An Interview with Dipankar Chatterjee CWMC Student
Connect with Dipankar at LinkedIn
- How was your learning Experience with IIMSKILLS for Content Writing Training?
My learning experience with IIM SKILLS was an eye-opener, enlightening and inspiring, to say the least. IIM SKILLS boasts of a new age digitally focused content writing course, and expertly bridges the gap between content writing training needs and industry relevance.
The training consisted of 4 sessions (and 16 hours) of live instructor-led online classroom training. The curriculum was designed to meet industry-specific needs. Assignments had to be completed at the end of each session, with global accreditation and a Master certification from IIM Skills adding great value for each and every student.
24*7 email support by the IIM Skills team led by Vaibhav was also exceptional. From day 1 to the present day (even after I have long completed the course), the support team has always promptly resolved all my queries, whether it is for my WordPress website, content, or any other issue. Keep up the good work!
- What made you go with IIM SKILLS to Master Content Writing Skills?
The following USPs and unique advantages of IIM Skills influenced me to go for its Content Writing Master Course (CWMC):
a) Great reviews of IIM Skills on Quora, mainly consisting of ex-students and alumni.
b)Taught by the dynamic founder of IIM Skills – Vaibhav Kakkar, who has good industry experience.
c) All the lectures were recorded and immediately made available in the LMS right after each class.
d) 100% money-back policy (after the first session), something which is not offered by other competitors.
e) Free tools and lifetime access to the IIM Skills Learning Management System (LMS) – Thus, IIM Skills is literally guiding, mentoring and hand-holding each student every step of the way.
- How has our Content Writing Master Course Contributed to your Career/Business Growth?
I have been a content writer during my professional career, for the last 18 years, including in Infosys (for the Marketing Team, as I incubated crisp collaterals) and my present job in Unisys. This course will definitely add more value for my full-time job, as I endeavor to continue writing crisp and compelling content for social media and other digital channels.
I also passionately love to write as such and have just started a digital blog, with help from IIM Skills’ content writing training. This course will prove invaluable for me as I continue to evolve, honing my skills as a Digital Blogger & Content Writer over time.
- Why do you think Content Writing is a must-have skill in Digital World?
Content is always king. Words have a unique energy and power, as also the ability to help and heal. A successful content writer can become an effective influencer with engaging, compelling content in this digital world.
Whether you aspire to be a freelancer, or a professional content writer penning riveting content for articles, blog posts, and other digital media, digital content writing is a much sought after and lucrative career option for all professionals. Anyone who loves to write has always harbored dreams of taking it up as a passion/hobby or become a successful content writer in the industry.
- As per your views, what are the Top Benefits of Content Writing Career?
A content writing career provides an opportunity to work in diverse industries. Content writers could be of various types – blog and newsletter writers, brand journalists and/or storytellers, social media and SEO content writers, technical writers, scriptwriters, user interface writers, or even advertising copywriters. One can also choose to be a freelance or a full-time content writer based on his/her career goals and preferences.
In a world where every entrepreneur is now trying to digitally optimize his business, content writing is extremely crucial, as it helps to offer the right information to a discerning audience, propagate ideas, thoughts, and views in social media, improve organic search results, drive web traffic, help in converting leads into sales, and fortify the company’s digital marketing strategy.
- What’re the Top Recommended Sites To Stay Updated about Latest Trends in Content Writing?
Here are my top recommended sites to stay updated about the latest trends in content writing:
- Content Marketing Institute
- Neil Patel
- Buffer Social
- Convince & Convert
- Sprout Social
- Social Media Examiner
- Which are your Favorite Content Distribution Channels (Eg: Quora) & Why?
My favorite Content Distribution Channels are:
- Quora: Helps me to follow topics and people that interest me only, become an expert and cultivate deep knowledge, improve question pages, crowdsource ideas, and learn and be entertained with the best replies. Our domain authority and credibility in Quora increases over time with a rise in our number of posts and followers. Successful and popular Quora writers are mini-celebrities in themselves.
- My email list: This is an oft-neglected content distribution channel, and helps to generate goodwill and increase click-through-rates. However, there is a fine line between sending a few emails and spamming, and hence it should be used in moderation.
- Forums and Communities: Just like in Quora, once our domain authority and credibility increase with a significant number of posts and followers, we can initiate a thread that summarizes the content we aim to distribute.
- Linkedin Pulse: Pulse is a platform propagated by Linkedin. One can create a short version of the content we are trying to publish on LinkedIn, and then provide a backlink to my original content. We can do likewise for Reddit as well.
- Which are the Top Content Writing Tools Which you use regularly?
- Google Analytics
- Yoast SEO
- Neil Patel
- Who was your Trainer & Your Feedback about him/her?
As briefly stated by me earlier, Vaibhav Kakkar has been a revelation as IIM Skills’ founder and trainer. His dynamism, booming voice, deep baritone, and online charm & presence made all the training sessions extremely engaging, interesting and interactive. Vaibhav has good industry knowledge and is a great teacher. He is patient by nature, and his innovative and interactive teaching style ensures that the students are able to grasp study modules with live demos and practical, industry-specific examples. During the training, Vaibhav’s useful practical examples and practical life hacks from his own industry experience added great value. Despite his busy schedule, he also makes it a point to promptly help/answer/resolve all email queries, for all his students, past and present.
- What are the Top Challenges for New Digital Writer? Would you like to give me any advice to them?
The biggest challenge for a new digital writer is to not to stop learning and practicing when the CWMC training course (and its related assignments) end after 4 weeks. As the old saying goes, there is no substitute for hard work. Continuous self-learning and content writing practice is key to successfully imbibing the learnings from the IIM Skills course. Since content writing nowadays is relevant for the digital age, continuing to learn all facets of digital marketing is also vital, for the new digital writer to script a success story over time.
- How do you see Career in Content Writing in the Future?
The sky is the limit when it comes to a future career in content writing in the digital age. As explained by me earlier, content is a powerful tool and can help in generating leads, drive in traffic, and attract followers to your page, blog, account, or website. Thus, like any sunshine industry, there will always continue to be a market for content writing careers in the future. With other newer technologies coming to the fore as well every passing day, the power of content writing cannot be underestimated and will only increase!
- Would you like to share few words about our work at IIMSKILLS in educating People about Content Writing Courses?
IIM Skills has been doing a stellar job in educating people on social media channels about the magic and necessity for content writing courses. Their LinkedIn page continues to increase awareness amongst its followers about relevant topics like India’s top content writing courses, why Content Writing is a much sought-after career option nowadays, important websites for freelance content writing, various facets of Digital Marketing, etc.
The IIM Skills website also has a blog which educates aspiring learners on several interesting and industry-relevant topics like “Digital Marketing Campaigns that made it to the spotlight”, “11 tips to increase your Digital Marketing efforts”, “20 Must-read books on digital marketing”, to name a few.
The blog also has interviews with IIM Skills alumni, while on Google, relevant Q&A’s on Content Writing Courses are also answered specifically by the IIM Skills team. Thus, their words of wisdom really go a long way in answering queries from new entrants in the field.