Top 6 Financial Modeling Courses In Jamshedpur In 2023
Technology has taken out all the sectors. India is now a country with lots of technological advancement. Young students as well as professionals want to experience something new to build their careers in a tech-savvy world. A Financial Modeling course is one of the best options for them to pursue something new and interesting. Financial Modeling describes an organization’s income and expenditure numerically with the help of spreadsheets. The job of a financial analyst is to use that data in the respected business for the firm’s future precision. In this article, we are going to discuss what is Financial Modeling and the top 7 Financial Modeling Courses in Jamshedpur.
What is Financial Modeling?
Financial Modeling is usually denoted as mathematical models generated in Microsoft Excel. It forecasts the financial performance of the business to meet the business sustainability in the near future. The prediction is designed on the past data and factual background of the existing company to accomplish the business goal for the future. Financial Modeling is used to prepare cash flow and income statements, balance sheets, and advanced models such as cash flow analysis, mergers & acquisitions, and leveraged buyouts. In short, it is used to evaluate the financial strength of a company. The process involves setting up a new model or continuing with the existing model utilizing a plethora of data sets for the purpose of decision-making.
Eligibility Criteria for Pursuing Financial Modeling Course
Graduates from any background can go after the course. However, graduates from various finance backgrounds i.e., finance, mathematics, statistics, and economics can be capable of understanding the courses better as they have the basic skills and knowledge of the subject. Candidates from B Com, B. Tech, CA can pursue the degree without facing the fundamentals of the course.
Skills Are Needed to Pursue the Course:
- Anyone should have the following skills to begin their career in this field.
- Accounting and finance skills include the ability to read financial statements, analyze financial statements, financial forecasting, and calculate ROI.
- Advanced Spreadsheet skills include VLOOKUP, Conditional Formatting, Pivot tables and reporting, Data Simulations, and Macros.
- Soft skills include logical thinking, creative thinking, research abilities, mathematical skills, listening skills, presentation skills, and information ordering skills.
Types of Financial Modeling
Depending on the requirements of the business, a financial model is available in the business market. Some of the financial models are discussed below.
As per the name, three statements such as income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow are linked to produce a combined model in MS Excel. The model is one of the basic financial models from all other models.
Merger Model (M&A):
The merger model is a more advanced model to estimate the application of a merger or acquisition. This model is majorly used for investment banking.
Discounted Cash Flow Model:
Built on the three-statement model, the DCF Model gives value to a company based on the net present value of the company’s future cash flow.
Leveraged Buyout Model:
Leveraged Buyout Model is an advanced type of Modeling that requires complicated debt schedules.
A budget model is created on monthly or yearly figures and focuses on the income statement. This model is utilized for financial analysis and financial planning.
To compare with the budget model in business, the forecast model is made. This model is also used in financial analysis and planning.
Career Opportunities in Financial Modeling
After the completion of a financial Modeling course, anyone can start their career in various types of job roles such as financial data analysis, financial sector research, investment banking, corporate finance, company profiling, and private equity research.
Top 7 Financial Modeling Courses in Jamshedpur
1. IIM SKILLS
IIM Skills offers one of the best Financial Modeling Courses in Jamshedpur. The course is known as Online Financial Modeling and Valuation Course. The duration of the course is 3 months with 2 months guaranteed internship. It offers online courses to learners.
Modules Covered At A Glance
|Module 1 – Basic and Advanced Excel (8-10 hours)|
Module 2 – Accounting Concepts and Financial Statements (5-7 hours)
|Module 3 – Ratio/KPI Analysis (4-6 hours)|
Module 4 – Basics of Financial Modeling (4 hours)
|Module 5 – Different Types of Financial Models (12-15 hours)||• LBO Model|
• M&A Model
• Private Equity Return Model
• 13 Week Cash Flow Model
|Module 6 – Business Valuation (7-9 hours)||• Relative Valuation – Trading and Transaction Comps|
• DCF Valuation
• NAV Approach for Valuation
- Course Name -Online Financial Modeling Course
- Course Duration- 3 Months + 2 Months Guaranteed Internship
- Course Fee: INR 39,900 + 18% GST
Professional Courses from IIM SKILLS
- Financial Modeling Course
- Digital Marketing Course
- SEO Course
- Technical Writing Course
- GST Course
- Content Writing Course
- Business Accounting And Taxation Course
- CAT Coaching
- Investment Banking Course
Module-1 (Basic and Advanced Excel)
- Introduction to MS Excel
- Keyboard shortcuts and their importance
- Regular use functions like Vlookup, Hlookup, Index, Match, Offset, Paste Special
- Rules of conditional formatting
- Font and number formatting
- Concepts of cells, rows, and columns
- Sorting, and Filters using excel functions
- Table functions and dynamic arrays
- Data presentation through Pivot Tables
- Introduction to Macros
- Different types of charts and graphs
- Dynamic dashboards
- Text functions like Find, Replace, Left, Right, etc.
- Iterative calculations and circular referencing
Module-2 (Accounting Concepts and Financial Statements)
- Key accounting fundamental concepts include Double Entry Bookkeeping, Law of Going Concern, Law of Prudence, Historical Cost Concept, Accounting Period Concept
- Concepts of Revenue, Direct Costs, Operating Costs, Depreciation, Depletion, Present Assets and Liabilities, Non-Present and Liabilities
- Concept of Comprehensive Income
- Relevance of Notes to Accounts
- Understanding the relationships among the three financial statements
- Preparation of Common size financial statements
Module 3 (Ratio/KPI Analysis)
- Introduction to different types of Ratios. Activity/Turnover, Liquidity, Solvency, Profitability, Valuation, etc.
- Activity Ratios including Receivables Turnover, Inventory Turnover, Payables Turnover, Fixed Asset Turnover
- Profitability Ratios including Net Profit Margin, Gross Margin, Return on Assets, Return on Total Capital, Return on Invested Capital
- Price related to Earnings
- Price related to Cash flow
- Price required for Sales
- Preparation of financial summary
- Benchmarking the subject company’s performance
Module 4 (Technical of Financial Modeling)
- Introduction to the financial model
- Creating scenarios using Index, Choose, Scenario Manager
- Building revenue and cost drivers
- Preparation of equity, depreciation, debt, working capital, fixed assets, etc.
- Key formatting tips
Module 5 (Different Types of Financial Models)
- Three-Statement Projection Model
Projections of the three financial statements
- Concept of Leveraged Buyout Deal
- Assumptions for an LBO deal model
- Building Pro-Forma Financial Statements and required adjustments
- Debt and Goodwill calculation
- Preparing Sources and Using the table
- Preparation of Cash Waterfall
- Exit Analysis and calculation of return metrics including IRR and MOIC
- Basics of Merger and Acquisition Model
- Concepts of Accretion and Dilution
- Relevance of Synergies – Operating and Financing
- Performing Sensitivity Analysis on EPS
Private Equity Return Model
- Preparation of Capital Structure
- Private Equity and Private Debt Assumptions including Floating Rate, Original Issue Discount (OID), PIK Rate, Amortization, Drawn, and Undrawn Fees
- Concepts of Revolver, Roll-over Equity, Sponsor Capital, and other tranches of capital
- Concepts of Committed Capital, Assets under Management (AUM), Dry Powder, Loan to Value (LTV)
- Preparation of Investment Cash Flow and returns calculation.
13-Week Cash Flow Model
- Concepts of Financial Distress, Restructuring, and Chapter 7 Liquidation
- Building of operating cash receipts and payments, non-operating cash payments
- Working Capital projections
- Cash to EBITDA Reconciliation
Module 6 (Business Valuation)
- Difference between GBC and GTM
- Difference between Deal Value, Offer Value, and Transaction Value
- Criteria to screen peers.
- Valuation multiples to be used.
- Calculation of Enterprise Value using Equity Value and other components
- Ideal periods to focus on include the Last Twelve Months (LTM), the Next Twelve Months (NTM)
- Concept of Controlling Premium
- FCFF and FCFE
- Related concepts of NOPAT
- WACC uses detailed calculations for the cost components
- Concepts of different risks (ERP, CRP, SSRP, IRP, DLOM, DLOC)
- Different ways of calculating Beta
- Concepts of Levered and Unlevered Beta
- Mid-Period valuations
- Sensitivity Tables
NAV Approach for Valuation
- Relevance of the approach
- Presentation of Valuation Output
- Preparation of Valuation Report
- Concepts of Pre-Money and Post-Money Valuation
- The course offers 70+ Hours Lectures.
- It is provided with 100+ Hours Practical Assignments, 4 Live Projects, 5+ Case Studies.
- The students will get 2 Months Guaranteed Internship after the course.
- The institution prepares the students for a mock interview.
- The course offers 100% Job Support.
- The course material is aligned with MS Excel.
- The students will get authorized Master Financial Modeling Certification from IIM SKILLS Recognized by MSME Govt of India.
- The students can access the resource materials, eBooks, LMS, etc. for a lifetime.
- The students will get 24*7 online support from their committed team of experts with over 2000 experts.
Contact: +919580740740, [email protected]
Udemy offers one of the best online Financial Modeling Courses in Jamshedpur. It is a beginner to pro-level course in Excel. The course offers unlimited access to the course materials.
- Introduction to Excel
- The Excel Ribbon
- Basic operations with rows and columns
- Introduction to formatting
- Introduction to Excel formulas
- Introduction to functions
- Cut, copy, and paste.
- Paste special.
- Format cells
- Excel macros
- INDEX, MATCH, MATCH
- XLOOKUP, VLOOKUP
- Pivot tables
Key Benefits of the Course
- The course offers well-designed and easy-to-understand materials to the learners.
- The students will get comprehensible case studies based on real situations.
- The course materials are downloadable.
- The students will get to work comfortably with Microsoft Excel and its advanced features.
- You can become a top Excel user on your team.
- You can learn to develop a P&L statement from raw data extraction.
- You will learn how to build a cash flow statement.
- You can produce a valuation model from scratch.
- You can create a model with multiple scenarios.
- You will learn to design professional and advanced charts.
- It is a 15-hour course.
- The course offers 9 articles.
- You will get a certificate after your course.
Check out other financial Modeling services in India
- Financial Modeling Courses in Delhi
- Financial Modeling Courses in Hyderabad
- Financial Modeling Courses in Mumbai
- Financial Modeling Courses in Kolkata
- Data Analytics Courses in Jamshedpur
- Business Analytics Courses in Jamshedpur
Coursera offers online Financial Modeling Courses in Jamshedpur. The course will introduce you to spreadsheet models, Modeling techniques, and common applications for investment analysis, company valuation, forecasting, and more.
After the completion of the course, the students will learn skills like Financial Modeling, Microsoft Excel, Simulation, Linear Programming (LP), Modeling, Linear Progression, Probabilistic Models, Regression Analysis, Monte Carlo Method, Cash Flow, etc.
Key Benefits of the Course
- After the completion of the course, you will create your quantitative models.
- You can understand measurement and measurement of risk.
- You will learn to structure your decision-making for optimum results.
- The course offers a flexible schedule.
- It is a beginner-level course.
- It takes approximately 6 months with 2 hours/week to complete.
4. Henry Harvin
Henry Harvin offers one of the best Financial Modeling Courses in Jamshedpur. The course is known as the ‘Financial Modeling and Valuation Analyst (FMVA) Course’.
Module 1 – MS Excel
- Financial Model Template
- Formatting the data and summarizing it
- Text to numerical text to columns
- Converting data into a tabular format
- Identifying sales using conditional formatting
Module 2 – Financial Statement, Ratio Analysis
- Introduction to Financial Statement Analysis
- Understanding income statements, balance sheets, cash flow statement
- Inventories, Long-lived assets
- Non-current liabilities
- Ratio analysis of industries
- Peer to peer analysis
Module 3 – Financial Management
- Time value of money
- Long-term financing
- Cost of capital
- Measure Of Leverage
Module 4 – Project Finance Modeling
Stages of Project
- Construction & development phase
- Funding during the investment phase
- Costs during the investment phase
- Life of project; decision making
- Cash flow waterfall
Module 5 – Equity Research Modeling
- Prepare Financial Statement
- Analyze Revenue and Costs
- Forecast Revenues, Costs, Debt, etc.
- Project Future Financial Statements
- Performa Adjustments, Compute Margins/Ratios
- Valuation- Discounted Cash Flow Method (DCF)
Module 6 – Financial Reporting Writing
- Report Writing
- Overview of retail, telecom, IT, Oil & Gas, etc.
Module 7 – Modeling Practice
- Data Collection and Data Structuring
- Understand the Business Model
- Modeling Assumptions for Future Action
- Modeling Revenue Build-up
- Modeling Cost Build-up
- Modeling the Depreciation Schedule
- Performing Sensitivity/Scenario Analysis
- WACC and Cost of Equity Analysis
- Modeling the Financial Statements, Ratio Analysis
- Modeling Retained Earning Schedule
- Modeling Paid Up Capital
- Tax Modeling
Module 8 – Miscellaneous Practice
- Data Collection from Public Sources
- Modeling Revenue
- Income Statement
Estimations on the Balance Sheet
- Projection on cash flow
- Sensitivity Analysis
- Designing Enterprise Value
- You can develop a Robust Financial Model
- You can increase your knowledge of the Advanced Financial Techniques
- You can get acquainted with the formatting of Excel Sheets
- You will know the Mechanics of Financial Reporting
- You will understand Income statements, Balance sheets, etc.
- You will learn the application of Financial Statement and Ratio Analysis
- You will learn to create a Presentation Sheet
- You will learn to write a report based on Financial Modeling
Key Benefits of the Course
- The curriculum of the Financial Modeling Professional Course is well-designed by the subject matter experts.
- The students will get hands-on training on Financial Modeling using GCAO Pedag
- The course offers a placement support program.
- The students can claim 100% money return if they are not satisfied with the course.
- After the completion of the course every student will get a certificate endorsed by Henry Harvin.
Course Fee: INR 29,500
Duration of the course: 70 hours
Proschool offers one of the finest financial Modeling courses in Jamshedpur. Their financial Modeling course offers online as well as offline classes. They have training centers also in Mumbai, Delhi, Pune, Gurugram, Thane, Hyderabad, Chennai, Kochi, Bangalore, etc. You can take their demo class before joining.
- The students will learn Excel, Ratio Analysis, Project Finance, etc.
- The course delivers Case Study-Based Methodology
- The students can work in groups & build 6 Financial Models
- The course offers 8+ hrs of faculty-led training per week.
Key Benefits of the Course
- You get a certificate from the NSE academy.
- They will give you industry-based learning and training.
- They offer a 100% placement program after the completion of the course.
- They offer 60% practical courses to the learners.
6. Corporate Finance Institute
Corporate Finance Institute offers one of the best financial Modeling courses in Jamshedpur. You can improve your proficiency in the world of finance and accounting. After the completion of the course, you will become a certified Financial Modeling & Valuation Analyst (FMVA). They offer three courses: Prep Courses, Core Courses, and Elective Courses.
Prep courses consist of 8 optional courses. Core courses consist of 12 courses. Elective Courses consist of 18 courses.
Key Benefits of the Course
- It offers 39 courses consisting of over 2750+ lessons.
- 190+ interactive exercises
- Expert instructors
- Practical learning
7. GT Academy -Grant Thorton Academy
GT Academy offers online financial Modeling courses in Jamshedpur to students and working professionals. Through case studies, the program is crafted for the participants to their job purpose. Working professionals and students including investment bankers, chartered accountants, commerce graduates, MBA students, and equity researchers can attend the course.
- Creating a financial model template
- Data table
- Goal seeks.
- String function
- Offset function.
Basic Finance Model
- Generating past business performance
- Concerning Discounted Cash Flow
- Structuring of data
- Collect data from public sources.
- Gather data from private sources.
- Working on historical statements
- Revenue build-up
- Cost build-up
- Equity Modeling
- Asset Schedule
- Cash flow statement
Valuation on Project
- Creating a model for Net Present Value and Internal Rate of Return
- Circular logic
- Creating EPC Schedule
- CAPEX Schedule
- GANTT Chart
- Merger Motivation
- Calculation FCFF
- Merger analysis
- Accretion analysis
- Performing sensitivity analysis
Key Benefits of the Course
- It is an 80-hour study program including a video program for 70 hours.
- Advanced MS Excel for 8 hours
- 2 hours of assessments
- GT Presentation
- Quiz, case studies, and other course-related contents
- The course is accessible on mobile and computers.
- After pursuing the course, the candidates will be served the “Certificate in Financial Modeling & Valuation E Learning.”
- The students can clear MS Excel doubts.
- The candidates will learn how to design financial models.
- They can create dashboards to present models.
- They will learn valuation techniques.
Course Fee: INR 18,000 plus taxes.
Duration of the course: 80 hours
FAQs on Financial Modeling Courses in Jamshedpur
Q1. What background knowledge is necessary for joining financial Modeling courses in Jamshedpur?
There is no prerequisite for joining financial Modeling services in Jamshedpur. But the course is ideal for employees, entrepreneurs, managers, consultants, or anyone aiming to hone their Modeling skills. Knowledge of basic math is suggested for pursuing this course.
Q2. How much difficult is the course?
Financial Modeling is a complex subject. But you can overcome your complexity by getting hands-on projects and with regular practice.
Q3. What is the average salary after completing financial Modeling courses in Jamshedpur?
The average salary of a financial modeler is ₹7,60,644 in India.
Q4. What are the eligibility criteria for financial Modeling courses in Jamshedpur?
The students who have completed their 10+2 in subjects like Finance, Mathematics, and Accounting as their main subjects are eligible for the course.
Q5. What are the skills of a financial analyst?
There are majorly three skills of a financial analyst. These are quantitative skills, problem-solving power, and the use of logic to solve business problems. Good communication skill is another skill that is required for a financial analyst.
Conclusion on Financial Modeling Courses in Jamshedpur
In this article, we have discussed the top 7 financial Modeling courses in Jamshedpur. Their course can give you an insight into financial Modeling. Before starting the course, you need to know the basics of financial Modeling. During the course, financial professionals will help you hone your skill and knowledge in this field. After doing in-depth research, you can choose the course you want to join. We can suggest to you that the future in this field is bright. Do not miss the opportunity to build your career.