Instagram Marketing: 15 Essential Tips In 2022
Do you want to grow your business using Instagram Marketing? Before we start with some essential tips for Instagram Marketing let me first give you some introduction about Instagram and Instagram business account because from here you need to take your first step for business marketing.
Instagram is a robust social tool with a fun element that can help you market your business to hundreds of new customers every day. There are over 1 billion Instagram users. Learning and applying Instagram marketing strategies can simply take your business to a next level.
Learn about advanced social media marketing and digital marketing with the Best Digital Marketing Course
Why Instagram is the easiest and effective way to reach new customers?
- It helps to create attractive, powerful, and professional business profiles to grow and run any business.
- You can connect with target users who can be your customer every day on Instagram
- You can build strong trust with your Instagram followers
- You can use the marketing skills and the followers funnel techniques to convert followers into your customers
- Can use the different features of Instagram to grow your business
Create compelling content for websites, social media, email marketing, and other digital platforms with the Best Content Writing Course
How to set up an Instagram business account?
Before you start with Instagram marketing you need to have an Instagram account. If you already have one personal account, then skip steps 1 and step 2.
If you are first time user of Instagram, then here is a step by step guide to open an Instagram business account:
Step 1: Download the Instagram app from the play store
Step 2: After downloading the app now follow the below steps to fill in your details
- Open the app
- Tap on Sign up with Email or Phone number (on Android) and click on Create new account (on iOS)
- Enter your correct Email or Phone number and tap on Next
- Create your user name and password
- Complete your profile information and tap Next
Check out the Top 7 Social Media Marketing Courses online
Step 3: Switch to a business account
- Go to settings, find Account and click on Switch to professional account
- Pick a category of your business, then click on Business
- Now you have an Instagram business account, fill in all the details correctly
You can also advertise on feeds, stories, and also explore whatever way you decide, do your homework properly before using this feature.
Also, know How Digital Marketing is Changing Business?
Instagram Marketing Tips
Always use Business Account:
A business account gives you features that you cannot avail yourself of with a personal account.
- Instagram Ads for Advertising
- Instagram Insight for the demographic study of your brand
- Instagram shopping feature
- Business contact information and call to action button on your profile
- Primary and secondary messaging boxes to connect with your customers
A business account comes with many benefits to scale up your business. If you have not yet opened a business account, then follow the above steps and do it now.
Be clear about your marketing goals:
All social media platforms are tools but you cannot get benefit from those tools unless and until you are clear about your goals.
Different business marketers use Instagram for various purposes. You may be looking for:
- Sell your product directly from the app
- Just to create your online presence
- To get more leads
- Increase awareness about your brands
You may like to combine more than one strategies but you can’t unless and until you are clear about your goals.
Know your Audience Profile:
First, research your audience profiles using the Instagram demographic feature. A little bit of research will give insight about the age group, countries they belong to, etc.
Using all these results, you can plan your marketing goals. You need to define your target audience and market mostly by keeping in mind your audience profile. It does not mean that ignore the others.
Choose the right profile photo:
Most brands use their brand logo as their profile picture. This will help the users to easily identify who you are and what is your brand about.
Crop your Instagram profile picture with a diameter of 110 pixels. If your brand logo is square, then you need to zoom in to make sure it is visible to your audience.
Upgrade your profile:
You need to write your bio in just 150 characters to tell people about your brand. You should tell people everything about your brand and why should people follow it.
Luckily, you will get few fields where you can share more information about your brand.
- Your profile name: maximum 30 characters, included in the search.
- Your username: Give the user name to your handle, a maximum of 30 characters, that should be included in the search.
- Your Website: A clickable URL of your website
- Category: A business feature that tells people about your business category.
- Contact information: Tell people about where to find you and your product.
- Call-to-actions button: Give your target audience a way to interact with you directly with your brand on your profile page.
Design visually compelling content:
As you all know an Instagram is a visual medium, so all your posts need to be visually compelling to grab the attention of your target audience. It does not mean you need a professional photographer to click the pictures. Your images should be more lit up with a nice background.
Your images are very nice but if they don’t tell a story and unable to engage your followers then soon they will unfollow you. If you are planning to use some animation or infographic, then be sure they are crisp, easy to understand, and visually compelling.
Keep in mind that compelling content will make people share more and more of your -content and will extend your reach to more target audiences. Whenever you think about marketing content on Instagram then make it in such a way that more and more people will share your content not just like it and moved ahead to the next post.
Make attractive captions:
We all know Instagram is a visual medium, but we can’t ignore the captions. Sometimes the only images don’t fulfill the purpose, so to complete the goal of marketing you also need attractive captions.
Instagram captions can be a maximum of 2,200 characters. Here, you will get the opportunity to share the whole compelling story if you want or you can also just give a quick bite about your image.
Remember, that only the first two lines are visible to the audience, so if you are planning to write the story then make it captivating or funny that your audience can’t scroll down your post without reading it. Keep in mind your caption should be to the point, entertaining, informative, attractive, and represent your brand.
Use hashtags judiciously:
Hashtags play a crucial role in increasing the visibility of your content. You can use a maximum of 30 hashtags in an Instagram post, but practically you don’t like to do it.
To get the maximum benefits out of hashtags, follow few simple rules:
- Use five to nine hashtags.
- Choose appropriate hashtags
- Represent your niche
- Never force the audience to give like or follow
- Not repetitive
Hashtags will help people to find your post. To fulfill your goal of increasing visibility, avoid overstuffing hashtags. Believe me, lots of hashtags will distract your followers. They will not read your posts. Always use hashtags creatively and wisely.
Engage your audience:
If you want to attract more followers on Instagram then you need to engage your audience. If you do not give answers to the comments of your followers, then it will be one-way communication and most of your followers will unfollow very soon. Give answers to comments on your feed.
Follow some popular account that falls in your niche. Comment on the posts of that account. Increase your visibility in a non-promotional way.
Try to pin the comment from the top fans and give answers to some of your loyal followers and try to build a positive relationship with them. This will be fun and engage more people and also will give you more productive results.
Avail of the benefit of Instagram stories:
Most of the businesses are currently using Instagram stories and they are getting great results. Stories are the main part of marketing on Instagram.
Instagram stories should be more real and fresh. They disappear within 24 hours. They provide you the chance to build a more positive relationship with your followers.
Go live from time to time:
Use the Instagram live feature to connect with your friends and influencer from time to time. Here, is a list of few strategies that you can use from time to time to improve your brand reach using the Instagram live feature.
- Interview a good team member from your team
- Host live Question Answer session
- Invite some guest or influencer from the industry
- Show some behind the scene look, e.g. you will show your product manufacturing facility.
- Plan some workshops or tutorials.
All new Instagram Reel feature:
A new way to record 15 to 30-second video clips with music on the back. Everyone is comparing this feature with TikTok. You can easily create Instagram reels in the below-mentioned ways from your account:
- Simply open your Instagram Stories camera and you will see the Reels icon on the bottom menu somewhere next to “Story”.
- To access through the home screen of your Instagram account, tap the “+” on the right top and you can easily scroll to the Reels tab at the bottom of the screen.
You can use Instagram reels creatively and funnily to build your business and engage your audience. There are few ways in which you can use Instagram reels for marketing strategy.
- Create original content: Give more real human elements other than picture-perfect content. This will help you to build more genuine relationships and also strengthen your followers.
- Share content with an educational element: To grab the attention of your followers, you can post content with some teaching-learning motive. For example, if you are promoting some beauty brand then you can give some tips about daily skincare routine.
- Display your products: Instagram reels is a great way to start marketing and selling product directly from it. You can show your products in a reel and also tag them directly. So while watching your video many of your customers can directly purchase your product by clicking on the “view product” tab present at the bottom.
Instagram reels are the most creative way for businesses and brands to engage and strengthen their followers.
Set up an Instagram shop to improve your business reach:
You need a business profile to set up your Instagram shop. This shop feature you will only get on getting in an Instagram business account that is why to do marketing on Instagram, a business account is the first thing that you have to start with.
You will also get a “view shop” button on your Instagram profile. If your target audience does not want to see any of your posts, they can directly go to your shop.
Now, there is also, “view shop” tab on the Explore page where users can directly search for the products whose page they follow or see regularly from time to time.
Use perfect timing to post the content:
You should know as a business owner at what time your audience is most active on Instagram and use that time to post your new content every time.
Don’t overpost the content otherwise, there is a high chance that your audience will get bored by repeatedly seeing your post and there is a high chance that they may unfollow you.
You also need to post consistently basis to stay in the minds of your audience. One of the great ways to do that is to post on few days and during the peak hours when your audience is most active online.
Use an Instagram ad feature:
The best way to take your content to a new audience is through Instagram Ads. You can decide your target audience based on the demographic result of your business profile. You can use the following information to improve the reach of your feeds:
- You can decide it based on location such as city, state, country and so on
- Based on the interest of the people like the niche they follow, the app they use, also on the ads they mostly click and the list go on.
- The behavior of the people on Instagram.
- You can use demographic data like age, gender, language, and so on.
You can also advertise on feeds, stories, and also on explore, whatever way you decide, do your homework properly, before using Instagram marketing.
Instagram is one of the highest used social media networks- with over a billion users monthly. Billions of likes are given each day; you just need to play your part to grab some of them. Switch your account to an Instagram business account, and this will give you the advantage of using many tools. Start taking benefits of those free tools. Check out your follower’s statistics like their age or their location.
Post product videos to push your audience to buy your products. Don’t pressure them otherwise they will not buy them. You can also turn your post into sponsored ads that will help you reach the people who yet don’t know about your business and its products.
Post at right time, and try to avoid over-posting since this may have bored your users, and they may unfollow you. Post once or twice a day, not more than that and also not less than that. Keep track of how your Instagram metrics are working to check on your followers, engagement, and also their click-through rate.