Top 6 Data Analytics Courses In Birmingham With Live Training
Birmingham is one of the most developed cities in England. Data analytics is the new technology in society that revolutionizes business. Thus, to help Birmingham students to gain knowledge on data analytics, here information regarding data analytics, the importance of data analytics, and data science, is given along with the details of the best data analytics courses In Birmingham.
What is Data Science?
Data science is a broad term that covers elaborate learning of vast data sets. The people who want to invent various machine learning and deep learning tools and techniques study data science. Data scientists are involved with heavy coding and multiple tools. The pay range of data scientists is more due to the vast handling of data structures. Data science encompasses different fields of learning like data analytics, data mining, machine learning, and other related fields.
What is Data Analytics?
Data analytics is a narrow term. It is a part of data science. Data analytics study gives rise to different analysts in finance, business, operations, performance, and in all departments of the organization. Data analytics’ main focus is on considering part of the data to gain insights. Data analytics aims to gain actional solutions for the existing queries at hand. The earnings of data analysts are comparatively lesser than that of data scientists. Data analytics does not require coding, instead, it demands knowledge of handling different software, analytical skills, and advanced mathematical techniques.
Importance of Data Analytics:
- In one analysis, it is proven that data benefitted the UK economy by 241 GBP billion from 2015 to 2020.
- Data Protection Act, of 1998 provides a new dimension for data. In the UK, due to this act, the value of data started increasing. Data contains tonnes of information that provides interesting and valuable insights for the future generation.
- The UK has high-level data scientists who can make innovations with the help of data.
- Both government and businesses use data for creating impressive innovations for the impending future.
- The provision of data to businesses and education helps to strengthen the environment and make the business processes conducive.
- Data analytics create the legal framework to protect the database from piracy.
- Data analytics ensure maximum data utilization and prevents the deterioration of the database and its potential.
- Many systems are integrated to provide a secure environment to share and utilize the data completely.
- The use of API helps businesses to create a database that contains the information of customers and their needs.
- Data analytics helps to build trust and coordinate many countries across the world.
- It prevents the business from emerging issues and provides an ethical framework to use data.
- It helps in managing all sorts of data in business, government, and other organizations.
Concepts in Data Analytics:
- Descriptive Data Analytics.
- Inferential Data Analytics.
- Exploratory Data Analytics.
- Predictive Data Analytics.
- Causal Data Analytics.
- Mechanistic Data Analytics.
Some Important Books for Data Analytics:
The below-mentioned books are suitable for beginners in data analytics.
- Anil Maheshwari- Data Analytics Made Accessibly.
- Annalyn Ng and Kenneth Soo- Numsense! Data Science for the Layman.
- Dr Charles Russell Severance- Python for Everybody: Exploring Data in Python 3.
- Walter Shields- SQL Quickstart Guide: The Simplified Beginner’s Guide to Managing, Analyzing, and Manipulating Data with Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Kenneth Cukier and Viktor Mayer Schonberger- Big Data: A Revolution that will Transform How We Live, Work, and Think.
- Foster Provost and Tom Fawcett- Data Science for Business: What you need to know about data mining and data analytic thinking.
- Melanie Mitchell- Artificial Intelligence: A guide for thinking humans.
- Cole Nussbaumer Knaflic- Storytelling with Data: A data visualization guide for business professionals.
- Andriy Burkov- The hundred-page machine learning book.
- Dr. Barry Devlin- Business unintelligence: Insight and Innovation beyond analytics and big data.
- Charles Wheelan- Naked Statistics: Stripping the dream from the data.
- Cathy O’Neil- Weapons of Math Destruction: How big data increases inequality and threatens democracy.
Best Data Analytics Courses in Birmingham:
1. IIM SKILLS
IIM SKILLS is the leading online learning platform for wide range of skill development & finance courses. Their data analytics course is one of their highly recommended course. The course curriculum is personally designed by their mentors who are industrial experts and have years of experience.
The Course Module:
|Module Name||Important Topic|
Module 1: Basic and Advance Excel
|Introduction to Data Handling|
|Data Manipulation Using Functions|
|Data Analysis and Reporting|
|Data Visualization in Excel|
|Overview of Dashboards|
Module 2: Visual Basic Application
|How VBA Works with Excel|
|Key Components of Programming Language|
|Programming Constructs in VBA|
|Functions & Procedures in VBA|
|Objects & Memory Management in VBA|
|Controlling Accessibility of Your Code|
|Communicating with Your Users|
Module 3: SQL
|Basics RDBMS Concepts|
|Utilizing the Object Explorer|
|Data Based Objects Creation (DDL Commands)|
|Data Manipulation (DML Commands)|
|Accessing Data from Multiple Tables Using SELECT|
|Optimizing Your Work|
Module 3.1: SQL Server Reporting Services
|Basics of SSRS|
|Creating Visualization Using SSRS|
Module 3.2: SQL Server Integration Services
|Understanding Basics of SSIS|
|Creating Packages to Integrate|
|Creating Project Using SSIS|
Module 4: Power BI
|Data Preparation and Modeling|
|Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)|
|Reports Development (Visuals in Power BI)|
Module 5: Data Analytics Using Python
|Introduction to Basic Statistics|
|Introduction to Mathematical Foundations|
|Introduction to Analytics & Data Science|
|Python Essentials (Core)|
|Operations with NumPy (Numerical Python)|
|Overview of Pandas|
|Cleansing Data with Python|
|Data Analysis Using Python|
|Data Visualization with Python|
|Statistical Methods & Hypothesis Testing|
Module 6: Tableau
|Data Handling & Summaries|
|Reports Development (Visuals in Tableau)|
Module 7: R For Data Science
|Using R with Databases|
|Data Visualization with R|
|Introduction to Statistics|
|Linear Regression: Solving Regression Problems|
Module 8: Alteryx
|Overview of the Alteryx Course and Fundamental Concepts|
|Using the Select Tool to Rename Fields, Change the Data Type|
|Understanding the User Environment and Alteryx Settings|
|Filtering Data/Data Processing|
|Blending/Joining Data from Different Sources|
Course Name, Duration & Fees:
- Data Analytics Course
- 6months of live online training & 2 months of optional unpaid internship
- 475.03 Pound Sterling + taxes
Tools Covered in Data Analytics with IIM SKILLS:
- Power BI
Why Should You Choose IIM SKILLS:
- Leading online learning platform for wide range of courses in the world
- Globally recognized.
- Government authorized & certified courses.
- Easy on the pocket
- 10% discount on group registration
- Free lifetime access to the learning material
- 24* 7 career guidance and support
- 100% practical coaching
- Assured internship.
- Financial Modeling Course
- Digital Marketing Course
- SEO Course
- Technical Writing Course
- GST Course
- Content Writing Course
- Business Accounting And Taxation Course
- CAT Coaching
- Investment Banking Course
Contact: +919580740740, [email protected]
2. Data Analytics Courses in Birmingham – The University of Birmingham
There are extraneous resources available for data. The challenge is the extraction of required data for further observation. The University of Birmingham offers a master’s program in data science. This program comprises six 20-credit modules that give theoretical knowledge and 60-credit for project study to understand data handling. This course provides you with knowledge of concepts and programming which helps you apply data collection, exploration, and visualization processes.
Course Name: Postgraduate or Masters or MSc in Data Science
Course Fee: 10,980 GBP (British Pound Sterling) for UK students; 27,540 GBP for International students
Course Duration: 1-year full-time degree
Mode of Learning: on-campus (at the University of Birmingham)
This program comprises 180 credits divided into six compulsory modules each of 20 credits and one 60-credit project.
- Module 1: Algorithms for Data Science and Analytics (20 credits).
- Module 2: Current and Contemporary Concepts in Data Science and Analytics (20 credits).
- Module 3: Group Project on Data Science (20 credits).
- Module 4: Programming Languages in Data Science (20 credits).
- Module 5: Credit Project in Data Science (60 credits).
- Module 6: Data Storage and Data Management (20 credits).
- Module 7: Data Visualization Techniques and Tools (20 credits).
The above modules are not constant, you can see the update and changes in the modules related to changes in the technology from time to time.
Why Do You Study at This University?
- The University of Birmingham is considered the leading university with good prospects in the UK.
- They provide data science courses with career opportunities.
- Here you can work in facilitated data science and computer laboratories, special research laboratories for security, medical imaging, robotics, and computer vision.
- The Alan Turing Institute is the national institute for data science and artificial intelligence, this university collaboratively delivers this course with the above institute.
- They are having a partnership with the Center of Computational Biology (CCB).
Related courses: Masters or MSc in Computer Science.
Phone: +44 (0)121 414 3344
3. Data Analytics Courses in Birmingham – Birmingham City University
This University offers a master’s degree in Big Data Analytics. This program teaches you advanced topics like big data, advanced statistics, and programming. This course helps businesses to diagnose and find effective solutions to complex problems. The Data Analytics courses in Birmingham is highly essential for the business. This course equips you to gain skills in aptitude, reasoning, technical writing, and time management. Teaching is divided into personal, instructor-led, and workshops with experts.
Course Name: Postgraduate or Masters or MSc in Big Data Analytics
Course Fee: 9,000 GBP for UK students; 16,300 GBP for International students
Course Duration: 12 months (full-time program)
Mode of Learning: campus learning
Course Name: Postgraduate or Masters or MSc in Big Data Analytics
Course Fee: 9,900 GBP for UK students; 17,930 GBP for International students
Course Duration: 18 months (full-time program with professional placement)
Mode of Learning: campus learning
Only for UK students:
Course Name: Postgraduate or Masters or MSc in Big Data Analytics
Course Fee: First year-4,000 GBP for 80 credits; Second year- 5,000 GBP for 100 credits
Course Duration: 2 years part-time program
Mode of Learning: campus learning
The fee as mentioned above is tentative, for more information and clarity, check the university site.
- Module 1: Modern Optimization Techniques (20 credits) – The competitive atmosphere changes the environment, and businesses seek changes in cost reduction strategies and better performance.
- Module 2: Applied Statistics (20 credits) – This course aims to apply statistical techniques and software to data sets. Learning cum teaching to apply theoretical concepts in practical organizational contexts.
- Module 3: Advanced Databases (20 credits) – This course deals with techniques and implementation of DBMS- database management systems. This module includes modeling, designing, SQL (Structured Query Language) Programming, and other data implementation tools and techniques; query planning, optimization, processing, extracting, and big data technologies are also included. The concepts of SQL and NoSQL are significantly used to employ real-time applications.
- Module 4: Big Data Management (20 credits) – five V’s (Volume, Velocity, Variety, Veracity, and Valence); this course is primarily designed based on the above five V’s. This course aims to create new technology architecture like NoSQL, Hadoop, and MPP (Massively Parallel Processing) databases.
- Module 5: Data Mining Tools and Techniques (20 credits) – Data Repositories or vaults like databases and data warehouses are used to find patterns and visualize the models. Data Mining techniques help in both descriptive and predictive analysis, these analyses assist big data analytics. Data mining is crucial and essential not only for business but also for government-related activities. This module taught me all the techniques and current trends in data mining.
- Module 6: Social Media Analytics and Visualization Techniques (20 credits): Whenever businesses make decisions, they need the data. Social media is the biggest resource available on the internet. People started using social media for communication and it grabbed and imprinted a definite place. The critical and emergency information repository is social media. This course teaches you social network analysis (SNA), natural language processing (NLP), data analytics, and mining in social media like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc…All the concepts teach you about data collection, extraction, and conclusion of the information.
- Individual Master Final Project (60 credits): You can choose the relevant topic of interest after consulting with your facilitator.
Knowledge and Skill Assessment:
- Examinations (seen, unseen, open, and closed-book).
- Practical assignments.
- Online forums.
- Project work
- BCS (British Computer Society), Chartered Institute for Information Technology (IT).
- This course is also accredited by the Engineering Council.
- Students must have 2:2 or equivalent performance in undergraduate (honours) degree.
- Business and management students are highly preferred.
- The students who do not hold sufficient eligibility requirements can perform industry-related activities which equates to a degree.
- International/ EU students must have a 6.0 band in IELTS or any equivalent.
Phone: +44 (0)121 331 5000
4. Data Analytics Courses in Birmingham – Aston University
The master’s data analytics provided by Aston University helps you to upskill your knowledge in data analytics and data science concepts. This course has high demand because of its vast concepts. They offer the best Data Analytics Courses in Birmingham.
Course Name: Postgraduate or Master’s or MSc Data Analytics
Course Fee: 11,000 GBP for UK students; 20,700 GBP for International and EU students
Course Duration: 12 months full-time program
Mode of Learning: on-campus (university campus)
The modules completely teach you the data analytics cycle which includes problem identification, data collection, data cleansing, exploratory data analysis, visualization techniques, statistical techniques, and decision making.
- Module 1: Statistical Techniques and Machine Learning.
- Module 2: Algorithms, Computational Techniques, and Mathematics.
- Module 3: Data Science Programming includes Python and R Programming Languages.
- Module 4: Understanding various forms like audio, text, image, and more. This module includes supervised and unsupervised machine learning and deep learning techniques.
- Module 5: Probability Modeling techniques include classification, regression, forecasting techniques, and optimization techniques.
- Module 6: Neural Networks includes clustering and classification techniques.
- Module 7: Network Science.
- Module 8: Specialists Research Skills and Techniques.
- Module 9: Research Project on related domains.
- Students should have undergraduate degrees in mathematics, science, computer, engineering, physics, data science, or related streams with 2:2 or higher qualifications.
- Students have to complete the application form before joining the course.
- International and EU students, have to score 6.0 band in IELTS or equivalent.
- Online lectures.
- One-to-one learning.
- Self-paced learning.
- Instructor-led learning.
Additional Benefits of Studying at This University:
Learn different languages like,
- Mandarin Chinese
Phone: +44 (0)121 204 3000
5. Data Analytics Courses in Birmingham – Ulster University
This course covers international business and data analytics techniques. It is a master’s program. This course helps you to learn integrating analytics techniques. This course has two options to choose either an internship or a project. Ulster is one of the best to offer Data Analytics Courses in Birmingham.
Course Name: Postgraduate or Masters or MSc International Business with Data Analytics
Course Fee: 9,600 GBP for UK students; 13,250 GBP for International students
Course Duration: one-year full-time program
Mode of Learning: on-campus (university learning)
- Module 1: Level 7 MSc Workshop (0 credits).
- Module 2: Global Business Context.
- Module 3: International Finance.
- Module 4: Global Marketing and Sales Development.
- Module 5: Digital Landscape.
- Module 6: Data Science and Analytics for International Business.
- Module 7: Global Strategy Development and Implementation.
- Module 8: International Business and Research Skills.
- Module 9: International Entrepreneurship.
- Module 10: Dissertation- 60 credits.
- Module 11: Applied Research Project- 60 credits.
- 2:2 (second class) in undergraduate honors6 degree.
- IELTS- 6.0 band (not less than 5.5 bands).
- HKDSE English Language- Grade 4.
- Indian students-70% in 12th standard in CBSE or ICSE only.
- WAEC- C6.
Phone: 02038756728 for home/ EU students; 02035106866 for international students
- Data Analytics Courses in the UK
- Data Analytics Courses in Australia
- Data Analytics Courses in Nigeria
- Data Analytics Courses in London
6. Data Analytics Courses in Birmingham – Knowledgehut
Data science boot camp at Knowledge hut teaches you mathematical, statistical, and programming techniques. Instructors help you to understand coding and analytics skills. This course makes your portfolio strong which is expected in different businesses.
Course Name: Data Science Boot Camp includes a research project
Course Fee: 717.28 GBP for blended learning; 485.27 GBP for self-paced learning
Course Duration: 800 plus hours of learning segregated in different ways
Mode of Learning: Online
- Module 1: Programming Essentials and Introduction to Website.
- Module 2: MS Excel Basics.
- Module 3: SQL (Structured Query Language) Programming Basics.
- Module 4: NoSQL Programming Basics.
- Module 5: Mathematics and Statistical Concepts (Probability) and Foundation.
- Module 6: Python Programming for Data Science.
- Module 7: Machine Learning (Supervised and Unsupervised) for Data Science.
- Module 8: Deep Learning with Keras and Tensorflow.
- Module 9: NLP (Natural Language Processing).
- Module 10: Model Positioning or Modeling on Cloud.
- More than 124 hours of instructor-led training.
- More than 280 hours of self-paced learning (on demand).
- More than 400 hours of hands-on learning in a cloud laboratory.
- Six capstone projects to learn practical skills and polish theoretical concepts.
- Ten case studies for real-time life experience.
- Immersive learning platform.
Itinerary of the Course:
Pre-boot camp / Boot camp
- Six capstone projects.
- More than 100 exercises.
- 73 auto-graded assessments.
- More than 280 hours of self-paced learning.
- More than 400 hours of hands-on experience with a cloud lab.
- More than 124 hours of live instructor-led training.
- Resume making.
- Mock interviews.
- Portfolio advise.
- Enhancement of presentation skills.
Email: [email protected]
7. Data Analytics Courses in Birmingham – Learnbay
This data analytics course provides elaborate explanations of various concepts. Previous students have got jobs in different multinational companies. This is an Indian-based institution providing professional data analytics courses through virtual mode. Birmingham students who want to upgrade their job in data analytics can pursue this course.
Course Name: Data Analytics Course
Course Fee: 704.35 GBP plus taxes
Course Duration: more than 180 hours of learning
Mode of Learning: Online
Introductory Module: Mathematics + Programming
- Orientation on Data Analytics.
- Code Editor Basics in Python.
- Python Programming Basics.
- Statistical Methods and Probability.
Module 1: Python in Data Science
- Python Programming Language.
- Python Introduction and Basics.
- Conditional and Loop Statements.
- Python Programming Concepts.
- Expectation Handling.
- Different Modules in Python.
- File Handling.
- Regular Expressions.
- NumPy in Python.
- Pandas in Python.
- Matplotlib in Python.
- Seaborn in Python.
- Other Data Visualization Libraries include Plotly, Pygal, Geopltlib, etc…
Module 2: Applied Statistical Techniques
- Probability Theory and Statistical Inferences (4 hours).
- Statistics and Foundation Techniques.
- Hypothesis Testing and its Applications.
- Exploratory Data Analysis and the art of storytelling.
Module 3: Advanced Machine Learning Techniques
- Primer on Machine Learning (3 hours).
- Regression Techniques.
- K means (clustering techniques).
- k-NN (K-Nearest Neighbor algorithm).
- Advanced Regression Models.
- Decision Trees.
- Ensemble Techniques.
- Forecasting- Time Series Analysis.
- Machine Learning Pipeline and Auto Machine Learning.
Module 4: Deep Learning in Data Science
- Neural Networks.
- Tensor Flow.
- Deep Neural Networks.
- Convolutional Neural Networks.
- Recurrent Neural Networks and Long Short-term Memory (LSTMs) (useful techniques in deep learning and artificial intelligence).
- Restricted Boltzmann Machines and Autoencoders.
Module 5: NLP (Natural Language Processing)
- Language Modeling.
- Vector Space Models.
- Sequence to Sequence Tasks.
- Capstone Projects.
Module 6: Reinforcement Learning
- Markov Decision Processes (MDP).
- Dynamic Programming Language.
- Monte Carlo Control.
- Temporal Difference (TD) Learning.
- Approximation Methods.
Module 7: Computer Vision.
- Transfer Learning.
- R-NN (regions with Convolutional Neural Networks algorithm).
- FCN (Fully Conventional Networks) architecture.
- IoU and Dice Score.
- Face Detection.
Module 8: Artificial Intelligence (AI) Explanation, Risk Analysis, and Risk Management
- Risk Analysis.
- Management of privacy risks.
- Encryption (homomorphic) and Zero-knowledge models.
- Accountability Risk Management.
- Risk Transparency and Management.
Module 9: Data Science and Analytics Tools
- SQL (Structured Query Language).
- Power BI.
- Modeling Tools.
- Project on Swiggy marketing campaign.
- BOSCH project on internal failures.
- Resale Project in BMW.
- Walmart Sales Forecasting Project.
- Healthcare app performance measurement project in Samsung.
- Identification of successful projects in e-commerce.
- Netflix project.
- Consistency check project under IBM.
Phone: +91 96069 50936
Email: [email protected]
- Data Analytics Courses in New Zealand
- Data Analytics Courses in Canada
- Data Analytics Courses in Dubai
- Data Analytics Courses in Zurich
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q1. In the UK, how much can data analysts earn?
- The entry-level data analyst’s salary ranges between 23,000 GBP to 25,000 GBP per annum.
- The junior-level data analyst can earn 26,236 GBP per annum.
- The median level data analyst salary ranges between 25,000 GBP to 30,000 GBP per annum.
- The higher-level data analyst’s salary ranges from 30,000 GBP to 35,000 GBP per annum.
Q2. Can I take data analytics Courses in Birmingham without a degree?
Yes, you can. Data analytics is a technical field. But you don’t have to go to a regular undergraduate or postgraduate degree. You can learn from the above-mentioned institutes which provide certificate courses. Because data analytics techniques and tools are different for non-technical people. So, one can undergo certificate courses to become a data analyst. In addition to certification, you can read the data analytics book to detail grab the concepts.
Q3. Are data analytics courses in Birmingham hard?
No, it is not hard so easy. It doesn’t require hard coding, but data analysts should learn to handle software tools like Tableau, Excel, and Power BI, and programming languages like Python and R Programming.
Conclusion on the best data analytics courses in Birmingham:
Thus, from the content, you have learned the concepts, importance, and data analytics courses in Birmingham. Data analytics is one of the emerging technologies all over the world. These courses are bringing all the countries on the same platform. The courses mentioned here have given you an elaborate view and understanding of the data analytics and data analytics courses.