Top 12 GST Certification Course for CA Students in India
The practical and theoretical knowledge of the GST is one of the most sought-after qualifications for the most prominent employers in the market; thereby making the GST Course for CA students one of the most lucrative courses at present.
In recent times, the knowledge of GST has become very significant especially for professions like law and finance. There are various online GST certification courses are provided by the government and private organizations.
GST certification courses for CA students open innumerable doors for the CA professionals as there is enormous demand for CAs with substantial and up-to-date knowledge about GST.
Why GST certification course for CA students is important
Every economy in the world is based on its financial status and the backbone of any economy is its financial experts. This is where the role of the Chartered Accountant (CA) comes into the picture.
In India, Chartered Accountants are regarded as financial experts who are expected to have in-depth and technical knowledge about every aspect of finance and taxation. Before making any financial decision, the business owners will always take their opinions on each case.
Hence, in the present Scenario, knowledge of GST for CAs is of utmost importance so it is very noteworthy to get a GST certification course for CA students.
How knowledge of GST certification helps in Career development
- There has been a huge demand for chartered accountants with knowledge of GST in the employment sector. The GST Certification course for CA students will give resh CA graduates an edge over the others in terms of job opportunities.
- For once, GST has placed the freshers CAs with the experienced CAs at an equivalent level when it comes to the knowledge on GST. Every business house will hire a CA with certified knowledge of GST over the one without it.
- The implementation of GST has created gaps of knowledge in big age-old traditional business houses also, which were comfortable with pre-GST rules and regulations in business. Hence, for them hiring an expert in GST has become very necessary to bridge the gap despite of existence other CAs in the company.
- GST regime has opened many doors for the independent tax consultant CAs also. Those CAs with good and in-depth knowledge of GST is likely to attract and retain more clients.
- In the regime of GST, for every GST filling and record-keeping, following rules and regulations, assisting the clients in assessment, representation before the appellate boards, etc. shall generate various opportunities for the CAs.
- GST represents a new and fresh start without any burden of experience or knowledge, and the newcomer CAs can compete with their much senior counterparts equally when it comes to job opportunities as well outsourced work.
Since the implementation of GST in India, there have been numerous online, offline, classroom session GST Certification courses available in India provided by various organizations.
You can also check out our list of Free GST Courses Online
Download IIM SKILLS GST Course BrochureFIND WHY 20,000+ PEOPLE LOVE IIM SKILLS
Top 12 GST certification courses for CA students:
1. IIM SKILLS
IIM SKILLS is a leading ed-tech institute dedicated to enriching the lives of professionals and students by providing training in highly in-demand courses. The GST Course aims to cover all the aspects of GST including the fundamental and advanced concepts in detail.
The GST certification course is 4 weeks of immersive learning that assists to grasp all the significant parts of the GST process well.
The mentors are distinguished professionals in the finance, tax, and accounting fields. They help with tips, and strategies to help you enhance your knowledge. They also help in soft skills development that includes resume tips and interview preparation tips.
Chartered Accountants have a great understanding of the finance and taxation structure. they also have good communication skills and are great with numbers. This course will help CAs upskill themselves for a greatly satisfying career.
The GST Practitioner Master Course fee is Rs 2900 (Inclusive of GST)
Course Curriculum Includes:
- Basics Of GST
- Advantages of GST
- Reverse Charge Mechanism
- GST Composition Scheme
- Credit and Debit Notes
- Process of Return Filing Of GST
- Importance of e-way Bill
- Issue of e-way Bill
- CGST, IGST, UTGST
- GST Forms
Whether it is the industry-validated content, highly experienced faculty, lifetime access to the LMS, or consultation IIM SKILLS has you covered with all its distinctive features.
Contact 99 118 39503
2. GST Certification from ICAI (Statutory body under the Act of Parliament)
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is formed under the Chartered accountant Act 1949, for regulations of Chartered accountants in India. ICAI offers a GST certification course for CA students, which is organized by the GST & Indirect taxes committee.
The duration for the GST certification course for CA students is 10 days and the fee Rs. 14,000/-including taxes. The eligibility criteria are Members of the ICAI.
The curriculum includes:
- The provisions related to GST in Constitutions of India, important judgments related to the same and legal maxims.
- Important definitions related to goods and services, business, composite and mixed supply, etc.
- Levy of GST, IGST, CGST, composite rules, etc.
- Purpose of time of supply of goods related to GST.
- Classification under HSN and SAC covering.
- Overview on GST Compensation
- Purpose of a place of supply
- Input tax credit
- Transitional issues
- Valuation, registrations, returns, payments, penalties, offenses
- Custom duty, ethical practice.
- Overview of GST, exemption of goods and services, etc.
3.The Institute of Cost Accountants of India (Statutory body under the Act of Parliament)
The GST certification course for CA is offered by the Institute of Cost Accountants of India comprises is total of 72 hrs. The mode of teaching is online and offline. The course fees Rs.10,000/- excluding GST.
The curriculum includes:
- The history, concept, and definition of GST.
- The Input Tax credit, Refund of ITC, records, returns, etc.
- Zero-rated supplies, imports, and exports.
- TDS, TCS under GST filing
- Valuation, assessment, appeal, case studies, etc.
The eligibility criteria are CA, CS, MBA, Mcom, Lawyers, CMA members, and Industry executives, and Tax Practitioners.
Apart from providing the GST certification course for CA students and others, they provide an Advance GST certification course also especially for those who are eligible and have an interest in this field. The duration of the advance GST course is 40 hrs. and fee Rs.14,000/- + GST.
4. GST Certification course from CAclub India
Keeping given the current trends, various reputed private organizations also provide GST certification courses for CA students and CAclubindia is one of them.
Their course duration comprises of 60 hrs. of video classes with Fees Rs.6599/- from beginners to advanced level. The course conductor is CA Nirmal Jain.
The curriculum for GST certification for CA students in CAclubIndia covers primarily the following points;
- Detailed understanding of GST Provisions
- Analysis of burning issues in GST,
- Preparation and filing of GSTR-9 and GSTR-9C
- Divergent Judgements and Case studies from different Advance Ruling Authorities
CAclubIndia also provides a live GST course certified by MSME, Government of India. The duration of the course is 40 hrs. Monday to Friday 8 PM to10 PM The fees for the course Rs.9999/-
The faculty includes CA Arun Chhajar, He is the GST faculty with the Ministry of MSME, PPDC, Government of India, and SGST officer trainer for various states. On completion of the course and clearing the examination certificate from the Ministry of MSME, PPDC shall be given.
5. Vskills certification for GST
Vskills provides an online GST certification course, with the purpose to develop skills in accounting, finance, and taxation at par with the GST regime. Vskills provides a clear understanding and practical aspect of GST. The course fee Rs.3499.
The GST certification course for CA students at Vskills covers some of the following aspects:
- GST Registration and basics
- GST Administration
- GST payment
- GST accounting
- IGST, law, etc.
6. GST Certification course by Taxguru
Online GST certification course is provided by the Government of India (Ministry of MSME), Taxguru GST professionals.
The speaker for online GST certification courses for CA and others is CA Raman Singla, who has trained more than 3000 professionals and author of the book “Complete analysis on GST”. He is a well-known expert in GST at the national and a keynote speaker in seminars and workshops. The course fee is Rs. 10000/- + GST
7. GST certified course by Trailing Central
This course has been provided in learning.naukri.com by Training Central.
The course highlights and curriculum include:
- Introduction of GST
- Calculation of GST
- GST processes and returns
- Important concepts
- Case study-based approach with calculations.
8. Cleartax certification course for CA students in GST
Cleartax provides 8 hrs of In-depth e-learning GST certification course for CA students and others on new GST returns. The Cleartax course includes a “Detailed transition plan to new GST” with lectures by industry experts.
The instructors are CA Pretti Khurana with 15 + years of experience in taxation and CA Surabhi Punshi who has a stronghold in direct and indirect taxation.
9. GST certification course by India expert
GST executive course in launched by indiaexperts.com keeping in mind the current need of the market for GST experts.
The Course shall cover the following key points:
- In-depth insight of GST framework
- GST training along with excel, tally, and business accounting.
- Simulator software on GSTN
10. GST certification course by Henry Harvin
GST certification course provided by Henry Harvin focuses on 360-degree insight into various regulations of GST and course experts are from various prominent media houses such as NDTV, AajTak, etc.
The primary focus of the course is:
- Understanding of infield, practical aspect, and FAQ of GST.
- Updated knowledge of recent developments and challenges
- Practical training in GST
- Real-life case scenario presented by the industry experts etc.
- It is one of the oldest GST course providers since 2016.
- The duration of the course is 32 hours and the Fee Rs.11500/-
- GST certified course by Trailing Central
- This course has been provided in learning.naukri.com by Training Central.
- The course highlights and curriculum include:
- Introduction of GST
- Calculation of GST
- GST processes and returns
- Important concepts
- Case study-based approach with calculations.
11. GST Certification Course ISEL Global
This a comprehensive course on GST for CAs and others such as CS, Mcom., law etc. ISEL Global has introduced the Certification course on GST practitioners in association with the MSME Government of India.
The curriculum includes:
- GST basic and taxation
- GST registration
- GST invoicing
- GST returns
- Input tax credit
- GST valuation
- GST legal provisions
The primary object of this course is to provide knowledge and focus on the practical feature of GST and real-life applications. The instructor for the course is CA with membership in the Institute of chartered accountants of India and Institute of Company Secretaries in India along with a Bachelor in law.
He is also a qualified SAP-FI/CO consultant with experience in Indirect taxation, VAT, FTP, Central excise, Export/Import laws, etc. He is well acquainted with the concept of GST in India and its impacts and way forward.
The duration of the course is 3 months and the course fee is Rs.7600/-
- Here are some of the benefits that the GST practitioners’ course by ISEL Global provides:
- High-quality material with 34 hrs of e-learning
- Live online lectures on Sundays by faculty
- Training material designed to and delivered by industry experts with 25 years of experience.
- GST updates through email and many more.
12. The certificate program in GST by BSE Institute Limited
GST certification course for CA and others provided by the BSE institute aims at providing, updated, specialized knowledge about GST to its students. The course aims at providing in-depth knowledge about tax invoices, credit notes, debit notes, payment of tax refunds with an overview with GST.
It provides demo sessions for a more practical approach. The duration of the course is 4 days. Total 20 hours 10 am to 5.30 pm. Assessment and certification shall be conducted by Bombay Stock exchange institute ltd. After the session is completed.
13. ICTA Academy Online GST certification course for CA students
ICTA Academy Online GST certification course for CA students and other financial, business, and law professionals.
This course aims at enabling the learners the key areas of impact in their business, preparations of different real-life scenarios for design and application GST, and provide:
- Overall understanding of GST Law covering its implementation, compliance, and enforcement.
- Functioning of business vis a vis GST, new changes, and compliances.
- Acquiring practical knowledge.
This will also help in identifying the adverse impact and tackle the causes in the begging and be ready with the contingency measures etc.
The course plan has been stated as below:
- GST and overview
- Scope and levy of supply
- Registration, documentation, payment, and return under GST.
- Time and value of supply
- ITC under GST
- E-commerce and Job work
- Assessment and Audit Under GST
- Refunds, demands, and recovery, appeals, and revision
- Settlement commission and advance ruling
- Offense and penalties
- Transitional provisions under GST
- Overview of GST
- Nature and place of supply
- GSTN and Administration
The above-mentioned courses are 12 top courses GST certification courses of the CA students. However, one should note that apart from the one or two organizations other institutes’ eligibility criteria for certification course is very flexible.
Even though the approach for the course and experts in each institution is different yet the basic concepts and the curriculum for the course are somewhat the same as all the organizations.
The Few basic points of the GST certification course curriculum and purpose are stated as below:
What is GST?
The GST means “Goods and Service Tax”. In layman’s terms, GST is the tax that is levied on the consumers on goods as well as services purchased by them.
The Goods and Services Tax Act came into effect on 1st July 2017, Government in the year GST is an indirect tax that is paid to the Central Government for the goods and services.
There are a few basic key points in GST
- In each stage of production starting from manufacture to the final production value is added to the product.
The steps are as stated below.
- Raw materials
- Cookies (value-added)
- Packaging of Cookies
- (Value Added)
- Final Product + GST
At every stage, the value is added to the goods and finally, the total monetary value that has been added at each stage due to value addition has been borne by the final consumer.
- GST is a single tax that has been levied on the ultimate consumer and the seller passed the same to the Government.
- There are many indirect taxes in the economy such as Excise duty, VAT, Service tax, etc. and GST has been introduced to replace them.
- The basic aim of GST is to eliminate the complex and various taxes, with different headings and to bring all under the single tax like GST, eliminate double taxation, which in the turn will reduce the price of the product.
- GST is destination-based. If the seller of the product is in Karnataka and the final buyer of the product is in Kerala then the GST will be levied on the buyer in Kerala. The entire tax revenue shall go to Kerala and not to Karnataka.
The GST is of 3 types of GST in India
- CGST (Central Goods and Service Tax)
- CGST is levied by the Central Government and it will be followed by CGST Act.
- SGST (State Goods and Service Tax): This tax is collected by the State Government on Intrastate sale.
- IGST (Integrated Goods and Service Tax): In this case, the sale transaction is conducted between two states, and the tax is collected by the central government.
How the above three types of GST work
Suppose the seller in Karnataka sold his goods to the buyer in Tamil Nadu. In this case, IGST shall be levied and the amount shall be collected by the central government. The Centre will then share the collected GST with the states according to the final destination of the goods. The ratio of the distribution of GST between the Centre and State shall be 50: 50.
The pre-GST era and the cascading effect of various taxes:
- In the pre-GST era, there were various indirect taxes levied by the central government as well as state governments and tax rates are different in different states in many cases.
- Through VAT states collected tax, however, rates of VAT are different in different cities.
- Excise duty was charged by the Central government on the production/manufacture of goods and VAT was also charged by the State Government. This is called the cascading effect of taxes or tax on tax effect.
5 Advantages of GST
1. GST helped in the reduction of prices in goods:
Earlier at every stage of production tax was levied and hence the prices of the goods were higher. After the introduction of GST at each stage of production, the tax liability was passed on. The final tax was paid at once by the final customer.
In this way, double taxation on the same product was stopped, and ultimately the cost of production declines thereby reducing the price of the product.
2. GST increased the bracket for tax payment:
Earlier before GST, a small business with a turnover of over 5 lakhs was liable to pay tax (VAT)and taxation is different in different states. For service providers, the limit was 10 lakhs.
However, after the introduction of GST, the limit has increased to 20Lakhs, which in turn benefits many small traders. For the North-East states, the limit is 10 lakhs.
3. Composite Scheme:
The small business that has turnover below 1.5 cr. can avail of this scheme. For North-Eastern states, the same is 75 lakhs. Under this scheme, the taxpayers can pay the GST at a fixed rate of turnover. This scheme leads to a reduction of the tax burden on small businesses.
4. Unified filing:
One of the greatest advantages of GST is the Unified filing of taxes. Earlier under the pre-GST regime, a business owner has to file various taxes under various headings and it was a very tedious process. GST has made the whole tax filing process simple and less complicated as there is just one unified tax that needs to be filed.
5. E-commerce business:
Before the implementation of GST, there was a lot of confusion in the E-commerce sector as the VAT was different in different states and the supply of goods was not clearly defined in respect of the e-commerce sector. Under GST, the provisions were defined very clearly for e-commerce, in turn, simplified the logistics and helped to run the business smoothly.
6. Impact on the unorganized sector:
GST has brought the regulations and accountability of the unorganized sector. Even though initially there are few hiccups and an increase in the operational cost for various businesses under GST, one has to remember that to run a business effectively and smoothly in the long run, the business has to be organized and regulated.
GST in India is still at a very infant and unstable phase, over some time slowly but surely it will stabilize and streamline. During this transition period of the GST, the importance of the GST certification course for CA students is very significant.
The real backbone of any economy is considered as the financial advisors or CAs. As they are the professionals that guide every business house regarding their business development and for individuals for their wealth development.
More Courses from IIM SKILLS
Conclusion on GST Certification Course for CA students
Hence, the GST certification course for CA students has great significance in the economy. The CA students of today are the future financial consultants. Hence, if Government as well as the other educational institutions aim at providing in-depth and extensive knowledge to CA students today, they all can become prominent consultants tomorrow thereby helping the economy to grow at par with the developed countries in the world.