Top Investment Banking Companies In UK With Salary Details
Investment Banking is a crucial industry that plays an essential role in the financial sector globally. It acts as a bridge between the organizations and investors who are willing to invest their capitals vs those who are seeking to have capital. Investment Banks have a wide range of clients such as Government entities, large companies, equity firms, and high net-worth individuals resulting directly or indirectly in the overall financial market and economy. Investment Banking is a special segment in the banking sector that helps individuals or organizations grow their capital and get suitable advice from some industry experts. We are going to cover investment banking companies in the UK with Salary in this article.
Investment Banking acts as an intermediary between the investors and security issuers. It provides various financial services to organizations, governments, and corporations. The primary functions of Investments banks include:
Capital Raising: Investment banking helps companies to raise capital through stock or bonds in the financial market. It is a process to raise funds through external sources to achieve its goals.
Mergers And Acquisition: Investment banks advise companies to buy, sell or merge with other companies or businesses. This process includes deal negotiation and strategy followed by negotiation.
Advisory Services: As the name suggests, Investment bank advisory services provide financial advice to their clients, which may involve how to structure their capital and focus on growth opportunities to manage financial risks.
Asset Management: Managing Investment portfolios for organizations and individual roles is the major job responsibility of an Asset manager. It is synonymous with wealth management and as an advisor, their task is not only to give advice but also to make financial decisions on behalf of their clients based on their risk tolerance, Investment strategy, and financial situation.
Some of the types of Asset Management are:
- Digital Asset Management (DAM)
- Fixed Asset Management
- IT Asset Management (ITAM)
- Enterprise Asset Management
- Financial Asset Management
- Infrastructure Asset Management
Trading: Buying and Selling of assets and various financial instruments including stocks, bonds and currencies.
Research: To make their client’s life easy, investment banking does deep-bottom research on financial markets, organizations, and industries for better investment decisions. Research reports are made for a better performance of the research.
Risk Management: It is a process that allows overall risks to be understood and managed proactively by minimizing loss and maximizing profits and outcomes. Through Risk Management, Investment Banks help to mitigate the financial risk of its clients. It helps in calculating uncertainties and can also predict their impact to help organizations make decisions based on that.
The risk management process are:
Identifying risk, assessing risks, creating a plan to mitigate those risks, implementing your mitigation plan, and evaluating whether it is successful or not.
Underwriting: It is a process where investment banks purchase securities from companies and sell it to investors. In this process, some of the risk is transferred to investment banks.
Who is an Investment Banker?
An Investment Banker is a financial advisor appointed by many organizations, Private and Public both suggesting clients from Government entities, large companies, equity firms, and high net-worth individuals related to their capital investments. The major responsibility of an Investment Banker is to invest individuals’ or organizations’ capital in the right manner based on their financial situation, risk tolerance, and investment strategy to get profitable returns. Their responsibilities vary depending on their specific role and the company they work for.
Some of the essential responsibilities of Investment Bankers are:
Deal Structuring: To structure financial transactions and to meet the needs and fulfill the goals of their clients. It also covers the terms and conditions of the financial instrument deal.
Client Relationship Management: Maintaining a strong relationship with the clients is one of the major roles of an Investment Banker. Understanding and providing services as per their clients’ needs will help them excel in their job which will also help their company to grow along with giving profitable returns to their clients.
Due Diligence: It is an investigation of potential investments of products. Reviewing all past financial records and past company performance before entering into a proposed transaction with another party. It helps to identify and asses risks, liabilities, and business problems in the target company before finalizing the transaction. Due diligence falls into main 3 categories:
- Legal due diligence
- Financial due diligence
- Commercial due diligence
Regulatory Compliance: Investment must ensure that all the transactions are complied with relevant financial regulations and legal requirements such as securities and disclosure law.
Networking: Building and maintaining a strong network within the financial industry to attract and deal with clients, and stay updated on the market trends and opportunities.
- Investment Banking Courses in the World
- Investment Banking Courses With Placement
- Investment Banking Training Programs
- Investment Banking Certificate Courses
- Investment Banking Institutes
- Investment Banking Courses for Beginners
Financial Modeling: To create financial models of various financial transactions helping clients to make informed decisions. It is a process of creating a summary of company’s expenses and earnings that is their profit and loss account in the form of a spreadsheet to calculate future decisions. It is the ability to use accounting information and financial documents to create the scene for potential financial decisions. Four major components of Financial Modelling are:
- Income Statement
- Balance Sheet
- Cash Flow Statement
- Debt Schedule
Presentations And Pitching: Preparing and delivering presentations and pitching the services and delivering them to the clients is a prime role of an Investment Banker. This helps in raising the capital and completing the transaction.
Long Hours And Pressure: Investment Bankers must know how to handle high-pressure situations and meet tight deadlines. Long working hours particularly during deal making periods are part of job of an Investment Banking.
Investment banking Companies in UK With Salary
The average salary of an Investment Banking Analyst is £ 95,708 per year in the London, United Kingdom. The average compensation for an investment banking analyst in the London, United Kingdom is £ 30,457 with a range from £ 17,779- £ 52,177. Those with significant experience may earn a base salary of £ 150,000 to £ 165,000
What qualification do Investment Banking Companies in UK look for in an Investment Banker?
The minimum qualification for an Investment Banker is a bachelor’s degree or B.com. The degree of B.com covers economics, commerce, corporate English, and accounts. Undergraduate subjects are less influential in getting a job, whereas if a candidate has a Master’s degree in Finance, Business Administration or another relevant subject.
While an MBA in finance gives a broader understanding of finance and business the CFA course is more focused on investment analysis, financial reporting, and economics. A candidate with 50% marks in class 12 of any background can pursue diploma–level Banking courses whereas PG Diploma requires graduation from a relevant stream with 50% marks. Students with 50% marks in 10+2 preferably of commerce background from a recognized board can pursue UG-level investment banking courses.
What Universities do most of the Investment Banking companies in UK recruit from?
- London School Of Economics (LSE)
- University Of London (UCL)
- Warwick University
- Imperial college of London (ICL)
- HEC Paris
- ESSEC Business school
- Bocconi School of Management
There are some of the well-known Investment Banking companies in UK With Salary and Employment Details:
Barclays Investment Banks: Barclays has been named Best Investment Bank in the United Kingdom in Euromoney magazine’s annual award for excellence. It is a British multinational universal bank based in London and It is one of the largest financial services in the United Kingdom.
J.P Morgan Chase: It continuously offers freshers to work, progress and thrive within their organisation.
Morgan Stanley: Morgan Stanley is an American bank playing an important role in UK financial market by advising right investments.
Lloyds Banking Group: It is a British financial institute formed through acquisition of HBOS by Lloyds in 2009. It is one of the UK’s largest financial services with 30 million customer and around 65000 employees.
Goldman Sachs: It is one of the renowned and well-established investment bank all over the world. It offers a broad range of financial services to a large and diversified client base that includes corporation, financial institutions, government and individuals.
Rothschild & Co:Rothschild & Co is a leading multinational private and merchant bank, headquartered in London. It offers services like acquisition, mergers, financial advisory and asset management.
Ernst And Young: It is a multinational professional services headquartered in London. Ernst & Young is one of the professional services networks in the world.
Deutsche Bank: Headquartered in Frankfurt, Germany, it is one of the elite investment banks with a global presence.
Standard Chartered PLC: Standard Chartered is a multinational banking and financial services company. It is headquartered in London, known for its comprehensive services.
Evercore: It is formerly known as Evercore partner is a global independent investment banking advisory firm founded in 1995. The firm suggests several merger and acquisition deals.
HSBC Holdings: It is a British Universal bank headquartered in London. It is the seventh-largest bank providing financial services.
CITI Group Inc: Citi is an American multinational investment bank and financial services.
Credit Suisse: Switzerland’s Credit Suisse bank is also headquartered in London working in Investment banking, Asset Management, and private banking. The bank’s offices in the UK capital of over 7500 employees.
Institutes Providing Best Investment Banking Courses In UK:
1. IIM SKILLS-
IIM SKILLS is one of the leading online institutes in India with a global presence. They are one of the best Investment Banking Course provider that is also recognized by many Investment Banking Companies. They have faculties with great learning skills and those who are industry experts. They are 100% online ed-tech providing access to the course on phone, laptop, and tablet from anywhere and anytime. Having a certified degree from IIM SKILLS will help you in getting a desired job with some top Investment Banking Companies in UK.
Highlights Of The Course:
- 3 Months of online Investment Banking Course that is led by an expert
- 70+ Hours of lecture ( 50+ Hours of training and 20+ Hours of doubt solving)
- Pay in 7 Interest free EMI
- 100+ Hours of Practical Assignments
- 1 Month guaranteed internship | 100% job support
- LinkedIn profile building
- Mock Interview Preparation
- Lifetime Support | Capstone Projects | Resume & Interview Preparation
- Earn IIM Investment Banking Master Certification recognized by MSME Government of India
- Lifetime free access to IIM Skills course and material via LMS. Learn Anytime, Anywhere!
|Module 1||MS PowerPoint||Module 5||Technicals of Investment Banking|
|Module 2||MS Excel||Module 6||Different Marketing Collaterals|
|Module 3||Financial System and Market||Module 7||Technicals of Financial Modeling|
|Module 4||Derivatives Market||Module 8||Business Valuation|
Benefits of Doing the Course From IIM SKILLS and Get Hired by Some Top Investment Banking Companies in UK:
- Anytime, Anywhere Access
- Super Interactive Session
- Flexible scheduling
- Expert Faculty
- Learning Resources
- Master certification
- Comprehensive Courseware
- Internship and Placement Support
- Complimentary Services
Modules of the Investment Banking Course are:
Module 1- Power Point (4-6 Hours)
- Introduction to MS power point and understanding the ribbon
- Keyboard shortcuts and their importance
- Creating, Managing and designing slides
- Adding transition and animations
- Formatting by using themes, different color schemes
- Creating the slide master
- Inserting pictures, links and editing them
- Working on illustrations and shapes
- Building different kinds of graphs and graph bars like line charts, combo charts, football field, scatter plot, histogram, pie chart, waterfall, stacked, column chart, to name a few
Module 2- MS EXCEL (8 Hours)
- Introduction to MS Excel
- Keyboard shortcuts and their importance
- Regular use of function like Vlook, Hlookup, Index, Match, Sumifs, Offset, Paste special, Concentrate, Indirect among others and their combination among themselves
- Rules of conditional formatting
- Font and Number formatting
- Concept of freezing of cells, rows and columns
- Data validation using excel functions as well as formulas
- Table functions and dynamic arrays
- Introduction to Micros
- Creating different types of charts and graphs including but not limited to bar graphs, line charts, combo charts, football field, scatter plot, histogram, Pie chart, waterfall, stacked column chart
- Sensitivity analysis using Data tables
- Dynamic dashboards
- Text functions like proper find, replace, substitute, left, right, mid, etc
- Text to columns functions like delimit, Flash fill, return functions like IRR, XIRR, NPV, XNPV
- Iterative calculations and circular referencing
- Analysis using Goal seek, Scenario manager and Data Table
Module 3- Financial System and Market (4-5 Hours)
- Basics of Financial System
- Different kinds of financial system- Primary Market, Secondary Market, Capital Market and Money Market
- Market participants and regulators
- Stock exchange and Financial centres
- Difference between over the counter and Exchange traded securities
- Equity and preference shares
- Understanding of long and short positions
- Meaning of depository receipts
- Characteristics and types of bonds
- Meaning and concepts of bond price, interest and yield
- Yield to maturity
- Forex and its features
- Quotes and Trades
Module 4- Derivatives Market (2-3 Hours)
- Introduction to derivatives
- Forward, future and options
- Understanding of long and short term position
- Discussion of call and put options
- Derivative types of pay off and pricing in the derivative market
- Concept of swaps and its types (including equity, interest and forex)
- Meaning of speculation and Hedging
- Overview of credit default swaps
Module 5- Technical of Investment Banking
- Overview of Investment banking
- Role of Investment Bankers
- Types of Investment Banks (Bulge, Mid and Boutique)
- Understanding of buy side and sell side of business
- Concepts of Mergers and Acquisition, Joint Venture, Spin off and Capital raise
- Vertical and Horizontal Mergers
- A sell side life cycle
- Concept of due diligence
- Different funding stages
- Concept of underwriting and building approach
- Overview of Greenshoe option
- Understanding of corporate restructuring and turnaround
- Discussion on tender offer, Earnout, Leveraged buyout
Module 6- Different Marketing Collaterals (6-8 Hours)
- Buyers list or Investors list
- Non-disclosure agreement (NDA)
- Pitchbook/ Pitch deck
- Confidential Information Memorandum
- Financial Models
Module 7- Technical of Financial Modelling (8 Hours)
- Introduction to a structure for a financial modelling
- Creating scenarios using different ways including index, choose, scenario managers
- Projecting or forecasting the three financial statements- IS, BS, CFS
- Building detailed revenue and cost drive for various business types including real estate, e-commerce, utility, business services, food aggregator, automobiles, subscription based firms, conglomerate and MNC business
- Preparation of different schedules including equity, working capital, fixed assets
- Financial modelling practices and error tracking
- Key formatting tips including best print set up approach
- Addition of cover page, index, financial summary and other key tabs
Module 8- Business Valuation (4 Hours)
- Difference between GPC and GTM
- Difference between deal and transaction value
- Criteria to screen peers
- Valuation multiples to be used
- Calculation of enterprise value and other components
- Ideal time period to focus on last twelve month (LMT), Next twelve month (NMT), historical years and projected years
- Concepts of controlling premium
- NAV approach for valuation
- Relevance of the approach
- Concepts of pre-money and post-money valuation
- Presentation of valuation output
- Blended valuation presented through football field
- Concepts of leveraged and unleveraged Beta
Other Professional Courses from IIM SKILLS
- Financial Modeling Course
- Digital Marketing Course
- SEO Course
- Technical Writing Course
- GST Course
- Content Writing Course
- Business Accounting And Taxation Course
- CAT Coaching
- Data Analytics Course
+919580740740, [email protected]
Course Fees: INR 39,900 + 18% GST
2. The London Institute Of Banking And Finance-
The London School of Banking and Finance is known for providing a quality education and professional qualification to its learners. Students will get a Diploma for Financial Advisors. It provides a 100% online with LIBF Digital Academy. It is designed to develop fundamental skills knowledge and skills you need to become a qualified financial advisors. This course will help the students to get hired by some reputed Investment Banking Companies in UK.
Highlights of the Course:
- Providing an understanding of the UK financial services industry
- Addressing the aims of financial conduct authority (FCA) in line with current rules and regulations
- Offering comprehensive insights into how risk affects customers’ needs
- An understanding of how to analyse important data
- Guidance on to formulate and communicate financial advice
It takes around 9 months to complete Diploma for Financial Advisors course
but 17 months study support will be provided. It is divided between 2 units:
- Unit 1: Financial Services Regulations and Ethics (FSRE)
- Unit 2: Advanced Financial Advice (AFA)
Financial Services Regulations And Ethics:
- Learn about the UK financial service industry in a global context
- Understand the legal concepts necessary to distribute sound financial advice
- Study the financial conduct authority (FCA) to ensure ethical outcomes
- Learn about the development of financial regulation
- Discover the nature of both personal and financial risk
- Gain the comprehensive skills required to advise clients
Advanced Financial Advice:
- Study the UK taxation system and how it relates to individual and trusts
- Discover the main sources of financial protection as well as limitations
- Understand the main features of various types of insurance, including critical illness and long-term care
- Learn about pensions law and regulations as well as pension regulations
- Master how to create and maintain successful plans
Accelerate your Learning with Digital Academy:
Digital Academy believes in the comfort of their students and that is why they provide 100% online study powered by ICS learning approach. The Digital Academy comes equipped with lot of benefits including,
- Paperless Learning- eliminating the need for textbook that are not necessary
- Multi-device access- learn on the go, you can access through your phone, laptop, or tablet from anywhere and anytime
- Engaging content- content is designed as per industry standards and are quite engaging for the learners
- Live and recorded online webinars- to help you ace your Diploma certificate in Financial Advisors
- Dedicated tutor support- whenever you need support you can connect with your tutors
Benefits of this Course:
After you register for Diploma Financial Advisor certificate, you will become a member of the London Institute of Banking & Finance throughout your program. This certificate course will not only help you to get benefit and support from Digital Academy, you will also gain access to various exciting benefits including career support and membership discount.
Contact Details: 0333 920 8694
Course Fees: £ 999 + £ 1200 (Registration fees)
- Investment Banking Course Syllabus
- Imarticus Investment Banking Course Review
- Investment Banking Distance Learning Courses
- Investment Banking Courses in South Africa
- Investment Banking Courses After CA
FAQs About Investment Banking Companies in UK With Salary:
1. What are the average working hours in Investment Banking Companies in UK?
Average working hours for employees in any Investment Banking Companies in UK is approximately 48 hours per week.
2. What do you need to be an Investment Banker in Investment Banking Companies in UK?
Investment Banking Companies in UK hire graduates from all disciplines, not necessarily to be with finance background. However a good knowledge of current financial market and a relevant course will be essential to get started in any industry.
3. What is a role of Investment Banker in any Investment Banking Companies in UK?
Investment Banking Companies in UK expects its employees to acts as an advisory to its clients, help them to raise money from capital markets in order to expand their business.
Conclusion on Investment Banking Companies In UK With Salary :
We hope this article on Investment Banking Companies In UK with salary has helped provide insight for those who are looking for high paid salary jobs in the financial sector. It is a profitable career path that has become so much in demand. It also helps clients with their corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions. It is a booming and evolving sector to choose as a career option.