THE TOP 10 CAT COACHING INSTITUTES IN INDIA
THE TOP 10 CAT COACHING INSTITUTES IN INDIA
Do you want to bell the CAT? Do you have the “CATability” to do so? While the recently declared Common Admission Test 2019 results signify the end of one season of MBA exams, it heralds the season 2020.
An estimated two lakh plus candidates take the Common Admission Test each year to gain entry into the prestigious IIMs and other well-known B‑schools. Let us walk you through the top 10 CAT coaching institutes in India.
There are plenty of CAT coaching institutes in India. The world of knowledge is vast and endless. With rapid globalization, education today transcends all borders. There are a plethora of opportunities available for students who have the focus and inclination. Good education acts as a foundation that helps achieve your life goals
As technology progresses, so do businesses globally. With the dynamic, ever-changing, and ever-evolving nature of life itself, it is but natural to develop new and more functional pertinent courses to suit the needs. The new courses give maximum practical exposure and rely on functional applications. MBA (Master of Business Administration) is one such course at the postgraduate level.
An MBA qualification gives your career the much-needed push to better levels.
The MBA stands for Master of Business Administration. It is an internationally‑recognized degree. The MBA is almost a requisite to scale the ladder professionally. It boosts the careers of people not just in business administration but in other capacities as well.
Irrespective of whether you are eyeing a managerial position, a government sector job, a higher level at a private organization, or aspiring to be an entrepreneur, this one course will embark you on your professional journey like no other. This core course covers various aspects of a business providing in-depth knowledge of the most relevant strategies employed in the business world.
Today, there is a bouquet of business schools across India from which one can choose. Not all provide relevant practical exposure that helps you become corporate ready.
Once you have your goal decided about embarking on an MBA course, you have clarity about your destination. What about the route and the journey? The next step is to decide on what kind of institutes you want to enroll in, to secure the MBA degree.
The MBA entrance exams are annual affairs conducted at the state level, national level, and individual institute level.
Most institutes have their selection criteria and individual entrance exams. The CAT exam, on the other hand, is a Common Admission Test catering to IIMs across India as well as some other business schools.
If you want the best for yourself, then IIMs it is. There are also other prestigious business schools with high standards. If IIMs are your goal, you are in the right place. Read on to know more about the CAT, the entrance exam for MBA.
THE COMMON ADMISSION TEST:
The CAT (Common Admission Test) is an online (computer-based) admission test that rates an aspirant on different levels such as the Quantitative Aptitude, Reading Comprehension, Verbal Ability, Data Interpretation, and Logical Reasoning.
This test is conducted by the IIMs (Indian Institute of Management) each year on a rotational basis. With high qualifying cut-offs, it is a prerequisite for admission into an IIM for business administration.
A lot of other well-known business schools also accept the Common Admission Test score providing candidates an array of prestigious institutes as a choice. Some such institutes are:
- S.P Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR), Mumbai.
- Management Development Institute, Gurgaon
- Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), Delhi.
- Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Ghaziabad.
- JBIMS, Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai.
- International Management Institute (IMI), Delhi.
- Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management, SJMSOM, IIT Bombay.
- Xavier Institute of Management (XIMB), Bhubaneshwar.
- National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE), Mumbai.
- A. Pai Management Institute (TAPMI), Manipal.
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration, Chennai (LIBA), etc.
It is imperative to have basic knowledge about the Common Admission Test before heading on to the selection of a coaching center and start preparations. While the detailed information can is accessible on the official website, here are brief answers to some basic queries on the CAT Exam.
CAT 2019 STATISTICS:
Initially started in 1950, it transitioned to an online format from 2009. The Common Admission Test occurs annually with lakhs of students appearing each year. In 2019, over 2.44 lakh candidates took the CAT Exam. January 04, 2020, was the D-day for the Common Admission Test 2019 results. IIM Kozhikode convened the CAT 2019 exam.
The general eligibility criteria hardly change every year.
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA.
- Candidates in the final year of Bachelor’s degree/equivalent may also apply.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF CAT EXAM?
Unarguably the greatest benefit is that of being able to gain entry into the IIMs. Apart from the IIMs, many other premium business schools are also accepting Common Admission Test scores with a slightly lower cut-off than the IIMs.
As the saying goes, “Think Big, Dream Big, Believe Big, & the results will be Big!”
FREQUENCY OF CAT IN A YEAR.
The Common Admission Test occurs annually in India (mostly in November/December), across 354 centers, 99 cities, and towns. Start early to reap the benefits.
IS THERE AN AGE LIMIT TO APPEAR FOR CAT?
The Common Admission Test has no age limit. Candidates of any age, fulfilling the educational eligibility criteria may apply.
THE NEED FOR A COACHING INSTITUTE
You cannot undermine the significance of a career decision. It defines you and your future as you enter the working world.
Regardless of whether you are starting your career, need career progression, are making a career transition, or becoming an entrepreneur, the MBA is the foundation stone to get you sorted. The leadership skills and management expertise that a world-class institute can provide is priceless.
With that being the emphasis, in today’s competitive world, planning ahead and exploiting opportunities is critical to success. With the number of aspiring candidates for CAT only rising by the year, it is essential to have a plan in place early on to be able to increase your chance of success. More than hard work, smart work is important.
Qualifying for the IIMs does not just involve achieving a cut-off score. You also have to ace through the WAT (Written Ability Test), GD (Group Discussion), and PI (Personal Interview) rounds to be able to obtain access to the IIMs.
This journey of preparing and acing the Common Admission Test with a good score can indeed be daunting. Not when you have a guiding hand through it all, though. Enter, coaching institutes, playing their part.
They systematically walk you through the process, bringing out the best in you. The guidance is what makes the process simpler and less stressful.
There are thousands of coaching centers spread across India. A fragment of these is popular. To alleviate your dilemma, we now provide comprehensive and valuable information on some premium institutes offering CAT coaching. Read on to make an informed decision.
CAT COACHING AT IIM SKILLS:
CAT Coaching at IIM SKILLS is truly a place where expertise meets aspiration. The coaching here is relevant, practical, and focused on making you corporate-ready.
The virtual/online coaching methodology adopted by IIM SKILLS is a flexible and practical program employing the cutting-edge LMS (Learning Management System). The trainers guide you to leverage your experience, helping accelerate your career
Already popular for its content writing master course and digital marketing master course, IIM SKILLS is a top-notch institute specializing in courses that are in-demand in the work industry. Their courses enhance employability.
The faculty is highly experienced and looks at guiding every single student enrolled with them in an individual capacity. The knowledge IIM SKILLS imparts far supersedes the coaching fee.
IIM SKILLS has created a niche for itself and is a brand to reckon with when it comes to job-worthy skills. With IIM SKILLS, you may step-in with apprehensions, but you will step-out calm and assured, an assurance of transforming your dreams into reality.
CAT Preparation 2020 at 34,900 +18% GST.
- The CAT preparation course has a limited batch size to ensure individual attention to every aspiring candidate.
- There are live online sessions that are instructor-led and personalized. You can interact with the instructor to clarify doubts, making the coaching less stressful and more meaningful.
- The CAT preparation course instructors strive to impart the best and provide unmatched and excellent coaching.
- The Common Admission Test online coaching is accessible through a laptop, desktop, or even a mobile, completely your convenience.
- Since it is an online module, the place does not matter and caters to aspirants across India.
- The course is customizable for CAT preparation as well as other MBA-related entrance tests.
- The coaching pushes the candidate to achieve a satisfactory CAT percentile in the first attempt itself.
- Individual assessment of candidates takes place to decipher their strong points and weak points, and after that, personalize the coaching accordingly.
- Mock tests for CAT preparation further help in problem identification and assessment, at the same time helping students improve with more and more practice.
Some Additional Salient Features :
- The trainers of the CAT preparation course at IIM SKILLS believe in the adage that everything does not come naturally to everyone. So, they motivate and train you to conquer your weaknesses, providing complete support to overcome any potential challenges.
- The CAT coaching at IIM SKILLS is self-paced through the LMS (learning management system).
- The CAT preparation course offers free lifetime access to all the course material, including coaching material, e-books, and video lectures. This feature is a timesaver and a jewel of a benefit to those who do not clear the CAT exam in the first attempt. A lifetime free access at no additional cost, at a self-paced routine, makes it a lot less stressful for repeat candidates.
- Working professionals and college students have the flexibility of accessing all the valuable information at a convenient time from the comfort of their homes. It is a major advantage for the time-strapped, obliterating the time spent on traveling to and fro from a coaching institute.
Find more about the program: https://iimskills.com/cat-coaching/
CAT COACHING AT CAREER LAUNCHER
Career Launcher, founded by IIT-IIM alumni, is a known name when it comes to competitive exams. It is one platform that caters to varying levels of education. It is one of the largest coaching institutes in India, with branches spread across the country. They have coaching programs for competitive exams across diverse fields.
They provide detailed study plans guiding you to chart your path. Over the years, they have upgraded and been in sync with updated methods.
They have a good enthusiastic faculty in place to help students crack the CAT exam with competence. They have a repository of information on their website that covers almost all aspects and doubts that one might have before admission.
Depending on the plan, it ranges from 8000-70,000.
- Career Launcher has an array of CAT coaching programs to suit the needs of different candidates.
- The CAT Classroom Program caters to people living in Hyderabad, Mumbai, Delhi-NCR, and Kolkata.
- The CAT Classroom Program also prepares students for other MBA exams such as the XAT, IIFT, SNAP, etc.
- The MBA Residential Program is a full-time and intensive coaching program. It gives the opportunity of 24*7 support and doubt-solving with other added benefits.
- The CAT Online Classes Program offers aspirants flexibility to learn from any place at a time of their convenience. They also have day and night batches for the same.
- The Smart CAT Cracker program is also online with a compilation of videos.
- The CAT Test Series, Non-CAT Test Series, and Test Gym are modules that allow for self-paced learning.
- Career Launcher offers personalized mentoring with a focus on performance.
- The CAT preparation involves rigorous preparation through test series.
- A detailed analysis of every mock test takes place.
- The CAT preparation at Career Launcher has exhaustive course material and modules.
CAT COACHING AT IMS.
IMS boasts of being one of the oldest coaching institutes in India in the field of management education. They are in the education field now for 40+ years. Their motto is to mentor, motivate, and guide students through their educational journey. IMS has a widespread reach with 90+ centers across India.
The course fees vary as per the course chosen and are also city-specific.
- IMS adopts a blended learning approach with offline, online, and mobile study plans.
- The comprehensive classroom program has 150 hours of video content, improved analytics, and one-to-one personal mentoring.
- CATapult Extensive Program includes 300+ hours of classroom sessions, video content, maximize workshops and full-length mock tests.
- The CATapult Plus has the same features as CATapult Extensive, the only difference being 250+ hours of classroom sessions.
- Another program, CATapult Elite Program includes 57 hours of GMAT classroom coaching, mentorship sessions, study plans, and practice tests.
- CATapult Global is again similar to CATapult Elite, with the difference being in 2 mock interviews per B-school interview call.
- The Online & Correspondence program boasts of 160+ hours online.
- Finally, the e-CATapult 2020 has 135+ hours of video content, 12+ live sessions, maximize workshops, dedicated doubt solving groups, and hard copies of books.
- Also available are the MICAT test pack 2020 and PGDBA Online Program.
CAT COACHING AT TIME.
TIME or Triumphant Institute of Management is another renowned institute in the management field. Established in 1992, it has about 251 branches across 118 towns and cities. As with many other CAT coaching institutes, TIME also caters to other competitive MBA exams such as SNAP, XAT, CMAT, IIFT, etc. It offers a wide range of courses catering to all MBA aspirants.
Varies depending on course and module selected.
- The CAT programs are broadly segregated into classroom courses and online or correspondence courses.
- The CAT Classroom Course is the most preferred choice. It covers all concepts from basic to advance.
- This course includes section wise testing, comprehensive testing, training for other related exams, and GD and interview training.
- The CAT course curriculum is expansive, covering all topics.
- The correspondence and online courses are plenty to choose from, and the price varies in accordance with the features of each variant.
- TIME also provides the AIMCAT series that helps immensely in preparation for the CAT exam.
- TIME also has two variants of the GWPI module to aid students ace the second round of selection.
CAT COACHING AT iQUANTA
Five years since its launch, iQuanta is one of the few institutes that have made a name for itself. Its focus is largely on Common Admission Test preparation, unlike most other popular institutes with diverse specialties. Started by its founder as a means to help fellow aspirants, iQuanta grew into an online platform with active discussions by the founder. It uses Facebook as a platform.
Ranges from 6999-17999
- iQuanta has 500+ conceptual videos for quant verbal and LRDI.
- The CAT preparation here utilizes FB as a platform for live sessions.
- iQuanta has a dedicated problem-solving FB group.
- The different programs available for students to choose from include CAT 2020 full course, the Quant CAT 2020 course, LRDI CAT 2020 Course, the Verbal CAT 2020 course, CAT GDPI Course 2020, and XAT Course 2020.
- Also available are the CAT & MBA Mocks and GK packs.
- A free crash course is on the offering to the full course students a month before the CAT exam.
- Dedicated WhatsApp and Facebook doubt solving groups for individual batches of CAT preparation.
CAT COACHING AT 2IIM
2IIM is an IIT Alumni venture offering intensive CAT coaching. With faculty from top business schools, they focus entirely on Common Admission Test coaching. They have an online platform to avail the coaching facilities
Ranges from 1500 for the IPM test series to 30,000 for the Comprehensive CAT 2020.
- The course variants to choose from are Comprehensive CAT 2020, Green-CAT 2020, Comprehensive Course-IPM 2020, Green Course –IPM 2020, Quantitative Aptitude for CAT 2020, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning CAT 2020, and the IPM Test Series.
- The founders and mentors of this CAT coaching are from IIMs themselves.
- The CAT course material covers learning modules, assessment modules, test series, and printed study material.
- As an insight into what the Common Admission Test course has to offer, a trial user can have access to 9 free classes.
CAT COACHING AT PT EDUCATION
PT Education is also a popular coaching institute. Founded in 1993, it has plenty of courses dedicated to diverse topics. PT Education follows the all-in-one prep approach. There are online CAT mock tests with solutions. A hardcopy of the course and video lectures is available.
Ranges from 9,900-17,900
- The Pinnacle range of courses caters to the MBA entrance.
- There are variants available under the same with flexible study options.
- The Pinnacle range of CAT courses includes a regular range, a total range of courses, a weekend range of courses, a sprint range of courses, a state range of courses, test series, and a Powerpack final range of courses.
- The different CAT courses vary slightly in terms of features, mostly varying in terms of the time of the class and duration of the course.
CAT COACHING AT BYJU’S
In recent years, Byju’s is becoming more popular. It offers courses through all levels, starting at kids’ levels. The CAT coaching by Byju’s has also caught on. The training is by Byju Raveendran and Santosh PN. Together, they make a formidable team. They have a good online presence with mobile apps being quite popular. For the Common Admission Test, they have online and mobile app programs. The course guides candidates, strengthen their basics and clear doubts.
The CAT 2019 Course inclusive of a tablet and 14 books priced at 45,000-52,500
- The BYJU’S CAT Prep Module is available at the online level and has a three-tier course structure.
- Phase one of the CAT Prep Module involves concept sessions.
- Phase two of the CAT Prep comprises of advanced workshops.
- Finally, phase three of the CAT prep includes pattern workshops.
- The CAT Prep Module has detailed course material going over every nuance.
- Their LOD analysis, as they call it, provides a holistic view of a candidate’s performance.
- Specialized GD/PI, including topics of current affairs, held post result declaration.
- The CAT Prep Module also prepares candidates for other MBA entrance exams such as SNAP, XAT, etc.
- All India CAT mock tests are inclusive.
- It covers all concepts from basic to advance.
- For the benefit of students wanting to give Byju’s a trial, there is a free mock test
- There are plenty of free resources on the Byju’s website that CAT aspirants can utilize.
CAT COACHING AT UNACADEMY
Unacademy, born in 2016, primarily served for UPSC test preparation. It has progressively evolved since. Proclaimed as India’s largest online learning platform, Unacademy teaches through videos in an organized setup. The main aim is to provide free learning, and it has been hugely successful in doing so.
For the CAT exam, they have a structured approach crisply covering all topics. You are at liberty to choose the online educator; that is something unheard of in a conventional setup.
Monthly subscription fees starting at 3500/month for and 1458 per month for a 12-month subscription.
- Unacademy boasts of well-trained educators imparting knowledge in Quant, Verbal, LR & DI.
- There are live classes too apart from video lectures for CAT preparation.
- Unacademy Plus is the premium version for serious learners preferring a structured course,
- You can chat with the educator, participate in interactive polls in a class, and learn anytime and anywhere for the CAT preparation.
- The plus version offers live doubt clearing sessions and detailed test series to strengthen the CAT preparation.
- You can watch the recordings offline.
- The best feature is that there is no limit to the number of courses you can enroll in when your subscription is active for a particular goal.
CAT COACHING AT HITBULLSEYE
Beginning in 1996 with a team of IIM and XLRI as alumni, Bull’s Eye has gone on to gain a good name, especially in North India. In 2013, hitbullseye.com was ready to cater to the student community on an online platform. They have transitioned from offline to online and have expertise in all the relevant management entrance exams, including the Common Admission Test.
CAT’20 Online Classroom is at 17,999.
CAT’20 Online Prep at 7,499.
CAT 2020 Test series is at 2,499.
- For the Common Admission Test, they have complete preparation solutions on mobile/PC.
- The course curriculum has three live lectures per week and 250+ recorded lectures, discussion groups, and 10,000 + practice questions.
- The CAT’20 Online Prep has weekly doubt clearing sessions apart from mock tests and recorded lectures.
- The CAT 2020 Test Series has the entire mock test bundle with a percentile predictor and AI-based test analysis.
- There is the CAT Online Classroom Demo that gives ten days free access to online preparation resources, sessions on quant and verbal, eBooks, and practice questions.
- Finally, there is also a CAT Free Prep that gives free access to mocks and other CAT resources, including some lectures.
CAT COACHING AT MBAGURU
MBAGuru uses the adaptive prep approach for its CAT coaching. MBAGuru boasts of having an impressive team as faculty.
The regular classroom course is at 50,000 for six months.
- The course uses the adaptive approach. The Adaptive Prep-V3 ensures an intensive CAT coaching with more number of classroom hours.
- This coaching institute has regular classes.
- MBAGuru has rigorous practice modules.
- It has the highest number of classroom training hours since it is a regular class mode only.
- Weekly problem-solving sessions for CAT coaching are inclusive.
- The CAT coaching course includes concept books, adaptive modules, 3-hour classes, test series, and limited batch size.
- You can subscribe for free and get access to CAT Prep videos for beginners.
There are other good institutes too for CAT coaching, with Handa Ka Funda, Erudite, Alchemist, Mindworkzz, TCY Online being mention-worthy.
While some coaching centers have a presence across India, some are limited to certain cities, and yet some are online-based and accessible to any aspiring candidate across the country.
A good coaching institute will provide support until the goal is met, pay personal attention to individuals, and formulate a plan of study as per the competence of each student. No one size has ever fit all. The same is true for preparation for competitive exams.
A good CAT Coaching Institute will take the immense pressure off the shoulders of the aspirants. They will have the course curriculum designed to give the greatest flexibility and ease of understanding. The educators/faculty/trainers should know how to simplify concepts. It goes a long way in helping student conquer their weaknesses and convert them into their strength.
The faculty, batch size, topper history, ease of access, online/offline, extended support till the completion of all rounds, and absorption into an IIM or B-school of your choice, and of course the course fee, are some of the factors that should guide your decision. We hope the details provided above are informative and helps you make a decision.
Be motivated and start your prep to bell the CAT.