9 Best Computer Courses That Will Boost Your Career And Get A Job
Are you planning on a career in computers? Take a look at this list of some of the best computer courses that you can choose from and get a degree from the convenience of your home.
The widespread use of computers and the internet has made the world a much smaller place. It connects people across the globe and provides incredible growth opportunities to individuals as well as businesses. Whether the use of computers is a boon or a bane remains debatable. But there is no second opinion about the fact that computers are the future.
This is the reason why computer courses are being introduced in the school curriculum as well so that students are familiarized with the formal use of computers from a young age. Although kids these days are no strangers to the use of technology through the use of mobile phones, it wasn’t always this way. Computers at one time used to be a luxury and the internet was a far-fetched dream.
Let’s take a brief look at the history of computers and why choosing one of the best computer courses could change the future.
- It was in the 1930s that the first computer was created
- Since the 1930s, there has been a drastic change in the evolution of computers
- In the 1960s, computers came to be used for personal purposes as well rather than just professional work and crunching numbers
- In the 1980s, Apple introduced Macintosh and changed the face of technology
- Since then, computers started becoming a household requirement, rather than a luxury
- And today, we cannot imagine a world without computers. It is the future.
With an increase in the dependence on computers and automation in our day-to-day activities, professionals with s relevant degrees and expertise in computers are much sought after.
Learn the essentials of blog writing with the Best Content Writing Course
Best Computer Courses:
Let’s take a look at the nine best computer courses that can change your professional life:
1. Data Science
‘Data Scientist’ has become a fancy job which has gained importance in recent times. The fact is that today, everything is data and data is everything. And someone who can work with data to create meaningful information is much sought after. But what is data science and what does a data scientist do? Let’s take a look at what entails the role of a data scientist, the skills required and what would you be doing if you choose this field.
A data scientist is a person who is able to extract meaningful information from a large amount of available unstructured data using scientific methods such as statistical techniques, programming languages, software packages, and various algorithms. With the insights uncovered by data scientists, businesses can drive decisions and take actions to achieve their intended business goals.
Along with some other skills and expertise, below are the four fundamental areas where expertise is required for a data scientist:
- Mathematics (includes statistics and probability)
- Computer science (related to software as well as data architecture and engineering)
- Communication (both verbal and written)
Learn in-depth SEO techniques with the Top Digital Marketing Course
Here is a brief list of some of the things which are commonly required to be done by data scientists:
- Forecasts- For example, Sales and revenue of companies based on data available
- Recommendations and Suggestions- For example, Suggestions by Amazon, Flipkart et cetera
- Classification- For instance, classification of data into spam and not spam
- Prediction- Predict a value based on available data inputs
- Detection of anomalies- For example, Detection of fraud and fraudulent activities
- Recognition- For example, Facial recognition, image, text, audio, video, facial et cetera
- Actionable insights- For instance, through dashboards, reports et cetera
- Process automation and decision-making- Such as credit card approvals
- Segmentation- For instance marketing based on demographics
- Optimization- For example, data optimization for risk management
All these deliverables are intended to meet specific business goals, address and solve specific issues and problems. For instance, a business might plan to make use of a prediction engine for achieving the goal of increasing revenue and in turn get higher profits. As a data scientist, you would be required to have a fairly good understanding of how businesses work in general and how the company’s data can be used in productivity to achieve its business goals.
This is one of the highly in-demand degrees, which makes it one of the best computer courses. Here are some of the options for courses available on data science:
- Greatlearning. in
Know about the Top 10 Digital Marketing Courses in Ghaziabad
2. Data Analyst
Another one of the best computer courses in data analytics. The job of a data analyst is to work with a large amount of data, assign numerical values to some of the important business functions so that the business performance can be assessed. But a data analyst’s job is not just looking at numbers.
The job involves analyzing these numbers to identify inefficiencies in businesses and address them so that the managers, executives, and stakeholders can make more informed decisions. This is why the role of a data analyst is highly in demand. A degree in data analytics will equip the students with knowledge about software programs, programming languages, and database languages. These functions are very important and vital to the day-to-day work of a data analyst.
Now, what does a data analyst do? The answer to this question may vary depending upon the type of the organization and the extent to which companies have adapted data-driven analytics and decision-making practices. Analysts can use data sets to analyze the internal and external factors, competition, strengths, and weaknesses of the business that help stakeholders make informed decisions.
You may be interested in the article Top 10 Digital Marketing Courses in Indore
Here’s a broad list of the responsibilities of a data analyst:
- Designing databases and data systems and maintaining them, which would include fixing coding errors and other data-related issues
- Data mining from various sources, organizing it in a structured format so that it can be interpreted easily
- Using statistical tools to interpret data that help to make informed decisions by analyzing trends and patterns
- Preparing reports for the leadership team using relevant data sets
- A big part of a data analyst’s job is to collaborate with engineers, programmers, and team leaders to identify opportunities, recommend modifications and develop policies
Want to learn the complex elements of GST. Sign up for the best GST Course From IIM SKILLS.
Difference between Data Analyst and Data Scientist:
- A data analyst works with an organization’s unstructured data sets and draws out organized information so that stakeholders can understand relevant data in strategic decision-making processes. To become a data analyst you would need an undergraduate or master’s degree in analytics, computer science, or mathematics.
- A data scientist on the other hand works with the visualizations created by data analysts and takes it a step further to identify trends, opportunities, weaknesses, and competitors for the organization. This also requires a background in computer science and mathematics.
- At startups and other small organizations, there is a possibility that a data analyst might get to take on some of the decision-making responsibilities of a data scientist.
3. Big Data Analytics
Big data analytics is the complex process of analyzing and examining big data to decipher information such as hidden patterns, correlations, market trends, and customer preferences, which help organizations to make informed business decisions.
Importance of big data analytics:
Big data analytics and software are used by organizations to make informed decisions that are data-driven and can improve business outcomes resulting in:
- Effective marketing
- New revenue opportunities
- Improved operational efficiency
- Customer personalization and satisfaction
- And better profitability
Through the use of big data analytics and effective business strategies, companies can expect a competitive advantage over their business rivals.
Following are some of the tools and technologies used in big data analytics :
- Predictive analytics hardware and software
- Stream analytics tools
- NoSQL databases
- Data warehouse
- Data virtualization
Here are some of the examples of how big data analytics can be useful to organizations:
- Targeted advertisement
- Product development
- Customer acquisition
- Customer retention
- Price optimization
- Supply chain analytics
- Cost savings
- To develop risk management strategies
- Improved decision-making
- Quickly analyzing large amounts of data
Market insights for better understanding customer needs and sentiments
These days everything is online. Whether it’s our photographs, important, sensitive personal and official documents, or bank details- everything is cloud-based. This has some obvious advantages such as:
- Having a backup for our data
- Data is accessible anywhere at anytime
However, it also makes our data more vulnerable and prone to external threats and hackers. So naturally, this increases the need for specialists to counter these threats and cybercriminals, now more than ever, and makes this one of the most sought-after and best computer courses out there.
All around the world, big corporations, as well as Governments, are placing a lot of emphasis on data security and protection. Right from sensitive information about companies that may affect their credibility to top-secret Government information which may have massive global implications, everything, and everyone is under constant invasive threats of data breach and information theft.
Gone are those days when one could solely depend on system firewalls and run-of-the-mill antivirus for their data protection. Everyone is investing in high-tech security systems and hiring teams of experts to maintain the sanctity of their information, which if reached into the wrong hands could wreak havoc. This is where a degree in cybersecurity will help you get into this well-in-demand market of specialists.
What does a cybersecurity specialist do?
When a new system, data center, or software is being developed, the role of a cybersecurity specialist is to design various strategies to be implemented for developing and maintaining system security. They also form part of a team that is dedicated to protecting the integrity of the system from various risks, threats, and vulnerabilities by monitoring, analyzing, investigating, and responding to security events.
Here are some of the courses offered in cybersecurity:
5. Web Designing
Imagine if you typed a website address and all you found was numbers and codes that you couldn’t make sense of. What would that be like? Confusing, right? This is why web designing is important. Web designing encompasses various aspects of website development and maintenance -from web graphic design and user interface design to coding and search engine optimization.
There are big companies that have high-tech websites that need to be designed as well as maintained from time to time. High job demand and good prospects make web designing one of the best computer courses.
The job of a web designer primarily involves the following:
- Designing web pages
- Conducting website testing
- Optimizing the website for maximum speed and performance
- Providing internal support and external customer service through the development and launch of the website
- Liasoning with back-end developers, working with marketing and research teams for implementation of brand elements in the website
A web designer is required to be proficient in the following software:
- API web integration
- Adobe suite
Here is a list of some of the online courses available on web designing:
6. Search Engine Optimization
Today everything is online. Need an answer to a question? Just type the question and there it is! Say you want to find Italian restaurants nearby and you type this question on the search engine. You instantly get a list of restaurants. It’s almost like magic. But have you ever wondered why some of these results appear on top and the rest of them are at the bottom? Well, this is where Search Engine Optimization or SEO comes into play.
Search Engines like Google or Bing collect information from various websites and using algorithms, these websites are ranked on the search engines based on various search factors. This is a very important marketing tool for organizations these days. Whether a small startup or a big conglomerate, everyone uses SEO as part of their marketing strategy to maximize customer reach.
So, naturally, if you have expertise on this subject, you will be in demand. You can find a plethora of information on SEO on the internet today. You can also read this article by Search Engine Land for a detailed understanding of SEO.
Also, below are some of the courses available on SEO:
Once you have gained some knowledge on the subject of search engine optimization and understand how search engines work, it will open up new career avenues for you to choose from, which is why this is also one of the best computer courses.
VFX Training And Character Animation
Do you think animation, visual effects, and graphics designing are cool? Would you like to get paid for designing video games and cartoons? Then this is the course for you.
Difference between Animation and VFX
‘Animation’ is applied to sketches, drawings, and pictures using computer software to create the illusion of moving pictures as we see in cartoons and animated movies. ‘VFX’ is the visual effects technique that is applied to real things like humans, frames, and footage to create a live scene.
What makes this one of the best computer courses is that it allows you to express your creativity through animations and graphics designing using various tools and technology. You will learn how to apply these tools for designing high-quality graphics for cartoons, movies, games, television shows, and even websites. The average duration of this course spans over one to three years and the fees could range between INR 15000 to 50000 annually depending upon the course you choose.
To get admission in this course, candidates must have completed 12th standard board exams with a minimum of 60 percent marks, or in some cases, you only need to be a 10th standard pass out. Once you have earned a degree/diploma in this field, you can get an opportunity in the following industries:
- Gaming companies
- Production houses
- Film industry
- TV channels
- Photography studios
Here are a few options that offer these courses:
7. Software Development
Software development involves the use of computer science in designing, developing, and supporting the creation of software. Softwares can be of the following categories:
- Programming software
- System software
- Application software
- Embedded software
Software developers are closely involved with the specific project areas and the overall software development lifecycle. This includes writing code, managing development teams, conducting software testing et cetera.
These are the 6 key steps involved in the cycle of software development that require the involvement of a software developer:
- To identify needs: This step involves extensive market research to check the viability of the software before it is developed, based on strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities of the product
- Requirement analysis: The second phase is about analyzing the user and stakeholder requirements and specifications to deliver a quality product.
- Design: This stage specifies the architectural design of the software, and front-end representation, as well as user, flows of the product.
- Development and implementation: Based on the previous stages the design and other parameters of the software are developed and implemented.
- Testing: The software is then tested for any bugs post-implementation.
- Deployment and maintenance: Once the software proves to be free of bugs and defects, the software is delivered to the customers and a team is formed for its maintenance.
If you’ve ever been intrigued by the anatomy of a computer and are interested in finding out how the different parts of the computer are interconnected, this is the course for you. Anywhere there is a computer, there is a requirement for a computer engineer and the use of the internet requires an understanding of the network, which makes this one of the best computer courses.
8. Computer Hardware Engineering And Networking
Hardware engineering is the study of the various components and parts that make up the computer system. Networking is the study of the exchange of data or information between computers, which could be either using cable media or wireless media. The Internet is the best example of computer networking.
There are various courses to choose from in this field post 12th standards such as Diploma in computer hardware and networking, BSc in Hardware and networking, BCA in computer hardware and networking. You can also opt for a Master’s degree post-graduation.
This field has huge career opportunities, whether in private organizations, large corporations, or government organizations, owing to extensive use of computers, desktops, laptops, mobile phones, and the internet throughout the world.
It is human nature to adapt to change. The world is witnessing a technological breakthrough every other day. And at the heart of every technology is the use of computers. Over the past decade, we have witnessed a tremendous amount of evolution in the use of computers.
From the big, bulky boxes to sleek, slender designs and today our world runs on laptops and smartphones. So, the smart choice is to evolve with this change and someday, be a pioneer in change. This is possible if you have the knowledge, skillset, and the right degree in computers which will enable you to match steps with the ever-changing technology-driven world today.
Hopefully, this list of some of the best computer courses will help you make an informed decision about your career and your future. All the best!