Top 10 Taxation and Accounting Courses with Placements
Taxation is not just about paying taxes for public services and goods but is also a decisive factor in the social agreement between citizens and the economy. How taxes are collected and spent can establish a government’s very constitutionality.
Government jobs in tax collection are relatively well-paid and offer immense stability. Nevertheless, tax professionals often find steady, well-paid jobs in accounts divisions of corporate houses or CA enterprises.
Tax consultancy provides excellent rewards too. The following article discusses some of the best Taxation and Accounting Courses to help you begin a promising career with strong subject knowledge.
What are Taxation and Accounting Courses?
Taxation and Accounting Courses involve the study of the subdivision in the niche. The courses help aspirants inculcate the necessary understanding and skills of the subject in depth. Candidates get a prominent elaborate overview of the subject and gain knowledge of the present scenario of our country’s economy.
The program enables students to gain a synopsis of the Indian tax system, fundamental accounting principles, taxation, VAT system, calculation of GST and GST tax brackets. Students with good calculation skills and a basic understanding of commerce would find it easy to instill in them the advanced principles of the field. After completing the courses, they can go on to pursue higher studies in Accounting, Taxation, or both.
The course programs are usually divided into modules and take six months or one year. These modules discuss elementary topics like working on MS Office Suite, Tally, preparing balance sheets on Excel, Cost Accounting and Financial Accounting, basics of Direct and Indirect Taxes and GST. With an upsurge in the number of taxes, there is a want for experts who can take forward the system and understand its relevance in different areas. Here, taxation and accounting courses set forth a platform for candidates who are inclined to seek a career in Accounting.
The general course structure thus aims to let students gain absolute knowledge of the subject matter and employ it in their careers. Pursuing courses in taxation and accounting after graduation will advantage students who select their profession in taxation, financial sectors, Indian economy, international and national tax, etc. Taking up these courses after the 12th will give them a solid ground for pursuing Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in the domain and starting a career from the junior or intern level in financial sectors.
Top Taxation and Accounting Courses
IIM skills is a leading institution for online education in skill development worldwide. Presently it has trained over fifteen thousand students from more than thirty-five countries through its self-paced and online live programs. Flexible virtual online classes, post-training services, dedicated placement cells, and globally accredited certifications are some of the outstanding features of the institute. IIM Skills provides an excellent certification course in taxation and accounting whose course details are as follows:
- Course Name: Master BAT course
- Duration: 3 months
- Fees: INR 49,900
- Basics of Accounting and Accounting in Tally
- Basics of GST and GST in Tally
- Basics of TDS and TDS in Tally
- Payroll and Payroll with Tally
- Income Tax with Tally
- Advance Excel and MIS Reporting
Salient Features of Master BAT Course:
- Live interactive online sessions
- Extensive and experiential learning of Business Accounting and Taxation
- Well-researched teaching methods and syllabus adaptable to the current developments in the Accounting and Taxation domains.
- Industry experts-led training with case studies to give you an immersive learning experience
- Conceptual clearness and insights into the theoretical and practical applications of Accounting and Taxation
- Quick doubts resolutions for unambiguous learning through the discussion forum
- Course completion certificate to validate your skills.
The super-interactive learning sessions of this certification course in the BAT program help you acquire comprehensive knowledge of Business Accounting and Taxation. The training program helps entrepreneurs understand the financial situation of their business and make decisions accordingly. It also gives them better awareness of their tax compliances.
This course program makes you job-ready with the practical knowledge of all procedures under the Finance, Accounting, and Taxation domains. These reasons and the practical assignments, free ebooks, invoicing tools & software, internship opportunities, and a dedicated placement cell makes the Master BAT course by IIM Skills one of the finest taxation and accounting courses globally.
IIM Skills provide the following other skill development courses:
National Institute of Financial Market:
National Institute of Financial Market is one of the leading private vocational training institutes in the stock market, financial market, and accounting taxation sector. They provide long-term and short-term Job Oriented skill development courses in offline and online modes. The institute introduced short-term job-oriented certification programs for teaching the latest facilities in the financial markets Industry.
NIFM provides job-oriented courses in Stock Market, Share Market, Capital Market, Forex Market, Commodity market, Options Strategy, Derivative, and Financial Market. It also helps in preparing for SEBI NISM Modules examinations. Today, NIFM provides one of the most professional taxation and accounting courses in India, whose course details are as follows:
- Course Name: Certified GST Professional
- Duration: 2 Months
- Fee: ₹ 25,000 + GST
- Introduction of Goods & Services Tax
- Structure of GST
- Invoicing in GST
- Input Tax Credit & Payment in GST
- GST Return Filing
- Composition Scheme Under GST
- Reverse Charge Mechanism
- E-Way Bill under GST
- Registration under GST
Salient Features of Professional GST Certificate course:
- Professional GST Certified Course
- Detailed knowledge of GST Laws, concepts, and applications.
- Understanding GST’s impacts on the functioning of businesses
- Curriculum with both theoretical and practical training
- Changes in the business course for compliance with the new law
- Industry expert-led training.
- Practical awareness of the different processes under the GST Act, like registration, TDS, filing of returns, and availing Input Tax Credit,
- Faculties with over ten years of experience
- Complete Placement Assistance
- Unlimited Practical hours
- Extensive GST accounting training using online GST software
- Smart and well-equipped classrooms.
- Substantial learning with daily home assignments
- Supportive management and good infrastructure
- Personal attention to each student
- Lifetime support from faculties
- Availability of weekend batches
The GST certification course by NIFM is suitable for beginners, students, accountants, finance professionals, entrepreneurs, CEOs, CFOs, Finance Directors, Tax Directors, SMEs, Analysts, and Traders.
3. The Institute of Cost Accountants of India:
The Institute of Cost Accountants of India, established in 1944, became a statutory professional body in 1959 by a Special Act of Parliament. The objective of this statutory professional body was to regulate the profession of cost and management accountancy.
The Institute of Cost Accountants of India is the only recognized licensing body and statutory professional organization specializing entirely in Cost and Management Accountancy. The institute provides one of the most professional taxation and accounting courses in India, whose course details are as follows:
- Course Name: Online Certificate Course on GST
- Duration: 72 Hours
- Fee: ₹ 10,000 + 18% GST (without exam fee)
- Exam Fee: ₹ 10,00 + 18% GST
- Constitutional Background of GST, Concepts, and Definitions in GST
- Classification, HSN, SAC
- Input Tax Credit, Refund of ITC
- Records and Returns
- Payment and Refunds
- Penalties and Prosecutions
- Job Work
- Zero Rated Supplies, Imports, and Exports
- Applicability of TCS & TDS under GST & Filing of Return
- The taxable event, Time and Place of Supply, Exempted Supply, Composite and Mixed Supply, and Work Contract
- Valuation under GST
- Basic Procedures – Registration, Bill of Supply, Invoice, E-way bills, etc.
- Annual return & Assessment
- Adjudication & Appeal
- Advance Ruling & Anti Profiteering
- Miscellaneous Provisions & Case Studies
The institute’s certification course on GST is one of the taxation and accounting courses with live doubt clearing sessions. Students should score 50% on a test of hundred questions to qualify for the certification.
Candidates belonging to the following categories can enroll in this certification program:
- Qualified Cost and Management Accountants
- Other Professionals like CA, CS, M.Com, MBA, and Lawyers
- Tax Practitioners and executives from industries
- Students who either pursue or are qualified CMA
4. City Commerce Academy:
The City Commerce Academy is a professional training Institute in India that has successfully trained thousands of students in the accounting field. Their training programs for Accounts, Tally Erp 9, Taxation, and accounting software have exceptional techniques, which the institute developed after several years of research.
Presently the institute provides four comprehensive certifications and several other short courses in accounting and taxation. The following are the course details of the accounting and taxation course by The City Commerce Academy:
- Course Name: Accounts and Tax Expert
- Duration: Not Available
- Fee: ₹ 10,800
- Basic Concept
- Accounting Theories
- Journal Entries
- Manual Accounts
- Computerized Accounts
- Tally Erp. 9
- Inventory Accounting
- Balance Sheet
- Reports & MIS
- Indirect Taxes before GST
- Goods and Service Tax (GST)
- Income Tax : Concept & Returns
- Tax Deduction & Collection at Source
- Employees Provident Fund (EPF)
- Employee State Insurance (ESI)
Accounts and Tax Expert course is a brilliant course for students of B.Com, M.Com, CA, ICWA, MBA, CS, Business Men, and accounts professionals. It offers them hands-on learning of the filing of online returns and the finalization of Balance Sheets.
The course program promises to equip students with expertise equal to five to seven years of professional experience. For these reasons, we can conclude that the course program by City Commerce Academy is one of the most comprehensive Taxation and Accounting Courses you can consider joining.
EduPristine is a leading Finance Training Provider around the world. Today its business verticals include Finance, Marketing, Accounting, Analytics, and Healthcare. As an educational platform, EduPristine has built a vast network of learners in India and offers self-paced learning, classroom learning, and online learning. The institute provides one of the best taxation and accounting courses with hands-on experiential online training whose course details are as follows:
- Course: Post Graduate Program in Business Accounting and Taxation
- Duration: Not Available
- Fee: Not Available
- Basics of Accounting & Accounting in Tally
- Basics of GST & GST in Tally
- Fundamentals of Income Tax and Income Tax in Tally
- Payroll and its components
- Excel for Accounting & MIS
- Finalization of Financial Statements
- BUSY Practicals
- Soft Skills
Salient features of the accounting and taxation program by EduPristine:
- Dedicated computer lab
- Industry-relevant content
- Case-studies based learning
- Project-based practical training
- Training by industry experts
- Work on MS Excel, Tally, SAP, & Busy software
- Prepare for 4 top accounting certifications
- Dedicated discussion forums
- Effective business communication
- Interpersonal communication
- Email and virtual communication
- Presentation boot camp
- Interview preparation workshop
- Frequent job updates
- Customized career guidance
- Resume preparation assistance
- Career services & placement assistance
The course program is a hands-on practical learning course, developed to help students become business-ready accounting professionals. Industry experts structured and curated the modules of this training program. Students also get help from the career services team that helps them acquire the desirable soft skills to prepare for job interviews.
Finprov Learning is a leading upskilling and learning platform aiming at inventive and high-quality education in Finance and Accounting. Finprov’s vision is to develop accomplished professionals in the sector through theoretical knowledge and job readiness. The following are the course details of the Accounting and taxation program by Finprov:
- Course Name: Post Graduate Diploma in Business Accounting and Taxation
- Duration: 1 year
- Fee: ₹60,000/-
- Practical Accounting
- Tally Prime
- GST Practical
- Income Tax
- MS Excel
- ESI, PF & PT
- Language & Professional Skills
- QuickBooks Online
- Corporate Law
- SAP FICO
- Introduction to Auditing
- Management Information System (MIS)
Salient features of the taxation and accounting course by Finprov:
- Tech-enabled learning provides global access
- Industry oriented training with case studies
- 360-degree exposure to MIS reporting, GST, and accounting software
- Personalized career assistance
Expert chartered accountants designed this PG Diploma course which gives intense practical training in the accounting field. Through the program, learners will get logical and functional exposure to Tally Prime, SAP FICO ERP software, QuickBooks. It also covers critical topics of GST, Basic Accounting, MS Excel tools, Income Tax, ESI, Corporate Law, PF, etc. Finprov offers professional skill and soft skill training to students as a supplement to groom them for interviews.
EduBridge offers excellent training experience in EduBridge Career Academies and its online training programs. They provide more than a hundred training programs in skill development. The following are the course details of the accounting and taxation certification program by EduBridge:
- Course Name: Certification Program in Accounting and Taxation with GST and Tally
- Duration: 300 Hours
- Fee: ₹ 14,500/-
- Introduction to Accounting (FA)
- Accounting Standards
- Fundamental Concepts of Accounting (FA)
- Vouchers and Source Documents
- Journal Entries
- Posting to Ledger
- Trial Balance
- Adjusting Entries (FA)
- Introduction to Inventory (FA)
- Bank Reconciliation Statement
- Introduction to Financial Reports – Part 1
- Introduction to Financial Reports – Part 2
- Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable
- Ratio Analysis
- Excel for Accountants
- Taxation (FA)
- Tax Deduction at Source
- Tax Collected at Source
- Payroll Process
- Income Tax Return Filing
- Practice Session (FA)
- Project Work (FA)
- Resume Builder
Salient features of the Accounting and Taxation program by EduBridge:
- Industry experts-led learning
- Interactive learning with periodic home assignments
- Online evaluation at regular intervals of training and projects to acquire knowledge of the application of Accounting Concepts
- Modules that help develop a firm accounting base and analytical thinking.
8. APG learning:
APG learning offers some of the most successful professional programs in technology, finance, business, and lifestyle. They have alumni of over one lakh students worldwide. Today they offer online learning programs to expand their reach and deliver their courses to more audiences. The following are the course details for their accounting and taxation course that combine practical experiences with academic knowledge:
- Course Name: Certificate Course in Business Accounting and Taxation
- Duration: 3 Months
- Fee: ₹ 35,000/-
- Industrial Accounting
- Direct Taxation
- Goods and service tax GST
- Payroll and its components
- Excel and MIS
- Business Computer Application
Through the course program, students get practical exposure to taxation and accounting. They will be updated with current knowledge of tax collection and be job-ready as they complete the course. They can also become more confident and competent in their current jobs.
9. Indira College of Commerce and Science:
Indira College of Commerce and Science offers Bachelor’s Program in Commerce, Business Administration, Computer Application and Computer Science, and Masters in Computer Science and Commerce. The following are the course details of one of the best taxation and accounting courses by ICCS:
- Course Name: Post Graduate Diploma in Taxation
- Duration: 1 Year
- Fee: Not available
- General Business Concepts
- Income Tax Law and Practice
- Central Excise Tax
- Indian Custom Tax
- Central Sales Tax
- Tax Administration
- Practical Training Report
- Comprehensive Viva-Voce
10. Henry Harvin:
Henry Harvin is an international edtech company with a learning community spreading over ninety-seven countries. Their business verticals are Skill Development Programs, Public Programs, Corporate Programs, College Programs, Consulting Services, Assessments, and Books. Presently, they have over two hundred programs in reskilling and upskilling. The following are the course details of the accounting and taxation certificate course by Henry Harvin:
- Course Name: Certified Business Accounting and Taxation Course
- Duration: 172 Hours
- Fee: ₹ 34500/-
- GST Practitioner Course
- Income Tax Course
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Advanced Tally ERP 9
- Advanced Excel
- HR Payroll Management
- Soft Skills Development
- Resume Writing
Key Features of the Certified Business Accounting and Taxation Course:
- Live Online Interactive Sessions
- Learning through projects in GST, HR Payroll, Advanced Excel, and more
- Internship opportunities to acquire practical knowledge
- Course completion certificate
- Complete Placement Support for one year after successful completion of the course
- Access to e-learning with several tools and techniques, video content, assessments, etc
- Regular Bootcamps for one year
- Free Access to competitions and #AskHenry Hackathons
- One year gold Membership at Henry Harvin Accounts Academy
This certification program in taxation and accounting by Henry Harvin helps you learn the fundamentals of these subjects. The course teaches you the concepts of GST and indirect taxation. It also helps develop an awareness of TCS and TDS. Throughout the program, you receive guidance from expert trainers who are professionals with a wealth of skills and knowledge. The course program helps you acquire knowledge of business income and income tax.
Students have facilities for quick doubt clarifications after each session. The program helps you understand the idea of Litigation Management, and entrepreneurs benefit from it by learning to develop financial strategies for their business. To conclude, the accounting and taxation certificate course by Henry Harvin is one of the best taxation and accounting courses that teaches the application of accounting and taxation skills in the real world.
Which course is best for Tax?
Candidates who wish to attend a course in Tax must accomplish the eligibility criteria according to the program they plan to join. You can find Taxation courses at certification, Under Graduate, Post Graduate, and Diploma Levels. Some of the best taxation courses are:
- Master BAT Course by IIM Skills
- Certified GST Professional by National Institute of Financial Market
- Post Graduate Diploma in Taxation by Indira College of Commerce and Science etc.
Is being a tax consultant a promising career?
Taxation is an admirable job for the intellectually disposed person. The job demands you to be scrupulous, and have excellent language, communication, and mathematical skills. Though most people assume that tax consultant jobs are maths-based jobs, for real much of the work is law-based. Therefore, tax consultation is a great career choice for anyone interested in maths and law.
Is it hard to become a tax preparer?
It is not hard to be a tax preparer if you like the subject. As a tax consultant, you need to have an eye for detail and a disposition to work hard. Additionally, you have to get a firm foundation in taxation aspects during the early periods of your course program.
Today income taxes becomes an inevitable aspect of a person’s life as soon as a person starts earning a taxable income. In this scenario, you must have a basic knowledge of how and when you are taxed.
The taxation and accounting courses we discussed give you comprehensive knowledge of taxation and accounting and are all reasonably priced for the scope of knowledge they impart. Choose wisely according to your needs. Also, let us know your other concerns regarding tax courses through your comments. Happy learning.