A Guide On How to become an SEO Writer in 2022
It has been observed that a lot of students want to become SEO writers, well here’s a guide on how to become an SEO writer in 2022
In this world of search engine optimization, content is the king. In writing a blog post, web pages, content is an important element of SEO. One rule that stands above the rest: Unique, high-quality, uncopied content is the king.
In this article, you’ll get to know what SEO is? What SEO content writing is about, why is it important? Types of SEO, Skills do SEO content writers should have? , what is SEO copywriter, why is it important?, techniques to do SEO, how to do SEO for websites step by step?
What is SEO writing:
SEO writing is a form of writing that helps websites to become more visible to major search engines. Whenever someone searches for any topic the first page appears with good content with a highly visible website.
Learn the essentials of SEO Content with The Best Content Writing Course
Here’s one very interesting video that will guide you through the basics of content writing:
Why SEO content writing is important?
To get recognized by Google, your content should be useful and valuable that targets specific keywords.
Basics Of SEO Writing
To become an SEO content writer one has to understand Search Engine Optimization. Once your client gives you the topic or keyword the following you have to do:
- Enter the keyword into the keyword tool.
- Have a look at the number of searches done for that keyword over the last month.
- Check how many competitions are there for that keyword. If you find a lot of searches with high competition, then it’s better to go with less competition keyword as openly this will help to rank for that keyword.
- Keyword tools are a big help in identifying keywords to use in the article to avoid using a single keyword too much and having the search engine penalize for keyword stuffing.
Introduction to SEO
SEO stands for search engine optimization also known as Organic search. SEO helps us to make sure that our contents are straightforward and are easy to understand and are procurable using a search engine like Google and Bing.
SEO increases the quantity and quality of a website through organic search engine results. For this, search engines will drag, scan, different websites for a better understanding. Thus making the website more visible to people who are looking for products and services via search engines. The best strategies of SEO are to gain high-quality backlinks from high-authority websites.
While writing any content for any website, the following tips can help you to keep it unique from others.
- The content should target a specific audience.
- As per search engine guidelines keyword density is adhered to.
- Make sure to have an eye-catching title, which compels the visitor’s to read and to know what all you offer through your website.
- Try to use simple language instead of complex one, and use small statements to make your content more understandable.
- Web pages should be short.
- Arrange and allocate the content on the web pages.
- Split your web page content into short paragraphs.
SEO E-BookFree E-Book To Learn SEO Best Practices
How search engines work:
The main objective of a search engine is to provide you with the relevant possible results related to the query. Search engines scan the entire online universe and index all the information so that when you enter a search query they can show it to you. Every search engine has legal methods for assembling and arranging website content and such a process is called Indexing.
Types of SEO?
There are three types of SEO:-
- On-page SEO
- Off-page SEO
- Technical SEO
earn organic traffic and enhance the website’s rankings On-page SEO re-build the web pages. On-page SEO includes optimizing Headlines, HTML tags (title, Meta, and header), and Images. They focus on optimizing the websites that are within our control.
Off-page SEO refers to actions taken to rank the website within search engine results pages (SERPs) to link or promoting your website, and effectively “vouching” for the quality of your content. They focus on increasing the authority of the domain through content creations and earning backlinks from other websites. Off-Page SEO includes building links, social media, and local SEO.
Technical SEO refers to improving the technical aspect of a website to increase the ranking of its pages in search engines. Building a website faster, simpler to crawl, and crystal clear for search engines are the pillars of technical optimization.
Learn how online marketing is implemented with the Best Online Digital Marketing Course
Check out these courses from IIM SKILLS
Techniques Of SEO:
SEO is categorized into two:-
- White Hat SEO- As a part of good design, search engines recommend White Hat SEO techniques.
- Black Hat SEO – SEO does not approve of this technique and minimizes the effect. These techniques are also known as spamdexing.
White Hat SEO
- It does not involve any scam.
- It conforms to the search engine guidelines.
- It ensures the good quality of web pages.
- It ensures the availability of useful content on the web page.
Black Hat SEO
- Switching users from a page that is built for search engines to one that is more human-friendly.
- Trying to improve the ranking that is disapproved by the Search engines and involve of fraud.
- Within a page background, color use hidden and invisible text also use micro size, font and covering them within HTML code “no frame” sections.
- Hosting multiple websites for similar content with the use of different URLs by the mirror websites.
Always stay away from the above Black Hat tactics to improve the rank of your site. Smart engines can easily identify every property mentioned above on your site.
Techniques to do SEO
There is an abundant no. of SEO techniques. And in this post, I have listed a few of them only which you can use to increase traffic to your website.
- Enhance title and description to boost your CTR (Click Through Rate).
- Increase the drifting pages with internal links.
- Require the lost, link juice “from dead pages with backlinks.
- To boost the authority of “money” pages “Middleman method” is used.
- Achieve more featured snippets.
- Update existing content.
- Check out for low-hanging content opportunities.
- Switch unlinked mentions to links.
- Plug content gaps are used to boost the traffic potential of your page.
- Get the Advantage of your competitor’s dead pages to build links.
How to become an SEO content writer
To become an SEO content writer then have a look at these tips to ensure success.
- Study more and earn a degree, as many full-time positions will ask for this. But if you are thinking to go with freelancing then the degree is not compulsory.
- Build up the portfolio with more experience as possible. Working for a freelance SEO content writer building up a portfolio is important.
Be a master in the art of research
- some clients give you a list of keywords that they want you to include in your copy, but others are not. They will leave the task of the keyword list for you. So in this case you’ll need to perform keyword research successfully.
- Always share your post on social media many SEO writing are encouraging other people to share their work on Facebook, Twitter, and other platforms which will increase the authority of your content and boost your content to rank in Google for your chosen keywords.
Skills SEO content writer should have?
Being a content writer is great mileage. You are having the flexibility to work from home for any of your favorite spots. But other than just being a great writer and depending on that position few areas of skillset are required to achieve success in this field.
So here are seven skillsets any content writer should have to shine in this area.
The landing page should contain a copy that is short and designed in a way that persuades the reader to take action. For being a valuable content writer one has to learn more styles more quickly.
Strong research skill
Good research is key for good content writing. Most importantly, it adds value to your content. So it is very necessary to find the actual information from reliable sources.
A solid understanding of SEO
A great content writer is always on the top of most of the SEO trends. They do have a grip on SEO-friendly titles and descriptions. Having great content won’t be effective if readers can’t find it interesting. So always keep up to date with Google’s latest algorithm changes.
Organize your work according to your deadlines. It’s just about keeping your writing jobs on priority. Nowadays we do have many gadgets that will help us to organize our work. Submitting your assignment /project lately will give a bad impression on your customers of your clients. Prioritize your work to be done on time.
Ability to meet deadlines
Good time management is very important and essential to determine to show your professionalism. Always remember your clients have deadlines they have to meet. So coming across with high quality of content will not only give you recognition of professionalism but also reliability.
Ability to get focused
Every writing needs focus. Although it’s a little hard to find when you have decided to do the work do it by getting rid of distracting. Always focus on one task at a time. Start with smaller projects to larger ones.
Always get in touch with your customer before doing the project because by doing that you can get an answer to your question. And more of that if you face any problem you can find the solution to it. Without exception note, this thing “ writing and communication are parallel to each other”.
Editing skills require Discipline, patience, have close attention to detail. Furthermore grammar, spelling, and punctuation, lookout for excessive points and overused words.
Staying in demand
Always be up-to-date with the latest trends, then only it will help you to stay in demand. Otherwise, your job opportunity will be limited. So to be an excellent writer, you must keep yourself updated with these. Maintain an active presence on social media platforms will help you to gain more writing jobs and contacts, and always share your content with your network as this will help you in the future. Clients are always in search to boost their reach, so sharing content will help you to earn incentives.
Deliver quality and unique content
Always write your content without any spelling mistakes and it should be grammatically correct. Make sure your articles are engaging and they should be delivered on time. So when a customer goes through your article this will help them to think of you as a great writer.
What is SEO Copywriting?
SEO copywriting is all about creating useful, valuable, and targetable content that targets specific keywords so that other people gladly promote it on the platforms. Which will help to increase the authority and relevance of the content and improve to rank it in Google for selected keywords. One of the important things in SEO copywriting is keyword research. So, to rank in google keyword research is a must before writing.
SEO copywriting has evolved into a practice of writing content that is more useful, unique. To write good content one has to write more enough, with more effort. Writing just 200-300words for a blog post in a month doesn’t make your content rank. To get rewarded by the search engine you have to write good content by putting your audience first. Always try to write in that way that the industry peers or any customer will try to read and share your article.
SEO copywriting tools
SEO tools help operators of a website in search engine optimization. The use of SEO tools can increase your website’s ranking.
- Helps to find out the competitor’s strategy.
- Can view and demonstrated data.
- Can track SEO progress.
- Can find high–converting keywords for content writing.
Here are 25 simple SEO tools to improve your marketing:-
- Google page speed Insights
- Moz local listing score
- Google analytics
- Google Search Console + Bing Webmaster Tools.
- Orifice Backlink Checker
- Morse Link Explorer
- Google Keyword Planner
- Google .com in an Incognito Window
- Google Trends
- Orifice SEO Toolbar
- SEO web page analyzer
- SERP Simulator
- Schema Creator
- Similar Web
- SERP Robot
- XML Sitemaps
- Brow SEO
- SEO Site checkup
- Yoast SEO
- Link miner
- Google Business Review Link Generator
- Robots.txt Generator
- Structured data testing tool
For building, rewriting, and promoting unique content are difficult and time-consuming. But in the end, the golden rule of SEO is that Content is the King. It is not due to the reason for a search engine, but it’s for your site visitors. So, write your content after serious thought, and maintain your title, keywords, link text, metatags up-to-date, unique, and interesting.
Hope you have now gained further knowledge about SEO Writing and how to become a great SEO Content writer.