Top Institutes Offering Financial Modeling Courses In Nagpur
Finance is one of the essential departments of any industry or nation. If the financial system collapses, all the other sectors will collapse. Financial modeling involves the activities like recording, examining, and analyzing data. As a professional course, FMC is highly popular among finance and commerce students who wish to pursue a career in this field. Let us look at some of the most famous financial modeling courses in Nagpur.
Nagpur is considered the third-largest city in Maharashtra. The city was founded around 300 years ago by the ruler Bakht Buland Shah. The city is also famously called the ‘Tiger Capital of India’ due to the fact that it connects many of the tiger reserves in our nation to the world.
The most common language used in the city is Marathi and then Hindi. Nagpur forms the heart of Maharashtra with some of the best Marathi cuisines and cultural activities that take place here. Over the years, the city has become the educational hub for central India with some of the best institutions and schools that are found here.
One can discover institutions here providing degree courses as well as professional courses to their students. Students can find a financial modeling course in Nagpur that would be highly beneficial to them.
Meaning of Financial Modeling Course in Nagpur
A financial modeling course is a professional course that is purely job-oriented. Professional course refers to those courses which are done by students with job motivation in mind. Medicals, Engineering, Chartered Accounting, B.Ed, etc are all professional courses. Among these courses, chartered accounting is related to the field of finance.
But not everybody can be a chartered accountant due to the highly competitive exam and the rigorous course which requires extremely hard work and intelligence to be cleared. But does that mean that those doing a general degree course don’t want to get jobs? No. But the reason professional courses are desired is due to the practical experience these courses render.
The general courses only focus on classroom lectures and examination marking with no exposure to skills. A financial modeling course would expose students to those practical areas of work that a theory class can never do. The financial modeling courses in Nagpur are all those courses that are available to students who reside in and around Nagpur.
Professions You Can Enter Upon Completing Financial Modeling Courses in Nagpur
- Bank Manager
- Financial Analyst
- Book Keeper
- Transaction Analyst
- Revenue Manager
- Cost Accountant
- Tax Manager
Also Read: How to be a Professional Financial Modeler
Basic Skills Needed to do the Financial Modeling Courses in Nagpur
Skills needed to do a course are not the eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria are mentioned by institutes depending upon the course chosen by students, while skill is the personal and intrinsic qualities that need to be present in the student enrolling for a course.
– Enthusiasm: For any course that you enroll in, a certain degree of positive enthusiasm must be present among students so that they can retain what has been taught to them. The higher the enthusiasm you have in you, the better capacity would you have to understand and apply the things taught to you.
A disinterested candidate will never be able to grasp the skills and techniques taught in a professional course. The enthusiasm about the course also includes your doubts and your eagerness in getting them solved. The more interest you show in your course, the more doubts will arise from each session. If you are really enthusiastic about the course, you would seek answers to your doubts which is one of the first steps towards your success.
– Assignment Completion: The financial modeling courses in Nagpur are skill-based courses whose main aim is to make you practically competent enough to get a good job. This course hence comes with a lot of assignments that are practical-based. Most institutes offer the assignments after each session conducted by them.
You would be required to submit the assignment before the next session is conducted. These assignments should not be taken lightly because they would give you practical exposure. Through the assignments, you would understand how much of a concept you have actually understood and how much of it is still blurry. The trainers mostly evaluate your assignments and provide feedback on them. This feedback would help you to improve and excel.
– Regular Class Attendance: A financial modeling course is a short duration course that aims to provide the practical work-based skills and knowledge that you would require to exhibit at your place of work. If you are not regular in attending classes or you miss out on classes you would have the class sessions recorded in your LMS.
But what’s important is to go through those recorded videos once you are free. Irregularity in your attendance would create a gap in your knowledge base which would keep on widening more with each class missed. A student regularly attending classes would develop a holistic idea about the course and its contents.
– Technologically Well Aware: A financial modeling course is a skill-based course that uses some of the latest tools, techniques, and software to do a better job. In such situations, you need to be well-acquainted with technology. You would be required to use the tools and techniques taught to you in your daily work.
You cannot be technologically handicapped when you aspire to do a technical course and thereafter work in a professional skill-based environment. What is going on in the market, new techniques introduced in the digital work, the latest software used in the finance department, etc need to be running in your veins.
You can also read: Financial Modeling Courses in Pune
Financial Modeling Jobs In Pune
Eligibility Criteria to do Financial Modeling Courses in Nagpur
One of the most important criteria needed to do this course is that you should be from the field of commerce or finance. Most of these courses are offered to only those with a background in finance. Some institutes do allow students from other streams as well to apply for this course, it would be better if you are from the commerce stream.
Basic English knowledge is important as the courses are usually delivered in English. If you do not have any understanding of English, it will be difficult for you to comprehend the lectures delivered, complete assignments, analyze case studies and also work on the computer efficiently.
English is one of the most widely used languages in India and has been used for most official works for quite a long time. Basic computer applications are required on the part of the students. When the training is being provided to you, you would be taught about the software or the tools that you would be using.
While that training is given to you, your trainers do assume that you know the basic functions that are used in a computer. If you are someone who does not know anything about computer functions, it is highly recommended to get short training done on computer applications.
General ideas about calculations and the formulas used to arrive at any answer could be of help to those doing this course. The case studies and analysis part usually involves this. Most calculations are done on spreadsheets but with no knowledge about how to go about with calculations, this could be a difficult course for you.
You can also read: Financial Modeling Courses for Beginners
Scope of Financial Modeling Courses in Nagpur
Skills are the most valued assets in today’s society. If you are someone who has done a skill-enhancement course then your employability prospect sees a sharp rise. A financial modeling course being a skill-based course is known for the important tools and training that is provided to freshers. The course is prepared to meet the job requirements demanded of a student.
The courses are conducted in different modes so that maximum students get themselves enrolled in them. Course completion certificates are provided to all those who successfully complete the course. This certificate will be another valuable addition to your CV.
Many of the institutes also conduct tests and exams at the end of the course where students are required to give the test if they wish to get the certificate. In such cases, along with the certificate, you would get the marks that you achieved in your test. This result will prove your comprehensibility rate.
You will get used to using excel and PowerPoint on a regular basis due to the training you receive. The practicals and assignments would help you get well-acquainted with the finance system and thus make you technologically competent. The placement assistance provided by almost all the institutes is of great help to newcomers and freshers. The placement cell helps you get good jobs with good salary packages.
Also, check Financial Modeling Courses in Mumbai
Top Institutes Offering Financial Modeling Courses in Nagpur
1. IIM SKILLS
IIM SKILLS is an educational institute offering courses on an online platform. The institute was founded in 2015 with the aim to make young Indians job-ready. The faculty in charge of teaching and training students is a group of highly-knowledgeable trainers who are there to help the students solve their doubts. The timings for the classes are kept flexible to accommodate the student’s needs and feasibility. The institute is considered to be one of the best online educational platforms that provide extensive and well-structured courses to its students.
IIM SKILLS Financial Modelling Course Content & Modules:
|Module 1 – Basic and Advanced Excel (8-10 hours)|
Module 2 – Accounting Concepts and Financial Statements (5-7 hours)
|Module 3 – Ratio/KPI Analysis (4-6 hours)|
Module 4 – Basics of Financial Modeling (4 hours)
|Module 5 – Different Types of Financial Models (12-15 hours)||• LBO Model|
• M&A Model
• Private Equity Return Model
• 13 Week Cash Flow Model
|Module 6 – Business Valuation (7-9 hours)||• Relative Valuation – Trading and Transaction Comps|
• DCF Valuation
• NAV Approach for Valuation
- Course: Online Financial Modeling Course
- Course Name -Online Financial Modeling Course
- Course Duration- 3 Months + 2 Months Guaranteed Internship
- Basic and Advanced Excel
- Introduction and understanding of the Ribbon
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Regular use functions- Vlookup, Index, etc
- Rules of Conditional Formatting
- Concepts of freezing of cells, rows, and columns
- Data Validation
- Table functions
- Pivot tables, Pivot Charts, and Slicers
- Different types of charts and graphs
- Sensitivity analysis
- Delimit and Flash Fill
- Return functions
- What-If analysis
- Accounting Concepts and Financial Statements
- Key Accounting Fundamental concepts
- Comprehending the Income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow
- Concepts of keyline items
- Concept of Comprehensive Income
- Relevance of Notes
- Preparing common size financial statements
- Reading of Annual Report
- Ratio/KPI Analysis
- Types of Ratios
- Activity Ratios
- Liquidity Ratios
- Solvency Ratios
- Profitability Ratios
- DuPont formula
- Valuation Ratios
- Basic and diluted EPS
- Financial Summary
- Basics of Financial Modeling
- Structure for a financial model
- Creating Scenarios
- Building Revenue
- Preparing different schedules
- Projecting financial statements
- Error tracking skills
- Formatting tips
- Addition of cover page
- Types of Financial Models
- LBO Model
- Three-Statement Projection Model
- M&A Model
- Private Equity Return Model
- 13 Week Cash Flow Model
- Business Valuation
- Relative Valuation
- DCF Valuation
- NAV Approach
- Football field analysis
- Valuation Output
- Valuation Report
- Pre-money and Post-money valuation
Duration: 3 months
Mode: Online Mode of Education
Perks of doing this course:
- A practical approach is undertaken by the trainers while teaching this course. The students are taught how to use conceptual knowledge and use them in their regular work
- You will get the opportunity to be interviewed by top finance companies
- A huge range of topics are covered during this course
- Tools like MS Excel and PowerPoint are used to train students and thereby use these tools to complete the assignments
- The analytical and evaluative skills are enhanced in students by providing case studies and other real-life records to them for analysis
- All students will receive certificates once they attend at least 75% of the classes, and pass the examination.
- Digital Marketing Course
- SEO Course
- Technical Writing Course
- GST Course
- Content Writing Course
- Business Accounting And Taxation Course
- CAT Coaching
Contact: +919580740740, [email protected]
Know About Our Students From Across The World
2. National Institute of Financial Markets
As the name suggests, this institute has been known as one of the best institutes offering courses both classroom and online courses related to the field of finance. They offer various kinds of financial courses that deal with the financial market, stock market, equity research, taxation, GST, accounting, etc. The financial modeling course by NIFM is going to be launched soon. The details of the course have also been updated.
Course: Certificate Course in Financial Modeling
- MS Excel
- Financial Statements Ratios and Relative Valuation
- Financial Modeling and DCF Valuation
- Capital Budgeting
- Trading Comparables
- Merger Model
- Valuation of a Company going Public (IPO)
- Capital Budgeting- Project Feasibility and Decision Modeling
- DDM Modeling
- Company Profiles
- Pitch Books and Valuation Prospects- IPOs, M&A, PE
- IPO PitchBook, Project Feasibility case studies
Duration: 3 months
Mode: Online Classes
Fees: INR 5950
Perks of doing this course:
- A large number of topics like equity valuation, DCF valuation, charting techniques, etc would be taught to you in great detail
- The virtual classroom sessions will be interactive in nature, giving you scope to have interaction between the trainer and you
- You will be using excel spreadsheets along with Macros which make it even more influential
- The course would help you to visualize the company’s profits in the future and help you to represent them through graphs
- The ability to crosscheck balance sheets would be taught to you
Email: [email protected]
Some more jobs for professionals with an inclination toward finance
3. Delphi Star Training Center
It is a premium institute that offers Financial modeling courses in Nagpur. The aim of this institute is to provide innovative and effective training to those who want to enhance their skills. The Institute is based in the Middle East and provides live virtual classes to students all around the world.
Course: Financial Modeling Certificate
Duration: 4 days
Mode: Live Virtual Instructor-led Course
Fees: INR 31,648
Perks of doing this course:
- Financial Modeling concepts would be dealt with in detail- basic to intermediate to advanced
- No specific eligibility criteria
- The institute is one of the leading professional institutes in the Middle East providing quality education to students
Recommended Read: Business Accounting and Taxation Courses in Kolhapur
4. Henry Harvin
It is an online educational institute that has been considered one of the best online institutes. They are a career and competency development organization training and teaching job seekers the skill required to be the best in their fields. They have more than 200 courses that are offered to students to be upskilled.
Course: Financial Modeling Training
- MS Excel tips
- Financial statement and ratio analysis
- Corporate finance
- Financial management
- Project finance modeling
- Equity research
- Financial report writing
- Case study 1
- Case study 2
- Soft skills
- Resume writing
Duration: 40 hours of training
Mode and Fess:
– Live virtual classes: INR 29,500
– Self-paced Course: INR 26,000
Perks of doing this course:
- As students, you are trained by expert trainers
- The training is professional and work-based and each assignment is given so that you can enhance your knowledge
- Placement assistance is provided to all students
- Case studies would be given to you to have a view of the professional insight into it
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +91 9891953953
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Can I do the Financial modeling courses in Nagpur in an online mode?
Yes. Most of the institutes offering financial modeling courses are doing so in online mode. Being professional courses, most people do this course while doing a job or any other degree courses. Online being the most student-friendly mode is offered and encouraged by most educational institutions.
Q2. Is a certificate achieved by doing financial modeling courses in Nagpur valued by companies?
Yes. A professional course provides you with a certificate which gives your employer a fair idea about your skills and practical exposure. As a fresher having completed a special certificate course, you would be highly eligible for a job. The certificate would add glamour to your resume.
Q3. What are the jobs that I can do after doing financial modeling courses in Nagpur?
There are various kinds of finance-related jobs which you can do once you complete this course. You may work as an equity research analyst, finance specialist, forecaster, accountant, bookkeeper, etc. This course would provide you with an exhaustive knowledge base. Hence, based on your personal interest, you can choose the job you wish to join.
A financial modeling course will provide you with much-needed industrial knowledge. In the competitive job industry, an add-on course helps you to get a better job. I hope you like reading this article. While you do any other work, why not do a course that would do nothing but just benefit you!
Best of luck and get yourself enrolled for this course today itself.