Air Hostess Courses in India- Institutes, Career, and More!
Air Hostess Courses in India have become a new career trend for most young girls. Not only girls but even young males are also pursuing their careers in this stream. Air Hostess is otherwise called, Cabin crew, Flight attendants, etc.
The job is alluring and luxurious and requires pleasant behavior. However, to pursue a career in this stream, the students must meet the eligibility criteria. The flight attendant is the start of the airline career. So, in this article, candidates can get details regarding Air Hostess education qualification, eligibility, career prospects, etc. Therefore, go through the article carefully.
Highlights of the Air Hostess Education in India
In this article, candidates can check all the details they want to know about the cabin crew courses in India. So, candidates can check the following information-
- Job Profile and Skills required for an air hostess.
- Eligibility of an Air Hostess.
- Top Air Hostess institutes in India.
- Course fees of air hostess training.
- The admission process of an air hostess.
- Career and Salary of a flight attendant or an air hostess.
Create your own lucrative blog with the Best Content Writing Course
About Air hostess course in India
Air Hostess is otherwise called Flight Attendant or Cabin crew. It plays one of the primary roles in the aviation industry. These people are responsible to provide comfort and safety to the people. The air hostess needs to have good communication skills, with a pleasant personality.
Apart from that, they also check all the emergency arrangements before taking off and landing the flight. However, the Air Hostess job profile works under certain rules and regulations.
- No member can fly more than 72 hours in a month.
- An air hostess can marry if they have served four years in the service.
Learn proactive Social Media Marketing with the Top Digital Marketing Course
Who can apply for Air Hostess courses in India?
To become an air hostess, the candidates need to meet the eligibility criteria. Many institutes offer courses in aviation background. To study air hostess, candidates can pursue a certificate, diploma, or degree courses (as per their preference).
Thus, the eligibility criteria for air hostess education are-
- The applicant must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board.
- A candidate with an undergraduate degree in aviation is also eligible for the Air Hostess course admission.
- The age limit of the candidate must be between 17 to 26 years.
- The minimum height of the applicant must be 5 feet 2 inches.
- The applicant must be unmarried at the time of applying for the course.
- They must have good eyesight with 6/6 vision in each eye.
- The candidate must have basic English knowledge with a pleasing personality.
If a candidate meets all the above criteria, then he or she can apply for the course, in the best air hostess training institutes in India.
Find out the top Digital Marketing Courses in Raipur
What are the skill sets required to become an Air Hostess in India?
To understand the skill set of a flight attendant, let’s divide it into three sections – Physical, Medical, and Personality. Other than the eligibility, the selection of the candidates takes place based on the above three factors. so, let’s discuss it in detail-
- The minimum height of a female candidate must be 157 cm. Whereas, the height of the male candidate must be 170 cm.
- The weight of the applicant must be proportionate.
- Must be able to swim 25 meters.
- He/she must be physically fit and must have good and healthy skin.
- The applicant must not have had any mental illness in the past.
- The eyesight must be clear. The minimum eyesight requirement is 6/6 vision in each eye.
- The candidate must not have any cardiovascular disease.
Personality and Communication skills
The candidate must have the following attributes-
- Pleasing personality with good communication skills.
- Pride in appearance
- Punctual in nature
- Fluency in a foreign language.
- Sense of responsibility
- Clear speech and voice
- Good sense of humor
- Must be a team player and must be patient.
- Must have a good presence of mind.
- He/She should have a positive attitude and be willing to work at flexible times.
You may like to read our article on the top Digital Marketing Courses in Varanasi
How to take admission or apply for Air Hostess Training?
There are no entrance tests required to get an air hostess job. Instead, the applicant has to undergo a few physical tests and a personal interview. If a candidate is willing to start their career in the aviation industry, then he or she can follow the steps provided below.
- Search for the best air hostess training institutes in India. Applicants can check in the next section below.
- Visit their website and apply for the course training.
- The institute then goes through the candidate’s profile and calls for an interview.
- If the applicant is selected, then she can make the fee payment and start the course.
- The institutes will train the students in various skills such as communication, swimming, grooming, etc.
- Then, the students can attend the on and off-campus placements and interviews to get selected for the Air Hostess Job.
Types of Air Hostess Courses in India
Several institutes offer various types of courses in Air Hostess. The courses are divided into three levels- Certificate, Diploma, Degree, and Postgraduate.
List of Air Hostess Certificate Courses offered in India
Duration extends from 6 months to 1 year for these courses. Hence, candidates can check the list of the courses below-
- Aviation and Hospitality Services
- Aviation Security and Safety
- Personality Development certificate courses
- Fare Ticketing Virgin Atlantic/GTMC Courses
- International Air Cargo
- Hospitality Travel and customer service
- Aviation management
- Night rating
- Air Hostess/Flight Purser
- Air Ticketing and Tourism
- Aviation Hospitality and Travel Management
- International Airlines and Travel Management
- Airport Ground Management
- Commercial and Private Pilot Training
Diploma Courses in Air Hostess Training
The list of the Diploma courses in Air Hostess training are as follows-
- Aviation and Hospital Management
- Air Hostess Training
- Professional Cabin Crew Courses
- Ground Staff Services
- Airport management and customer care
- Airlines and Travel Management
- Hospitality, Travel, and Customer care
Degree and Postgraduate Courses in Air Hostess Training
The duration of the degree courses is for three years. List of the courses-
- BBA and MBA in Aviation
- Post Grad. Diploma in Aviation, Travel, and Hospitality
- Postgraduate Diploma Aviation and Hospitality Services
Below, the students can check the Best Air Hostess Training Institutes in India. These institutes train and groom the students and make them job-ready. The institutes also provide the students with a certificate that can help them in future job applications. Hence, let’s check out the training institutes that provide cabin crew training in India.
|Air Hostess Academies in India||Location||Official Website|
|Frankfinn Inst. of Air Hostess Training||Multiple locations in India||frankfinn.com|
|Universal Aviation academy||Chennai||uniavaiation.com|
|Bombay Flying club college of aviation||Mumbai||bombayflyingclub.com|
|Center for Civil Aviation training||New Delhi||cae.com|
|Jet Airways Academy||Mumbai, Delhi, and Kolkata||–|
|Indigo Training Centre||Gurugram||–|
|Air Hostess Academy (AHA)||Bangalore, Chandigarh, Delhi||airhostessacademy.com|
|Ifly Training Academy Indigo, Gurgaon||Gurugram||interglobe.com|
|Indira Gandhi Institute of Aeronautics||Nagpur||igiaindia.in|
|Inst. for Personality Etiquette and Grooming||Chennai||–|
|Wings Air Hostess and Hospitality training||Gujarat|
Air Hostess Admission Process in Top Training Institutes of India
In this section, candidates can check out the admission procedure of various Air Hostess Institutes of India. Also, the applicants can check eligibility, address details, etc.
Frankfinn Institute of Air Hostess Training
This is one of the most known institutes in India that offer air hostess training. It was established in the year 1993. The institutes offer growth in all the sectors such as personality, and skills development. Frankfinn has more than 49 centers across the country.
It also has international centers in Dubai and Hong Kong. The Frankfinn Institute admission takes place every year. Also, it has many tie-ups with various airlines for on-campus placements. It also offers various certification courses to the students. The age limit of the applicant lies between 18 to 24 years.
Certificate Courses offered at Frankfinn Inst. of Air Hostess Training
The list of the courses along with the course duration and skills taught are mentioned below-
- Aviation, Hospitality, and Travel Management (11 months)
- Hospitality, Travel, and Customer service
- Aviation, Hospitality, Travel, and Customer service (Post Graduate)
- Aviation, Hospitality, and Travel Management.
- Hospital Management.
- Aviation and Hospitality Services (Post Graduate)
- Airport Ground Services (Post Graduate)
What are the skills taught at Frankfinn Air Hostess Training?
The skills that are taught at Frankfinn for air hostess courses are –
- Effective Communication skills
- English enhancer
- Hospitality with the computerized reservation system.
- Travel Management with the computerized reservation system.
- Personality development
- Customer relationship management.
- Interviewing skills
- Inflight familiarization (optional subject)
Universal Aviation Academy, Chennai Air Hostess Courses and Admission Procedure
This training institute is widely popular in offering courses in various fields such as – cabin crew or air hostess training, airport management, pilot training, etc. However, the selection of the courses takes place based on the criteria and interpersonal skills.
- The age limit of the courses must be 17 years and above.
- The minimum educational qualification must be +2, graduates, or postgraduate.
- Also, applicants must have good communication skills and personalities.
Jet Airways Training Academy
This academy has its centers in metro cities like Delhi, Mumbai, and Kolkata. The institute offers vigorous training with 100% placement opportunities. However, to apply for this course, the candidates must meet the following criteria.
- The aspirant must have completed the 12th class from a recognized board.
- The age limit of the candidate must be between 18 to 25 years.
The selection of the candidate takes place based on profile screening.
Courses offered at Jet Airways Training Academy
The list of the courses along with the course duration and skills taught are mentioned below-
- Airport and Travel Management (9 months)
- Airport and Hospitality Management (9 months)
- Cabin Crew and Hospitality Management (9 months)
Skills Taught at Jet Airways for Air Hostess Training
The skills that are covered for air hostess training at Jet Airways academy are –
- Language enhancement
- Accent neutralization
- Introduction to grammar
- GD and Debate sessions
- Audio and Video comprehension
- CV preparation
- Body Language and confidence building
- Workplace and corporate etiquette
- Interview handling
- Emotional intelligence
- Skin and Haircare
- Art of Makeup
- Formal and Casual look
- Elegant dressing
- Selection of outfit
- History of aviation
- Types of aircraft, aircraft exterior, and functions.
- In-flight announcements (in Hindi and English)
- Emergencies on Board safety equipment.
- Map reading skills.
- Aviation terminology and abbreviation.
- Theory of flight.
- Aviation Authorities & Role of State and Center.
- Classification of hotels.
- Introduction to Galileo Reservation System & Features.
- Encoding and decoding of cities, and countries.
- Aircraft types
- Important keys and symbols
- Types of Travel & Difference Between Them.
- Time Zones
- Domestic Ticketing and Routings.
- International Ticketing and Routings
- Itinerary Building Techniques
- International and Domestic Itineraries
Indigo Training Center
This training institute offers in-job training to the students. Candidates here are trained by Indigo professionals. Selected students also get a stipend of Rs 10, 000 to Rs 15000. per month. The eligibility criteria to get admission at Indigo Training Centre is as follows-
- The nationality of the candidate must be Indian and must have an Indian passport.
- The applicant must have good communication skills.
- The height of the applicant must be 155 cm and must have a proportionate weight.
Indira Gandhi Institute of Aeronautics (IGIA) Nagpur
This institute offers diploma courses in cabin crew and hospitality management. The course duration ranges from 1 to 3 years with vigorous training. Selection of the candidates takes place based on group discussion or personal interviews. The eligibility criteria to get Air Hostess admission at IGIA are-
- The age limit of the candidate must be between 17 to 26 years.
- Male and female both can apply for the course.
- The candidate must have passed class 12th.
- The height of the female applicants must be 157 cms and the male must be 170 cm.
- He/she must have good communication skills.
Some other institutes and colleges that offer Air Hostess Courses in India are –
- PTC Aviation Academy, Chennai, and Bangalore
- Avalon Academy, Dehradun
Air Hostess Academy ( Delhi and Bangalore)
The Air Hostess Academy has 26 branches in India. However, its most popular centers are in Delhi and Bangalore. The institute offers various courses in the aviation industry. Based on the performance, the students also get placed in various airlines like – Qatar Airlines, Indigo, Jet Airways, Paramount Airlines, etc.
Ambiance Fly Institute
The Ambience Aviation Institute provides courses as per the industry requirements. The university offers both short (foundation courses) and long-term courses (Diploma Courses). The air hostess training institute also offers placements in leading airlines like Lufthansa, Go Air, Emirates, etc.
Admission Process of Ambience Fly
Candidates who are willing to take admission to this institute can check their admission process below-
- Firstly register – applicants can register online or offline by providing personal and educational details.
- Screening round – after the submission of the application form, the screening round takes place. In this round, the height, weight, and BMI/Scars of the candidate are checked.
- Personal Interview- After the screening round, candidates have to appear in an interview round. Here, the candidate’s personality and communication skills are checked.
- Final selection- based on all the above rounds, the selection of the candidate is done for the course.
Placements are provided in the following airlines- Vistara, Singapore Airlines, Emirates, Air Asia, Lufthansa, Etihad Airlines, Indigo, Spicejet, American Airlines, Indigo, British Airways, etc.
Distance Education for Air Hostess Course
Candidates can also opt for Air Hostess Distance Learning Courses. Candidates have to self-study and appear for a three-hour test.
So, these are some of the best air hostess colleges in India. Now, let’s discuss the course fees of the air hostess education.
Course Fees for Air Hostess Training
As we have mentioned above, the air hostess courses in India are divided into three levels- Certificate, Diploma, and Degree. The training cost ranges from Rs 50, 000 to 2 Lakhs depending on the course and training institute. Most of the institutes also offer a stipend to the students. So, here the applicants can check out the air hostess course fees from various institutes of India.
|Training Institute||Program Fees (per annum) in lakhs|
|Frankfinn Inst. of Training Institute||1.50 Lakhs|
|Jet Airways Academy||1.45 Lakhs|
|Universal Aviation Academy||1 to 1.5 Lakhs|
|The Bombay’s Flying Club’s College of Aviation||1.50 Lakhs|
Recruitment Process and Career Prospects of an Air Hostess
Soon after the completion of the course, the candidate can attend the recruitment drive conducted by various airlines. Hence, applicants can visit their website and apply for the job. Every airline has its own way of recruiting candidates.
Some of them conduct written exams, while some just take a Group discussion or personal interview. Therefore, the candidate must check the website carefully before applying. After 10 years, the air hostess can go for a ground crew or check hostess with a good salary package.
Job Responsibilities of Air Hostess in India
The job profile of an air hostess is quite elegant and stylish. But, along with that comes great responsibility. So, here we have listed out some of the job responsibilities of a flight attendant.
- She must take care of the flight announcements.
- Ensure the safety and comfort of the passengers.
- Explaining the safety procedures to the passengers.
- Assisting with their luggage and other requirements such as food, blankets on the flight.
Air Hostess Salary in India
The salary of an air hostess is different for International and Domestic flights. International airlines tend to offer a good package than domestic airlines.
- In Domestic Airlines, the average salary of an air hostess ranges from Rs 25, 000 to Rs 50, 000 (depending on the experience).
- The salary for senior positions range from Rs 50, 000 to Rs 70, 000/-
- Whereas, International Flight Attendants get a salary of Rs 2 Lakhs (approx) per month.
Along with the salary, the airlines also provide allowances such as –
- Medical Insurance
- In-house flight discounts for employees and family members.
- Retirement plan
Recruiters of Air Hostess In India
Some of the well-known recruiters of Air-Hostess are as follows-
- Indian Airlines
- Jet Airways
- Air India
- British Airways
- Go Air
- Delta Air Lines
- Qatar Airways
- Spice Jet
- United Air
- Gulf Air
- Emirates Airlines
- Cathay Pacific
Candidates must note that the salary of the cabin crew depends on various factors –
- Type of airlines (Government-Based or Private or Domestic or International)
- Work experience
- The reputation of the institute.
To conclude, the job of an air hostess is pretty much alluring but comes with intense responsibility. If there is any query regarding the Air Hostess admission process, then please write to us.
Air Hostess Courses in India – FAQs
Question- What is the minimum age and education requirement for an Air Hostess?
Ans- The minimum age of the candidate must be between 17 to 26 years and in education, they must have passed 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks. Other than that, they must have a good physique, with great communication skills.
Question- Can I become an air hostess after the 12th?
Ans- Yes, candidates can apply for air hostess training if they have passed 12th. However, they must also meet all the physical requirements for the training.
Question- What is the difference between Air Hostess and Cabin Crew?
Ans- There is no difference between air hostess and cabin crew. They are just two different terms used to define the same job.
Question- How long are the Air Hostess Courses?
Ans- The Air hostess courses vary with the level of course you choose. There are short term and long-term courses both. The short-term courses can vary from one month to 7 months. Whereas, the long-term courses may vary from 1 year to three years.
Question- Are there any exams for Air Hostess Courses in India?
Ans- It depends on the training institutes, colleges or universities you apply for. Some of the top colleges and universities do conduct exams like NCHMCT JEE, AEEE, AIAEE, etc. However, some private institutes offer direct admission based on 10+2 marks. Therefore, make sure to check the admission process before applying.
Question- What are some of the Top Institutes that provide training in air hostess courses?
Ans- Some of the institutes are- Frankfinn Institute, Jet Airways, Ambience Fly, AHA, etc. They offer short and long-term courses with a 100% placement guarantee.
Question- Is swimming necessary for cabin crew?
Ans- At the recruitment process, no swimming test is done. However, the applicants have to learn to swim before they board the first flight. The swimming training is offered in most of the courses.
Question- What is the average pay of an air hostess/cabin crew?
Ans- The average salary can vary from Rs 25000 to Rs 50, 000 per month (for Domestic Airlines), and 2 lakhs per month for International Airlines. The salary also varies based on your experience and performance.
Question- Do Air Hostess/Flight attendants get pensions?
And- They get benefits or allowances such as health, and life insurance, and company pension plans. They also get paid for sick leaves and holidays.
Question- At what age does the air hostess retire?
Ans- The air hostess retires at the age of 50. After that, they can go for ground service jobs.