing engaging social media posts.
7. Interact with the Audience
Interacting with your Audience will make your customers realize that they are important, and their suggestions and ideas are given value. You cannot always talk about yourself. Social media is not a place to brag all day about your product or service; rather it`s a place in which you need to have interaction with your customers & bring new ideas to market.
Writing social posts which might be looking for people’s answers, opinions, and remarks can feature a super verbal exchange starter. You must put up a Twitter poll or perhaps link to a Google Survey. Interacting with the audience is also one of the tips for writing engaging social media posts.
Being creative in your social media will infuse playfulness & personality in your posts. It is also considered one of the most important tips for writing engaging social media posts. Using emojis is one of the easiest ways to be creative. Use images and pics in your posts.
Visual content material is engaging & faster to convey your message. Videos, in particular, can permit you to connect to your target market on a deeper stage. People reply properly to video, as it may humanize you and permit them to get to recognize you greater intimately.
Most structures have to stay video features, which could significantly advantage you. For high-quality results, optimize every piece of visible content material for the platform you’re posting it directly to make certain your message is being shared, and that your appearance is professional.
Here is an ultimate guide to Social Media Campaign
Integrating inspirational terms into your social posts will produce greater motivation in your target market and compel them to take action. Make it relatable to your customers. The inspirational posts should inspire them in life and day-to-day life. One of the simplest examples of it is #mondaymotivation. Some use it sarcastically, some use it to inspire their customers on Monday & create enthusiasm. Inspiring posts are a great way of writing engaging social media posts.
10. Understand the Niche & Industry
Making a strong case often involves using trusted names in the industry. These can be individuals or companies that are considered thought leaders on a particular topic and already have a strong social following. That way, you can demonstrate that your opinion is supported and even implemented by market leaders, which helps validate your social media posts in the eyes of the public.
A hashtag is a clickable keyword or topic, such as #contentmarketing,#blogtips, or #Chi Chicago. They can increase the visibility of your social media posts, especially hashtags for hot topics. When someone clicks a hashtag in any post, they will see all the posts with that hashtag. Use them if you think your content is more clickable than other content in that hashtag. Instagram posts don’t include links, so hashtags won’t compete with content links. A hashtag is important for writing engaging social media posts.
Mentioning other companies, organizations, contributors, and influential people in social media posts is the basis of social networking. Promote or appreciate your brand’s partners and supporters to raise mutual awareness and encourage others to re-share your posts and interact with your posts.
Interactions with these posts (likes, comments, shares) can even increase engagement quickly and influence algorithms that help your content reach the top of your feed. Mentioning others in your posts is an interesting way to engage the audience.
Also, Check out the in-demand Content Writing Courses in India
Being consistent is key to success. Keep posting engaging content on regular basis. Being consistent helps in a strong customer base and can help you gain more followers. In social media marketing, consistency is crucial. From the tone of voice used in messages to the aesthetics of your profiles, you must be recognizable to gain traction with your target audience.
1. Is it important to ask questions on social media?
Yes. It will ensure more comments on posts & help in more reach. You are constantly connected with your customers. Asking questions will help in market research and the likes & dislikes of your customers.
2. Why is social media important?
Social media allows you to reach and engage with your target audience regardless of their location. A company can interact with its audience through social media; it helps in increasing brand exposure and lead generation. Social media is a very important marketing tool.
3. What are the benefits of social media?
Social media helps in building a relationship with customers, and clients. Professionally you can grow your network online by connecting with colleagues, role models, and other professionals. Social media helps you in sharing your experiences with your clients & customers. It will attract like-minded people. Sharing good content on social media will increase your visibility. You should also engage in other people’s content to build a relationship. Social media can be used as a medium to educate you. If you focus on the content created by a similar industry you can learn new things & get new ideas.
4. What is social media marketing?
Social media marketing is virtual marketing in which companies use social platforms to market their products & services. There are free & paid tools to market the products to the appropriate individuals at the right time.
These are some of the important tips for Social Media Posts. It will help in developing your business or your profile on social media. It is not just about growing business, but social media helps you stay connected to current events. So keep posting and venture into the world of social media.