Top 5 Investment Banking Courses In Chennai With Live Classes
Investment Banking has emerged as a future in the business scenario. Its steady CAGR of 10.4% and global net worth of USD 166.62 is proof enough. An Investment Banking job deals with finance and accounting, in a high paced, highly paid, and challenging field. So if finance and accounting are your favorite subjects, and you like crunching numbers, a high voltage work environment, and an office constantly buzzing with activity, Investment Banking is for you!! Through this article, we are going to introduce you to the financial landscape of Chennai and the Top Investment Banking Courses in Chennai.
Introduction to Investment Banking
Investment Banking is a branch of finance that deals with raising capital and providing financial consultancy services for corporations, government agencies, and high net worth individuals. The Investment Bank is an intermediary between the clients, lenders, and the public. Investment Bankers are the representatives of the Investment Banks, who with their financial expertise, analytical skills, and excellent communication skills, help in performing the following tasks:
Investment Bankers assist in raising capital directly from the public for the company in the form of Initial Public Offerings (IPOs). They plan the structure of the stock or bonds.
Mergers & Acquisition –
M&A is the heart of Investment Banking processes. Investment Bankers assist from scratch in the process of mergers, acquisitions, consolidations, and leveraged buyouts. They assess the financial feasibility of the deal, negotiate terms and conditions to ensure maximum benefit to their client, market research on the financial reputation of the company to be merged, assess all financial documentation, prepare the deal contracts, and assist the client through the process for a smooth transition.
Trading and Sales-
High Networth Individuals and new start-ups, SMEs take the assistance of Investment Bankers in dealing in equity, derivatives, commodities, etc of high net worth. The Investment Banker conducts due diligence on the profitability of the portfolio and advises the clients accordingly.
Research is another important task of the Investment Banker. Before starting any IPO or any negotiation, extensive research is conducted by the Investment Bankers to check the profitability, viability, and financial reputation in the market and forecasting on the basis of various tools.
- Financial Modeling vs Investment Banking
- Guide To Investment Banking
- Financial Services vs Investment Banking
- Investment Banking Business Models
- Career Opportunities In Investment Banking
- Investment Banking Industry
Career Profile for Investment Bankers
In this section, we will list down the job profiles in Investment Banking starting from the entry level and the growth path one can expect in this role. The job profiles are as follows:
Investment Banking Analyst-
This is an entry-level job for all graduates and undergraduates. The responsibility of an analyst is to do research analysis for the client, keep track of the buyers and sellers, administrative, and valuation services, prepare marketing documents and presentations, and keep track of the requests from the clients.
Investment Banking Associate-
The preference for this role is mostly for postgraduates, but an analyst over a period of time may get promoted to this role. The job responsibilities of the associate are similar to an analyst, except that they act as the liaison between the senior bankers and the analysts. In some cases, they get to interact directly with the clients also.
In the role of a VP an investment banker has to shoulder the responsibilities of maintaining relationships with potential clients while working on deals and negotiations with them. They have more client interaction and have to indulge in understanding the client’s needs and accordingly prepare presentations and deals in their favor.
In some companies, they are also known as Senior Vice Presidents, Executive Directors, and Principle too. In this role, the interaction is more with high-net-worth clients and project management.
In this position the dealing is not only with high net worth individuals but companies and the top brass of the companies. They have to develop and maintain client relationships .
The Finance and Banking Scenario of Chennai
Chennai in the South Indian part of India, is a metro grade A city. Its economic value is worth USD 200 billion. It has 1274 banks in the entire Chennai District. There are 385 financial companies in Chennai as per Glassdoor.com. There are 189 investment banking institutions in Chennai. A few of the top Investment Banking Firms globally with their branches in Chennai are as follows:
- Franklin Templeton
- Anand Rathi
- HDFC Securities
- BNY Mellon
- Goldman Sachs
- BNP Paribas
- Yes Bank
- JP Morgan
These are just a few names of the top investment banking firms in Chennai and are listed as an example of the robust Investment Banking scenario of Chennai.
Top Investment Banking Courses in Chennai
A career in Investment Banking is lucrative and ever-changing and one has to constantly keep learning new things to keep abreast with all the new technologies and regulations. To kickstart your career here are a few Top Investment Banking Courses in Chennai for you to consider:
1. IIM SKILLS
IIM SKILLS laid its foundation in 2015 and is fast gaining a reputation as a pioneer in offering Top Investment Banking Courses in Chennai. It is a pioneer in online edutech education in India. The institution has trained more than 35k students globally. There have been more than 9500 successfully trained batches to date. The institution conducts the following course :
Certified Investment Banking Master Course:
- Duration : 3 months
- Mode: Online
- Fees: Rs. 39900
- MS PowerPoint
- MS Excel
- Fundamentals of Financial System and Market
- Derivatives Market
- Technicals of Investment Banking
- Different Marketing Collaterals
- Technicals of Financial Modeling
- Business Valuation
- The course teaches the basic functions, formulas, and conditional formatting in MS Excel.
- An in-depth study of the financial market instruments like stocks, bonds, forex, and the trading market is done during the course to ensure students have a clear understanding of the financial market.
- The Investment Banking Certificate which IIM Skills awards the students is recognized by the Government of India.
- During the entire course, many assignments are given to the students to get a better understanding of the topics being taught. In addition, more than 5 live case studies are given to the students along with Capstone projects.
- The students have an opportunity to join a 1 month internship with the institution to get trained in the roles and responsibilities of an Investment Banker, thus, making them easier for them to step into an actual job with ease.
- The institute assists the students in resume building, and interview preparation and helps in placement.
Contact Details: The institute can be contacted through the following modes:
- Address: H B Twin Tower, 8th Floor, Max Hospital Building, Pitam Pura, Delhi
- Telephone No.: +91 9580740740
- Email Id: [email protected]
- Website: www.iimskills.com
- Financial Modeling Course
- Digital Marketing Course
- SEO Course
- Technical Writing Course
- GST Course
- Content Writing Course
- Business Accounting And Taxation Course
- CAT Coaching
- Investment Banking Course
- Data Analytics Course
2. Imarticus Learning
Imaticus Learning was founded in 2012 and fast gained a reputation as imparting the Top Investment Banking Courses in Chennai and now it is valued at 1000cr edutech learning institute. It was founded in 2012 and since then it has spread its branches not only in India but globally. It has successfully trained more than 10 lac students. It is in partnership with more than 500 companies. It was awarded ET Best Education Brands in 2022 and Indian Education Award in 2022 and many more. The Investment Banking course which is listed in the Top Investment Banking Courses in Chennai includes the following:
- Duration : 3 months
- Mode: Online and classroom style, 2 months for weekday and 3 months for weekend batches
- Fees: Rs. 1,40,000
Modules Covered: The following modules are covered
- Introduction to Financial Systems
- Financial Markets
- Cash Equities and Fixed Income
- Foreign Exchange and Money Markets
- Derivative Markets
- Trade Life Cycle
- Reference Data Management
- Corporate Actions
- Asset Management
- Stocke, Borrowing & Lending
- Collateral Management
- Risk Management and Regulatory Environment
- Anti Money Laundering and KYC
Course Features: The following features are offered to the students which give this course more weightage than the other courses in Chennai :
- On course completion, the certificate that students receive is recognized and awarded in collaboration with the National Skill Development Corporation and Skill India.
- The course is accredited by CISI.
- The curriculum is aligned with the changes that happen in the industry, thus, ensuring that students are not taught in any archaic manner.
- The institution puts in efforts to build the soft skills of the students as this is a major criterion when the students start searching for new employment
- The institute maintains an alumni association, enabling the students to connect with other industry experts and old students.
- The institute assists in building up a resume, and portfolios of the students and also helps in job placements. They have successfully placed more than 56k students and have tied up with companies like SBI, RBS, ICICI Bank, and JP Morgan to name a few.
Contact Information: The company can be contacted using the following modes:
- Address: East-West Centre, 2nd Floor, Nelson Manickam Road, Chennai
- Telephone No: +91 9953741030
- Investment Banker Skills And Responsibilities
- Investment Bankers Work From Home
- Investment Banking Business
- Investment Banking Courses With Placement
- Investment Banking Institutes
3. IMS Proschool
IMS Proschool started in 1977 and has been imparting training courses in various areas. It has over 15 physical branches across India and has to date trained more than 50k students under the tutelage of more than 100 expert trainers. It was awarded as the most trusted brand by a survey done by AC Nielsen and Brand Equity. The fact that it is an approved training partner of NSEDC and ranked no. 4 in 2018 on the list of Best Data Science Training Institutes, features its Investment Banking course as one of the Top Investment Banking Courses in Chennai. The following modules are covered in this area:
Certificate in Investment Banking
- Course Duration: 6 months
- Mode: Online
- Course Fees: Rs.70000
Course Module: The following modules are covered under this certification course:
- Problem-Solving in Excel
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Corporate Finance
- Project Finance
- Equity Modeling
- Investment Banking Operations
- Risk Management
Course Features: The reasons why this course is ranked among the Top Investment Banking Courses in Chennai are as follows:
- The certification post completion of the course is approved by National Skills Development Corporation and IMS. There is an additional certificate from the National Institute of Securities Market that is awarded to the students. These certificates help in getting good job placements.
- Since the trainers for the course have more than 30 years of experience, the training method adopted is more case study based which exposes the students to practical situations in the workplace.
- The institution has a partnership with many companies and has had successful placements of students in Tech Mahindra, Motilal Oswal, Accenture, Deutsche Bank, Citi, Crisil, and many more.
- The students are taught to build a financial model from scratch, which is very important and most required while looking for placements and also on the job.
- There are options for students to enroll further in either PG in Investment Banking or a Certification Course in Chartered Financial Associate.
Contact Details: The institute can be contacted through the following mode :
- Address: 18/2. First Floor, Balaiah Avenue, Mylapore, Chennai
- Telephone No.: +91 9600137479
- Financial Modeling Courses in Delhi
- Financial Modeling Courses in Mumbai
- Financial Modeling Courses in Hyderabad
- 3 Statement Financial Model
- Types Of Financial Advisors
- Financial Consultancy Firms in India
- Investment Banker Profile
- Transaction Advisory Services
- Who is A Financial Advisor
- Investment Banker Profile
- Investment Advisory Services
4. Data Trained Academy
Data Trained Academy was started in 2012 by a group of banking and financial stalwarts who have been in the industry for over ten years. It is counted amongst the best edu-tech online company that has trained over 1.5lac students to date. Hailing from the same industry, the following course designed by them, which counts amongst the Top Investment Banking Courses in Chennai covers the following modules:
PG Programme in Investment Banking and Financial Modeling
- Course Duration: 6 months
- Course Fees: Rs.90000
- Mode of Teaching: Online
Course Module: The course covers the following topics in detail :
- Basics of Finance
- Financial Statements
- Basics of Economics
- Introduction to Investment Banking
- Financial Modeling and Valuation
- Advanced Excel
- MS PowerPoint
- Cost of Capital
- Relative Valuation
- Startup Valuation
- Merger & Acquisition with LBO
- Financial Management of Start-Ups
Course Features: This course is counted among the Top Investment Banking Courses in Chennai due to the following plus points of the course :
- The course has actual case studies through which the students get to understand, give suggestions, and develop solutions and models under guided mentorship.
- There are 4 certificates that the students get after completion of the course, namely, Course Completion from Data Trained Institute, JP Morgan Investment Banking Virtual Internship Certificate, and CitiBak APAC Investment Banking Virtual Internship Certificate.
- The institution has partnerships with more than 400 companies to aid in the placement of students.
- The trainers train the students for soft skills enhancement also which is required for not only placement but also for client interactions and communication.
5. National Stock Exchange
National Stock Exchange is the world’s largest exchange. It stepped into the field of training in the year 2016 through its venture known as NSE Academy. Without fail, the investment banking courses are listed as the Top Investment Banking Courses in Chennai. The academy offers a plethora of financial courses which are deemed as the best courses to step into the financial world. The academy offers the following course:
Financial Planning, Banking, and Investment Management
- Course Duration: 75+ hours
- Course Mode: Online
- Course Fees: Rs.69000
Course Module: The following subjects are covered in depth :
- Behavioural Finance
- Financial Markets Beginners Module
- Banking Fundamentals from SBI
- Wealth Management
- Financial Planning
- Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management
- Financial Statements
- Financial Derivatives
- Technical Analysis
- Speaking Effectively
These additional subjects are taught over 80 additional hours:
- Fixed Income
- General Insurance
- Venture Capital and Private Equity
- Economic Policy and Research
Course Features: The following features make the program one of the Top Investment Banking Courses in Chennai :
- The National Stock Exchange Academy certificate is a ticket to a good position for the students.
- Post completion of the course there are 10 additional certificates that can be shared on LinkedIn are awarded to the students.
- Soft skills training is a part of the course which is a must for students to prepare for the interview and later on also.
Investment Banking is a growing industry that has something new to learn at every step. It is a fast-paced and buzzing industry where an investment banker has to be quick thinking, a fast decision maker, and yet should be adept in interpersonal skills. Although the job of an investment banker has long hours, stressful, the remuneration and the networking that they get to make payment for all the efforts. Although an entry-level job in investment banking is easy for a graduate to get, the promotion chances are lesser as compared to candidates with specialized courses in investment banking. Thus we have put a list of the Top Investment Banking Courses in Chennai for one to pursue. All the courses are online with options for classroom training, which is a huge advantage for working professionals. All the courses impart an in-depth understanding of the term, what is investment banking, financial market instruments and to top it all soft skills training required for maintaining interpersonal communication, and confidence in facing job interviews.
We deliberately choose Top Investment Banking Courses in Chennai, considering Chennai’s robust financial market. As mentioned earlier there are more than 300 financial institutions and nearly 200 Investment Banking firms in the city. This projects a positive influence on job opportunities and growth scenarios. Thus, in conclusion, Chennai being an A-grade metro city, a candidate is sure to get positive experience as the growth graph will keep steadily rising here.
Q. What is Investment Banking and what qualifications are required to get a job in Investment Banking?
Investment Banking is a division of the financial industry in which the focus is on advisory services to clients, to assist with capital raising instruments like IPOs, stocks, Bonds, etc, Mergers and acquisitions, and debt and risk management. Investment Bankers act as liaisons between the client company and directly the public or the target company. They conduct market research, variance analysis, financial modeling, and sensitivity analysis for the proposed project on behalf of the client company, to save them money and time.
To enter the field of Investment Banking a candidate has to have a minimum graduate degree in economics, finance, banking, accounting, or equivalent. The candidate should know the financial market. A post-graduate degree or any higher certifications ensure better-starting positions, salaries, and faster chances of growth.
Q. What should be the criteria for choosing an Investment Banking Course from any institute?
The basic criterion for choosing any Investment Banking course should be the convenient mode of teaching. A working professional benefits greatly from an online course and that too either part-time or weekend batches. For students and freshers full-time online or classroom training is preferable as full-time courses have a shorter time period to finish than weekend or part-time courses. Next, is the case studies conducted, as a higher number of case studies project emphasis on practical training along with theoretical training.
Q. What are the different areas in Investment Banking and what is the growth structure in it?
An Investment Banker can be employed in the field of underwriting, mergers and acquisitions, trading and sales, and research. They can be employed directly with the banks or major investment banking firms like JP Morgan, Crisil, Accenture, Tata Capital, Goldman Sachs, etc. A graduate may join the company as an Investment Banking Analyst and then get promoted to an Investment Banking Associate, whereas a post-graduate can directly join as an Associate. The next promotion is to the position of an Investment Banking Manager, then to Vice President, and the next level is Director, from where one can get promoted to Managing Director. After this position, candidates quit for better opportunities outside of Investment Banking or get promoted to Chief Finance Officer or Chief Operations Officer. A successful Investment Banker has to be resilient and should be able to maintain a work-life balance to last longer in this field.