Financial Modeling Course Eligibility | Fees | Duration
In the last couple of years, financial modeling course eligibility has increased drastically. This area is completely different from accounting and reporting. In this profession, you will be asked to examine data and create financial models or reports to forecast future market trends. In short, it is all about converting ideas into numbers. If you are interested in learning about financial modeling, then this article on the Financial modeling course Eligibility will help you with the qualifications required to proceed with this course.
What is Financial Modeling?
Financial models are an essential part of any firm’s financial toolkit. It is the process of building a company’s earnings record and writing it in a spreadsheet on software like MS Excel to analyze earnings. They are categorized into three financial statements of accounting, namely: the financial statement, the balance sheet, and the statement of cash flow.
This is also concerned with a high-demand education as companies are looking for experts with this skill set. It also includes the basics of Excel, such as Pivot tables, data filtering, and conditional formatting, which can be used to quickly develop, handle, and show personalized data from large databases. As we go along, you’ll notice that financial modeling seems more like an art than scientific knowledge.
What is the Scope of Financial Modeling in India and Abroad?
Almost every company around the globe needs a financial expert who can guide and forecast the company’s financial future. Finance students have a wide range of career options, and the industry’s size is constantly expanding. Graduates find work in companies that are in charge of maintaining financial balance across all areas.
These financial experts assist the company in analyzing the financial assets and help them find a clear picture of the investment that they must make. Financial modeling covers a wide range of decision-making scenarios, including acquisitions and mergers, financing, organizational planning, budget planning, predicting, assets, and pricing.
Informal analysis, such as evaluation, forecasts, public investments, return on that investment, and internal rate of return, expands the scope even further. Professionals perform tasks in corporate finance, wealth management, business strategy, private equity, and financial management.
It is one of the courses that is growing as businesses are becoming complicated, unknown, and hidden. Although financial modeling is one of the most basic teachings in finance, you will still learn about the below topics.
- Statement of Cash Flows
- The Balance Sheet
- Profit and Loss Statement
- Reading and Understanding Annual Reports
- The director’s point of view about the company.
- Valuation, forecast of the future cash flow of a firm.
- Cash and capital market understanding
- Financial awareness
- Excel and MS Word are recommended for report writing.
- Writing abilities
- Sector research
- Build a model from scratch
Make a fortune in finance careers with our top-rated Financial Modeling Course. Enroll yourself today!
Jobs in Financial Modeling:
Graduates can pursue a variety of careers in both the private and public sectors. It helps in making career choices for the company, both internally and externally. People working in this field do not have to work from an office their entire life. Once you get some experience with the business, you can also opt for the work from home option or become a freelancer.
- Insurance Companies
- Portfolio administration
- Financial Projects
- Credit rating agencies
- Personal equity-related study firms
- Business growth
After completing this course, students will have several job opportunities. The salary of a person depends on various factors like experience, location, educational background, the company that hired you, and job title. The pay in this field is decent. In India (as a beginner), the salary amount starts at 2.5 lac and increases as you gain experience. In the UK, it starts at £25k-£58k. In the USA, the basic salary is $90,028 per year.
Also Read: Types of Financial Models
What are the Advantages of Learning Financial Modeling?
Financial modeling is a basic skill set required by top professional investors. There are many advantages to learning this course. Some of the main reasons are as follows:
Financial modeling functions are learned in stages, beginning with a fundamental understanding of finance and making progress to an expert stage. It can assist students’ success. These abilities not only help you grow, but they also help you perform better.
These skills help you develop and work better as they are extremely valuable in today’s environment. It is a challenging skill to have when working in the financial sector. It raises the candidate’s market value, making them more valuable to other professionals and enabling professionals to stand out from the crowd.
Helps to Decide on a Funding Plan:
Taking this course can help you with future business projects. The programs help with critical decisions such as investment risks, depreciation effects, and merger and acquisition estimates. A financial model can see and understand where the cash is being utilized, where the money is borrowed from, or where the interest payment is going.
When it’s a new company, they are uncertain about their business. This is when they can get help from financial modeling to decide the amount of money that they need to have on hand to make sure that they can survive till the revenue starts to flow in.
The Right Way to Grow Your Team:
There will be a time when you will need people with sales, product, and marketing expertise to achieve your future goals. You need to decide about hiring people when you feel that you need help with your work. Don’t wait till it’s too late. You need to decide at the right time so that it can help you as well as your plans for the company that you are working for.
Be in Touch With Stakeholders:
In today’s corporate world, knowing your stakeholders is important. This involves listening to stakeholders’ opinions and beliefs as well as soliciting their comments. They will be interested in seeing your overall plan. Financial models keep everyone informed about plans and provide crucial insights to start-up advisers. They can also advise where the business is headed and when to start reaching out to their networks for new hires and feel invested in the company’s success.
The Following are a Few Examples under Financial Modeling Course Eligibility Performance:
- Getting financing (debt and/or equity)
- Purchasing (or selling) companies and/or assets
- Attempting to grow the company naturally (e.g., opening new stores)
- Funding allocation
- Determining the value of a business
- Financial report analysis/ratio evaluation
- Accountability in management
Here are the best Financial Modeling Courses in Delhi
The Ten Most Frequently Used Models under Financial Modeling Course Eligibility Are:
• Three Statement Model: The three-statement model is the simplest and most basic financial modeling design, which includes income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow, which are linked with formulas in Excel.
• Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) Model: The DCF model takes the cash flows from the three financial statements, makes the necessary modifications, and then uses Excel’s XNPV function to discount them back. They are especially used in equity investigations and other aspects of the financial markets.
• Merger Model (M & A): This is the most complex approach for calculating the merger or acquisition’s earnings per share growth. This is especially used in investment banking and/or company development.
• Initial Public Offering (IPO) Model: Investment bankers and corporate finance experts use Excel to create IPO models to value their companies before they go public. They check the value of how much investors would be willing to pay for the company. This includes an “IPO discount,” which includes an IPO discount” to make sure that the stock trades well in the secondary market.
• Leveraged Buyout (LBO) Model: A Leveraged Buyout (LBO) is one of the most complicated and difficult financial models. They are uncommon beyond private equity or investment banking.
• Sum of the Parts Model: This type of model is made up of various DCF models that have been combined.
• Consolidation Model: A single model is created by combining multiple business units.
• Budget Model: Budget models often focus on monthly or quarterly data and place a strong emphasis on the income statement.
• Forecasting Model: It is used to create a prediction that compares to the budget model.
• Option Pricing Model: Binomial tree and Black-Scholes are the two most used option pricing models. They are based on mathematical formulas which are calculated using excel.
Financial Modeling Course Eligibility:
|Degree||B.Com, BBA, M.Com, MBA, Diploma, Certificate|
|UG: 3 years|
PG: 2 years
Certificate: 2 days to 6 months
Diploma: 1 to 2 years
|UG: 10+2 |
PG: Bachelor’s degree
|Admission Process||Direct Admission or Entrance Examination|
Top Entrance Exams:
|Course Fees||Rs. 10,000 to 10 Lacs|
Also Read: Career in Financial Modeling
Financial Modeling Course Eligibility Criteria (UG & PG):
We will discuss the admission requirements for financial modeling. Financial modeling has requirements that are very comparable to many other fields. You may be accepted to some of the world’s most prestigious universities and colleges if you meet the standards. The eligibility requirements for undergraduate and graduate programs are stated below.
Financial Modeling Course Eligibility UG Courses’ Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates who want to study Financial Modelling as soon as they finish their 10+2 have several possibilities. There are several higher learning organizations from which to choose. The following are some key features of the admissions process under the Financial Modeling course eligibility.
- Students must complete their 10+2 from a certified Indian board with accounts, finance, and math as major subjects, and must have received a minimum grade of 40% on their 10+2 exam.
- Each university has its own criteria number; to get enrolled at their selected universities, candidates must achieve at least 50% on their 10+2 exams.
Financial Modeling Course Eligibility Undergraduate Entrance Exams:
- SVKM’s NMIMS (Anil Surendra Modi School of Commerce): NPAT (Net profit after tax) is administered by SVKM’s NMIMS for admission to BBA, B.Tech, B.Sc., BCom, BDes, MBA (Technology), B.A. (Hons) Liberal Arts, and other combined courses. They have facilities in Mumbai, Shirpur, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Navi Mumbai, Indore, and Dhule that accept undergraduate students based on their NPAT scores.
- BHU UET (Banaras Hindu University): An undergraduate entrance test is performed for admission to the university and its associated colleges’ for multiple undergraduate courses.
Financial Modeling Course Eligibility Post-graduate Eligibility criteria:
Individuals who want to start a career in financial modeling can apply to several colleges and universities. The following are some major factors for PG eligibility.
- Students for a PG in Financial Modelling must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized board or university.
- Students must also achieve the percentage conditions set by their university/institute, as well as pass the entrance exams (which is a must).
Financial Modeling Course Eligibility for Top Entrance Exams for Postgraduate Courses:
- CAT (The Common Admission Test): Popularly known as the CAT exam, is a common entrance exam for India’s 20 IIMs and over 1,200 educational providers. The CAT question paper includes areas such as verbal ability and reading comprehension, data interpretation and logical reasoning, and quantitative ability.
- MAT (Management Aptitude Test): The Management Aptitude Test, or MAT, is a national-level entrance exam for MBA/PGDM admissions administered by the All India Management Association (AIMA). Passing the exam allows candidates to apply across 800 business schools that accept MAT scores.
Also, check out: Financial Modeling Courses in Bangalore
Some institutes also offer financial modeling courses. This can be an online or an offline course. Some of the best institutes that offer these courses are as follows:
- IIM Skills Financial Modeling Master Course
- CFI Financial Modeling and Valuation Analyst (FMVA) certification
- The Wall Street School Financial Modelling and Valuation course
- EduPristine Financial Modeling Course
- Grant Thornton
1. IIM SKILLS
To master the skills that a finance profession demands, IIM Skills financial modeling course is a brilliant choice that one can make. They have a plethora of courses, and one of them is the financial modeling course which is counted as one of the most opted courses. In the course, you will master different financial modeling tools that are the base of models prepared for companies’ financial analysis.
IIM Skills Financial Modeling Course also provides internship opportunities that set up the foundation of their students so strong that they will be ready to work with any organization confidently. In the internship, you work on projects that are based on real circumstances.
If in case you are stuck somewhere, the trainers will guide you to solve the quest. The course is a 3-month program during which you will experience the real financial environment that will truly help you understand the process precisely.
2. CFI Financial Modeling (CFI):
CFI is a renowned provider of financial certification, training, and workforce development programs, which are available online. It is one of the world’s largest and most well-known financial training, certification, and skill development platforms, founded in 2016. It offers the leading resource for finance professionals worldwide, including productivity tools, certification, and online training in areas like financial modeling, valuation, capital markets, lending, data science, business intelligence, cryptocurrencies, and more.
- It has 29 courses that have over 1559+ lessons.
3. The Wall Street School’s Financial Modelling and Valuation Course:
The Wallstreet School (TWSS) for Investment Banking and Equity Research Training Program arose from a market requirement for job-ready, skilled individuals. Students frequently leave academia without practical skills, leaving a gap at a time when finance requires some of the world’s most brilliant minds. Their goal is to assist the delegates in filling that need.
The training programs are specifically tailored to meet these needs. Their instructors are former consultants from global corporations such as McKinsey and Goldman Sachs who bring real-world business challenges to the classroom.
- It is a six-week training program for those who want a career in finance, especially in investment banking, equity research, or corporate finance.
- They have placement assistance for all the candidates, which starts from the 5th week of the workshop.
4. EduPristine Financial Modeling Course:
EduPristine was introduced in 2008 by four industry executives from multinational corporations such as Standard Chartered, Goldman Sachs, S&P, and Accenture. In a short time, it became a premier financial training provider around the world. It has established a solid online platform and a chain of classrooms across India, catering to self-paced, online, and classroom learning modes.
- They have 14 different modules which are pre-recorded and downloadable financial modules.
- 24*7 access to online materials and also week-wise model templates.
5. Grant Thornton:
Grant Thornton’s Learning & Development Academy is a training and skill development service center in India that offers professionals and students result-oriented skills training. They believe in the benefits of a classroom setting, where students can benefit from group learning while focusing on individual issues. The instructors are seasoned professionals who share knowledge as well as industry best practices. The modes of training are classroom, online live training, and e-learning.
- 21 modules
- 40 hours of classroom sessions
- Certificate of participation
- Refreshments during sessions
Here is a guide to Project Financial Modeling
Top Employers and Job Descriptions:
Many companies in India hire individuals who have completed a financial modeling course. Financial analysts’ careers and designations are determined by their educational credentials and expertise. Some of the big firms that recruit for financial modeling and are well known in India are:
- Ernst & Young
- Morgan Stanley
- JP Morgan Chase
- IDBI Life Insurance
Q.1) Is financial modeling a sustainable career choice?
Financial modeling can help you with different career opportunities in sectors like banking, investment management, property management, financial health, mutual fund research, risk assessment, etc. Hence, it’s a good choice.
Q. 2) What kind, of course, is financial modeling? Is it a certificate course, a bachelor’s degree, or a master’s degree?
You can opt for any of these as they have the option for all three.
Q. 3) Is it possible to take the degree online?
Education has changed greatly worldwide with the rise of COVID. With the rise of e-learning, training is done remotely and on digital platforms. Hence, most colleges and institutes have an option for learning online.
This article helps you with the financial modeling course eligibility, which is important in any kind of organization that deals with finance. Financial models cannot be applied in every situation, Every different situation in finance needs a different expert. Learning this course takes a lot of time. Hence, software like a financial application is available. This frees up time to focus on a company’s strategy and next moves. So, let’s bind up the guide to financial modeling course eligibility.