Best Institutes for Animation Courses after 12th
TODAY’S digital world has opened up countless new career opportunities for us, Animation is one such. It provides varied career options & scopes for students to join animation courses after 12th from any stream like Science, Commerce, or Arts.
Idea of Animation
The technique of putting still images together one after another and then moving at a fast speed to give the illusion of movement is termed Animation. It is to a certain extent a new skill even though the concept existed earlier in ancient civilizations, it was in the 19th century that experimental animation truly began. Today, the industry of animation is at its peak of advancement, making up a huge profit-making enterprise.
The animation covers a vast area like films, TV, and commercial ads that gives rise to ample scope for good and skilled animators in the market. We owe our childhood to these captivating and unforgettable animated characters like Tom & Jerry, Mickey Mouse, Scooby-Doo, Poppye the sailor, Winnney the Phoo, Spiderman, Snow-white, Aladdin, ChotaBheem, Hanuman, and Bal Ganesh and the list is endless.
Opting for the right career after class 12th is a very vital decision for every student. Besides seeking advice from parents, teachers, or senior’s one must be very much aware of his/her area of interest and choose the right course accordingly. Students who are keeping updated with the latest information can eventually catch up with those numerous courses that one can take up to suit their career path with the knowledge of prospects of the course.
Here in this article, you can know more about the animation courses after 12th and the list of best institutes in India in 2021-22, eligibility, career prospects & other information. So let’s discuss animation as a career option or animation course after the 12th.
Create Content for diverse topics with The Best Content Writing Course
Firstly let us know about the name of different animation courses after 12th:
Certificate Courses In Animation
- Diploma Courses in Animation
- Degree Courses in Animation
- Post Graduation Course Animation
- Certification Course In Animation:
This is an entry-level course that offers the basics of animation which can be pursued by any person as some companies hire students who have just done a certificate course.
Names of Animation Courses After 12th
- Certificate in 2d and 3d Animation.
- Certificate in Game Design.
- Certificate in Mobile Gaming.
- Certificate Graphics and 2D Animation.
- Certificate Program in 3D Design
- Certificate in Graphic Designing and Digital Art.
- Certificate in Advanced Web Designing & Animation.
- Certificate in Visual Effects
- Certificate in Graphics and 3D Animation
- Certificate in Digital Photography
- Certificate in 3D Animation
- Certificate in 2D Animation
- Certificate in Advanced Rigging and Animation
- Certificate in Digital Art & VFX
- Certificate in Advanced Gaming
- Certificate Course in Game Development.
Duration Of All Courses: 6 Months
Learn how to run your website efficiently with The Best Digital Marketing Course
List of Top Institutes for Certification Course:
- Zakir Hussain Institute,
- Arena Animation,
- Maya Academy of Advanced Cinematic,
- International School of Design,
- Passed Class 12 in any stream, with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized board or institute.
- The age required is 16 years.
- Students with Class 10 as qualification with at least 50% marks in class 10th, from a recognized board or institute.
Admission for Animation Courses After 12th is a simple process without any tough examination. Sometimes it’s on a first come first serve basis, while some offer the program on a merit basis. Some institutes conduct a Group Discussion and Personal Interview Round for admissions as well.
- Basics of 2D and 3D Animation
- Digital Graphics and Digital Animation
- Character Animation and Body Design
- Performance Animation – Basics and Advanced
- Corel Draw
- Basic Photoshop
It must be noted that the curriculum can differ with the different institutes and duration of the course.
The students after completing this course are mostly absorbed as trainees and interns in various media houses with an approximate stipend of INR 8,000 to 12,000.
Following are the recruiting companies that hire students after completion of this course are: –
- Prana Studios
- Zee Media
- Makuta Visual Effects
- Red Chillies
- Firefly Creative Studio
- Maya Digital Studios
- DQ Entertainment
- Hindustan Times
Profile &Job Description with Average Starting Salary
- 2D and 3D Animator:
They produce images of drawings and models to enable them for usage in videos, advertisements, and games.
Starting salary: 2 LPA to 4 LPA
- Character Designer:
A character designer creates attractive, well-rounded, and significant animated characters for mobile apps, TV shows, websites, and video games.
Starting salary: 1 LPA to 3 LPA
- Background Artist:
Background artists create a well-matched background for games, videos, and websites which should integrate with the theme, color position, designs, and music following the creation.
Starting salary: 1 LPA to 4 LPA
- Layout Artist
Various parts of the design are arranged by layout artists. He/she arranges the colors, images, and other elements in user-friendly a way that the app/website/game became appealing.
Starting salary: 2.4 LPA to 3 LPA
- 2D and 3D Illustrator
Illustrators create drawings, shapes, and animations used in advertisements, books, magazines, newspapers and greeting cards, etc.
Starting salary: 1.8 LPA to 3.5 LPA
- Lighting Artist
It’s teamwork and is accountable for giving the proper lighting effects to the animations or images.
Starting salary: 1 LPA to 3 LPA
- Texturing Artist
Paint textures of characters and elements included in an animated film or drawing like giving natural look to any building included in the film, drawing wrinkles or imperfections on the character’s face, to fade or improve the colors of any scene.
Starting salary: 1.5 LPA to 3.5 LPA
Diploma Animation Courses After 12th
This course helps in developing skills in design, image manipulation, graphics designing, cinematography, photography, cartoons, 2D & 3D animation, video editing, visual effects, and game designing. It also helps to develop creativity and conceptualizing ability.
This course enhances an international career in multimedia & animation and helps to work with blue-chip animation studios & entertainment companies. Promising candidates are absorbed immediately in print media (magazines, newspapers, journals, etc), promoting and advertising agencies, TV, and the film industry.
Different Animation Courses After 12th are:
- Diploma in Web Designing and Programming
- Advanced Program in Digital Media & Design
- Diploma in VFX (Visual Effects)
- Diploma – Graphic Design
- Diploma Game Development
- Diploma 3D Animation
- Diploma in 3D Animation & VFX
- Diploma in Visual Effect &3D Animation
- Diploma in Animation and VFX
- Diploma in Animation
- Diploma in Multimedia and Animation
- Diploma In Graphic Design and Motion Graphics
- Diploma in Game Art and Design
- Diploma in Game Engineering
- Advance Diploma in Game Development
- Diploma in VFX & Cine Effects
- Diploma in Game Programming
- Diploma course in 3D Stereoscopic
- Diploma in Game Arts Professional
- Diploma in 3D Animation
List Of Institutes With Average Annual Fees And Address
Pearl Academy, Delhi INR 5,23,000
Address: Block A A-21/13 Near Shadipur Metro Station, New Delhi, Delhi 110028
Phone: 1800 103 3005
National Institute of Design, Vijaywada INR 1,85,000Address: Electronics and Communication Engineering Building, Acharya Nagarjuna University, Andhra Pradesh 522510
Phone: 0863 237 7201
Lovely Professional Institute, Jalandhar INR 99,000Address: Jalandhar – Delhi, Grand Trunk Rd, Phagwara, Punjab 144001
Phone: 0182 440 4404
IIFA Multimedia, Bangalore INR 76,7,00
Address: 223, 9th Main Rd, Mysore Bank Colony, Srinivasnagar, Banashankari, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560085
FAD International, Pune INR 30,000
Address: Creativity, The Loft, Opp Pune Golf Course, Maharashtra 411001Phone: 085519 10022
Raffles Millennium International, Bangalore INR 9,13,000
Address: HM Vibha Towers, Koramangala-560030, Karnataka, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560030
Phone: 080 4341 8888
Raffles Design International, Mumbai INR 8,92,000
Address: HM Vibha Towers,4th Floor, Next to Forum Mall, Koramangala-560030, Karnataka 560030Phone: 080 4341 8888
Eligibility for Animation Courses After 12th
Applicants should have completed 10+2 or it’s equivalent in any discipline from a reputed Board.
Admissions to Diploma in Animation and Multimedia course is given based on the performance in the entrance exam in two stages
- An entrance Test.
- Personal Interview
Name of different entrance exams for this course
- Arena Animation Academy Entrance Exam
- Mudra Institute of Communications Entrance Exam
- FX School Of Animation Entrance Exam
A year-wise course syllabus:
- Module I (Multimedia Basics)
Computer Basic & Windows
- Module II (2D Animation)
Audio Video Mixing
- Module III (3D Animation)
- 3D Modelling
- Texturing & Animation
- Rigging & Animation
- Project Work
Animation has a very promising career for Indian candidates. Animation movies and toons have tremendously added to the development of this field in India.
Studios, film production houses, as well as animation organizations, have realized that animation has tremendous potential in India. Thus, students can opt for animation courses after the 12th to build their careers.
Candidates after completing animation courses after 12th can find themselves as:
Animator: To create pictures for animating on screen. Their work is found in include films, advertisements, pop videos, PC games, etc.
Expected salary 300,000
Art Director: They work because of guidelines from marketing specialists and produce thoughts to present to the customer. They design to deliver workable publicizing efforts, like craftsmen and photographers.
Expected salary: INR 550,00
Flash Animator: To make innovative animations utilizing Adobe Flash. They utilize PC codes to make sites and illustrations, and extra programming projects to make SWF files.
Expected salary: INR 330,000
3D Animator: To highlight special effects, make digital animation, or other visual pictures prominently shown.
Expected salary: INR 320,000
Film and Video Editor: They collect verified basic material and convert it into finished items that are suitable for broadcasting. They use camera film, dialogue, sound impacts, illustrations, and special effects.
Expected salary: INR 350,000
Top Recruiting Companies
- Nextwave Multimedia Pvt. Ltd.,
- Premium Technical Services Pvt. Ltd.,
- SATVAT InfosolPvt. Ltd. Design Studio,
- Walt Disney Animation Studios,
- DreamWorks Animation,
- Studio Ghibli, etc.
- Top Job Areas
- Gaming Websites,
- Play Stations,
- Colleges & Universities,
- Multimedia Content Writings,
- Film Industry, etc.
Degree Animation Courses After 12th
Let’s now view various Bachelor’s Degree Animation Courses After 12th
- B.Sc. in Animation and Visual Graphics
- BSc. in Graphics, Animation, and Gaming
- B.Sc. in Multimedia
- B.Sc. Media Graphics and Animation Degree
- B.Sc in Animation and Film Making
- B.Sc in Animation and Gaming
- B.Sc. – Animation and Multimedia B.Sc Animation
- B.Sc. – Animation and Multimedia
- B.Sc. Game Designing & Development
- B.Sc. in Game Design B.Sc (Hons) Game Programming
- B.Sc Gaming & Mobile Application Development
- B.S.c Animation & VFX
- BA (Hons) 3D Design
- BA (Hons) Motion Graphics & Animation
- B.Des. in Visual Communication
- BFA in Digital Art and Animation
- BFA in Animation
- B.Design in Graphics
- BFA – Digital Film Making and VFX
- Degree in Visual Effects & Animation
- Bachelor in Media, Animation & Design
- BFA. – Animation and VFX
- B.Design in Multimedia
- B.Tech in Computer Science & Game Development
- B.F.A. in Game Art and Design
For degree/ graduation Animation Courses After 12th
– The candidate be 10+2 passed with50% aggregate in any stream from a well-recognized board.
Different colleges/universities conduct entrance examinations where the students have to qualify for the aptitude and reasoning test conducted by the respective college/university.
The admission is chiefly on a merit basis.
Animation Entrance Exams in India
- Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED)
- Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design (UCEED)
- Jain Entrance Test (JET)
For B.Des in Animation the entrance exams are listed below:
- NID Entrance Exam
- NIFT Entrance Exam
- Arena Animation Academy Entrance Exam
Top Animation Colleges in India
- VIT University, Location: Vellore, Established in 1984,
- National Institute of Design (NID), Location, Ahmedabad, Established1961
- Amity University, Location: Mumbai, Established in 2003,
- Frameboxx Animation and Visual Effects started in 2007
- PA Inamdar College of Visual Effects, Design and Art, Location: Pune
- IIFA Multimedia, Location: Bengaluru, Established in 1991,
- MIT Institute of Design, MIT Art, Design and Technology University, Location: Pune
- United world Institute of Design, Location: Ahmedabad, Established in 2011,
- Arena Animation, Location: Delhi, Bangalore, Noida and Mumbai, Established in 1996,
- Maya Academy of Advanced Cinematics, Location: Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur, Maharashtra, Established in 2001,
- Asian Academy of Film and Television, Location: Noida, Established in 1993,
- NSHM Knowledge Campus, Location: Kolkata
- Picasso International Animation – VFX – Gaming College, Location: Delhi, Hyderabad, Ghaziabad, Lucknow, Bangalore, Chandigarh, and Udaipur
- Industrial Design Centre, IIT Bombay, Location: Mumbai
Some of the top Recruiters in Animation
- Adobe systems Pvt. Ltd
- Amazon Global Vision.
- Google vision
- Google Inc
- Pent media graphics
- Maya entertainment
- Toonz Animation India
- UTV Toonz
- Heart Entertainment Ltd
- Nipuna services
- Reliance media works Ltd.
Job Profiles and job descriptions
Executes copywriter commands and creates ideas to present for the client or audience. Also gives designs to produce effective ad campaigns and commission specialists.
Film Video Editor
The Film/ video editor assembles finished products like dialogue, sound effects, special effects, camera footage, and graphics for broadcasting.
He/ she is responsible for creating images that appear to come to life on the screen.
Video game designer
They design characters, echelons, puzzles, art, and animation.
Comic book artist
Narrates stories through the graphic images they create by teaming up with the writers.
Intial salary per annum for:
2D / 3D Animator: Rs. 3,00,000
Background Artist :Rs. 1,50,000
Storyboard Artist: Rs.3,00,000
Character Animator: Rs. 1,50,000
Special Effect Artist: Rs. 1,50,000
This may differ from place to place and knowledge and performance of a performer.
Learn GST Course online from IIM SKILLS
Post Graduation Course in Animation
After graduation one may go for an advanced course in Animation. Let us now go through post-graduation courses in animation and multimedia courses after 12th-
- PG Diploma In Web Designing
- PG Diploma in Multimedia Technology
- MSc. in Multimedia
- PGD – Graphic Designing
- M.A. Animation and Multimedia
- M.A. – Graphic Design
- M.sc in Animation and Multimedia
- M.Sc Animation
- M.Sc. Animation and Design
- MSc. in Graphics, Animation, and Gaming
- M.Sc – Creative Design and CAD/CAM
- Ph.D. – Animation and Multimedia
- M.Sc in Animation and Game
- M.Sc in Animation and VFX
- M.Sc. in Game Technology
- Post Graduate Diploma in Game Design
- Post Graduate Diploma in Animation
- P.G Diploma in Game Art and Design
- P.G Diploma in Game Development
- M.Sc in Multimedia Technology
Duration of the courses: Two years
It is done purely in two stages:
Syllabus for PG in Animation:
- Development with Traditional & Digital Art
- Script Writing & Story Board Designing
- Advance Digital Enhancement
- Enhancement of Editing
- Practical on Digital Art
- Introduction & Advancement of Next-Gen 3D
- Introduction & Advancement of 3D Design
- Next-Gen Character Design
- Introduction of UV Layouts & Texturing
- Advance Character Setup & Animation
- Practical on Character Design/UV Layouts & Texture
- Advance Animation & VFX
- Advanced Techniques of Texturing & Lighting
- Production Techniques of Lighting
- Intro of Dynamics-I
- Art of Integration-Dynamics II
- Practical on Character Animation/Dynamics/Texturing & Lighting
- Advanced Rendering
- Introduction of Compositing
- 3D Tracking & Match Moving
- Final Project
Examination type: Semester System which includes 4 semesters.
PG Courses Eligibility
- Applicants must have a Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline or equivalent.
- Should have a minimum of 45% to 50% in graduation.
- Acquired degree from a recognized university.
- Must attain a cutoff score of the particular institute applied for.
- Government College, Rs 35,000/- average
- Private Collage Rs 2,50,000/- average
List of Top Institute for Postgraduate courses in Animation
- National Institute of Design (NID), Ahmedabad
- NIFT or National Institute of Fashion Technology
- Symbiosis Institute of Design (SID), Pune
- United world Institute of Design (UID), Gandhinagar
- Industrial Design Centre (IDC IIT BOMBAY), Mumbai
- National Institute of Design, Vijayawada
- Sacred Heart College, Ernakulam
- Yeldo Mar Baselios College, Ernakulam
- Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam
- Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phule University, Jaipur
- St. Joseph College of Communication, SJCC, Changanassery
- Wipro technologies
- Design Factory India
- Cogwheel Studios
- Fisheye, New Delhi
- SAP Labs India Pvt. Ltd
- Moonraft Innovation Labs Pvt. Ltd
- St. Joseph College of Communication
- Gaming Industry
- 3D Animation Developer
- Graphic Designer
- Web Developer
- 2D animator
- Visual Designer
- Multimedia artist
- Classical animator
- Pre-production artist
- Digital artist
- VFX artist
- AV Editor
- Event Management
- Publishing Books
- Texture Artist
- Flash Animator
- 3D Graphic Artist
- Multimedia companies
- Web designing
- Gaming Industry
- Design studios
- Animation Studios
- Television industry
- Printing and Publishing
- Training Institutions
Aspirants with immense love and flare for animation and having creativity skills regarding this can opt for animation as the correct choice for them.
This article will certainly help you acquire a wide range of ideas on different courses as well as you will get to know what will be the right Animation Courses After 12th. Animation and visual effects (VFX) will undoubtedly be rewarding career options after 12th science or 12th arts.
Thank you for this information on Best institutes for animation courses. I run a coaching institute for class 12th students . Many of them are interested in taking up animation courses after 12th. I came across this article ,it is very informative. I have also shared it with my students. It has helped many of them to decide where to go.
Glad to know that my article is helping your students. This is indeed a very interesting and creative field with a promising future.
I wish you and your students Good Luck.
A career in animation is one of the most lucrative and most sought after courses these days. With attractive salaries and the personal freedom it offers , a career in animation could be the right choice these days. According to my knowledge a single animation film requires as many as 500 animators, that reflects on the vast scope of employment opportunities available in this field. This article on the best institutes for animation courses is a time saver. I guess you have covered almost all the important ones.