A Starter Guide for SEO Use to Escalate your Business
Do you wish to have a guide to SEO use? Are you new to content creation or the digital marketing industry?
Do you own online content via a search engine? You might have dozens of websites, or you can be an SEO specialist.
Do you need an overview of the basics or advance of SEO? Or do you need to know best SEO practices? Else are you interested to know SEO use?
Then you are intended at the right place. This guide will not provide you with any secrets or magic tools. But we will provide you with the practices and steps to follow on SE.
- What is SEO & its types?
- What is a search engine & how does it work?
- Basics of Google search
- Why does SEO matter?
- How to optimize your site?
- Benefits of SEO use
- Best practices for SEO use
- Case studies for SEO use
What is SEO & its Types?
SEO is an acronym that is responsible for ranking your site on SE. SEO stands for Search engine optimization. The basics of SEO is SE (search engine). The definition of it can be as the process of making your site better for search engines.
It is learning the basics of managing your existence in SE. A little knowledge of SEO can go a way towards helping people to find your site and appearing in SERP. It is the job of a person who does this, and they are called SEO specialists.
You have to know what a search engine is and how it works to understand it. SEO mainly means optimizing your site in the search engine, so let us learn SE.
Learn the best and most advanced SEO practices from basic to pro-level with the Best Digital Marketing Course
There are Two Types of SEO:
1. On-page SEO
It is the practice for SEO use done on-site. It means optimizing your site. It can be called technical SEO. Technical SEO is something related to the actions you do to optimize your site for SEO use. Technical SEO is for SE visibility.
2. Off-page SEO
It means getting a reference from another website. It is about the things which do not occur on your website. Off-page SEO is for building repo and trust.
What is A Search Engine?
A search engine is a platform where you put your query or question to explore or accumulate information about a particular topic or stuff. There are different search engines such as Google, Bing, Yandex, Baidu, Yahoo, CC search, DuckDuckGo, Startpage, Gibiru, Onesearch, Wiki.com, and many more.
Here we will discuss by taking examples of Google because Google is the No.1 software in the world. Whenever you have something to know about, you find it on Google that is called a search.
Are you interested to learn to create SEO-friendly content for websites, emails, social media, etc? Then, learn from the expert the art of SEO content creation with the Best SEO Course.
More Professional Courses at IIM SKILLS
Where do you Write Your Question?
In the given search bar of Google, the search arena is called a keyword where you request Google to provide you information from their database. The result which comes out on different pages of Google is called SERP (search engine result page). These result pages are a series made with codes. Codes are responsible for all websites that get reflected on the Google result page.
Google is an automated search engine. You might have noticed the number of results that appear after each query on the search engine. Google uses a web crawler that is a kind of software that explores the web regularly. It is to add to its index and to get these thousand of lakhs of result pages. It crawls through different websites using programs to gather data from all the websites.
The majority of sites listed are not submitted, but they get found when it goes through crawling. Google search works in three stages – crawling, indexing, and serving search results.
- Crawling – SE searches the web with automated programs called crawlers that look for pages that are updated or that are new ones.
- Indexing – SE visits pages that it has learned to crawl, it tries to analyze each page about its content, videos, and images, then it tries to know what page is? Now, this information gets stored in SE indexes which are databases stored on computers.
- Serving Search Result – When someone searches, SE tries to get content with the highest quality. Best results have elements such as location, language, device, and queries of the user.
What are the Basics of Google Search?
Let us comprehend more about what a search engine is. Do you have a website on a web hosting platform like blogger, wire, Squarespace, or run a small business and do not have much time to give to your site, then learn the basics of managing your presence in a search engine? A little knowledge can help people find your site.
- Firstly, know how search works on Google?
- Get your site on google
- Link your site to other sites but do not violate any guidelines
- Check whether your site contains any errors. It is is to let Google understand your site
- Serve high-quality content to users
- Use Google my business tool to get your business information live
- Create easy to access & fast content for all devices
- Secure your website connection with HTTPS
- SEO professionals can help you improve your site and increase visibility
Why Does SEO Matter?
Let us comprehend it in-depth. SEO means modifying your site when these modifications get combined with other changes or optimizations. It helps search engines and presents your content.
It creates a better user experience that can increase the performance of a website in organic search results. SEO use makes your site more visible to searchers. It is a marketing tool in SE for websites. The search engine aims to provide users with the most relevant work/result. Search engines help users discover your content. The search engine will try to categorize the content through keywords on a web page.
SEO gets traffic to the site. People who surf the internet look for information they need. If your site provides that, but it does not show up when they look for it, then your site is bogus. That is why you should build a website that benefits your users and makes the user experience better.
SEO means following best practices. It helps the search engine understand your content to rank for the search queries or keywords. You can either rank your page organically or inorganically. Organic ranking occurs when you follow best practices of SEO and provide SE what it wants, and it costs nothing to appear in organic results.
Inorganic rank means advertising or paying for ads and affiliate marketing. It costs according to the clicks you get. Advertising does not affect your site’s presence in the search results. The websites get ranked on different factors. These include speeding up websites, internal links, external links, keyword density, word limit, listicle piece of content, quality of content, plagiarism.
If you run a local business, you might not need any SEO specialists, but you may do much of your work. Keep in mind that it will take time for you to see results from four months to a year from the period you begin making changes until you start to see the benefits.
How to Optimize Your Site for Search Engines?
Optimize your site for search engines:
- Use accurate titles which are descriptive for pages, put one topic per page.
- Be complete and mention everything that you wish to tell.
- Update your content for new offerings, be topical.
- Mention your site in different places.
- Keep your site updated.
- Do not put your site content on page titles in images, videos, or other formats that Google or SE does not understand easily.
Benefits of SEO Use
It has benefits such as:
- SEO offers impressive ROI(return on investment)
- Improves trust & credibility
- Increases organic discovery
- Increases high-quality website traffic
- It also provides 24×7 promotion
- SEO is key to visibility
- It is a long term marketing strategy
- It enhances PPC success
- Optimizes user experience
- It can reach your entire target audience
- It targets the marketing funnel
- It is a free marketing tool
- SEO helps PR
- SEO gets more clicks than PPC
- You can move ahead of any competition
- You do not need to pay anything
- SEO targets quality traffic
- It is an inbound marketing strategy
Best Practices for SEO Use
Let us learn how you can get your website reached to more people through SE.
- Understand the content of your site
- Align content for search
- Optimize images
- Use internal & external link
- Write a compelling title
- Write unique meta description and keep it under 100 to 150 characters
- Check page speed and optimize it
- Focus and improve UX user interface
- Include a keyword in the URL
- Publish long term content
- Target high competition and long-tail keyword
- Write in easy to understand language
- Write short para with adequate spacing
- Add subtopics to your content
- Comprehend moe on Google algorithm
- Remove everything that slows your site
- Create attractive headline
- Try to solve a particular problem
- Make your content engaging
- Add numbers to your headlines
- Use the right SEO tool
- Observe how other sites are ranking, always keep an eye on your competitors
- Research well before doing
- Structure and plan well
- Build links
- Keep improving and have patience
- Analyze ranking and traffic
- Do not over-optimize
Additional Tips And Tricks for Better SEO Use:
- Add a plugin
- Put images in the content
- Include videos mid-content
- Create backlinks
- Create a proper schedule for your website
- Know the right way to use tools and use them properly
- Take care of H1, H2, H3 & H4
- Never forget that theme and fonts does matter a lot
- Check for plagiarism
- Optimize your title and description
- Contain the keyword in starting para of your content
- Take care of every little thing
- A website ranks the way you have structured it, so structure it well
Case Studies for SEO Use
Now, let us study some cases for search engine optimization. You should know some stories and study cases for the best result before you start your work.
MX Player Boosts Organic Traffic 300x on Google
Mx player is the largest video streaming platform in India. It has a catalog of more than 200,000 hrs spread in 12 languages with 200 mm monthly users. The mission of Mx player is to create content to entertain users at any time from anywhere.
The discoverability chances for content increased by adding structured data and submitting sitemaps for videos. They read all the guidelines and adopted best practices which allowed them to rank across organic video features.
They had less visibility on the web, but soon they saw a growth of 300x in traffic and a 100% increase in video page sessions on their platform by optimizing from organic search traffic over 6(six) months. They optimized video indexing that drove exposure from the home page, video tab, and another video.
2. Large Images Improve CTR
Large images in discovery and search improve CTR & increase visits to publisher sites. Google can feature publisher images in large formats. It can create a compelling user experience and engaging content.
Web publishers who reported visibility of their content in the discover section increased clicks and traffic to their site and improved click-through rate CTR. Kirbie cravings is a food blog that shares recipes and highlights dining out experiences. Kirbie saw a 79% increase in CTR upon adding a short line of HTML helped to grow audience, page views, and readership.
3. Istoe Increased 30% CTR
Istoe is a magazine published weekly. It delivers information on the economy, sports & women’s health in world events to the Brazilian population. They adopted large image preview settings. It expanded their clicks in 6 months by 332% and CTR by 30%.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q-1 What to do if your website does not appear in the search result?
When your website does not appear on SERP, this means:
- Lack of good connection with other sites.
- You have launched a new website, and SE did not have time to crawl it yet.
- The design of your site makes it difficult to crawl the content.
- SE may have received an error while crawling your site.
- Check your policy. Your policy might have blocked SE from crawling the site.
Q.2 How to know that you need an SEO specialist?
SEO is an acronym for search engine optimizer. Deciding to hire an SEO specialist is a big decision that can improve your site and its reputation. Be sure that you check all the pros and cons. SEO agencies provide services like:
- Content development
- Keyword research
- SEO training
Q.3 Are there any differences between SEO & PPC?
PPC is known as the CPC model cost-per-click. It is an advertising model of search engines and social networking sites. PPC is pay per click where the publisher has to pay per click.
SEO is optimizing your site for a search engine, this does not cost anything, so it is organic and free. PPC content has Ad written beside it, but SEO does not have an Ad written beside it.
Q.4 How to make an SEO strategy?
To hit SEO well, you need to make a successful SEO strategy. For this:
- Follow the guidelines shared by Google and the best SEO practices.
- Increase understanding and credibility of your content.
- Always keep an eye on your competitors or other ranked websites.
- Set your KPI.
- Analyze your strategy.
- Your keywords should be long-tail.
Q.5 What is SMM & does it help in SEO?
SMM is Social Media Marketing. It means promoting content on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Telegram, Pinterest, Linkedin, and many more. This social media marketing brings likes, comments, replies, shares to your post through which you get to the target audience and advertise effectively for free.
SMM is not a part of SEO, but if you are active or already promoting on social media platforms. Your approach becomes effective and easy. Social media is vital for your marketing. The activities which you do on social media build repo, trust, and bond. You should strategize social media as it is an aspect of digital marketing.
There have been many websites on the search engine, but only the ranked one gets monetary benefits. Learn all the guidelines to become a professional or a successful SEO specialist. One needs to follow best practices or do majorly the things which a search engine prefers.
Creating unique and readable content is not sufficient, yes it is an element, but still, you are required to know how a search engine works and SEO use. What is it? Also, learn about the web. This way Search Engine Optimization will become easy for you, and you will be satisfied with the results.
can you suggest any course for SEO?
IIM SKILLS offers SEO based courses.