FMMC vs FMVA – Which Certification To Choose And Why
Finance is undoubtedly one of the trendiest topics in the professional world today. In addition to being an extremely interesting topic, finance is one of the most lucrative career avenues that can help people have massively rewarding careers. In this article, we are going to delve into FMMC vs FMVA and look at the various distinctive features of the courses and what they have to offer. In addition to being a source of exhaustive information on both programs, this exposition will help you to make an informed decision on which course is best suited to you.
But first, let’s get one pertinent question out of the way. Why should you choose to Opt For Specifically A Financial Modeling Course?
Financial modeling is the process to determine a company’s financial position by analyzing the company’s past and present data to determine the future prospects of the business. It is done on spreadsheet software like MS Excel to help collate all the relevant information that is vital to the company’s progress and to help the management make judicious decisions that are going to reap positive results in the future.
Some of the reasons why financial modeling has become one of the hot subjects to pursue and learn are as follows:
- Financial modeling helps to make wise business decisions by predicting the company’s financial future. Since it provides transparent data on the company’s operations, it helps to examine the current situation and aims at working towards creating profitable scenarios for the business.
- Financial modeling highlights strengths as well as the challenges that are plaguing the company. This enables accurate predictions and enables correct evaluation of the organization.
- With so much data available to the people managing the organization, a business can take preemptive measures to minimize risks and avert any financial crisis.
- Financial modeling is a great way to maintain and structure the huge amounts of financial data available for a business. All estimations and complex calculations can be done on the MS Excel spreadsheet to help you become more efficient in carrying out the short-term as well as long-term operations of the business.
- Financial models mitigate manual labor and help to cut down on time-consuming calculations. The time saved can then be used to strategies business activities for the future to get better results.
- Financial modeling is a great way to communicate important information to the stakeholders and top management. It gives a clear idea of the financial situation of the business. This way, an interested party can always provide their inputs for investment opportunities and the growth of the business.
Salary That You Can Expect As a Financial Modeler
We work, upskill and strive to have a rewarding professional life. A career in finance is one of the best choices you can make if you want to have a lucrative source of income. The prospect of success gets even greater with a financial modeling certification under your belt.
The average salary for financial modelers is anywhere between 7 lacs to 10 lacs. As a fresher, you will get anywhere between 3 to 5 lacs. Scaling in a career in finance is easy provided you continuously upgrade your knowledge, evolve, and understand the financial market well.
Career Prospects after Financial Modeling Course
The opportunities in a finance career are enormous. However, when you gain enhanced skill sets with financial modeling skills, your career avenues open up even more. You can start work and thrive in the following job roles:
- Investment banking as an investment banking analyst
- Equity research sector as an equity research analyst or associate
- Financial Analyst
- Tax Consultant
- Group Development Officer
- Real Estate Financial Modeler
- Debt Syndication Executive
- Credit Analyst and Research Analyst
- Portfolio Managers
- Mergers And Acquisition Experts.
FMMC vs FMVA – A Detailed Comparative Exposition
FMMC – Financial Modeling Course by IIM SKILLS
The Financial Modeling Master Course or FMMC as it is popularly known is an extensive program created by IIM SKILLS, the leading institute for professional courses and training programs. It covers all the facets of the financial modeling industry incisively and helps finance enthusiasts start or switch to a promising career in finance. It is one of the top institutes to consider for financial modeling and finance-related training programs.
In the 3 months of live rigorous training, the course will include 50 + hours of training and 20 + hours dedicated to doubt resolution sessions. A format of training that includes 100 + hours of practical assignments, this course enables you to practice financial modeling with hands-on live projects to help you become a pro at creating financial models. Moreover, you have case studies that explore different examples of financial Modelling and how it has enabled unprecedented success for businesses and professionals all over the world.
Along with the extensive practical training, the course includes 2 months of guaranteed internship and intensive training for clinching the most coveted jobs in finance through mock interview preparations and soft skills training. Keep in mind that the internship will be provided with top firms that are in collaboration with the institute. This includes investment banking firms, and financial modeling and valuation advisory firms.
Upon completion of the course, you get the industry-validated authorized financial modeling master certification from IIM SKILLS. This certificate is recognized by the MSME government of India and will open up innumerable opportunities for you to explore in the future.
One of the main features of the FMMC program is its lifetime access to the course content which includes slides, presentations, resource materials, ebooks, notes, and class recordings organized in a manner that will help you whenever you encounter a roadblock.
The user-friendly learning management system is accessible to all students free of cost and helps you to go back to the resources whenever needed. Through an experiential learning process, you work on practical assignments while delving deep into case studies and understanding the nuances that make for a successful financial modeler.
Course Fee – INR 39900 +18% GST (Includes Exam fee)
|Module 1 – Basic and Advanced Excel (8-10 hours)|
Module 2 – Accounting Concepts and Financial Statements (5-7 hours)
|Module 3 – Ratio/KPI Analysis (4-6 hours)|
Module 4 – Basics of Financial Modeling (4 hours)
|Module 5 – Different Types of Financial Models (12-15 hours)||• LBO Model|
• M&A Model
• Private Equity Return Model
• 13 Week Cash Flow Model
|Module 6 – Business Valuation (7-9 hours)||• Relative Valuation – Trading and Transaction Comps|
• DCF Valuation
• NAV Approach for Valuation
The course syllabus of IIM SKILLS explained:
- You get in-depth knowledge of the fundamental and advanced operations in Excel.
- The course enables you to read historical data, and financial statements and to create successful financial models with all the information provided to you.
- You realize how to streamline the entire process and do away with data that is not relevant. You also make future projections and create a consolidated financial model that incorporates all the key elements that make up the financials of the business.
- You identify opportunities for business ventures and become adept at credit research.
- You are able to compute complex calculations and become fluent with excel terms, and functions. You also learn planning and analysis, deriving conclusions, and offering solutions to the various challenges a company faces.
Objectives of the Financial Modeling Master Course FMMC
The following are the core objectives of the Financial Modelling Master Course FMMC at IIM SKILLS.
- IIM SKILLS is on a mission to strengthen your understanding of financial concepts and to help you become an astute financial modeler able to identify challenges, weaknesses, and risks to offer pragmatic solutions.
- You will develop your accounting skills and be confident about exploring the huge amounts of data available to you and gleaning the required information from it.
- IIM SKILLS also ensures that you nurture your analytical prowess to help you not only make a successful career in India but on a global level as well. This entails understanding the global financial market incisively and to be able to take decisions with conviction.
Detailed Course Brochure Below
Though there are no such ground rules to be eligible for the financial modeling master course at IIM SKILLS, a fundamental understanding of accounting concepts is beneficial for students. However, if you do not have any prior knowledge of finance, you can always enroll in the course and develop your skills through the program and its curriculum.
Experts from various fields looking for new challenges and wanting a switch in their careers can also register for the course and participate in this training program to become an expert and get better job opportunities.
Skills Acquired During The Duration of The course
The financial modeling master course (FMMC) at IIM SKILLS fosters analytical and critical thinking skills. You develop the habit of analyzing vast amounts of data and strengthen your problem-solving skills.
Skills acquired are as follows:
- Accounting skills
- Identifying challenges and defining high-end strategies
- Valuation skills
- Meticulous attention to every aspect of the data available to you
- Presentation skills to keep forth your perspective without ambiguity.
Who Will Benefit from The Course
The course is ideally suited to fresh graduates, chartered accountants, company secretaries, and finance professionals including investment bankers, risk managers, project managers, equity researchers, research analysts, portfolio managers, strategic decision makers, and business planners to name a few. Any finance enthusiast who wants a good grasp of the finance domain will benefit immensely from the course.
People pursuing their masters in Business administration, engineering, BTech, and commerce graduates can have a great time upskilling and adding to their skill sets to leverage the benefits of the huge opportunities awaiting you in the finance industry.
The Distinctive Features of the Financial Modeling Master Course at IIM SKILLS.
- Since the learning management system is available to you for online access anywhere you can learn, upskill and clear your doubts from all the material provided to you on the go. Whether you are vacationing in a place or are attending an event all you need is your phone and an Internet connection and you are good to go.
- The course at IIM SKILLS not only provides you with finance-related information from scratch, but it helps with flexible scheduling. You have weekday and weekend batches. Irrespective of whether you are a student, a professional, or someone occupied with other work, you can upskill through backup classes and flexible timing.
- The faculty members at IIM SKILLS are industry experts who have curated the best curriculum for you to enhance your skill sets. They are affable and supportive. Being subject matter experts, they clear your doubts with as much alacrity as possible.
- A point to note is that the learning resources, materials, notes, slides, and presentations are all carefully formulated and prepared after thorough research about the finance industry. The course is relevant and incorporates all the latest information that will benefit a student.
- After you go through the brochure and you are still indecisive, dilly-dallying on whether you want to opt for the course, you have a free demo session to walk you through the entire process of the course structure and how the institute goes about it. You can also talk to an expert at the Institute for assuaging your apprehensions before investing in the program.
The Financial Modeling Certification Process at IIM SKILLS
- The first step is to go through the course brochure and then register for the financial modeling master course (FMMC). As soon as you register for the course, you get access to the learning management system that houses all materials related to the financial modeling course curriculum.
- Upon registering, you also have to select a batch (weekend or weekday) according to your convenience.
- You have to attend at least 70% of the classes to qualify for the examination. If by any chance, you miss any class, you can always go through the recorded sessions and it will be counted as attendance.
- Once the sessions are complete, you will have to sit for an examination and qualify with a percentage of 50% or more. Your online certificate will be provided to you within 15 days of the results.
- You can also opt for the two months guaranteed internship during which you will have to work on practical projects with the partner firms. During this time, you will also gain soft skills training and build confidence in your skills through real-time projects.
- During the entire process, if you ever have any queries, you can reach out to the chief admission officer who will help to guide you through the learning pedagogy.
Other Professional Courses from IIM SKILLS
- Digital Marketing Course
- SEO Course
- Technical Writing Course
- GST Course
- Content Writing Course
- Business Accounting And Taxation Course
- CAT Coaching
- Investment Banking Course
FMVA – Financial Modeling And Valuation Analyst By CFI
The Financial Modelling and Valuation Analyst Course presented to you by the Corporate Finance Institute is a flagship course of the institution offering a comprehensive study in the domain of finance and valuation.
It is a reputed, worldwide recognized certification program that helps to build your knowledge on financial valuation, analysis, planning, presentation, budgeting, risk management, and more. For finance enthusiasts, it is a splendid course that helps to gain advanced skill sets. They provide you with all the information on the tools and applications that you require to become a top-notch financial analyst.
The FMVA program comprises 39 courses to choose from with 14 being compulsory as part of the training program to receive the certification. It comes with hands-on practical training and projects that help you to understand how financial modeling is done in the real world with real projects.
These 39 courses are spread over more than 2750 lessons and interactive exercises that come with guided simulations. With these 190 + exercises, the expert faculty members help you to get intensive learning. The courses are updated every month and subject matter experts work on the curriculum to make it as relevant as possible.
You get a blockchain certificate that is further validation of your skills.
Process of Registering For The Course
If you want to apply for the FMVA Financial Modeling Valuation Analyst Course you have to fill out of form on the CFI website with all the requisite information including your personal information and contacts.
The training program is divided into two forms
- Self-study Training Module
- Full Immersion Training Module
The self-study training module is priced at INR 41,120 approximately ($497)
The Full Immersion training module is priced at INR 70,000 ($847)
Some of the features that are exclusively available to the Full-Immersion training module include bonus materials like macabus access, pitch book access, Refinitiv workspace, premium help desk support, more case studies, cover letters, and resume review, among others.
Whichever course you choose to enroll in will help you advance in your career and transition from other career fields if that is what you desire. The course is 100% practical oriented giving you the real-world experience of working as a financial analyst. They also have a dedicated career resources section that provides immense value to students. It offers free career resources, tips, and strategies to help you stay ahead of the competition.
Now let’s look at the course curriculum in detail.
Step 1 comprises preparation courses. It is the introductory program that prepares you for the final Financial Modeling and Valuation Analyst Certification Training. You have to take the 8 optional preparation courses to brush up on your fundamentals.
The prep courses are as follows:
- Fundamentals Of Accounting
- Financial Statements
- Reading Basics Of Excel
- Corporate Finance Fundamentals
- Corporate Finance Mathematics
- Growth Drivers Analysis And Business Risks
- Fundamentals Of Capital IQ
- Macabus Fundamentals
These courses are all level 2 and comprise 1.5 hours to 3.5 hours of training for each course.
Next are the 12 core courses that will help you to bolster your knowledge in financial Modelling and valuation. It lays the foundation of your learning process.
These core courses are as follows:
- Accounting standards and principles
- Dashboards and Data Valuation
- Fundamentals of financial analysis
- Operation modeling
- DCF Valuation
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Financial planning in analysis cash flow forecast model
- Sensitivity analysis and scenario in Excel
- Comparable valuation
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- 3 statement modeling
The next step (Step 3) of the program is elective courses. Here, you choose 3 electives out of the 18 available to you to gain knowledge on more complex and advanced topics. These are specialized subjects that require more focus and a strong knowledge of the basics.
The electives are as follows:
- ESG Integration With Financial Analysis
- Power Query
- Power Pivot
- Excel VBA
- Power BI
- Advanced Excel
- Business Strategy
- Mergers and acquisition
- E-Commerce and startup financial model and valuation
- Mining financial modeling
- Amazon case study
- Regression Analysis (includes fundamentals as well as practical applications)
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- Financial studies using Power BI
- Solar Financial Modeling
The final step is the examination that requires users to have a minimum of 70-80% to earn their certification.
Once you clear the exam, you will get a blockchain certificate with a clear delineation of your new skills and credentials. They offer you a digital certificate as well as a physical certificate. If you want the physical certificate, you will have to connect with them and ask for the same.
There are no prior requirements or criteria for enrolling in the program. People from various sectors, industries, and professional backgrounds with varying levels of experience can register for the course. Since it covers all the elements from the fundamental to the advanced concepts, you get to learn from scratch. There are plenty of case studies and examples for you to get a thorough knowledge of what entails creating successful financial models.
This Financial Modelling and Valuation Analyst Program is for a duration a maximum of 6 months. But you have the provision of learning the chapters at your own pace as well.
One of the best features is that the Corporate Financial Institute provides a clear format for you to understand how many hours should be dedicated to each course for more productivity and better time management.
When you register for the course, you have access to not only the materials now but all the upgraded study notes in your e-portal.
- Business Accounting and Taxation Course in India
- Financial Modeling Courses in India
- Online Financial Modeling Courses In India
All the students registered for the Financial Modelling and valuation analyst course, FMVA, have to appear for an online assessment test. You get different segments like Excel questions, fill in blanks questions, and multiple choices. These online assessment tests require you to score 80% or more to finally get your certificate after the course is complete. However, the advantage is you can take the exam as many times as required.
Access is available anywhere and at any time of the day. The lifetime access to the course content focuses on giving you prime education whenever you need it. Moreover, the institute provides an email to reach out for any assistance. The mentors have plenty of experience in the finance sector and understand the challenges that are a part of working in the finance industry. With the Full Immersion module, you get access to premium support in the form of guidance from mentors that will invariably help you bolster your existing skills and work on your weaknesses if any.
Final thoughts on the FMMC vs FMVA Training programs
In this era of technological disruption, we have come a long way to incorporate needed changes for our professional growth and to face challenges with confidence. Financial Modeling is a branch of finance that is extremely worthwhile, the reason being, it helps businesses make vital decisions regarding their future and offers solutions to optimize their productivity and fulfill their vision.
Both the Financial Modeling Master Course (FMMC) at IIM SKILLS and the Financial Modelling and Valuation Analyst (FMVA) course at CFI strives to provide top-grade education to finance enthusiasts and professionals helping them with more career options to explore. Both the courses are heavily practical oriented ensuring that students get the premium support they deserve being part of these two eminent institutions.
Choosing which course to pursue is entirely on you because different people have different criteria for selecting a particular vocation. There are plenty of considerations when it comes to choosing a course because after all, it is an investment of your time and money.
IIM SKILLS comes with live training at an affordable price. The Financial Modelling and Valuation Analyst Self-Study bundle at CFI is reasonably priced and the full Immersion bundle fee is a tad little on the higher side. Both institutes provide a plethora of features that will help you excel in your careers.
As a candidate, you need to make a checklist of all the things that you require from a financial modeling course. Go through both the institutes’ training programs thoroughly and tick off the boxes on your checklist. It will be easier for you to decide what to do then.
- Top GST Certifications In India
- Online Business Accounting And Taxation Courses
- Business Accounting and Taxation Course in India
- Financial Modeling Courses in India
- Online Financial Modeling Courses In India
Frequently Asked Questions on FMMC vs FMVA
1. What are the Types of Financial Models?
Some of the most prominent financial models are:
- 3 statement model
- IPO Model
- Mergers And Acquisitions Model
- DCF Model
- LBO Model
- Consolidated Model
2. What should be my key consideration for choosing a financial modeling course?
The most significant consideration for the financial modeling course is the structure of the course and the amount of practical training incorporated into the curriculum. The course you register for must have hands-on practical learning. This is so significant because all of the work for financial modeling is practically oriented in the real world. Also, make sure that the basics are well covered in the curriculum to help you gain a strong foundation to ease into more complex topics.
3. What are the requisite skills to become a financial modeling expert?
Some of the most important skills to acquire for financial modeling are enumerated below:
- Extensive understanding of accounting
- Strong knowledge of basic and advanced Excel
- Ability to read financial statements accurately
- Great communication skills
- Ability to distill vast amounts of data into a consolidated structure (an excel sheet in this case) efficiently
- Critical thinking
- Crisis management
4. What are the major elements of a financial model?
The income statement, the balance sheet, and the cash flow statement are the three major elements of a financial model. All the historical data and facts can be gleaned from these statements.
5. Where is financial modeling mostly used?
Every sector today has realized the importance of having a strong financial model in place. Financial Modelling is a tool that greatly enhances the prospects of a business. Starting from real estate to mining, hospitality, and the health sector, every industry today employs this tool to make accurate predictions and estimate the cost and viability of future investments.
Concluding thoughts on FMMC vs FMVA
We hope this article helps you to get clarity on the topics covered and the scope of financial modeling worldwide. We wish you the best of luck in your efforts of upskilling and hope that you make the right choice for yourself. Comment below for queries and let us know what you think.