Top 7 Business Analytics Courses In The Philippines
Do you know the world of business analytics has increased with the advancement of technology? People all over the world understand that business analytics is a rising profession in today’s world. This profession gives a lot of opportunities in the field of technology. In this article, we have shared the definition of business analytics, its types, tools used in business analytics, career opportunities, and eligibility criteria to become a business analyst. Also, we have shared the top 7 business analytics courses in The Philippines that will give you a clear idea about the courses and after doing a thorough research, you will get to know which of the courses is perfect for you.
We will look into the syllabus, main components, scope and other details of business analytics here.
Syllabus of Business Analytics
- Principles of Management
- Management Concept
- Business Communication and Business Informatics
- Principles of Marketing
- Business Economics
- HRM and Quantitative Methods
- Business World Exposure
- Production and Operations Management
- Project Planning and Management
- Mathematical Optimization
- Supply chain and marketing analytics
- Entrepreneurship Development
- Business and Cyber Law
- Industrial Research Project
Main Components of Business Analytics
- Roadmap and Consistency Check
- Data Acquisition
- Data Security or Data Protection
- Data Governance or Standards
- Insights and Interdependence
- Data Visualization
- Data Optimization
- Data Storage
Scope of Business Analytics
The scope of business analytics is increasing, and it plays a vital role in the business world. A degree in this field is a must for upgrading your future career and opening up new avenues. The scope of a business analyst is expanding to various sectors including health, sales, public industries, IT industries, etc. The future scope looks very promising in this profession. This field will help you a lot to develop your skills as well as knowledge after completing your course. With technology, this industry has grown enormously. You must join the course if you have a keen interest in dealing with numbers and have a penchant to solve mathematical calculations.
Tools used in Business Analytics Courses
There are various tools used in business analytics courses that play pivotal roles in the business to find the objective of the business by analyzing data for the future betterment of the business. The tools are Dundas BI, Qlik, Tibco Spotfire, Splunk, Sisense, Excel, Python, Tableau, Power BI, R, etc.
- Dundas BI – It is a business analytics tool to find trends in a business.
- Qlik-It is a tool that helps in analyzing the organization. It helps in data visualization and also provides a dashboard to get insights into the business.
- Tibco Spotfire – It is a powerful, unstructured text analytics that tool helps in business analytics.
- Splunk – It is a user interface that helps with data visualization features.
- Sisense – It is a text analysis feature for data warehousing.
- Excel- Excel is a basic and important business analytics tool to synthesize data. You can access charts, tables, graphs, formulas, etc. conclude from huge data sets.
- Python – Python is a programming language used for its flexibility to analyze data sets. It also has a plethora of libraries known as Pandas (Python Data Analysis Library).
- Tableau- It is another tool to analyze and visualize data from huge data sets. Like other analytics tools, it also provides smart dashboards to analyze data.
- Power BI- It is a tool for business analysis. It is a Microsoft tool, and it gathers large data from various sources of business and analyzes data with the help of charts, infographics, graphs, and tools, etc.
- R- R is used for statistical analysis. It also has several libraries to analyze data.
Here We Have Shared the Top 7 Business Analytics Courses in the Philippines for You
1. The University of Asia and the Pacific (Bachelor of Science in Business Administration major in Management with Specialization in Business Analytics)
The University of Asia and the Pacific offers one of the best business analytics courses in The Philippines. The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with specialization in Business Analytics (BSBA-BA) Program is a four-year course that prepares students to work in the world of business analytics. BSBA-BA provides students with different ways of storing data and using different methods how to handle it.
Under the BSBA-BA Program, students undergo an intense curriculum that prepared them to be future leaders ready to face the challenges of handling big data. The curriculum also allows students to kick-start their career in Business Analytics with an opportunity of meeting and being taught by experts from companies handling big data in the world of business analytics.
Core Subjects (Starting 2nd Year):
BSBA Core Subjects
- 15 Units Business Analytics Subjects
- Fundamentals of Business Analytics (3 units)
- Fundamentals of Data Warehousing (3 units)
- Fundamentals of Descriptive Analytics (3 units)
- Fundamentals of Predictive Analytics (3 units)
- Fundamentals of Prescriptive Analytics (3 units)
- 6 Units Internship in Business Analytics
Key Features of the Course:
- The students of BSBA-BA are enabled to collect, use, manage, and manipulate data to get insights for decision-making.
- The learners interact with the best faculties composed of experienced corporate professionals and academic professors from the School of Management and the School of Sciences and Engineering.
- The students will be provided with a meaningful internship experience with companies focusing on Business Analytics.
- This will also provide students with absorption to companies to work with real business analytics projects.
Duration of the course: 4 years
2. Mapua University
Mapua University offers one of the best business analytics courses in The Philippines. The curriculum of the course is huge. The master’s in business Analytics (MAN) program (Blended only) is a professional master’s degree that focuses on the applications of business analytics.
MAN aims to help students to understand and solve business analytics problems using appropriate business analytics techniques and tools. They can understand the basic skills and knowledge after attending the course with the help of professionals.
MAN201 (Statistical Analysis and Fundamentals of Analytics)
- This course introduces mathematical statistics, summary statistics, and sample statistics.
- Probability and probability distributions.
- Sampling distributions and tests of significance.
- Multiple variables
- Correlation and regression.
- Bayes’ theorem and Bayesian statistics.
- History of Analytics, Inferential Statistics, Hypothesis Testing, Correlation, Regression Analysis.
Other Courses in the Philippines:
- Digital Marketing Courses in the Philippines
- Technical Writing Courses in the Philippines
- Creative Writing Courses in the Philippines
- Content Writing Courses in the Philippines
MAN202 (Programming 1: Introduction to Analytical Tools)
- This course introduces various programming tools.
- It covers the fundamentals of SQL.
- This course introduces Analytical tools in SAS Enterprise Guide.
- This course introduces other Analytical software.
- Tools like Python, R Language, MATLAB, Power BI, SAS.
MAN203 (Programming II: Application of Analytics)
- This course starts by giving an overview of the steps in a practical business setting.
- After discussing the key data pre-processing activities, this course elaborates on how you can efficiently use both predictive and descriptive analytics.
- Examples of business applications that are covered include credit scoring and risk modeling, market basket analysis and cross-selling, customer lifetime value modeling, and Web intelligence.
- Students receive practical advice on how to put all the analytical tools.
- The class focuses on different analytical concepts.
- Data Visualization, Dashboarding, Customer Retention, Response Modelling, and Market Basket Analysis.
MAN204 (Data Analysis and Design)
- This course critically analyses methods of dealing with both internal and external data available to organizations.
- This includes data sourced from the cloud.
- Students will apply data modeling techniques and data design strategies to solve problems in the time of decision-making.
- Levels of Analytics, Analytics Lifecycle, Data Visualization, Statistical Analysis, Predictive Modelling, and Optimization.
MAN205 (Data Integration and Warehousing)
- This course gives an introduction to methods for the development of data warehouses.
- Modeling and design of data warehouses.
- Big Data Querying and Reporting.
- Data Access and Management
- Data Cleaning.
MAN206 (Predictive Modelling and Machine Learning)
- This course introduces concepts in predictive analytics. It is the most prevalent form of data mining. This course covers the two core paradigms of predictive modeling. Those are classification and prediction.
- Data Mining such as Decision Trees, Clustering, Time Series and Forecasting, Survival Analysis, Risk Analytics, Financial Analytics, and Text Mining.
MAN207 (Prescriptive Analytics)
- This course will focus on how optimization techniques can be used to make decisions.
- It will be on the formulation of different optimization problems.
- Linear Programming, Multi-objective programming, Large Scale Linear Programming.
MAN208 (Professional Issues and Social Concerns)
- The course introduces ethical theories.
- It provides discussions on the ethical issues facing IT practitioners.
- It also includes data privacy, ethical, moral, and legal issues.
MAN209 (Strategic Management)
- This course introduces the key concepts, tools, and competitive analysis.
- The course is focused on information, analyses, organizational processes, and skills, and to position their businesses.
- Strategic Management and Leadership, External Analysis, Internal Analysis and Business level Strategies, International Strategy, Corporate Governance, and Strategic Entrepreneurship.
MAN210 (Special Topics in Business Analytics)
- This course provides students to be coached by industry experts on the application of analytics using emerging technologies.
- This course provides the students to learn from industry practitioners to real-life applications of analytics.
MAN300-1 (Master’s Capstone Project 1)
- The company helps to enhance knowledge.
- The company will provide business problems.
- Students analyze data and prepare for finding solutions.
MAN300-2 (Master’s Capstone Project 2)
In this course, the student will present the final output of their project to the sponsoring company.
Key Features of this Course:
- The ability to build analytical models.
- The ability to design a process for solving business problems.
- The ability to use machine learning to make business decisions.
- The ability to visualize data for analysis.
- The ability to collaborate within teams of the organization.
- The ability to deliver data analysis.
- The ability to provide data science activities.
- The ability to apply problem-solving strategies to make business decisions.
You Can Check Out the Other Best Courses in India for Career Opportunities That Will Suit You to Develop from Inside
- Content Writing Course Review
- GST Course for Graduates in India
- SEO Courses in India
- Digital Marketing Course Training In Bangalore
- Best Technical Writing Courses
- Best Financial Modeling Courses
- Creative Writing Courses
3. 360 DigiTMG
360 DigiTMG provides one of the best online Business Analytics Courses in The Philippines. They offer 72 hours of classroom and online sessions, 100+ hours of practical assignments, 2 Capstone live projects.
- Data Science, Programming and Artificial Intelligence
- Hypothesis Testing and Simple Linear Regression
- Linear Regression
- Data Mining Unsupervised and Supervised
- Black Box Technique
- Data Visualization through Tableau and Graphs
- Visual Analysis in-depth
- Calculations, dashboards, Linear Regression
The program also includes unlimited mock interview and quiz sessions, lifetime LMS Access, Resume and LinkedIn Review Sessions, live free webinars, and job placements in business analytics fields. They will provide a certificate after the completion of the course. You will also get trained by trainers from ISB, IIT & IIM.
Duration of the Course: 4 months
Professional Courses from IIM SKILLS
- Digital Marketing Course
- SEO Course
- Technical Writing Course
- GST Course
- Content Writing Course
- Financial Modeling Course
- Business Accounting And Taxation Course
- CAT Coaching
Simplilearn is a leading online institute that offers Business Analytics Courses in The Philippines. Through a partnership with IBM, it offers a master’s Program for business analytics courses. The course is designed to train you in various modules such as tableau training, data analysis and visualization with Python, Business Analyst Capstone, and mathematical optimization for business problems.
Tools like Excel, Power BI, My SQL, EXIN Agile, etc. are covered in this course.
The fee structure is Rs. 54,000/- including all taxes.
Duration of the course: 12 months
upGrad provides one of the best online Business Analytics courses in The Philippines. It offers 100+ hours of learning, 3+ case studies, projects, and live sessions. The tools covered in this program are Tableau, Excel, Python, and My SQL. The program is divided into three courses. They are Course 1 (Business Problem Solving, Insights and Storytelling), Course 2 (Exploratory Data Analysis and Statistics & Optimization), and Course 3 (Predictive Analysis).
The certification of this online course is offered by the University of Maryland’s Robert H. Smith School of Business.
The fee structure is Rs. 25,000/- including all taxes.
Duration of the course: 3 months
- Importance of Business Analytics
- Business Analytics Trends
- Business Analyst Skills
- Business Analytics Jobs
- Business Analytics Career
- Business Analytics Books
- Business Analytics Tools
Coursera is a leading online institute that offers Business Analytics Courses in The Philippines. The course is thought of as Business Analytics Specialization. The duration of the course is 6 months approx. with 3 hours/week.
You will learn numerous technical skills such as information recruiting, performance evaluation, model supply and determination for business issues, and solving business problems with data-driven decision-making. After the completion of the course, the learners will get a certificate from Coursera.
7. Henry Harvin
Henry Harvin offers one of the best Business Analytics Courses in The Philippines. The course is known as Certified Business Analytics Practitioner (CBAP) is a focused 32-hour instructor-led training.
- Understand various aspects of data collection.
- Communicate business objectives to evaluate the results of data analysis better.
- Understand analytics-based financial decisions.
- Take data-driven decisions to develop business precision.
The Course Also Provides Hands-on Practical Experience Including Covering 5+ Projects. These Are:
- Sales: Predicting Department wise Sales
- Multi-Domain: Business Analytics Optimization
- Marketing: Website Trend Analysis
- Financial Analysis: Stock Market Prediction
- Finance: Analyze ETF Trends
- The course gives opportunities to get promoted in the current profile with the most in-demand skills.
- You will get a chance to create your portfolio for upcoming interviews.
- The program supports a start-up with high ROI.
- You will earn a certification known as a ‘Certified Business Analytics Practitioner’ (CBAP).
- The course offers 24 hours of brush-up sessions+ 50 hours of e-learning access.
- Module 1: Analytics
- Module 2: Introduction to R Programming
- Module 3: Data Structures and Operators
- Module 4: Data Management
- Module 5: Apply Functions in R
- Module 6: Aggregate and Table Functions
- Module 7: Data Manipulation in R
- Module 8: Graphs
- Module 9: Advanced Graphs
- Module 10: Linear Regression
- Business Analyst Online Courses
- Business Analyst Certifications In India
- Business Analytics Examples
- How to Become A Business Analyst
- Investment Banks In India
- Business Analytics Courses for Beginners
FAQs About Business Analytics Courses in The Philippines
Q1. Which is one of the best business analytics courses in The Philippines?
The above-mentioned business analytics courses are in great demand in The Philippines, and we highly recommend these courses to learners who want to come in this field. You can apply for any above-mentioned courses after doing research. We can assure you that each institution we have mentioned offers the course are trustworthy.
Q2. Who can enroll in business analytics courses in The Philippines?
Any aspirant who wants to become a business analyst can enroll in a business analytics course in The Philippines. Any graduate can pursue business analytics. However, it will be an enormous help if anyone is from Science, Commerce, and Engineering background as they have experience in maths and statistics at a higher level.
Q3. Is MBA mandatory for doing a business analytics course in The Philippines?
It is not mandatory to do business analytics courses in The Philippines. But if you have an MBA degree, it will be a plus point for you. In The Philippines, the demand for business analysts becomes high if they hold an MBA degree. Many companies are recruiting business analysts to formulate their decision-making in business.
Q4. What is the business analysts’ salary?
It depends on a business analyst’s experience. In The Philippines, an excellent business analyst earns an average ₱40,000 per month.
Q5. Which skills are required to pursue business analytics courses in The Philippines?
The required skills are technical skills, analytical skills, communication skills, problem-solving skills, leadership skills, time management skills, organizational skills, etc.
Q6. What are the challenges of business analysts?
- A sharp and shrewd mind is mandatory. It might be a challenge sometimes.
- This job has high expectations from all the departments, and it is hard to satisfy all in the organization.
- All the approaches are not welcomed, and there are a lot of chances of conflicts among the stakeholders.
- Documentation of the complete information is hard and securing the information even becomes harder sometimes.
The above-mentioned top 7 business analytics courses in The Philippines are in great demand both for domestic as well as for international students. Big companies hire experienced business analysts to develop their future precision in business. If you are from The Philippines, the above-mentioned institutes are the best place to study business analytics. The institutes offer certification programs to get a plethora of jobs once you complete the course from any of the institutes. It is perfect for you if you have outstanding skills in analyzing data, generating solutions, and handling clients at the same time.
These courses offer practical outstanding business analysis via assignments, learning materials, and of course both classroom and online classes. They also offer demo classes. The Philippines is now a place of technology where various industries have been set up. You must possess technical skills, leadership qualities, soft skills, and many more that will help you enormously to establish yourself as a successful business analyst. The curriculum for these courses is not only huge but also practical.
From every student to professional, these courses will help to understand theoretical as well as practical skills. All big companies all over the world hire experienced business analysts to develop their businesses and become first in the future. Your job is to work in those companies to make their business in a better position by solving business problems by analyzing for decision-making. This article will give you an insight of business analyst courses.