Top 5 Technical Writing Courses In Chennai With Placements
Technical writing is still a highly in-demand skill in the business world. From 2014 to 2024, demand is predicted to increase by 10%. This is remarkably quicker than the national average for all vocations. If you’re looking for technical writing courses in Chennai and want to become proficient then this article is going to provide you with the top technical writing courses in Chennai.
Technical writing is a sort of writing in which the author covers a specific topic that needs to be directed, instructed, or explained. Creative writing, academic writing, and business writing, for example, have very different aims and characteristics than this form of writing.
Differences between Content Writing and Technical Writing:
For technical writing, a writer must have a thorough understanding of the technical subject he is about to write about. Industries, machines, products and services, technology, and so on can all be included. In technical writing, the information presented must be scientific, legitimate, and related to the technical issue.
A precise pattern is maintained in technical writing, and the tone must be professional. A technical essay on how to operate a washing machine, for example, requires the writer to understand the machine’s mechanics and write the article in a specified manner following a set of norms without using exaggerated language.
A technical writer must be familiar with the jargon associated with the technologies in which he specializes. Technical writing’s goal is to educate and inform the intended audience. As a technical writer, you’ll be assigned projects such as writing manuals, guides, tutorials, academic materials, product specifications, and so on.
Because content writing is such a broad industry, a writer must be a jack of all trades. Electronics, physics, spirituality, reviews, sports, and even social media writing are all possibilities. Blogs are the best example of content writing. The writing style for content creation is determined by the clients’ needs as well as the topics.
If you’re producing material for a website, for example, the tone of your writing should be professional but flattering, and the substance should be educational and marketable. When creating a blog about a personal event, though, you can write in any style you like as long as the readers find the blog entertaining to read.
The basic rule of content writing is that it should be interesting to read. However, depending on where the material will be published, the aims of content writing may differ. If you’re writing something for social media, for example, it needs to be engaging and unique so that others will share it and it will go viral.
It could also be for the goal of promoting a product or service. When writing a review, you must persuade readers to purchase a certain product so that you can earn a profit from the affiliate link. When writing for a website, you must adhere to particular SEO principles if you want organic traffic.
You do not need to have a comprehensive understanding of the subject you are writing about because most of it is already available on the internet in a lucid form for you to read and comprehend before writing about it.
Here are some instances of technical writing:
- Manuals of instruction
- Manuals of policy
- Manuals for the process
- Manuals for users
- Analytical reports
- Instructions for putting together a product
- A condensed version of a lengthy report that highlights and condenses the most significant points.
One of the first tasks in technical writing is to conduct research. After you’ve been given an assignment, you’ll be in charge of gathering data (both numerical and non-numerical) and turning it into useful information.
A variety of sources can be used to conduct research, including:
Libraries and Research Databases
Online and Intranet Publications
After you’ve done your research, you’ll need to summarize your findings and start organizing your documents.
2. Audience Perception:
The technical data you collect and analyze must be structured for reader interest, comprehension, and perception.
Technical writers are frequently tasked with conveying highly technical knowledge to non-technical audiences. As a result, one of the first steps in the most efficient technical writing process is to carefully analyze your audience in order to match the material to their demands.
To be a good technical writer, you must have excellent communication skills. You’ll very certainly be working with multiple teams and people in various roles. It will be critical for you to be able to listen, record, and communicate.
4. Technical Skills:
It’s critical that you comprehend the technical aspects of the material you’re writing about. If you come from a technical background and are learning to write, technical writing is slightly easier. It can be more difficult if you have a writing background and are trying to understand technical topics.
5. Writing Skills:
Your documents will be easy to read and error-free if you have excellent writing skills. Many of the other talents on this list are incorporated into writing. It’s pivotal that your document has the proper tone, style, and format. These criteria are frequently defined in a style guide by the hiring organization.
6. Knowledge of Digital Tools:
During the technical writing process, today’s authors must employ a variety of tools. This frequently extends beyond simple text editors. Technical writers must be able to draw and annotate photos and screen captures, as well as extract data from Excel and present it in charts and tables. They can also use the same planning, writing, and editing tools that business writers do.
7. User Research & Testing:
User research and testing may be required for some types of technical writing. A printed guide directing engineers on how to repair a malfunctioning device on a deep ocean oil rig is an example of an application where comprehensive research and testing would be suitable.
It’s important that the documentation is simple to understand, especially if the app is critical to the main function. To create the guide correctly, the author should first watch how engineers tackle the problem.
They may utilize recording devices or simply take notes to document their findings. Testing is directly tied to this form of study. Testing is required to guarantee that your content works as intended.
After completing a draft of the paper, the writer may distribute it to a test group for review. They can then watch in real-time as the end customers follow the instructions. They might conduct a focus group or conduct a survey to gather input on the document’s usefulness. As they modify the document, they will incorporate these real-world observations.
Even in less sophisticated or crucial applications, having a third party read through the text is always a good idea. This aids in overcoming the knowledge curse. The curse of knowledge is a cognitive bias that occurs when someone tries to explain something that they already know. It’s difficult for an expert to imagine themselves in the shoes of a novice learner.
Technical Writing Courses in Chennai:
1. IIM SKILLS
IIM SKILLS is the first name that springs to mind when it comes to job-oriented courses like technical writing, content writing, or digital marketing. It is a major college that offers online courses to the general public and is included among the top technical writing courses in Chennai.
In just over five years, the institute has completed over 1000 pieces of training and impacted the lives of over 15000 trainees around the world. In sectors such as finance, marketing, and entrepreneurship, the institute develops in-demand courses.
Its entire faculty is made up of industry specialists with over ten years of expertise. Another great feature is that IIM SKILLS offers lifetime access to its courses, allowing you to go back over any topics you may have forgotten. The IIM SKILLS courses are excellent value for money, as they are primarily a student-centered organization. The duration of the course is 100 hours spread over four weeks. That is why it is the best among all the technical writing courses in Chennai.
Key Features of Technical Writing Course:
- Students will learn how to draft, revise, and publish proper technical documents in this practical and hands-on course.
- Use templates, graphics, and advanced tools to get the job done.
- Learn everything you can about the MSTP criteria and make sure you follow them.
- Complete three assignments: Writing a CV, writing a user manual, and developing an online assistance system.
- Students not only have the opportunity to study from prominent technical writers, but they also receive interview training and placement support.
- Candidates can master the latest technical writing tools and apply them to the project throughout this four-week intensive course. Editors look over each project personally and advise students on how to improve it to meet industry standards.
Download IIM SKILLS Technical Writing Course Brochure
FIND WHY 20,000+ PEOPLE LOVE IIM SKILLS
Other Courses offered by IIM SKILLS
- Digital Marketing Course
- SEO Course
- Content Writing Course
- Financial Modeling Course
- Business Accounting And Taxation Course
- CAT Coaching
Contact: +919580740740, [email protected]
2. Greens Technology:
Greens Technology has been helping students learn through real-time exposure in the information and technology area for more than a decade. The institute offers classroom, corporate, and video training in a variety of competitive technologies, including software and development, data scientists, machine learning, digital marketing, technical writing, and so on.
In the corporate world, Greens Technology delivers end-to-end recruitment solutions. They give candidates with outstanding work chances through their hands-on learning and practical exposure.
The technical writing courses in Chennai include two free demo sessions, which is an excellent method to judge the training’s quality and assist you in making a decision. With only five to seven individuals in each batch or even individualized one-on-one sessions, the batch size is minimal. Greens Technology also provides job recommendations to suitable applicants after providing 100 percent practical training.
- The course is broken into 5 weeks of classroom instruction and 12 weeks (3 months) of online training.
- Internships, live projects, and presentations are all available. — 7-week period.
- The curriculum is broken down into ten distinct units.
- Practicing with various writing tools and software, as well as tips and strategies.
- Practicing research and investigation abilities, as well as developing case studies.
- Creating technical blogs and write-ups with a non-technical audience in mind.
- Batch size – This course’s hallmark is its batch size, which ensures quality training. Each batch is limited to a maximum of seven students.
- Ensures that you will receive 100 percent practical instruction.
- They conduct assessments at regular intervals to keep your learning on pace.
- They offer flexible scheduling for online classes, as well as weekend courses.
3. JPA Solutions:
Established in 2010, one of the most well-known and prestigious technical writing institutes that offer technical writing courses in Chennai. It is also one of Chennai’s top software training colleges.
JPA Solutions has overseas operations in the United States, Singapore, Malaysia, Dubai, and New Zealand, as well as branches around Chennai. The institute offers classroom and online courses, as well as corporate training and final-year academic projects at colleges and universities. Their main concentration is on education, training, and substantial job placement assistance.
- Intensive instruction for a few weeks (The curriculum is flexible on individual needs)
- The course is well-structured and separated into distinct modules that focus on key topics, allowing you to become familiar with a variety of software tools while improving your technical writing skills
- Advance some of the tools such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Visio, HTML, Adobe Frame Maker, and DITA
- Tasks and Assignments- You will be expected to work on assignments at the end of each module in order to give the best version of your learning
- Presentations and Study Materials- You will discover thorough methods and procedures for conducting research and investigation, preparing for presentations, analyzing data to improve skills, and presenting as live sessions
- Exams and mock interviews—internal tests and evaluations will be used to assess your progress. In addition, qualified professionals will conduct mock interviews to assist you to build confidence
- The workshops will be guided by a team of great specialists with decades of real-world experience and understanding in the field of technical writing
- Certification- Upon successful completion of the institute’s technical writing course, you will be awarded a certificate
4. Knowledge Buffer:
The Knowledge Buffer is another good college that provides technical writing courses in Chennai. The institute provides technical writing and e-learning services, among other things. It offers technical writing, instructional design, Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe Captivate, e-publishing, DITA, XML, and structured authoring, among other things, in the training area.
Certificate programs, Diploma programs, postgraduate programs, and foundation programs are all available. Knowledge Buffer has offices in Chennai, Pune, and Hyderabad, and a CEO and knowledge Guru with over 37 years of experience in the sector.
Individual and corporate training is available at the institute. It offers both a job-oriented technical writing course and a technical writing course that may be completed online. The course duration is 60 hours spread over three months. It deserves a special mention as one of the best technical writing courses in Chennai.
- Anyone interested in becoming a technical writer would benefit from their job-oriented technical writing courses in Chennai, which include hands-on experience with a variety of software tools. It includes varieties of technical writing, printing and publishing principles, writing mechanics, document development life cycle, software development life cycle, capability maturity model, and more after an introduction. Business proposals, user guides, case studies, and white papers are all part of the program.
- With practice, projects, and certification, the course covers several important tools.
- Lessons, assignments, reading recommendations and projects with certification are all included in the online course syllabus.
- On weekdays, the institute offers free online demo sessions.
5. Henry Harvin:
Henry Harvin Education is a leading educational institution that offers both online and traditional classroom training. Training 360 currently ranks the technical writing course as the best in the market, which makes it one of the top-notch options of technical writing courses in Chennai.
Technical writing, SEO writing, Academic writing, copywriting, business writing, and more courses are available to help students improve their writing and technical skills. The technical writing course presented here will not only assist you in improving your writing skills but will also assist you in comprehending and analyzing the broad scope of the topic of technical writing.
- It lasts for one month and includes an intensive 24 hours of online training, as well as 24 hours of live online brush-up sessions and concrete 50 hours of e-learning lectures.
- The training is led by the industry’s most knowledgeable and experienced educators, all of whom have years of hands-on expertise.
- Projects: During the course, you will be exposed to real-world industrial projects and case studies.
- Membership: You have the great option to join Henry Harvin for a year and receive a number of additional benefits, including:
- With over 18,000 alumni globally, you’ll have the opportunity to create a strong network.
- The subscription offers fantastic access to recorded videos, projects, case studies, and more.
- You get to attend the 12 monthly brush-up workshops and Q&A sessions for free for a year, which is worth INR 6,000.
- After completing the course, you will be entitled to specific career and internship help, as well as access to Henry Harvin’s LMS resources.
- Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a globally recognized Hallmark CTRW Certification.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Is technical writing a good career?
Both in terms of job satisfaction and remuneration, technical writing (or technical communication) is a very fulfilling vocation. Many people outside of the profession may be vaguely familiar with the term, but their knowledge of the field is likely to be limited or incorrect.
2. Is a specific degree required for technical writing?
Not in the least. Technical writing relies solely on your ability to write well and solve problems. Of course, you’ll need a lot of practice, and there’ll never be enough. There are, however, a plethora of courses on the market nowadays that provide well-structured technical writing courses for your advantage.
3. Is it difficult to become a technical writer?
If you don’t have the necessary training or certification, becoming one is difficult. Someone who believes themselves a good writer but has no knowledge of grammar, for example, may find that they are unable to successfully use their skills as a technical writer because they lack this expertise.
The bottom line in technical writing and technical content is to use understandable terminology, diction, language, and grammar while keeping your language basic, clear, and succinct. Technical writing courses in Chennai are offered by a number of colleges. Ultimately, what matters is how much hard effort, patience, and never-ending rigorous practice you put in to succeed in this career path.