Top 8 Financial Modeling Course Best Institute for Beginners
Financial modeling is a powerful tool for assessing a company’s financial performance. It entails building a mathematical model using software like excel that helps any business in its financial analysis, and thus aids in making decisions in the interest of the business. Financial sectors such as Investment Banks, Mutual Funds, and Equity research heavily rely on financial modeling. Therefore, it is not surprising that financial modeling expertise has become the sought-after skill for all finance professionals. In the article, we shall recommend and discuss the financial modeling course best institute for you, whether you are a beginner or already in the field of finance.
How to Choose the Financial Modeling Course Best Institute?
Brand Value of the Institute:
A great course from a great institute definitely adds weight to your resume. It’s a highly competitive job market and you must carefully consider the institute you are choosing since it gives an edge and adds to the brand value of you as a prospective employee.
Practical and Real-world Case Studies:
Organizations expect you to start with strong will from day one of your joining. And that’s why you must choose courses that focus on practical training/projects and real-world case studies. Additionally, it will also give you the confidence to do well in your interviews where practical knowledge is always tested.
Tailored to a Niche:
You must know and decide the financial modeling course best institute on the basis of your area of expertise or niche. Some of the courses may be more appropriate for investment bankers than for corporate finance analysts. Though there are some beginner courses that can act as a good starting point for everyone irrespective of their area of interest.
After discussing how to select a financial modeling course best institute for you, let’s dive straight into the applications of financial modeling that can help you in acquiring the concepts to be a financial modeler, whether you are a beginner or already an expert.
What Are the Applications of Financial Modeling?
Financial modeling has several applications for example in business/companies. These are discussed below:
Business Strategy: A start-up business, for instance, might use financial models to monitor its expenses, sales, and capital to determine how effectively to use what is already available and whether more is necessary. Financial models are essential for a firm at every stage, from the early stages to when it has multiplied. They cover both what has been done and what is being done, enabling us to make decisions.
From small business operations like keeping up with cash flow and manufacturing output to collaborating with another company, buying it out, or starting a project, every company makes use of financial models.
Obtaining Funding: A financial model is used to provide answers to queries such as:
Whether the firm needs more funding, whether it should choose debt or equity, the cost of getting such funding, and what level of the debt-to-equity ratio it should maintain.
The business will also require a suitable, up-to-date business plan to show to its creditors and investors. They next compare your request with your business plan to see whether your firm is suitable for investment.
Valuation of a Business: Financial models help corporations know its valuation because all essential financial computations and statements are included in the excel file. As a result, the owners, boards, shareholders, and creditors all have access to the actual value in numbers.
Helps in Making Decisions: Financial models come in very helpful when selecting whether to invest in a certain project, buy a plant or another firm, develop new strategies or alter current ones and make many other similar decisions. No business would want to lose money or have its reputation suffer. A decision that is even somewhat off-beam can be expensive. Financial modeling is also important in areas of finance including credit rating, equity research, and investment banking.
What Are Some Examples of Financial Models?
Various types of financial modeling tools are used, depending on the goal and the need for it. Financial models are divided into numerous categories to address various business issues. Some financial models are designed to quantify and forecast risk, portfolio performance, or economic trends within an industry or area, but the bulk of financial models focus on valuation.
Some financial models are designed to quantify and forecast risk, portfolio performance, or economic trends within an industry or area, but the bulk of financial models focus on valuation.
Project Finance Models: The project finance model assists in choosing the project’s capital and structure when a significant infrastructure project’s viability is being assessed. Project financing is only feasible if the project can generate enough revenue to pay for all operational and debt-service costs for the debt’s entire term.
Pricing Models: Cost-based pricing, value-based pricing, value pricing, and competition-based pricing are the four main pricing strategies that businesses use to determine the right price for their goods and services. The lower limit is determined by manufacturing costs, while the upper limit is determined by how customers see the good or service.
Integrated Financial Statement Models: It is also known as a three-way financial model.
The following three types of financial statements are incorporated into an integrated financial statement model financial modeling:
- A profit-and-loss statement, another name for an income statement
- Cash flow statement
- Balance sheet
Reporting Models: Reporting models, which include predictions and rolling projections, which are in turn influenced by assumptions and other factors, are frequently used to produce actual vs budget reports.
Recommended Read: Financial Modeling Courses for Beginners
What Are the Prerequisites or Required Skills for Pursuing Financial Modeling?
Anyone who has a degree in finance can get into financial modeling easily but that’s not the only requisite. If you think you have the following skills, you can start off as a beginner to begin your career in financial modeling. Or if you are a startup founder, these skills come in handy while learning financial modeling:
- Basic know-how of accounting
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of excel
- Understanding how to connect the three financial statements
- Knowing how to do forecasting
- A methodical approach to problem-solving or analytical skills
Apart from these main five skills, other skills like good presentation skills, keen attention to detail, and being able to condense a lot of facts into a simple format will help in learning financial modeling easily.
Top Financial Modeling Course Best Institute for the Beginners:
1. IIM Skills
Course Name: Financial Modeling Course
IIM Skills is a highly recommended place known as the financial modeling course best institute, recognized by MSME, Govt. of India.
- Two months guaranteed internship with their partner firms for investment banking, financial modeling specialist, and valuation Advisory.
- Mock interview preparation.
- 100% placement support after successful completion of the course.
- Lifetime access to all the resource material, and session recordings via LMS (learning management system)
- 100% Money-Back Guarantee after the first session if one is not satisfied.
- 10% group discount on three or more registration.
They have simplified the Financial Modeling Certification in easy-to-follow steps:
- Register for joining the course and getting access to all the pre-installed resource material.
- Select the weekday or weekend batch.
- 70% attendance is mandatory for appearing in the final certification exam. Session recordings are also available through LMS.
- Appear and pass the online certification exam.
- Two months internship with their partner firms.
- Job placement assistance is offered in the form of career guidance, job referrals, and interview prep tips.
Download Financial Modeling Course BrochureFIND WHY 20,000+ PEOPLE LOVE IIM SKILLS
Duration of the Course: Three months (Live)
Industry Clientele: IBM, Bata, Amazon, J.P.Morgan, Samsung, Barclaycard, KPMG, and many more
Other Related Course
2. Corporate Finance Institute (CFI):
Course Name: Certified Financial and Valuation Analyst (FMVA)
The financial modeling course by CFI is accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) to maintain training standards, and by the CPA Institutions in Canada, and the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) in the USA. This is the leading institute for practical training and claims to train the students as professional financial analysts.
Highlights of the Course by CFI :
- Free access to the online library of CFI for two years
- The curriculum is divided into a series of optional, required, and elective courses
- Recognized certificate
- More than 120 downloadable templates
Duration of the Course: one year (self-paced)
Level: Beginner to Intermediate
Industry clientele: Royal Bank of Scotland, ING, HSBC, CITI, J.P. Morgan, Amazon, Goldman Sachs, etc.
Recommended Read: Financial Modeling Courses in Delhi
Course Name: Business and Financial Modeling Specialization by Wharton
The course claims to help in making informed business and financial decisions. The foundational course, apt for beginners, covers everything from spreadsheet models, and modeling methods to popular applications for financial analysis, business valuation, and forecasting.
- Completion certificate from Wharton
- Create your own quantitative models
- Understand risk measurements and their management
- Flexible schedule
Duration of the Course: approximately six months (self-paced)
Level: Beginner to intermediate
Udemy has several courses on financial modeling taught by experts in the field. The good thing about Udemy courses is that they come with a 30-day money-back guarantee. It is financial modeling course best institute.
Course Name: 1: Financial Modeling and Valuation
- Become an expert in Microsoft Excel and its advanced features
- Create valuation models from the scratch
- Create models with many scenarios
- Learn proficiency in excel functions, pivot tables, and visualization
- No prior experience is required to successfully enroll and complete the course
- Lifetime access to the course materials
- Can contact the instructor for any clarification free of charge
Duration:16.5 hours (299 lectures)
Medium: online (self-paced)
2. DCF Valuation Model
- Learn to build a cash flow statement
- Be able to create a valuation model from scratch
- Know-how of how to value a company
- Course for aspiring investment bankers
Duration: 5.5 hours (89 lectures)
3. Financial Modeling for Startups and Small Businesses
- Create financial models for your business
- Predict cash needs for your startup
- Learn best practices for Financial modeling
- Learn various business models like tech and brick and mortar
- A lot of practice models and case studies
Prerequisite knowledge: excel/spreadsheet, basic algebra
Duration: 11.5 hours(92 lectures)
4. The Real Estate Pro Forma
- Learn to create dynamic real estate pro forma investment models from scratch.
- Learn important excel shortcuts to speed up your real estate financial modeling.
- Model renovation costs and timing for a property renovation.
- Create new real estate pro forma models or modify current ones to suit your demands and investment requirements.
Duration: 9 hours (108 lectures)
Level: Beginner to intermediate
5. Financial Budgeting and Forecasting in Excel Complete Course
- Build a financial model from start to end
- Best and worst-case scenario analysis creation
- Learn how to structure a financial model properly
Duration: 6.5 hours(57 lectures)
Recommended Read: Financial Modeling Courses in Hyderabad
5. Wall Street School, India
Course Name: Financial Modeling and valuations
- Instructors have worked with top investment banks
- Training is done with the help of real case studies and discussions
- Strong alumni and placement support for job
- Initially only need to pay a 40% fee and the rest after the successful placement.
Duration: 6 weeks or 2.5 months weekend
6. New York Institute of Finance
Course Name: Financial Modeling Professional Certificate
The comprehensive financial modeling course best institute is meant for finance professionals. The course starts with an advanced excel course followed by financial modeling and then valuations. The course is also suitable for one making a lateral move.
- Meant for investment banking analysts, hedge funds professionals
- Hands-on guidance from industry experts
- Focus on practical training to build real-world models
Prerequisite knowledge: Undergraduate degree, proficiency in Excel, Word processing skills
Duration: 5 days
Medium: fully online
Recommended Read: Financial Modeling Courses in Bangalore
7. University of Cape Town
Course Name: Financial Modeling and Analysis
The course curriculum has been created for junior to mid-level financial analysts and professionals. The course combines accounting, business metrics, and finance to help in business decision-making in the short and long terms.
- Practical training on financial modeling skills
- Unlimited access to a career engagement network and exclusive resources to help in driving the career ahead
- A certificate of completion from Africa’s leading university
Duration: 8 weeks (with 8-10 hours per week)
Medium: Fully online, on-demand
Recommended Read: Financial Modeling Courses in Mumbai
8. Financial Edge
Course Name: The Modeler Course
It is the financial modeling course best institute that is tailor-made for investment bankers and the institute caters to in-house training to some of the world’s top-notch investment banks.
- More than 50 practical exercises for hands-on experience in financial modeling
- Opportunity to upgrade yourself from level 1 (completion certificate) to level 2 (Skills certificate) to reach up to level 3 where you earn a micro-degree recognized on Wall Street
- Lifetime access to the resources
- 6/5 average rating
The Whole Module Comprises:
- Introduction to modeling
- Three statement modeling with iterations
- Three-statement model editing
- Building a model with a cash sweep
- Checking a model for integrity and errors
Duration: 10 hours
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Financial Modeling and its importance?
Financial modeling is the process of using numbers to describe the activities of a business in the past, present, and anticipated future. They could be used by company leaders to predict the expenses and profitability of a proposed new project. Financial analysts use financial models to explain or foresee the effects of events on a company’s stock, from internal elements like a change in business model or strategy to external factors like a change in economic policy.
2. What software skills should a financial analyst have?
Software like Excel, Hyperion, SAP, SQL, PowerPoint, and Word is used by financial analysts for building a model as well as for presentations.
3. How long does it take to learn financial modeling?
It depends a lot on where you are beginning and which course you choose. Some complete beginner financial modeling courses are of 1 to 2 years duration while advanced financial modeling course best institute provide training ranging from a few hours to some days.
4. Is financial modeling hard?
The question comes naturally to someone who is still thinking about whether to go ahead with learning financial modeling or not. Well, if you think that you have the necessary skills in you as described earlier, then combining the skills or aptitude you have and a professional financial modeling course best institute will set you right on the easy path of being a financial modeler.
5. What are the jobs that require financial modeling?
Being a highly demanded skill, a course in financial modeling can be used to acquire a lot of jobs in the finance sector such as:
- Investment banks
- Private Equity
- Financial Analysts and analysis
- Venture capital
6. What is the salary after doing the financial modeling course?
According to the glassdoor data, the average salary for a finance modeler is ₹7,82,161 in India. Though it can vary quite a lot from investment banks to corporate depending upon your credentials, experience in the field of finance, and your skills as a finance modeler.
Financial modeling is definitely an in-demand skill and with the right strategy encompassing the financial modeling course best institute of good rapport, choosing your niche-specific course, your aptitude, and smart hard work, you can land the job in one of the highest paying sectors. Good luck!