ANM Course: Syllabus, Top Colleges, Fees and More!
If Mother Teresa inspires you, helping people makes you happy. A career in Nursing can be an option you can go for after the 12th. A career that lets you serve people directly enables you to be a direct helping hand for someone in need.
No medical services, Clinics, or hospitals can run without the help of nursing staff, from the rural areas to metro cities for any medical services nursing staff is the backbone of the medical industry. With the increase in demand for nurses all over the world, this course is designed to supply trained nursing staff who can assist in various medical facilities.
In the current Pandemic situation, we can easily observe the demand and role of nursing staff in hospitals; they are the backbone of medical facilities. As a nursing staff, you have the great and noble responsibilities on your shoulder to serve the needy, something you can be proud of for helping a person who is actually in great need.
So let’s understand all the aspects of the ANM course in this article that includes:-
- Objectives of Nursing
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Admission and Entrance Exams
- List of Top colleges
Acquire the knack of blog creation with the Best Content Writing Course
Objectives of Nursing-
- Taking Complete care of the patient.
- To Take Care as per Patient’s need
- Illness assessment
- Responsible for providing adequate material resources all the time
- Providing relevant health education to concerned patients and attendants.
- Ability to have managerial skills whenever required
- Maintaining privacy at all levels
- Act and behave pleasantly
Learn in-depth SEO and marketing techniques with the Best Digital Marketing Course
What is ANM?
ANM ( Auxiliary Nursing & Midwifery) is a two-year diploma course for girls in nursing after 12th (10+2)
To Qualify For ANM course, a minimum of 12th (10+2) passes are required in the stream preferably science with a minimum of 50% marks (40% for SC/ST candidates).
*However some colleges accept admission with low percentage and stream other than science also.
For Government college between INR10,000 to INR30,000 & for private college between INR40,000 to INR80,000.
ANM course scope:-
There are the great scope and various opportunities after the ANM course. The government sector has a huge demand for ANM nurses and assistants to apply their health-related policies and schemes in rural areas especially.
In the private sector also the scope of ANM is from rural areas to Metro cities, every medical clinic, hospital and Nursing homes, etc. have the requirement of trained assistant nurses.
So the chances of getting a job after pursuing the ANM course are very high and you can find a job in your preferred location.
You cannot overlook this article on 10 Best Free Online Digital Marketing Courses
ANM Roles in government and private sectors we listed some of them from both sectors below:
- child healthcare and maternal services also including family planning
- Providing counseling about health problems and method of prevention and control
- Providing vaccine and proper immunization to fight infectious disease
- Promotion of food supply and proper nutrition to children and pregnant woman in rural areas
- First aid treatment of common injuries
- Providing essential drug and services
- referral to primary health
- Maintenance of NCD registers
- Assisting in follow up, care, and referral
For the government sector, the starting salary is from INR20,000 to INR24,000 per month and it increases with time.
For the private sector starting salary is between INR 15,000 to INR 20,000 and get better with experience.
With experience, the salaries can go up to 4lakh to 7 lakh per annum
Walkthrough our article Top 11 Digital Marketing Courses in the Netherlands
ANM course Admissions and Entrance Exams:
For selection to ANM colleges, there are two ways, first on merit basis and second is an entrance exam, for admission procedure of a particular go through the website of that college. we have listed some entrance exams for admissions
- JIPMER Nursing Entrance Exam
- PGIMER Nursing
- Adesh University Nursing Admission
- AIIMS Nursing Entrance Exam
- BHU Nursing Entrance Exam
- Indian Army Nursing & GNM
- KIMS University Nursing Entrance
- NEIGRIHMS Nursing
ANM course Syllabus:-
In two year course of ANM first year generally has 800 marks and the second has 600 marks, the marking scheme may change from university to university
- Community Health Nursing
- Environmental Sanitation
- Infection and Immunization
- First Aid
- Primary Medical Care
- Communicable diseases
- Community health problem
- Child health care
- Mental Health
- Health Centre Management
Top Colleges that offer ANM Course
There are government and private colleges of ANM in almost every state. We have listed a few top colleges for ANM with course fees for you:
Glocal University (GU)
Fees:- INR 60K Annually
Eligibility:- The admission to the programs offered at Glocal University is done either based on an entrance exam or the qualifying exam. Every Year University releases its merit list for admission to various courses. For more information candidates interested in admission can visit the official website of Glocal University to apply for admission.
College of Nursing & Paramedical Science SCPM
Location:- Gonda Uttar Pradesh
Fees:- INR 60K Annually
Eligibility:- 10+2 equivalent
(MRACN )Mathrusri Ramabai Ambedkar College of Nursing
Gracious Group Of Colleges
Location:- Raipur Chattisgarh
1. Certificates of Matriculation, +1/+2 Higher Secondary or the previous examination passed.
2. 12th passed minimum with 45% for general category students and 40% for SC/ST/OBC students.
3. Certificate of character from the head of the Institution last attended.
4. Caste Certificate if students have.
5. Eight passport size photographs.
6. For G.N.M. candidates should be at least 17-18 years of age and not more than 35 years.
7. For A.N.M, 17 to 35 years is the age limit.
8. Domicile certificate.
9. You can send the application by registered post or can be deposited at college reception. Only complete applications within the due date will be accepted.
5. Noida International University
Location:- Greater Noida
Fees:- 70k Annually
Eligibility:- Candidates need to fill the application form while applying for any of the programs. The allotment of seats would depend upon entrance exam performance and GD/PI.
The university offers reservations to the candidates, For more information regarding admissions and selection, candidates can check from the official website before filling the application form of the university.
6. Karnatak Group Of Colleges
7. Pondicherry East Coast Institute of Medical Science
Eligibility:- 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board or university with subject science including physics, chemistry, biology, and English with minimum aggregate marks 50%, the percentage may vary for reserved candidates. You can go through the college’s website for more information.
8. Kongunadu College of Nursing
Eligibility: cleared 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology with 35% of mark in each subject separately including English
Medium of Instruction: English
Affiliated by: The Tamilnadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai, Tamilnadu
Age must be 17 years or above at the time of admission or before 31st December of the year of admission
9. Rama University:-
Fees:- 75000 INR (first Year)
Eligibility :- 10+2
10.Tilak Maharastra Vidyapeeth:-
Fees:– 76000 INR
Eligibility :- 10+2
ANM course Nursing Skills:-
If you or your close one would ever be hospitalized, you better know that doctors come for a round or routine checkup once or twice a day (except for surgery or other emergency issues), we depend majorly on nurses who spent most of the time with us and take care as per instructed by doctors. So a nurse must have the following skills
This is the most basic skill for being a nurse, if you love to help or serve someone with all your heart then only a patient can feel comfortable and confident around you, if you are doing this just you are getting paid patients can observe this with your behavior.
Whenever we visit a doctor, they prescribed us medicines that are written in handwriting that we can never understand but our pharmacist can understand easily, In a similar way a nurse must understand all the medical codes of conduct and act accordingly. Nurses should also be able to make their patients understand the instructions given by doctors.
Punctuality is a key skill for a nurse; medications must be given at the correct time to the patients, taking data of patient’s health from time to time as instructed by the doctors. You can’t be supposed to miss any of that any time.
Though nurses work on doctor’s instructions they are not responsible for critical decision-making related to patients, but they are expected to act as per the situation based on their previous experiences they must be able to act in various emergency and critical situations.
Many times nurses come in a situation where patients are non-cooperating, or maybe angry or abusive sometimes, even in such situations nurses must not lose their cool, they should stay calm and polite.
Observe and React:-
As a patient is generally provided and supported with different machine and apparatus such as oxygen, drip, etc. As a nurse, one must possess the quality to observe the machine’s reading and patient’s behavior as well.
Difference Between ANM course & GNM:-
Let’s start from GNM first, the full form of GNM is General Nursing and Midwifery, course duration of GNM is of three years, after completion of this course you will get a registration certificate, based on the registration you will become a registered nurse, and eligible to apply for various government and private nursing jobs. This course can be done by girls as well as boys.
The age limit for GNM is between 17 to 35 years, academic eligibility for this course is 10+2 pass with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects and minimum 40 marks are required in English subject. The minimum salary of a GNM nurse is 2,30,000 per year.
ANM is a two-year diploma for girls only; the age limit for ANM is between 17 to 35 years. In GNM the courses revolve around taking care of patients whereas the ANM syllabus is about apparatus used for treatment its operation and basic maintenance and also about taking care of the patient.
Other options for the higher level Nursing course:-
Apart from ANM and GNM which are diploma courses of nursing, you can also opt for a higher degree which is graduation in nursing, for a bachelor’s course in nursing you have to apply for a B.S.C nursing course, which is more lengthy in about 4 years and more rewarding.
For admission in BSC nursing course, 10+2 pass with science (physics, chemistry & biology) stream is required and one has to clear entrance exam, The entrance exam is different at state and university level.
Some of the main entrance exams for BSc nursing are:
3.Indian Army Nursing
5.Jamia Humdard Nursing
6.CMC Ludhiana Nursing
- For more details of entrance exams, you can refer to the sites of the above-mentioned exams.
- The course fees for BSc Nursing varies for different University, from 30,000 to 1.5 lakh per annum
- Placement and job opportunity after pursuing this course is very high with a very good salary package of around 2.5 lakh to 7lakh per annum depending upon companies and government and private sector, with experience, the salary goes up.
After BSc in nursing one can also go for MSc in nursing for higher studies, there are various fields for MSc nursing such as:-
- MSc in Medical Biochemistry and Medical Microbiology
- Renal Sciences
- MSc in Dialysis Technology
- Public Health Management Post Graduate Program
- Master of Science (MSc) Medical Sociology
- MBA in Pharmaceutical Management
- Master of Science (MSc) Nursing
- Master of Science (MSc) Neuroscience
- Master of Science (MSc) Biotechnology