Top 3 Technical Writing Courses in Nagpur With Placements
If you are willing to join a technical writing course, then you are at the right article. In this article, we will discuss in detail technical writing and technical writing courses that include career, licenses, certifications, and the top 3 technical writing courses in Nagpur.
Who are Technical Writers?
Technical writers are professional writers who write to convey complex information simply and understandably. They usually write instructions, user manuals, how-to guides, journal articles, and reference guides. They simplify and explain the functioning and use of technologies so that users can easily understand.
Depending on the target audience language of the technical document can vary. If a technical writer is writing about a user manual and their readers are people of science, then the writers would use technical terms as they are. But usually, the target audience is common men, and the document intends to make them understand the user manual.
What is Technical Writing?
Technical writing is writing or drafting technical communication where the writer is writing about a specific topic that requires direction, education, or explanation.
This style of writing is different from other writing styles such as creative writing, academic writing, or business writing because this writing is more technical and is intended to write complex information in an easily understandable way for the general people. Any described and complete information falls under this niche.
Technical writing gives information in such a way that it lets the target audience use the written instructions for a particular purpose. The style of writing should be neutral, clear, and direct.
The topic of technical writing can either be:
- Substantial – Things that are visible or touched, for example, a Television or instructions on how to assemble a piece of furniture or software program or computer.
- Abstract – Something that involves a sequence of steps that aren’t connected to a tangible entity. An example of this might be the steps required to complete an office process.
Examples of technical writing include:
- Instruction manuals
- Policy manuals
- Process manuals
- User manuals
- Reports of analysis
- Instructions for assembling a product
What do Technical Writers Do?
Technical writers typically do the following:
- Identify the needs of users of technical documentation
- Examine product samples and talk with product makers and inventors
- Write and organize supporting content for products
- Edit, standardize, or make modifications to the material drafted by other writers or establishment personnel
- Increase the users understanding of the material with the usage of photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts
- Selection of suitable medium for message or audience, such as manuals or online videos
- Standardize content across platforms and media
- Collect user feedback and reviews to update and improve the content
- Revise content as new issues arise
Careers for Technical Writers
Technical writers with relevant qualifications can pursue a good career as technical writers, they can pursue careers in the following fields.
- Content developers
- Content writers
- Documentation specialists
- Information designers
- Information developers
- Manual writers
- Policy writers
- Technical communications specialists
- Technical communicators
- Technical illustrators
- Technical trainers
- Web writers
Educational Qualifications Required:
Employers commonly select candidates with a bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, or communications, but a degree in a specialized field such as engineering or medicine has more chances compared to a general degree. The knowledge of web designing also is helpful because of the growing use of online technical documentation.
Some associations, such as The Society for Technical Communication and the American Medical Writers Association offer certification for technical writers.
The American Medical Writers Association offers comprehensive continuing education programs and certificates in medical writing. These certificates are specially designed for professionals in the medical and allied scientific communication fields.
Salient Characteristics of Technical Writing:
Technical writing, as is the point with all forms of writing, has particular characteristics that help to distinguish it from other types of writing. It is very different from writing novels both fiction and non-fiction, academic essays, poems, etc.
- Clarity – Technical writing should as a rule always put forth information absolutely, so that there is little or no room for misunderstanding. The use of clear, brief sentences is an absolute must, in addition to this, the sentences must be between 15 to 25 words per sentence.
- In technical writing, the used language should be to the point, describing the procedures in chronological order.
- Straightforward – This type of writing requires relaying the required information directly without any elevation and usage of active voice is important while writing technical articles.
- Emphasize – While writing it is important to repeat certain points for a stronger emphasis so that the reader knows that this particular step cannot be ignored.
- Detailed – Technical writing has to be; prepared and presented in a detailed and informative way, leaving nothing indefinite. A good example of this would be a textbook or an instruction manual for setting up a computer. In both, the subject matter is shown without being indefinite.
- Should be able to skim through – Technical documentation should ideally be developed with an idea in mind that readers will most likely scan for the important features to easily find the information they need. Thoughtful titles and include a table of contents would be useful in this regard.
Processes of Technical Writing
It’s necessary to prepare documents before you start writing. The preparation includes planning the technical documents because it requires a lot more time than the actual writing part. Processing documents confirms its effectiveness. Along with this, you need to check or proofread documents or articles for technical errors.
Technical writing courses in Nagpur will teach you how to plan a technical document before you start writing. Before starting writing consider completing the following steps.
- Project planning
- Target audience
- Knowing your audience
- Technical documents
- Writing styles
Consider a client requests a technical document. The client will provide you necessary details that are required to prepare the document.
But sometimes you may need to ask for all required details in preparing the document and ensure that the client and you as a writer are on the same page. You need to ask the required questions for the client.
After gathering all the requirements, you need to study the target audience. Your readers might be professionals in the same field as you, or a complete beginner, who has no idea regarding any of the products. The technical information does not vary; what changes is the language of the detailing, considering your reader.
Knowing Your Audience
After checking your audience, you need to understand the nature of your audience, and it’s important to understand their expectations and requirements. As a writer, you must know when the reader starts to read the material, what they are searching for. As a writer, you need the following questions to decide who your readers are:
- Who are the readers?
- What does the reader need?
- Where will the reader read the document?
- When will the reader read the document?
- Why did the reader read the document?
- How will the reader read the document?
Many times, to make the topic more appealing to their peers and professional groups the writers unconsciously show their knowledge level. They get distracted from the main purpose of writing the content, i.e. the convenience of the end readers.
To stay on track, writers must proofread their text and read the content from the readers’ point of view. By this method, writers can decide if they have swayed from the path or remained on the track throughout the document.
Technical writing courses in Nagpur transform you into a technical writer who is well-versed in writing the following types of documents.
- Technical Manuals: Gives directions for using a device or software.
- Emails: Circulates information and instructions.
- Technical Proposals: Presents the new project details.
- Specifications: Provides details of a product, design, or materials that guide the third party or user to assemble or reassemble it.
- Technical Specification Datasheets: describe the details of products, such as technical features and characteristics, to enter these details into other systems or for easy reference.
- Guides and Handbooks: Easily accessible reference books.
- Standard Operating Procedure: Stepwise directions to complete systematic processes.
Now that the structure of the document is planned and ready, the next step is to start the writing. It seems like an easy task, but it’s difficult.
While writing, you need to follow several specifications and parameters to create a brief and efficient technical book. In technical writing courses in Nagpur, a student practices writing a technical document by trying to keep the following parameters in check:
- Sentence voice
- Word choice
- Step based description
- No jargons
- Simple grammar
Technical Writing Courses in Nagpur
Nagpur is a major city of Maharastra and contributes significantly to the state’s economy. There are many science bases in Nagpur out of these some are Raman Science Centre and Raman Planetarium Complex, Institute of science Nagpur.
Apart from scientific institutes and centers, Nagpur also has various multinational technology companies- HCL Technologies, Infosys, Tech Mahendra technical writing has a lucrative career in Nagpur.
Hence, you can learn technical writing with these technical writing courses in Nagpur:
1. IIM SKILLS
IIM SKILLS is an institute that offers professional courses that assist in the development of skills. At IIM SKILLS, the best instructors teach complex concepts in a simplified way to help students develop a clear and thorough understanding of the concept or subject. If you are searching for technical writing courses in Nagpur, sign up for the Technical Writing Master Course at IIM SKILLS.
The technical writing course offers you over 5 weeks of teaching, includes 20 hours of lectures, approximately more than 60 hours of practical assignments, and provides some software tools that you need to write quality articles. After joining the course, the students get lifetime access to LMS, consulting and technical support, and a 1-month internship, where you will develop your portfolio.
The course content includes the following:
- Writing ethics
- Content Creation Journals
- Technical Reports, White Papers, Datasheets, User Manuals, Medical Writing
- API Documentation
- Grammar Style and Publishing
This course will help you to develop your skills in technical writing to help you create a fascinating document after researching your audience, learn appropriate methods to communicate technical information, and know documenting and editing rules.
On top of this, you are learning how to use software tools that can do magic for your technical writing- MS Visio, MS Project, Git, Scribus, Canva, Powerpoint, Word, Robohelp, XML, and DITA. The course duration is 5 weeks and a one-month internship.
Eligibility to join this course are:
- A graduate from any discipline
- Have an interest in technology and writing
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of the internet and stable connection.
The course is held online and charges Rs. 14,900 + 18% (GST).
Download IIM SKILLS Technical Writing Course BrochureFIND WHY 20,000+ PEOPLE LOVE IIM SKILLS
Apart from the technical writing course IIM Skills also offers the following courses:
- Digital Marketing Course
- SEO Course
- Content Writing Course
- Financial Modeling Course
- Business Accounting And Taxation Course
- CAT Coaching
Contact: +919580740740, [email protected]
2 Technical Writing Courses in Nagpur by Coursera
Coursera is an international online learning platform that offers a plethora of online courses in nearly every category. The platform is allied with many universities, institutes, and multinational companies to provide professional learning opportunities to the students.
As it is an online learning platform there is no barrier as to who can join the course. Coursera offers many at free of cost. Out of which one of the courses in the technical writing course offered by the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology on Coursera.
In the course, you will learn required technical writing skills and emphasize the elements that impact the intricacy of the language and concepts you are interested in. You will be able to learn how to write various technical reports.
The course also allows you to learn the various language, framing, style, and content challenges that you may have while expressing the findings of your study.
Technical writing offered by Coursera is one of the best technical writing courses in Nagpur. The course is online, and you can attend the course at your time and submit the tasks according to your schedule. The certificate will be provided upon the compilation of the course. The course is available in the English language with various regional subtitles.
What does it include?
- 20 hrs hours of on-demand video
- Self-Paced Learning Option
- Course Videos & Readings
- Practice Quizzes
- Graded Assignments with Peer Feedback
- Graded Quizzes with Feedback
- Graded Programming Assignment
What will you learn from this course?
Week 1: Introduction
Week 2: From Start to Finish layout
Week 3: Organizing the information
Week 4: Researching your subject
Week 5: Capstone Project.
The fee is 3651/-
Udemy is an online learning platform where industry professionals prepare and record video sessions on the subjects and topics of their expertise. They release these sessions on Udemy offering them to the students at reasonable prices. With these video sessions and assignments, you can grow in the field with professional training.
You will receive lifetime access to the course upon purchase of the course. If the instructor updates a course you get the update with no extra cost. To attend technical writing courses in Nagpur, you can opt for any of the two technical courses:
Professional Technical Writing: Advance Your Writing Skills
In this course, you will teach a novice about the know-how of technical writing, document creation, and guide you into writing your first user manual.
Upon purchase of this course, you will be able to access lecture videos, exercises, and assignments, quizzes, e-books, and documents.
This course is appropriate for people who are interested or involved in the writing industry, in the scientific profession, in the sales and product field, and anyone who wants to change careers.
The course curriculum includes:
- Writing techniques
- Errors in technical writing
- Grammar and writing style
- Content of the document
- Planning a document
- Graphics and mind maps
- Assignments and quizzes
Technical Writing: Master Your Writing Career
The technical writing courses in Nagpur teach the students how to write a technical document effectively and accurately. The course introduces you to technical writing and gives an outline of the domain and the job. You will be taught how to analyze the audience, plan and write the technical document, finalize your document, and sell them.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the educational qualification required for a technical writer?
To become a technical writer, a degree is not mandatory for freelancing. You must have relevant subject expertise to get a job degree in relevant fields such as medical science, computer science, journalism, engineering is required.
- What is the average income for a technical writer in India?
The average income of a technical writer is ₹5,78,747 in India.
- What are the career advantages of a technical writer?
- Technical writing skill helps you to write research paper, thesis, and technical content easily
- Make your profile weighted during job interviews
- Earn a Rewarding Technical writer certificate
- What are some similar courses I should take along with technical writing courses in Nagpur?
Some of the available courses that complement your technical writing courses in Nagpur would be content writing, graphic design, and other related courses that can equip you with the skills required to become a technical writer.
While there seems to be a shortage in the availability of technical writing courses in Nagpur, many of these live online classes are making it easier for the audience in Nagpur to avail of this knowledge.
The shortcoming of a live class, in-classroom class cannot be felt with these highly professional live online classes that most of these platforms provide, destroying the need for on-site education, which now looks like it’s going to be a thing of the past.
Aspiring writers in Nagpur can now expect a future for themselves as technical writers. The requirement for technical writers is going to increase as India’s and the global IT industry continues to boom. Technical writing can be considered a rewarding career option.
Hey, I’m excited to get back into the workforce after a two-year pause. Technical writing is one of the options I’m considering, but I’m not sure because I’m new to the field and don’t have any connections in the industry. Your article leads me to think about India’s changing economy and the opportunities for technical writers there. Thank you for recommending some of the best technical writing courses in Nagpur with placement opportunities.
I have immense experience in the field of aviation and I recently retired from that industry. I want to share my experience with aspiring airline candidates by creating a user friendly manual and training . Although I have the required knowledge I find it a challenge to put together my ideas in a proper manner. I was looking for a course that will help me do the same. I looked at quite a few courses available online and also attended a 2 day writing workshop . But I honestly feel I need more training to channelize my work professionally. Will Technical writing courses in Nagpur be a good option for me ?
hey, I am a college student interested in learning technical writing, but have no idea where to start, should I take the free one on the internet or go for the little expensive one from some reputed institute. does a certification from an institute help you to kickstart your career or i should learn the skill on my own?
I worked in a construction business for many years before retiring a year ago. As a technical content writer, I’d like to make some money. Is there any prerequisite knowledge required before enrolling in technical writing courses in Nagpur? Do we need to know any coding or new age technologies, for example, as I have no experience with either. Also, please point me in the direction of a decent institute that would provide excellent training, since I do not want to waste my time and money on a company that makes false promises. It would be helpful to have a demo session before deciding whether or not to enrol in a course, even when it appears to be quite enticing.
After working in the marketing industry for years, I just took a vacation in order to concentrate on writing. I am a digital marketer. I have written a few pieces that have been published as well as an e-book, but I wish to sharpen my abilities by registering for Technical writing courses in Nagpur . To avoid repeating material I already know and have mastered over the years, I wanted to fully understand the course’s contents. Additionally, I want to stay away from the pre-recorded courses offered by reputable platforms, therefore I’m seeking for a company that offers interactive online training.