Top 10 Career Possibilities after B.Tech LL.B. Course
In the contemporary world, new technologies and innovations are emerging consistently. The professional roles are drastically evolving day-by-day at the administrative and corporate levels. Therefore, it leads to an upsurge in the requirement of the experts & intellects, who have in-depth knowledge in & about their respective fields.
To ensure that the newcomers are efficient & competent, it becomes essential to deliver significant study material to the students at post-secondary levels.
For this, the Education system is taking a new form every single day. Indeed, the fields are getting more and more specialized with a new course at every step. Bachelor of Technology & Bachelor of Legislative Law (B.Tech LL.B. course) is one of them.
In this article, you’ll read all about the B.Tech LL.B.Course. It’s College, Criteria, Curriculum & the Top 10 Career Possibilities after B.Tech LL.B. Course!
But before that, let’s see what this course is all about?
Create your own lucrative blog with the Best Content Writing Course
What is the B.TECH LL.B. Course?
Bachelor of Technology & Bachelor of Legislative Law (better known as B.Tech LL.B.)is a six-year integrated course. It involves the study of both Law &Engineering subjects together.
In this specific program, students get to learn about the Core Technical subjects, specialized in Computer Science & Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, in parallel with General Law disciplines such as Constitutional and Administrative Law, Contracts Law, Family Law, Corporate & Business Law, Criminal Law, Tax Law, etc. Aspirants can pursue this course study immediately after their higher secondary education (Class 12th).
As this B.Tech LL.B. course is one of the integrated specializations in law, it is imperative to provide specialized knowledge to its under-grad students. Therefore, students get technical internships and moot court experiences at the college campus.
Through this, they can understand both the scientific & legal aspects in a better productive manner. After completing the course, the final graduates will receive a dual degree for both the programs- Bachelor of Technology and Bachelor of Legislative Law.
Learn proactive Social Media Marketing with the Top Digital Marketing Course
What’s the idea behind introducing a B.Tech LL.B. course (integrated)?
With the excessive use of internet technology, there are quite possibilities of high-tech space getting vulnerable to cybercrime manifolds. Henceforth, to deal with such circumstances & prevent vandalism, there is a need for an exceptional class of professionals who have sound knowledge of both- Technology & Law.
Eventually, there is a recurring demand for such graduates who are proficient in safeguarding the administrative and corporate interests (By protecting privacy, information access, communication, and intellectual property from servers & information processing systems).
In case of any infringement or breach of the law by the criminals, there will be a need for a Technical & Legal Expert who can conduct legal proceedings against them for their illegal involvement in Cyber-related activities. And it is one of the reasons why B. Tech LL.B. Course has become one of the aspiring courses among the students, nowadays.
- Tech LL.B. course has been designed specifically for students who have a keen interest in IT and Law together. It’s like a golden ticket to pursue their career, especially in the field of Cyber Law.
Have a glance at the Top 15 Digital Marketing Courses in Hyderabad
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech LL.B. course
To pursue this B.Tech LL.B. course, a student has to meet the following eligibility criteria-
- The candidate must have completed their higher secondary level education (10+2) from a recognized board and have secured passing marks in all the subjects with at least 55% of aggregate marks.
- The candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects at their Class 12th
Apart from this, interested candidates may have to appear for any of the Law Entrance Exams to get admission to prominent colleges or Universities. The Entrance exam criteria may vary from college to college. Yet some of the Law Entrance Exams are discussed here-
- Common-Law Admission Test (CLAT)– It’s a two-hour, computer-based centralized national-level entrance test. This test is conducted for students to get admission to 22 National Law Universities, Self-financed Law colleges, and PSUs. It covers objective-type questions concerning General knowledge, Quantitative techniques & Mathematics, English with Comprehension, Current Affairs, Legal Aptitude, and Logical Reasoning.
- All India Law Entrance Test (AILET)– The National Law University (NLU) of Delhi organizes the AILET once every year. This test includes sections like- General Knowledge, Legal Aptitude, Reasoning, English, and Numerical Ability.
- Law School Admission Test (LSAT)– LSAT is a standardized test conducted by the Law School Admission Council. It enables the students to take admission at the various private law universities in India. The test duration is 2 hours and 55 minutes (excluding breaks). It helps to evaluate an applicant based on Reading Comprehension, Logical Reasoning, Analytical Reasoning, and (unscored) Writing.
You may want to read our article Top 11 Digital Marketing Courses in Ghana
Duration Of The Integrated Programme
The duration of this integrated program is Six years. It will include 12 semesters, generally each of six months.
B.tech LL.b. Course Outline
B.Tech LL.B. course is an integrated & intricate study of Technicalities & Legislation. Therefore, the course curriculum covers all the relevant concepts of both fields simultaneously.
The syllabus for the whole program (year-wise) is as follows-
- Physics 1
- Physics 2
- Mathematics 1
- Mathematics 2
- Problem Solving with C
- Environmental Studies
- Engineering Graphics
- Data Structures using C
- Fundamental of Moot Court
- Basic Electronic Engineering
- Electronic Devices and Circuits
- Mathematics 3
- Communication Workshop 1.2
- Operating Systems
- Data Communication & Networks
- OOPs using C++ and UML
- Theory of Automata & Computation
- Database Management System
- Legal Method + Legal Reasoning
- Computer Systems Architecture
- Legal History of Courts
- Industrial Management
- Constitutional Law 1
- Family Law 1
- Law of Contracts 1
- Law of Contracts 2
- Elective 1 (Data Warehousing and Data Mining/ Natural Language Processing/ Artificial Neural Networks)
- Elective 2 (Human-Computer Interaction/ Embedded Systems/ Real-time Systems/ Information Technology Law/ Company Law 1/ Law of Crime 2)
- Communication workshop 2.0
- OOPs through Java
- Artificial Intelligence
- Software Engineering
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Torts and Consumer Protection Law
- Constitutional Law 1
- Family Law 2
- Law of Crimes 1
- Communication Workshop 3.0
- IT for Forensic Science
- Storage Technology Foundations
- Web Technologies using .NET
- Compiler Design
- Foreign Language
- Mobile Computing
- Network Security and Cryptography
- Civil Procedure Code and Law of Limitation
- Labour Law 1
- Company Law 2
- Law of Evidence
- Property Law
- Environmental Law
- Administrative Law
- E-Commerce and M-Commerce Law
- Public International Law
- Arbitration and Conciliation & Alternative Dispute Resolution Mechanism
- Right to Information
- Digital Crime and Computer Law
- Information Security Audit and Monitoring
- Labour Law 2
- Intellectual Property Law
- Private International Law
- Information Security Intelligence and Compliance Analytics
- Digital Copyright and Data Protection Law
- IT Forensic and Electronic Evidence
- Drafting, Pleading, and Conveyance
- Competition Law
- Taxation Law
- Law of Technology Transfer
- International Trade Law
- Information Security Governance
- Law of Telecommunication Convergence
- Moot Court and Internship
- Internet Regulation and Jurisdiction
* The subjects may change as per the specializations or college. It’s just a simple insight into what an undergrad student will be learning during this course.
Check out the best online GST Course offered by IIM SKILLS
Career Possibilities & Job Prospects For B.tech Ll.b. Course Graduates-
- Tech LL.B. Course offers rewarding career opportunities to its students. As this integrated course has come along with few specializations, it brings plenty of other career options in the technical sector, apart from the legal firms and courtrooms. After completing the integrated B.Tech LL.B. course, the graduates can either-
- Affiliate with law firms,
- Work as an independent professional, or
- Opt for other remunerative job profiles.
Well, here are those Top 10 B.Tech LL.B. Course
A lawyer is a legal professional who advises clients about their legal rights & obligations and can conduct lawsuits for their respective clients in the court of law. Currently, Cyber Lawyers are in great demand. They are also hired by IT Companies, in addition to Law firms.
Moreover, you can specialize as an Intellectual Property Lawyer after completing your graduation from this integrated course and approach different sectors like- Tech Industry, Fashion Industry, Media & Entertainment, Publishing Houses, etc.
A Solicitor is a legal practitioner who renders legitimate solutions to all the clients (both Commercial and Private) in specific legal matters such as litigation, tax, finance, property conveyance, wills, divorce, and custody. They are experts at drafting documents & pleadings for the clients and also assist them in reaching out the suitable advocate if needed.
To work as a Solicitor, an aspirant has to complete three years of clerkship under the guidance of a Senior Solicitor (registered with the Bombay Incorporated Law Society) and then qualify for the Solicitor’s Examination conducted by the Bombay Incorporated Law Society.
An Advocate is a professional who represents the clients in court. She/He is a law specialist who assists, defends or pleads the cause of another before a court or a tribunal. They are authorized to appear in litigation on behalf of a party in the court of law. After completing your graduation & gaining work experience through Internships, you can finally enroll yourself with the State Bar Council and appear for the All India Bar Examination conducted by the Bar Council of India.
*Legally, all the Advocates, Lawyers & Solicitors are allowed to advise & plead in the Indian Judicial System. However, since Solicitors have to go through a rigid procedure of examinations & have in-depth law knowledge, they have special recognition in the city of Mumbai, the commercial capital of India.
An attorney at law is an officer of a court of law. They are legally appointed & authorized to act as an agent or a substitute of an individual client and represent them(the client) in the legal proceedings.
Nowadays, Patent attorneys & Tax attorneys are offered well-paying jobs in India and abroad. So, you can probably choose this as a career option.
A Public Prosecutor is a government official appointed either by the Central Government or the State Government to conduct criminal prosecutions on behalf of the State.
An aspirant who wishes to become a Public Prosecutor is eligible for the same only if She/He-
- Has a law degree,
- Has been an advocate for nothing short of seven years
- Must have appeared for the examination held by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) & other requisite procedures.
This job profile has a good scope in the honorable profession of law.
In this job profile, an individual plays a pivotal role in handling an organization’s legal responsibilities (be it government or any large corporation). A Legal Advisor is a specialist in a specific area of law. They’re responsible for providing advice on legal matters, conducting legal analysis, drafting legal opinions, briefing documents for their clients and, complying with all the legal regulations about the specific business.
- Lecturer or Professor–
Law graduates can also opt for ‘Teaching’ as their profession. After completing their graduation, they may further go for higher studies & can clear the requisite exams. Afterward, they can teach Engineering/Law or both at the College OR, University level.
Lecturer or Professor is one of the honorable professions in our country. This job sphere brings good professional development regarding pay scale, perquisites, and social recognition.
Cyber Crime Specialist–
A Cyber Crime Specialist is an Investigator who is primarily concerned with investigating cyber-attacks and gathering information from digital systems that work as full-proof evidence in the prosecution of cybercriminals, overseas adversaries or, terrorists. They are highly skilled and specially trained experts/detectives hired by private and public sectors.
Specialist in Cyber/IT-Based Arbitration–
Cyber/IT-Based Arbitration is a private process where two or more disputant parties mutually agree on settling their disputes outside the court. The process is conducted virtually with the help of technology. Specialists in Cyber/IT-Based Arbitration are the individual arbitrator or adjudicator who carefully peruses the evidence & arguments of both parties and makes a binding decision on the dispute.
This job profile is about the Professionals who render cyber-legal advisory services to their clients on the web presence, e-commerce, software license liabilities and assist them in filing a lawsuit in case of an infringement by any respective competitor. The Computer Security Division of high-tech organizations often recruits such Techno-Legal Professionals.
Apart from these Top 10 Professional opportunities, B.Tech LL.B. graduates can even continue their higher studies & specialize themselves in a specific area for better career growth.
Higher Education Perspectives-As suggested final graduates can also move for higher education after completing B.Tech LL.B. Course. An individual can pursue either LLM or M.Tech/M.E. in any specializations, as per their interest at the post-graduate level. Generally, students used to prefer going with LLM. However, you can choose any of the Masters’ degrees.
In the Field of Science-
- E./M.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering
- E./M.Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering
In the Field of Law-
- Master of Law (LL.M.) in Constitutional and Administrative Law
- Mater of Law (LL.M.) in Corporate and Business Law
- Master of Law (LL.M.) in Human Rights Law
- Master of Law (LL.M.) in Intellectual Property Law
- Master of Law (LL.M.) in Criminal and Security Law
Furthermore, if aspirants have a deep interest in academics and wish to build their career as Professors, Researchers, or Scientists, they can eventually go for a Ph.D. Degree in aforementioned streams.
Integral Skill Set For Successful (B.tech LL.B.) Graduates
This integrated course has a good scope for career advancement. However, the B.Tech LL.B. graduates need some extra-ordinary skills to explore more & more growth in this field. Remuneration in this field notably depends upon one’s experience and skills. So, if an individual is competent enough, She/he’ll be able to make a smart career move. And for that, they must possess the requisite qualities, such as
|Good Communication Skills||Creativity|
|Sense of Judgement||Firm Analytical & Diagnostic Skills|
|Logical Thinking Ability||Perseverance|
|Ability to handle work-pressure||Decision Making Skills|
|Interest in Research work||Inquiring & Comprehension Skills|
|Flexibility and Responsiveness||Clarity of Speech|
|Diligence & Integrity||Firmness & Leadership quality|
Top College/university Offering B.tech Ll.B. Course
1. University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun
This University provides two distinct programs of integrated (B.Tech LL.B.) at their campus-
- Tech Computer Science & Engineering LL.B. (Hons.) with specializations
- Tech Energy Technology with LL.B. in IPR Law
Currently, only the former course is available to the new students.
Aspiring Students can opt B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering LL.B. (Hons.) with specialization in either of the two streams- Cyber Law or Intellectual Property Rights (IPR).
About Programme Specializations –
- Cyber Laws: This program is a combination study of Computer science and Laws about the cyber world. Through this specialization, students get a chance to learn about finding legitimate solutions to the issues concerned with cyberspace. With the progressive use of digital technology, there is also an increment in malicious activities. Henceforth, there will be a need for this kind of expert line in the coming future.
- Intellectual Property Rights: In this course, students are guided about the core areas of Computer Science together with Intellectual Property Law. It is a conceptual study of technological elements and legal principles focusing on the development, implementation & enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights. This specific program emphasizes the legal protection of personal or corporate projects (like inventions, artistic works, logos, designs, commercial brands, etc.) through Intellectual property (such as copyrights, patents, trademarks, or licenses).
The best part about the specializations is that it gives an equal opportunity to all the students to choose & pursue their specific field of interest.
College Criteria- Minimum 50% marks at Secondary & Senior Secondary level (Class X and XII) and Minimum 50% aggregate in PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) at Senior Secondary Level (XII).
Entrance Test- To get enrolled with the B.Tech LL.B. Course at UPES, the candidates have to appear for the UPES Law Aptitude Test (UL-SAT), or they can get admission based on their CLAT/LSAT Indian Board Marks.
*UL-SAT is an online test with a duration of 2 hours & 30 minutes. This year, it will conduct between 15th – 20th June 2021. The last date to apply for the UL-SAT is 10th June 2021.
Fee Structure- The Tuition & Academic service fees for the integrated course goes semester-wise. It ranges from Rs. (140000-195000) per semester, differently.
Future Scope- Cyber Law & IPR Law are two such specializations that have the newest and most successful careers in the profession of law. These two divisions have a far-reaching scope and offer distinct employment outlooks. We have already discussed the Top 10 Career Prospects in the above section.
However, there are several other career options apart from the aforementioned job profiles. A (B.Tech LL.B.) graduate with a specialized degree can also choose his/her profession in the following areas-
- Research Assistant in Law firms.
- Research Assistant in Technology firms.
- Security Computer Auditors.
- Security Auditors & Network Administrators in Technology firms.
OR, Intellectual Property Right (IPR)-
- Lawyer Specializing in IPR Protection.
- Intellectual Property Paralegal
- Intellectual Property Analyst
- Patent Attorney
- Patent Trademark Consultant
Placements & Top Recruiters
At the end of Law school, most graduates look for a decent job concerning growth regarding knowledge, culture, individuality, and pay scale. Intrinsically, every individual wants to associate with their dream workspace at least once during their professional life. Since the B.Tech LL.B. course is a specialized course, it gives a golden opportunity to all the talented students to get placed & work across a wide range of industries/sectors, like
- IT companies
- Corporate houses
- Bank (Technical or Legal Dept.)
- Courts and Judiciary
- Legal Consultancies
- Security Consultancy Firms
- Police departments
- Colleges & Universities
There are also various top-notch Law firms & reputed companies that hire B.Tech LL.B. Course graduates & offer handsome perks and perquisites to their employees. Some of them are-
- Amarchand and Mangaldas & Suresh A. Shroff & Co.
- Khaitan & Co.
- DSK Legal
- Anand and Anand
- Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan
- AZB & Partners
- Vaish Associates
- Wadia Ghandy & Co.
- J Sagar Associates
- Phoenix Legal
- Desai & Diwanji
- Singhania & Partners
- Luthra & Luthra Law Offices
- Talwar Thakore Associates
- Tata Group
- HCL Technologies
- Tech Mahindra
- ICICI Bank
- HDFC Bank
So, this was all about the B.Tech+LL.B. Integrated Programme. We hope this piece of information will help you & your child in choosing the career option that suits you best!